Author Topic: What's the most essential bodybuilding supplemen?  (Read 3838 times)

awoo23

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
What's the most essential bodybuilding supplemen?
« on: December 23, 2005, 07:20:00 PM »
What supplement is the most important in bodybuilding? That is, if I am on a limited budget, and could only afford one thing, what supplement should i spend my money on?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: What's the most essential bodybuilding supplemen?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 07:44:48 PM »
Recommending one thing, would be an affordable protein powder that had some casein in it as well. I think you should buy a big bag of maltodextrin at Costco or some place like that too. There are usually websites for beer homebrewers that sells maltodextrin too, that's where I got my 50 lbs bag a year ago...

I think protein powders are great, as they can help you save money. IMO, think of them as helpers for a tight budget.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 10:26:04 PM »
I think Whey powder. Can somone tell me what the 2nd most important is?
Agree

Ledd

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2005, 08:34:57 AM »
Shouldnt a good multi be first?

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2005, 10:34:59 AM »
if your doing whats benafital then its  muiti-vits. but if your doing the most effective then its whey and creatine or any other amio acids. i answer your question this way bc i read an interview hear about  some pros that dont even take vit. instead the save thaat money to buy gear..

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2005, 10:37:08 AM »
1...whey
2...glutamine
3...creatine
4...multi vit/min
5...eca

Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2005, 10:57:59 AM »
Shouldnt a good multi be first?
A good multi is important, but in a strictly bodybuilding sense, protein is more important.

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2005, 11:01:55 AM »
i think it should be
1 whey/cesin powder
2 creatine mon
3 vit pak
4 fish oil. (if you eat fish on a normal bases you dont need fish oil. and yes its better to get it from a really fish then a pill/liqid
5 any kind of sleep aid (if you have trouble sleeping like i do from time to time)

Carmello

• Getbig III
  • Believe it or not. Your choice.
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2005, 10:47:12 AM »
If you're able to get in your meals with adequate protein, I'd opt for the glutamine, but u gotta stay consistent with it. It will help in strength, recovery, immune function, and it will help u keep more muscle. I've been making the best progress since I started taking more Glutamine everyday, and adding it to my shakes. 20g split up all day. But Irontek Glutamine. I get 1200g for 40 bucks. Haven't found it online though.
CEA999

HickoryStick

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2005, 09:16:26 PM »
Where do you buy it?  GNC?

Carmello

• Getbig III
  • Believe it or not. Your choice.
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2005, 09:56:04 PM »
I get my glutamine from Westerly natural market in NYC. Glutaform I heard is good and cheap. Get it at bulknutrition.com
CEA999

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2005, 11:30:07 AM »
I'd say protein, but if you're a ectomorph (skinny dude) then a weightgainer would be your best bet.  This assumes you only had 1 supplement to go with.

In a cutting sense, if you could only buy 1 supplement (assuming protein was taken care of), I think BCAA's offer the most.  The only problem is expense, but if used correctly, they are amazing.

SupplementGuy

• Getbig III
  • I'm the kind of a person who's the type of dog...
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2005, 09:39:19 PM »
describe using BCAA's correctly please
SG ::)

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2005, 09:58:27 PM »
While strict dieting using 30g or so during a pre/during/post workout drink.  Drinking 1/3 each time.  If doing morning cardio on MT stomach, it would be perfect then.  If you had $$$, could add in a few grams of citrulline malate, glutamine and l-Carnitine

Ledd

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2005, 08:47:02 AM »
While strict dieting using 30g or so during a pre/during/post workout drink.  Drinking 1/3 each time.  If doing morning cardio on MT stomach, it would be perfect then.  If you had $$$, could add in a few grams of citrulline malate, glutamine and l-Carnitine

So you would suggest liquid form amino's, do the capsules take to long to digest or something?

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2005, 08:58:54 AM »
I'm talking about BCAA's.

You have two options really.  You can get the flavored version from Scivation, it is called XTEND.  It has Citrulline Malate and Glutamine in it as well.   You can also buy the raw form in bulk, it will be cheaper, but the stuff taste like ass.  It isn't cheap, but the stuff works.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2005, 11:14:46 AM »
If budget restrictions are problem I'd suggest only protein and vit/min tablet....virtually everything else is unnecessary - a lot of it acts as placebo in my opinion.    Remember, supplements are exactly what their name implies - they supplement regular/clean meals you don't have time for.  Given that, if you can eat regular meals you really don't need to invest in a protein supplement, but a good multi vit/min is good regardless of situation.

MOS

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2005, 11:36:23 AM »
I disagree on one point, that you won't need a protein supplement.  You have to realize it is cheaper to buy a protein supplement than a breast of chicken. In some cases, the powdered version is superior.  I still think food should be the majority of anyone's calories, but powders have their place.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2005, 11:48:30 AM »
I disagree on one point, that you won't need a protein supplement.  You have to realize it is cheaper to buy a protein supplement than a breast of chicken. In some cases, the powdered version is superior.  I still think food should be the majority of anyone's calories, but powders have their place.

NO ONE DISAGREES WITH ME!!!   >:( :D

MOS

Ledd

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2005, 03:01:27 PM »
I'm talking about BCAA's.

You have two options really.  You can get the flavored version from Scivation, it is called XTEND.  It has Citrulline Malate and Glutamine in it as well.   You can also buy the raw form in bulk, it will be cheaper, but the stuff taste like ass.  It isn't cheap, but the stuff works.

You're gonna have to forgive my ignorance, I realize you are talking about BCAA's but I have only seen the capsule's, never liquid.  So can I take the capsules at the same times for the same effect?