Author Topic: Ken Patera stories  (Read 68261 times)

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
Re: Ken Patera stories
« Reply #100 on: October 23, 2013, 03:37:08 AM »

I just heard Ken speak at a wrestling legends convention. I was amazed at how humble and friendly he sounded. He may just really have it in for McDonald's! ;D

I sat on the couch in between Ken and Wilhelm for 4+ hours a few SAT's ago. (At Marriott Hotel in NJ (Lounge). (He was honored earlier that evening at AOBS).
Great guy, great stories, humble and down to earth. Bruce is great as well, great story teller, one funny bastard...

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #101 on: October 23, 2013, 08:12:10 AM »
I sat on the couch in between Ken and Wilhelm for 4+ hours a few SAT's ago. (At Marriott Hotel in NJ (Lounge). (He was honored earlier that evening at AOBS).
Great guy, great stories, humble and down to earth. Bruce is great as well, great story teller, one funny bastard...

Sorry I had to miss the AOBS this year. Would have enjoyed seeing the guys agin after all these years.  I'll bet you forgot to give them my email address. It's ok, they probably don't remember me being that it was a long time ago. Sounds like you had a great time.  Perhaps next year you and I will be sitting in that lobby having a cocktail or two and telling story's of our past.
RZ

kimo

• Getbig III
« Reply #102 on: October 25, 2013, 10:53:58 AM »
hard to beleive they did theuir lifting in the 1970,s . ken for early 70,s bruce for later .