Author Topic: MSNBC 'Rita Cosby' TITUS piece summary  (Read 18517 times)

619Rules

Re: MSNBC 'Rita Cosby' TITUS piece summary
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2005, 10:47:10 AM »
She sounds like some kind of hustler slut. If that's the case, maybe she got what she deserves. Don't bite the hand that feeds.

I dont think anyonbe desreves to be killed for stealing....whats next killing someone for jay walking, running a red light?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2005, 10:59:32 AM »
And I got into an arguement with him last year about Kelly's smoke-away supplements.   Good thing we squashed that beef

Yeah, real good thing that beef got squashed.   ::)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2005, 11:00:14 AM »
I dont think anyonbe desreves to be killed for stealing....whats next killing someone for jay walking, running a red light?

BTW, LSAT scores are in today.    :D

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2005, 11:00:35 AM »
Yeah, real good thing that beef got squashed.   ::)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ROFL
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2005, 11:01:02 AM »

you bout to go to law school tre?

SilentMethod

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2005, 11:04:58 AM »
The Ryans must have been up to some real heavy duty illegal acitivities
U dont work, U dont eat
U dont grind, U dont Shine

619Rules

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2005, 11:05:51 AM »

What was your score?........

BTW the LSAT is a better determination of how white and wealthy your family is than of how well you will do in the 1st year of law school...... ;D

The LSAT has NO correlatin to bar passage rates...pretty intersting- yes?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2005, 11:07:27 AM »
you bout to go to law school tre?

That's the plan, bro.  Initially, my plan was to do pro bono work for the IFBB athletes' union, but after this past week, I don't know if that's such a good idea anymore.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2005, 11:10:42 AM »
That's the plan, bro.  Initially, my plan was to do pro bono work for the IFBB athletes' union, but after this past week, I don't know if that's such a good idea anymore.

what's your undergrad major?  Law school intrigues me...

619Rules

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2005, 11:16:01 AM »

Unless you get into a public law school-like Florida State-it is a very expensive undertaking-to the tune of about 150K (all costs including living).........

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2005, 11:36:17 AM »
What was your score?........

BTW the LSAT is a better determination of how white and wealthy your family is than of how well you will do in the 1st year of law school...... ;D

The LSAT has NO correlatin to bar passage rates...pretty intersting- yes?
L O L!!!   I got a 155 - not bad for a brotha.  My goal was 150, so I'm happy about that.  The question now is whether I can score 10-12 points higher next time out. 

The bar seems to be a rather tricky mistress.  In shopping around, I've noticed some schools with seemingly low admissions standards have some of the best bar passage rates, while schools that are tougher to get into sometimes have lower bar success. 

Univ of Missouri is looking very attractive right now, while Carolina is my #1 choice.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2005, 11:41:04 AM »

My degree is in biology.  My entire life was geared towards a career in medicine, but I had to let that dream go.  The law fascinates me, so I believe that's what has brought me here. 

619Rules

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2005, 12:11:17 PM »
L O L!!!   I got a 155 - not bad for a brotha.  My goal was 150, so I'm happy about that.  The question now is whether I can score 10-12 points higher next time out. 

A 155 is a very good score. That will open some doors to good schools-if you are black you will be sitting very, very good.

You will most likely get some "merit" scholarship $$$ from lower to mid ranked law schools with a 155 LSAT.

As for a better score the next time around, almost all law schools will "average" your scores, they will not just take the high score. So if I were you I would not retake the test.

Your score is pretty damn good and even if you scored a 160 on a future exam it would not make much difference............al so-if you get scholarship $$$ take it!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2005, 01:35:39 PM »
A 155 is a very good score. That will open some doors to good schools-if you are black you will be sitting very, very good.

You will most likely get some "merit" scholarship $$$ from lower to mid ranked law schools with a 155 LSAT.

As for a better score the next time around, almost all law schools will "average" your scores, they will not just take the high score. So if I were you I would not retake the test.

Your score is pretty damn good and even if you scored a 160 on a future exam it would not make much difference............al so-if you get scholarship $$$ take it!

Hey man, thanks for the info and the vote of confidence!  I just spoke with my little sister and she's recommending a re-test in February (my GPA is not competitive), suggesting that I prepare next time around.  My #1 choice has a Feb 1st deadline, but all my 2nd- and 3rd-tier choices are Mar 1st or later.  She's certain I could get into her school (Central), but wants me to bolster that resumé and go for something higher (she did her undergrad at Carolina, then got her JD from NC Central).      

I would *love* to pick up some scholarship money and would certainly consider attending a lower-ranked school if it meant saving tens of thousands of dollars. 

Now that the scores are in and deadlines are approaching, the process is becoming very, very real.  It's been a long time since I did this for college, and everything is very different now...especially the stakes. 

Where did you go to law school?

619Rules

« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2005, 12:34:21 AM »
Hey man, thanks for the info and the vote of confidence!  I just spoke with my little sister and she's recommending a re-test in February (my GPA is not competitive), suggesting that I prepare next time around.  My #1 choice has a Feb 1st deadline, but all my 2nd- and 3rd-tier choices are Mar 1st or later.  She's certain I could get into her school (Central), but wants me to bolster that resumé and go for something higher (she did her undergrad at Carolina, then got her JD from NC Central).      

I would *love* to pick up some scholarship money and would certainly consider attending a lower-ranked school if it meant saving tens of thousands of dollars. 

Now that the scores are in and deadlines are approaching, the process is becoming very, very real.  It's been a long time since I did this for college, and everything is very different now...especially the stakes. 

Where did you go to law school?

Tre-I hope uyou have apps in right now.....the best chances at getting in to the school of choice is to apply in the Fall-before Thanksgiving........

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2005, 10:03:12 AM »
Tre-I hope uyou have apps in right now.....the best chances at getting in to the school of choice is to apply in the Fall-before Thanksgiving........

Hey Tre, have you ever thought about law school in Canada? We have some of the best schools in the world I have my LLB from Dal Law ( I don't practice. )

Big Ronnie Abston MBA, LLB.

Double XL

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2005, 10:08:13 AM »
Hey Tre, have you ever thought about law school in Canada? We have some of the best schools in the world I have my LLB from Dal Law ( I don't practice. )

I THOUGHT YOU LIVED IN THE NETHERLANDS?
[img]http://nono.com/0ICJ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2005, 10:09:02 AM »
I THOUGHT YOU LIVED IN THE NETHERLANDS?

he lives in fantasy land.

Double XL

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2005, 10:16:40 AM »
he lives in fantasy land.
I THINK HURRICANE JUST MOVED TO CANADA AND I CAN CONFIRM HIS DEGREES!!
[img]http://nono.com/0ICJ

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2005, 10:23:18 AM »
Unless you get into a public law school-like Florida State-it is a very expensive undertaking-to the tune of about 150K (all costs including living).........

It can be done for half that price in Canada.

Several years back I was lecturing at the Mi'kmaq ( IB&M ) Initiative at Dal law and " spear headed " a group which brought the late Johnnie Cochran to Halifax to speak on minority involvement in law. Johnnie and I spent many hours together over lunch and it was quite obvious to me why he was as successful as he was.

Give some thought to a law degree in Canada, world class schools and much cheaper.

Big Ronnie Abston MBA, LLB

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2005, 11:39:39 AM »

I'm way behind the ball here.  I didn't make the decision until November, so I'm only just now getting into the process.  Thanks for the tip, though - I've got a little transcript 'issue' to clear up, but will have everything except my LORs assembled within the next week. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2005, 11:41:29 AM »

Hey, I love Canada and have tons of respect for your educational system, but would not attend law school there.  I don't rule out the possibility of someday living in BC, but for the next several years, I'll be in the U.S. 

FOR REAL

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2005, 03:08:07 PM »
Tre why the change from medicine? I saw in one of your posts that you didnt have a competitive GPA... There are caribbean med schools!!

I am a 2nd year neurosurgery resident, our cheif resident actually went to a caribbean school!! So... as you can see, it really doesnt matter what medical school you go to.. It only really matters how you did on your USMLE, to get a very competitive residency..

I was actually a criminal justice major undergrad, but at the same time completed my pre med classes also.. I had thought about law school for a few minutes, but then quickly snapped out of it...

Either way, best of luck! PM me sometime if you wanna talk more