Author Topic: Detroit - Bankrupt - lots of homes there to move to  (Read 3167 times)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
Detroit - Bankrupt - lots of homes there to move to
« on: July 18, 2013, 03:44:05 PM »
 What say you all?

kh300

• Getbig V
Re: Detroit Bankrupt
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 03:48:58 PM »
evidence that any remotely liberal economic policy will lead to ruin

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 03:53:18 PM »
It was only a matter of time.

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 03:54:19 PM »
hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha

people get the government they deserve

hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha

K

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 03:58:37 PM »
Their city art  collection - let me bid cents on the dollar.

/i'm not kidding.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 04:06:02 PM »
Democrat owned and operated. What did you expect?

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130718/METRO01/307180103#ixzz2ZQv5OdLD

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 04:13:00 PM »
This was inevitable.  Can't keep the lights on if no one is paying the electric bill. They need to shrink the city.
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 04:14:22 PM »
This was inevitable.  Can't keep the lights on if no one is paying the electric bill. They need to shrink the city.

Shrink the city?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 04:18:53 PM »
It's about time... I've just read that their debt is 18.5 billion.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2013, 04:19:15 PM »
Shrink the city?

The population is spread out over the city and this affects the distribution of services and schools.  Centralize the population and you cut costs by streamlining services and closing schools if necessary.  Sell off the freed up property.
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2013, 04:20:55 PM »
The population is spread out over the city and this affects the distribution of services and schools.  Centralize the population and you cut costs by streamlining services and closing schools if necessary.  Sell off the freed up property.

Yes, that makes total sense.

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2013, 04:28:14 PM »
libtards will still try to blame this on Pres Bush   

K

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2013, 04:31:28 PM »

You might have to pay relocations expenses as well as offering higher than market value for houses but its likely that the money spent would be recouped after selling off the land for development.
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
78,000 homes vacant in detroit so why dont poor people move there?
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2013, 04:37:37 PM »
i dont get it. its a great time to be poor and lazy as fuck without a job because theres always somewhere to live for fucking dirt cheap

i bet its a nice breezy summer up there too, they could trash the place towards the end of summer/fall move down south again when it gets too cold up there to pay a heating bill.

but seriously thats alot of vacancies. those houses are probably fucking huge too fitting atleast 4 to a house

A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2013, 04:40:33 PM »
this is a beautiful time for investors in realestate. just fence line off all the property you own with 10 foot tall spiked tipped fences
A

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Re: 78,000 homes vacant in detroit so why dont poor people move there?
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2013, 04:40:50 PM »
i dont get it. its a great time to be poor and lazy as fuck without a job because theres always somewhere to live for fucking dirt cheap

i bet its a nice breezy summer up there too, they could trash the place towards the end of summer/fall move down south again when it gets too cold up there to pay a heating bill.

but seriously thats alot of vacancies. those houses are probably fucking huge too fitting atleast 4 to a house

It's hot and humid here.  It's been in the 90s for several days.   
A

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: 78,000 homes vacant in detroit so why dont poor people move there?
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2013, 04:42:23 PM »
Homeless live in populated areas where they can find food, find jobs, water, showers...What is some homeless dude going to do in some desolated area in Detroit?

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2013, 04:49:44 PM »

He's right. It's a plan that has been talked about quite a bit in Detroit for the past couple of years... It is that desperate of a situation. Many entire neighborhoods are vacant, boarded up and burned out houses and buildings.

There are no tax payers left in the city. Anyone who did work or owned property fled the city in the past decade. The city failed to provide basic services. The only tax payers left are retirees from the auto companies. For years the city lied on their census because any city with a population over one million gets huge tax benefits and a federal grant. When it was finally investigated they found the figure to be less then 800,000....They were actually using the names of dead people to boost their numbers.

All of the elected offcicals are corrupt. The previous Mayor and all of the city council were among the highest paid in the country. All had their own cadre of bodyguards. Many had family, friends and babies mamas on the city payroll. While the city fell further and further into debt they spent money like it was going out of style.  Everytime election year rolled around the always sang the same old bullshit tune about "the community" and "keeping it in the city"...a bunch of bullshit, black,libtard rhetoric and the voters were always shamed into voting the same assholes in year after year even when it was apparent they were robbing the city blind.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2013, 04:51:08 PM »
He's right. It's a plan that has been talked about quite a bit in Detroit for the past couple of years... It is that desperate of a situation.

There are no tax payers left in the city. Anyone who did work or owned property fled the city in the past decade. The city failed to provide basic services. The only tax payers left are retirees from the auto companies. For years the city lied on their census because any city with a population over one million gets huge tax benefits and a federal grant. When it was finally investigated they found the figure to be less then 800,000....They were actually using the names of dead people to boost their numbers.

All of the elected offcicals are corrupt. The previous Mayor and all of the city council were among the highest paid in the country. All had their own cadre of bodyguards. Many had family, friends and babies mamas on the city payroll. While the city fell further and further into debt they spent money like it was going out of style.  Everytime election year rolled around the always sang the same old bullshit tune about "the community" and "keeping it in the city"...a bunch of bullshit, black,libtard rhetoric and the voters were always shamed into voting the same assholes in year after year even when it was apparent they were robbing the city blind.

I totally agree, I wasn't being sarcastic at all. It's a great plan.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2013, 04:53:04 PM »
this is a beautiful time for investors in realestate. just fence line off all the property you own with 10 foot tall spiked tipped fences

No jobs, no clients

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2013, 04:56:42 PM »
He's right. It's a plan that has been talked about quite a bit in Detroit for the past couple of years... It is that desperate of a situation.

Very true, beaks.  You and I could go on and on about Detroit and its problems, the corruption is that bad. They've elected corrupt mayor after corrupt mayor who end up cheating and fleecing the city.  You'd think after Coleman Young Detroit would have learned its lesson but they didnt and elected the equally as criminal Kilpatrick. Your absolutely correct about the tax payers.  It's such a mess that something drastic need to be done.
A

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2013, 04:59:31 PM »
He's right. It's a plan that has been talked about quite a bit in Detroit for the past couple of years... It is that desperate of a situation. Many entire neighborhoods are vacant, boarded up and burned out houses and buildings.

You just described Chicago to a tee.......

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2013, 05:01:02 PM »
the voters were always shamed into voting the same assholes in year after year even when it was apparent they were robbing the city blind.

Goes back to what I said earlier...people get the government they deserve.

K

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2013, 05:19:15 PM »
Goes back to what I said earlier...people get the government they deserve.

Yeah. You said anything... ::)