Author Topic: Pizza - Types of Pizza's  (Read 12779 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Pizza - Types of Pizza's
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2013, 10:59:23 PM »
I've always respected your food knowledge base, TA. I think it's divine knowledge. If you're not eating like a king, you're eating like a peasant. 8)

Have you ever tried cooking with MSG from Ajinomoto? I know they're not entirely the same but I sometimes throw it in dishes.

People freak out over MSG but even when Asian restaurants advertise their foods as being MSG free, they use lots of foods with glutamic acid like fish sauce, oyster sauce, obviously seaweeds and mushrooms. Beef and cheeses like parm or emmantal are loaded with it too. I kind of chuckle when people swear off MSG but turn around and eat a ton of glutamate loaded foods. Smug, dumb fuckers.
I love Ajinomoto MSG!!!!!  I order it from Amazon.  I also use Fish Sauce in a lot of things.  The best Chili is made with Fish Sauce.  It gives it everything a deep meaty flavor that you just can`t get from meat alone.  MSG used to be a bad word and it was all based on nonsense and myth.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2013, 12:28:45 AM »
I love Ajinomoto MSG!!!!!  I order it from Amazon.  I also use Fish Sauce in a lot of things.  The best Chili is made with Fish Sauce.  It gives it everything a deep meaty flavor that you just can`t get from meat alone.  MSG used to be a bad word and it was all based on nonsense and myth.

have you ever tried the cook's illustrated new york pizza recipe?

thinking of giving it a go after that vid

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2013, 01:06:49 AM »
have you ever tried the cook's illustrated new york pizza recipe?

thinking of giving it a go after that vid
Its the ABSOLUTE best and is what you see in the picture I posted.  CI recipes are by far the best.  I have a subscription to both Cooks Country and Cooks Illustrated and its where I cook from most of the time.  Their recipes cannot be beat and all of them are better than what you can get in any restaurant.

dustin

« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2013, 03:01:55 PM »

Bro, hit up the local Asian store for that stuff. It's so cheap! And it does get a bad wrap... I used to think it was a migraine trigger for me but it was just the shitty-fake Chinese food I was eating. Did a few tests myself and I get zero migraines or headaches from it. And then a two minute Google search showed me how many common foods have glutamines so that totally killed the myth for me. I should have known the masses would be wrong about it, just like they are with everything else. :-X

Damn, fish sauce in chili, eh? Even I haven't tried that before! I'll make a pot next week and see how it goes. :o

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2013, 03:34:48 PM »
Brooklyn Water. hah.

Its the cold ferment and cheese to crust ratio. Its a great pizza to replicate and is quite easy to do so.

Grimaldi's pizza in Brooklyn was pretty tasty.   Never tried Di Fara.   I usually get to NYC about 3 or 4 times a year on business.  Will see if I can get to Brooklyn to try Di Fara next time I'm in NYC.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: Pizza
« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2013, 03:34:53 PM »
Here is one of mine that I make.  I am making Pizza tomorrow as a matter of fact.

post the recipe

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2013, 07:37:02 PM »
Its the ABSOLUTE best and is what you see in the picture I posted.  CI recipes are by far the best.  I have a subscription to both Cooks Country and Cooks Illustrated and its where I cook from most of the time.  Their recipes cannot be beat and all of them are better than what you can get in any restaurant.

i got one of their reference cookbooks ("the cook's illustrated cookbook") and their "the science of good cooking" partly because i recognized you post a lot of their recipes

solid stuff so far.  apparently my mom uses their crust recipes for her apple pie... and i always wondered why it was so much better than all her other cooking ;D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2013, 07:43:01 PM »
i got one of their reference cookbooks ("the cook's illustrated cookbook") and their "the science of good cooking" partly because i recognized you post a lot of their recipes

solid stuff so far.  apparently my mom uses their crust recipes for her apple pie... and i always wondered why it was so much better than all her other cooking ;D
I just pulled a pizza out of the oven.  This one was a Pan Pizza.  I usually make a few lbs of dough, let it cold ferment and then bake one or two a day for a few days.  I don`t think I can ever get tired of pizza.

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2013, 11:59:53 PM »
nothing can beat seafood pizza