Author Topic: Fuck'n Hell America really is the bad guys  (Read 6978 times)

RRKore

• Getbig IV
Re: Fuck'n Hell America really is the bad guys
« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2013, 10:32:18 PM »
BTW, lest I be branded as USA-love-it-or-leave-it type, I think that the USA has trampled on the rights of those in many other countries many, many times.  (I'm surprised that that Mr.1derful did not mention anything about our shenanigans in South America.)
Just not so much during WW2 (with the shameful interment of Japanese-Americans being a notable exception).  In WW2, the Japanese and the genocidal Germans pretty much got what they deserved, imo.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
Re: Fuck'n Hell America really is the bad guys
« Reply #101 on: September 01, 2013, 12:53:38 AM »
This is the justification / propaganda commonly put out.  It's been said that Japan was trying to make contact to surrender, but the bombs were dropped anyway, as it was determined that they (U.S), needed to see the real world effects of the atomic bomb, which is why those cities were specifically selected.  Regardless, it was wrong, period. People forget that it was a civilian population that got bombed.   People would not condone it if it were their civilian population to get vaporized, but when it's another countries, it's ok.  Nationalism and patriotism makes a populace indifferent towards other cultures, which makes atrocities committed against those populations more palatable.  

It's ironic that history in many respects just keeps repeating itself, but people fail to see through the false veneer of righteousness that gets peddled, depending on who the perpetrators are.  Hitler and the Nazis are considered tyrants for invading Europe decades ago, but when the U.S invades countries and destroys them, as in the case of Iraq and Libya, it's about freedom and democracy.  It's incredulous that there is a large percentage of people out there that buy into such grade school level propaganda, but it doesn't help when the corporate media sells it so hard.  

Yes but nobody gives a fuck about these countries they invade. They're irrelevant.

The shit will start once Western nations turn on each other.