Author Topic: ‘White Student Union’ started at Georgia State  (Read 11278 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: ‘White Student Union’ started at Georgia State
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2013, 08:22:28 PM »
It's bad enough that 1/10 people are black, without all these efforts to bring them out of the proverbial woodwork even more.  :-\

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2013, 08:22:47 PM »
so by that same logic the nba and nfl are exclusionary against whites?

I mean they pick players on athletic ability but the leagues are predominately black so...::)

what a fuking moron

Once again, inability to follow a point. We don't live in a society in which the default is white. Both leagues have majority white owners and coaches. What do you even think you are talking about?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2013, 08:23:38 PM »
Yes, there is. Whether or not majority White groups are formed on the basis of race, the fact that they are ultimately  almost exclusively white is the issue.

They are not formed specifically for a particular race nor are they exclusionary based on race either, at least not in the same way minority groups are.   They may be exclusionary based on economic or social status but not intentionally by race. Minority groups are and yet they receive no social pressure for greater diversity.  Considering that most blacks grow up in black neighborhoods, I think it would be good for black groups to be more inclusive and less racially isolationist.
A

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2013, 08:23:58 PM »
African American people are over represented in every aspect of life, it's not even worth arguing about it's so blatant.

From college, sports, entertainment, etc...

Thanks for derailing my thread by the way.....  >:( >:( >:( >:( ;D

Your posts in this thread have been worthless... including the opening post. Beat it!

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2013, 08:24:24 PM »

BET Awards, nominated for Best Movie
NAACP Image Award, won for Outstanding Motion Picture and Outstanding Independent Motion Picture.

Budget: $58 million.
Box Office: $50 million

;D

Waiting on Al Doggity to comment......

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2013, 08:25:26 PM »
They are not formed specifically for a particular race nor are they exclusionary based on race either, at least not in the same way minority groups are.   They may be exclusionary based on economic or social status but not intentionally by race. Minority groups are and yet they receive no social pressure for greater diversity.  Considering that most blacks grow up in black neighborhoods, I think it would be good for black groups to be more inclusive and less racially isolationist.

That is major point of most ethnic student unions.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2013, 08:26:13 PM »
Once again, inability to follow a point. We don't live in a society in which the default is white. Both leagues have majority white owners and coaches. What do you even think you are talking about?
ahhh so you pick and choose which areas to highlight and which ones to ignore...I see how you come the ignorant conclusions you do....

I bet your probably upset that there werent any blacks in dancing with wolves too

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2013, 08:28:44 PM »
We don't live in a society in which the default is white.

Western culture is white by default. 
LOL Im sure you will tell us next that the US is not western culture

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2013, 08:29:28 PM »
That is major point of most ethnic student unions.

Unfortunately they fail miserably.  If the intention of a minority only organization is to broaden their exposure to various cultures, forming a group only with members like themselves and excluding everyone else is a poor way of going about it.
A

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2013, 08:29:42 PM »
The solution is clear, the government should subsidize African American movies and TV shows to make them economically viable.  Let's put an end to white privilege once and for all.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2013, 08:30:55 PM »
The solution is clear, the government should subsidize African American movies and TV shows to make them economically viable.  Let's put an end to white privilege once and for all.
hahah you joke but there are morons out there probably championing this very idea...and there you will find albert along with andre and benny

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2013, 08:32:43 PM »
hahah you joke but there are morons out there probably championing this very idea...and there you will find albert along with andre and benny

haha!!

I hope Albert gets Andre in here, this is entertaining.  ;D

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2013, 08:35:05 PM »
ahhh so you pick and choose which areas to highlight and which ones to ignore...I see how you come the ignorant conclusions you do....

I bet your probably upset that there werent any blacks in dancing with wolves too

No, it's just your examples are stupid. Everything I've said has been consistent.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2013, 08:36:38 PM »
Unfortunately they fail miserably.  If the intention of a minority only organization is to broaden their exposure to various cultures, forming a group only with members like themselves and excluding everyone else is a poor way of going about it.

Student unions don't exclude people unlike their members. Female student unions have male members. Black student unions have white members. And almost all student unions co-mingle with others.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2013, 08:43:07 PM »
LOL Im sure you will tell us next that the US is not western culture

Oh, c'mon. That was clearly a typo. Even you have to be able to put 2+2 together in that instance. But I guess anything to grasp at, right  ;)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2013, 08:50:08 PM »
Student unions don't exclude people unlike their members. Female student unions have male members. Black student unions have white members. And almost all student unions co-mingle with others.

Student Unions are really a collection of various organizations.  While they do socialize in the same area, they are distinct groups  differentiated by various interests, including race, religion, gender and sexual orientation. I was a member of an organization that met in the student union and I socialized with members of others groups but I was not a member of those groups.
A

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2013, 08:57:21 PM »
Student Unions are really a collection of various organizations.  While they do socialize in the same area, they are distinct groups  differentiated by various interests, including race, religion, gender and sexual orientation. I was a member of an organization that met in the student union and I socialized with members of others groups but I was not a member of those groups.

??? I'm not saying you were a member of the groups you socialized with, I'm correcting  the fallacy you've repeated  several times that you wouldn't have been allowed to join a specific union based on race or sex. You don't have to be black to join a black student union. Being a certain race, gender or religion isn't a requirement to join a student union. And the various student unions intermingle, so even if the my previous statement wasn't so, they do encourage diversity.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2013, 08:58:46 PM »
No, it's just your examples are stupid. Everything I've said has been consistent.
so in your mind the nfl and nba are not exclusionary against white players?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2013, 09:03:18 PM »
??? I'm not saying you were a member of the groups you socialized with, I'm correcting  the fallacy you've repeated  several times that you wouldn't have been allowed to join a specific union based on race or sex. You don't have to be black to join a black student union. Being a certain race, gender or religion isn't a requirement to join a student union. And the various student unions intermingle, so even if the my previous statement wasn't so, they do encourage diversity.

I never mentioned student unions. 
A

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2013, 09:04:29 PM »
so in your mind the nfl and nba are not exclusionary against white players?

No, I don't.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2013, 09:06:12 PM »
No, I don't.

So if everyone can join any group they please, where are the white groups that exclude other people by race?  Where are the white groups formed around the premise of being white?  You said they existed.
A

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2013, 09:07:16 PM »
I never mentioned student unions. 

Then your reading comprehension skills could use work, because I have mentioned them several times, they  are in the title of this thread and  it is what this discussion is about.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2013, 09:07:53 PM »
So if everyone can join any group they please, where are the white groups that exclude other people by race?  Where are the white groups formed around the premise of being white?  You said they existed.

No, I didn't.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2013, 09:08:45 PM »
No, I didn't.

Im confused as to why you have a problem with white student unions. 
A

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2013, 09:08:58 PM »
No, I don't.
so the "mainstream media" is exclusionary by race even if the reason the exclude is not based on race but the NFL and NBA arent even though they do the same thing?