Author Topic: Bill O'Reilly Exposes Al Sharpton for Lying 'Once Again' on National Television  (Read 11770 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Liberals should really be embarrassed by this guy.  

Bill O'Reilly Exposes Al Sharpton for Lying 'Once Again' on National Television
By Noel Sheppard | August 16, 2013

Fox News's Bill O'Reilly on Thursday exposed Al Sharpton for lying "once again" on national television.

Also of interest, O'Reilly disclosed for the time that years ago he gave $25,000 to one of Sharpton's charities (video follows with transcript and commentary):

BILL O'REILLY: A few days ago, we did a story about the food stamp fraud in the USA. As part of that story we featured Jason the Surfer, there he is, young man healthy, gets thousands of dollars worth of food stamps every year. Even while he surfs all day long. He doesn't care about working. And here is what I said about it.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

O'REILLY: This guy is a parasite. And my contention is that the Obama administration is encouraging parasites to come out and, you know, take as much as they can with no remorse and this is how a country declines. This is how we become a weak nation.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

O'REILLY: So that was a pretty clear statement about Jason the Surfer. And the failure of the federal government to regulate who gets entitlements from the taxpayer. Right? Pretty straightforward. Here is how Al Sharpton spun it?

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

AL SHARPTON: Bill O'Reilly is going back to one of his favorite talking points. Attacking the poor. Here is his latest rant about people on food stamps. Parasites. The poor are parasites. We have heard these kinds of attacks before.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

O'REILLY: Sharpton obviously taking my comments totally out of context. Not even mentioning Jason the Surfer and basically not telling the truth once again. The guy does this all the time. And here's the crusher on Sharpton. He has been portraying me as a racist and a brutalizer of the poor. A few years ago Sharpton told me that his charity in Harlem, New York, was out of money. And that it could not provide Christmas presents and Christmas dinners to hundreds of poor people in Harlem. So I gave Sharpton a $25,000 donation to provide the gifts and the food. I never mentioned it. Because it wasn't necessary to mention it. But now it is. To prove exactly what kind of person Al Sharpton is.

Actually, most people in America have known for years what kind of person Sharpton is.

That's what makes it so shocking the folks at NBC News would actually give him his own show to race-bait from.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/08/16/bill-oreilly-accuses-al-sharpton-lying-once-again-national-television#ixzz2cAJwh0J6

bears

• Getbig IV
hey fuck you Beach!  Al Sharpton is black.  Leave him alone.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Sharpton is a typical race pimping thug maggot

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Is his stature in the public even what it once was?

He seems irrelevant these days

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
hey fuck you Beach!  Al Sharpton is black.  Leave him alone.

lol.  Racist post reported . . . .

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Is his stature in the public even what it once was?

He seems irrelevant these days

Yes.  He has a show on MSNBC.  Granted their ratings suck, but he still reaches thousands of people almost every day. 

And irrelevant?  He's partly responsible for the Zimmerman persecution (not a typo). 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
This Racism is killing me inside

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Liberals should really be embarrassed by this guy.  

Bill O'Reilly Exposes Al Sharpton for Lying 'Once Again' on National Television
By Noel Sheppard | August 16, 2013

Fox News's Bill O'Reilly on Thursday exposed Al Sharpton for lying "once again" on national television.

Also of interest, O'Reilly disclosed for the time that years ago he gave $25,000 to one of Sharpton's charities (video follows with transcript and commentary):

BILL O'REILLY: A few days ago, we did a story about the food stamp fraud in the USA. As part of that story we featured Jason the Surfer, there he is, young man healthy, gets thousands of dollars worth of food stamps every year. Even while he surfs all day long. He doesn't care about working. And here is what I said about it.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

O'REILLY: This guy is a parasite. And my contention is that the Obama administration is encouraging parasites to come out and, you know, take as much as they can with no remorse and this is how a country declines. This is how we become a weak nation.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

O'REILLY: So that was a pretty clear statement about Jason the Surfer. And the failure of the federal government to regulate who gets entitlements from the taxpayer. Right? Pretty straightforward. Here is how Al Sharpton spun it?

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

AL SHARPTON: Bill O'Reilly is going back to one of his favorite talking points. Attacking the poor. Here is his latest rant about people on food stamps. Parasites. The poor are parasites. We have heard these kinds of attacks before.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

O'REILLY: Sharpton obviously taking my comments totally out of context. Not even mentioning Jason the Surfer and basically not telling the truth once again. The guy does this all the time. And here's the crusher on Sharpton. He has been portraying me as a racist and a brutalizer of the poor. A few years ago Sharpton told me that his charity in Harlem, New York, was out of money. And that it could not provide Christmas presents and Christmas dinners to hundreds of poor people in Harlem. So I gave Sharpton a $25,000 donation to provide the gifts and the food. I never mentioned it. Because it wasn't necessary to mention it. But now it is. To prove exactly what kind of person Al Sharpton is.

Actually, most people in America have known for years what kind of person Sharpton is.

That's what makes it so shocking the folks at NBC News would actually give him his own show to race-bait from.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/08/16/bill-oreilly-accuses-al-sharpton-lying-once-again-national-television#ixzz2cAJwh0J6

If you are white Al hates your guts lib or repub.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

I dont think you read well Tony.

Try reading my post again. I just called Al a racist.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
Sharpton is a typical race pimping thug maggot

I don't don't about typical - he is quite... bombastic. But he's certainly a race-pimping thug and, arguably, a racist.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I don't don't about typical - he is quite... bombastic. But he's certainly a race-pimping thug and, arguably, a racist.

What he did w Freddy's should have landed him in prison. 

avxo

• Getbig V
What he did w Freddy's should have landed him in prison. 

Huh? I'm not sure i know what you're talking about. I don't follow Al's shenanigans too closely. By which I mean I don't follow them at all.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Huh? I'm not sure i know what you're talking about. I don't follow Al's shenanigans too closely. By which I mean I don't follow them at all.

Look it up - he fomented a riot resulting on a really bad situation

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
O'Reilly has been on fire lately. 8)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
I would rather see people like Jason enjoying themselves while on food stamps than the typical food stamp recipient. Lets be real, Jason is a young kid enjoying life right now, pretty soon he will mature, get a career and get off food stamps for good. All the while many others will sit at home with no intention of ever working, sling dope, or maybe even sell the food stamps for dope. Filt!

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Exposing Sharpton as a liar isn't very hard.  You only have a 100% chance of doing so every time he opens his mouth.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Exposing Sharpton as a liar isn't very hard.  You only have a 100% chance of doing so every time he opens his mouth.

Very well said...   I laughed a good one.   The only time he isn't lying is when hes eating.  Well, hes still lying but hes not saying anything.
A

avxo

• Getbig V

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Fox News should be ashamed of itself for portraying this guy (Jason the Surfer) as representative of the typical recipient of SNAP benefits
But then again Fox knows that the majority of their viewers are morons who will gobble up this shit hook, line and sinker and beg for more

Fox's Shameless Misrepresentation Of SNAP Recipients
Blog ››› August 9, 2013 11:00 PM EDT ›››    SAMANTHA WYATT

Baier: "When A Safety Net Becomes A Hammock"

In an attempt to make a surfing freeloader the face of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) recipients, a Fox News special profiled Jason Greenslate, "a blissfully jobless California surfer" who has taken advantage of SNAP benefits. In reality, Greenslate bears no resemblance to the overwhelming majority of SNAP recipients, many of whom are elderly, children, or rely on the program for a short time while looking for work.

Prior to its August 9 airing, Fox News hyped the special, "The Great Food Stamp Binge," on Fox News Insider, FoxNews.com, and several of its daytime shows. Each preview focused on Jason Greenslate, a freeloading surfer who Fox correspondent John Roberts interviewed in Southern California. FoxNews.com described Greenslate at length in an article that teased the "new documentary":

The Fox News Reporting documentary profiles, among others, a California surfer and aspiring musician named Jason Greenslate. Greenslate shows how he supports his beach-bum lifestyle with food stamps, while dismissing the idea of holding down a regular, steady job.

"It's not that I don't want a job, I don't want a boss. I don't want someone telling me what to do.  I'm gonna live my own life," Greenslate tells Fox News' John Roberts. "This is the way I want to live. And I don't really see anything changing. I got the card. It's $200. That's it."

As promised, "The Great Food Stamp Binge" labeled Greenslate "the new face of food stamps," devoting two full segments to his lifestyle in a shameless attempt to characterize SNAP recipients as freeloaders.

According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Food and Nutrition Service, the fraud and waste rate in SNAP is roughly 1 percent, contrary to recent Fox claims that the program is rife with fraud.

Unlike Greenslate, 41 percent of food stamp recipients live "in a household with earnings," and use SNAP benefits to supplement their primary source of income. Furthermore, the USDA reports that most food stamp recipients stay in the program for only a short period of time:

Half of all new SNAP participants received benefits for 10 months or less in the mid 2000s, up from 8 months in the early 2000s. Single parent families and elderly individuals tended to stay in the program longer than did working poor individuals, childless adults without disabilities, and noncitizens. Seventy-four percent of new participants left the program within two years. This is an increase from 71 percent in the early 1990s.

Fox's attempt to demonize food stamp recipients as a caricature of willful dependency ignores the fact that SNAP kept 4.7 million people out of poverty in 2011, many of whom are children or the elderly. Unlike Greenslate, the majority of these individuals relied on the program not because of laziness, but necessity.

Surely it would not have been difficult for Fox to find a realistic face of food stamp recipients, as 76% of SNAP households include a child, elderly person, or disabled American. This dishonest depiction of SNAP is the latest example of Fox's longstanding tradition of maligning the poor

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Fox News should be ashamed of itself for portraying this guy (Jason the Surfer) as representative of the typical recipient of SNAP benefits
But then again Fox knows that the majority of their viewers are morons who will gobble up this shit hook, line and sinker and beg for more

Exactly bro, this guy is nowhere near the typical food stamp user. And like I said pretty soon he will mature and get a job and pay the govt 10s of thousands of dollars in taxes. And they make it sound like he is getting a shit ton of food stamps. Probably turns out to be less than 2 grand per year.

avxo

• Getbig V

He's probably not typical, but he's still defrauding the system which is fucked up and he's hurting people who legitimately need the help but can't get it because he does, or won't because they'll be seen as potential fraudsters too.

Generally speaking, I don't think the government should be in the business of providing money for food to people. Still I can understand how people sometimes need a helping hand and I am willing to grudgingly support some measures to help people in need, but only if I can be assured that my money doesn't help someone freeload off of me and doesn't create a culture of dependency, the program is cost-effective and helps people improve their lives.

And I don't feel assured, because of people like Jason the Surfer, who ought to get kicked from the program and investigated for fraud.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
He's probably not typical, but he's still defrauding the system which is fucked up and he's hurting people who legitimately need the help but can't get it because he does, or won't because they'll be seen as potential fraudsters too.

Generally speaking, I don't think the government should be in the business of providing money for food to people. Still I can understand how people sometimes need a helping hand and I am willing to grudgingly support some measures to help people in need, but only if I can be assured that my money doesn't help someone freeload off of me and doesn't create a culture of dependency, the program is cost-effective and helps people improve their lives.

And I don't feel assured, because of people like Jason the Surfer, who ought to get kicked from the program and investigated for fraud.

shouldn't he be investigated for fraud first and then kicked off if committing said fraud

what fraud do you think he might be committing ?

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
^
The funny thing is he is not defrauding the system. He's following the rules in place. From what I understand basically is if you don't have a job then you qualify.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
^
The funny thing is he is not defrauding the system. He's following the rules in place. From what I understand basically is if you don't have a job then you qualify.

that's why I asked avxo what fraud this guy is committing