Author Topic: WWE 2K14 Ultimate Warrior Trailer  (Read 6344 times)

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
WWE 2K14 Ultimate Warrior Trailer
« on: July 24, 2013, 07:27:33 AM »
I was kinda surprised to see this. I thought his relationship with Vince was not good.
A couple of questions...

1) Would anyone pop or like to see Warrior back on TV in some way?
2) Does he deserve to be in HOF and will he ever be?

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
Re: WWE 2K14 Ultimate Warrior Trailer
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 07:46:49 AM »
I was kinda surprised to see this. I thought his relationship with Vince was not good.
A couple of questions...

1) Would anyone pop or like to see Warrior back on TV in some way?
2) Does he deserve to be in HOF and will he ever be?

I am happy catching youtubes of his old matches.

It seems like just about everyone gets into the HOF anyway so might as well include UW.
~

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 08:51:26 AM »
I am happy catching youtubes of his old matches.

It seems like just about everyone gets into the HOF anyway so might as well include UW.

Hey KoKo B. Ware is in right?

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 09:03:45 AM »
If the HOF was serious then no, Hogan helped push him but he was awful and his run was far too short and sporadic. Dino Bravo is more worthy an inductee if youre gonna throw names about, and he was always in Earthquakes shadow.

If he wasnt such a dick id pop for him, i think id just shake my head in disbelief now tho ;) But hey, i marked out like a kid for Vader, DDP et al when they wiped out Slater ha ha

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 09:09:44 AM »

) But hey, i marked out like a kid for Vader, DDP et al when they wiped out Slater ha ha

Same here.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 01:41:02 PM »

I'm not 100% positive, but I believe the deal is between Hellwig and the gaming manufacturer. Savage did something similar with Mattel shortly before he passed. Essentially, Ultimate Jim is leasing his name & likeness to be used in a WWF-themed game. This may pave the way for more direct involvement in the WWE, but if that happens, I would expect there to be a substantial hoopla on RAW.

Vince's tweet is a little misleading. There is some space on wwe.com devoted to the Ultimate Warrior's "return," so maybe they are, indeed, working towards reaching some kind of deal. However, nothing beyond the game has been mentioned.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 04:56:41 AM »
For those who missed it, Warrior posted the following to Vince…

“@VinceMcMahon Vince, thank you for your personal welcome back to the WWE Universe. It is noted and appreciated. All the Warriors of Parts Unknown take pride in being one of the original galaxies of the Universe you created. Not one of my days has passed without a flashback to my time in the business and my relationship with you. After 17 years of battling one another, perhaps the stars have finally aligned and Destiny is prepared to tell one of Sports Entertainment’s greatest stories: how two of the industry’s most determined, colorful, intense and explosive personalities brought to life a persona that made such an inspiring impression that it still captures the hearts and minds of fans all over the world, even all these years later. I am proud Ultimate Warrior is an iconic, immortal spirit in the Universe you created. I know, Vince McMahon, you are proud, too. The inhabitants of your WWE Universe believe your personal welcome is an invitation of sorts. If so, consider this my RSVP with one condition. Wisdom takes a seat at the table with us when we meet, but we each also leave unburied a slight edge of the hatchet we’ve carried over the years. that other gutless and heartless God-fearing men urge us to lay to rest forever. Face it, neither one of us were ever any good at being bored or boring others. So coming prepared to kill one another makes for a interesting backup plan. Always Believe, Warrior”

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2013, 11:43:01 AM »
I think he will be signing a legends contract which makes perfect sense at this point ..

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2013, 04:22:31 PM »
I think he will be signing a legends contract which makes perfect sense at this point ..

I guess his settlement money is running low, and Warrior University hasn't proved to be as lucrative as hoped. It's very likely he's agreeing to this because of the money factor.

And, I don't blame him. Like I often say on here: no matter how you look at this industry, at the end of the day, it's still just grown men in in Lycra pretending to fight.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2013, 06:00:11 AM »
"The promoters are the pimps and the wrestlers are the whores."

When I was a kid my dad and Akbar would always say that. Its true in many ways I guess. Warrior needs a payday, I say let him have it. I feel like the fans would like to see him.