Author Topic: Reviews of Galeniko & No One's book (Include yours here)  (Read 20565 times)

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
Re: Reviews of Galeniko & No One's book (Include yours here)
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2013, 02:25:01 PM »
1000 cals a day  :o

Not read the book so can't really make a judgement, but if as the OP suggests the diet consists of sticking to 1000 cals a day with 150-200 grams from protein, does anyone really need a book to follow that? Surely a couple sentences would do!

Basically 600-800 cals coming from protein per day and the rest from fats/carbs, and is it really necessary to have no carb days on 1000 cal diet?, the weight would literally be falling off regardless of macro breakdown on a 1000 cals per day.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2013, 02:25:11 PM »
No one when was the first time you tried this diet?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2013, 02:25:49 PM »
There is no way I could do it.  I like to eat and have a few beers.  Being lean just isnt a priority anymore. 
Its not hard though.  2500 calories of whatever you want and no cardio will get you to single digits in time. 

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2013, 02:26:49 PM »
ya dude. 2lbs of bbqd boneless skinless breast and a few tsp of natty PB.

truthfully 1000cal doesn't seem like a lot. but as your stomach shrinks you'll find it will become difficult to eat 2lbs of chicken breast. lol

at the start the diet is tough. make no doubt about it. you w given your body food for 30+ years it didn't need or require so when you take it away it's not going to be happy. your trying to undo 30 years of overeating so the body has to 'learn' that it has to use it's fat stores for fuel as it will not be getting any more calories from food for fuel, only protein for repair of tissue. once it makes that *switch* you'll experience a marked decrease in appetite and a tremendous increase in energy.

you'll be AMAZED how little food your body actually requires esp for fuel when you already carry a massive fuel source to draw from (fat).

and to address the light weights comment. yesterday I benched 315 for 8 slow reps. I'm not a big bencher. that weight I haven touched since my big tren days.

FOOD INTAKE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH TRUE STRENGTH.
good info.

About the chicken breast, it is usually around 1 calorie per gram, so 2 lb is 900 calories. very feeling, lots of food and low calories.

ukjeff

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2013, 02:32:07 PM »
good info.

About the chicken breast, it is usually around 1 calorie per gram, so 2 lb is 900 calories. very feeling, lots of food and low calories.
Cooked or uncooked?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2013, 02:33:17 PM »
Cooked or uncooked?
obviously cooked

ukjeff

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2013, 02:35:00 PM »

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2013, 02:35:18 PM »
No one when was the first time you tried this diet?

I started eating like this ie one meal a day/ training fasted/ eating whatever I wanted prolly about a year and a half ago?

gal and I weren't always 'friends' we got off to a rocky start here :D

after that we started comparing notes on how we ate and found we shared a lot of the same ideas- once a day- training fasted- big refeed meals- low cal days etc

we kinda thru the course of time refined our ideas separately (I wasn't on GB for about 8 months) and when we re touched base found we were still dieting the same way but we had both refined it on our own. the book is an accumulation of our experience and the development of the system from exchanging pm's like 2 years ago till today.
b

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2013, 02:39:35 PM »
1000 cals a day  :o

Not read the book so can't really make a judgement, but if as the OP suggests the diet consists of sticking to 1000 cals a day with 150-200 grams from protein, does anyone really need a book to follow that? Surely a couple sentences would do!

Basically 600-800 cals coming from protein per day and the rest from fats/carbs, and is it really necessary to have no carb days on 1000 cal diet?, the weight would literally be falling off regardless of macro breakdown on a 1000 cals per day.

1000cal a day is just a small part of it. there are several small parts when combined that make it effective. if one of those is missing it's not as effective. the system is not just one part (1000cal) but the sum of many that makes it the fastest most effective method of fat loss ever created.  

any 'diet' will get you lean if you apply it.

this system does it better, faster.
b

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2013, 02:42:28 PM »
Gentlemen,

Keep the reviews and/or questions regarding their particular diet coming.

Constructive input is fine. Lets keep it positive though and not let prior personal issues derail the thread.

I am finding this discussion to be very helpful, as I am looking to once again diet in a structured fashion within the next few months and ALL input is highly appreciated.

Lets work towards demystifying the idea of complex dieting.

"1"

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2013, 02:43:17 PM »
1000cal a day is just a small part of it. there are several small parts when combined that make it effective. if one of those is missing it's not as effective. the system is not just one part (1000cal) but the sum of many that makes it the fastest most effective method of fat loss ever created.  

any 'diet' will get you lean if you apply it.

this system does it better, faster.
Not to mention, the book deals with everything involved with the feelings, moods and high's and lows and how to mentally cope with the rigors involved in your daily life.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2013, 02:44:55 PM »
Gentlemen,

Constructive input is fine. Lets keep it positive though and not let prior personal issues derail the thread.

I am finding this discussion to be very helpful, as I am looking to once again diet in a structured fashion within the next few months and ALL input is highly appreciated.

"1"
nice

ukjeff

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2013, 02:45:31 PM »
1300cal in 2lb chicken breast, right?

and peanut butter
Jeez you have a bad memory.

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2013, 02:46:27 PM »
Gentlemen,

"1"

yes!!!
b

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2013, 02:46:44 PM »
Its not hard though.  2500 calories of whatever you want and no cardio will get you to single digits in time. 

hahahaha

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2013, 02:46:49 PM »
nice

I need to.

I am 15 pounds over and being in my mid-40's doesn't help...  :(

"1"

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2013, 02:49:10 PM »
Gentlemen,

"1"

You want to look better?  Secret?

Eat less, move more.  Pretty simple.  Sadly most people can't do both at the same time without bitching.  Also turn off Food Network.  In your case, be the top more than the bottom.  Helps you burn more calories. 

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2013, 02:50:37 PM »
and peanut butter
Jeez you have a bad memory.
Peanut butter varies from 60 calories to 90 calories.

So at most 2 lb of chicken breast is 900 calories and even lower about 800 if it has sodium and boiled.

so boiled chicken 800 calories and 2 tbl spoon of Peanut Butter is 120 calories.

so that is a total of 920 calories.

Now let's go the other way, cooked chicken 900 calories and 2 tbls of high end calorie Peanut butter is 180 calories

so at most 1080 calories

CONCLUSION

920 CALORIES TO 1080 CALORIES

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2013, 02:52:03 PM »
I need to.

I am 15 pounds over and being in my mid-40's doesn't help...  :(

"1"

bro. commit to the system. I'm 42 in the best shape of my life. it's not the drugs it's not anything other than adapting to that system and applying it.

commit to it for 2 weeks. you'll be sold.
b

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2013, 02:52:52 PM »
You want to look better?  Secret?

Eat less, move more.  Pretty simple.  Sadly most people can't do both at the same time without bitching.  Also turn off Food Network.  In your case, be the top more than the bottom.  Helps you burn more calories. 

I work out 3-4 times a week (cardio, weight lifting & boxing/jiujitsu).

Sometimes, even with all that activity involved, it is not enough.

My diet is certainly not perfect, but it isn't bad either. Finding a good diet that can get the job done quick is always useful.

Plus, if you find a solid diet, that you're comfortable with and are able to do with relative ease, it can become a mainstay approach to daily living.

"1"

ukjeff

« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2013, 02:53:54 PM »

So at most 2 lb of chicken breast is 900 calories and even lower about 800 if it has sodium and boiled.

so boiled chicken 800 calories and 2 tbl spoon of Peanut Butter is 120 calories.

Now let's go the other way, cooked chicken 900 calories and 2 tbls of high end calorie Peanut butter is 180 calories

so at most 1080 calories

CONCLUSION

Who can stick to two spoons?    ;D

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2013, 02:54:27 PM »

so at most 1080 calories

CONCLUSION

great info

fuck bro. that gives me a great idea- we can use ukbeths trolling to help people with accurate information that will better themselves.

maybe he can serve a purpose after all. :)
b

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2013, 02:56:07 PM »
I work out 3-4 times a week (cardio, weight lifting & boxing/jiujitsu).

Sometimes, even with all that activity involved, it is not enough.

My diet is certainly not perfect, but it isn't bad either. Finding a good diet that can get the job done quick is always useful.

Plus, if you find a solid diet, that you're comfortable with and are able to do with relative ease, it can become a mainstay approach to daily living.

"1"
EXACTLY, people act like this is not an issue, the approach is everything. Mental stability and motivation is the bread and butter of a diet

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2013, 02:56:51 PM »
Who can stick to two spoons?    ;D
well that is whole other argument.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2013, 02:57:39 PM »
I started eating like this ie one meal a day/ training fasted/ eating whatever I wanted prolly about a year and a half ago?

gal and I weren't always 'friends' we got off to a rocky start here :D

after that we started comparing notes on how we ate and found we shared a lot of the same ideas- once a day- training fasted- big refeed meals- low cal days etc

we kinda thru the course of time refined our ideas separately (I wasn't on GB for about 8 months) and when we re touched base found we were still dieting the same way but we had both refined it on our own. the book is an accumulation of our experience and the development of the system from exchanging pm's like 2 years ago till today.

cool thanks,  just curious over how much experience you have over this kind of diet.