Author Topic: Now that I can train relatively hard after injury, surgery and  (Read 1221 times)

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
Physical therapy....I'm having trouble putting my weight back on, pre MVA I was 215 to 220 at 6' and change. I would guess BF at 12% or so...not 10 but not 15...

I'm now down to 195 to 200 at best...and still about 12 or so. Natural only, no PEDs......vitamins some supps mostly for joints etc. and eating at 2500 to 3000 cals per day....approx.

Is this normal post injury/recovery.....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Now that I can train relatively hard after injury, surgery and
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 10:16:33 PM »
force yourself to eat.  jog a bit 3-4 times a week and your body will CRAVE calories.  Add a little junk and lots of water.  avoid alcohol.

most of all, cut the caffeine crap.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Now that I can train relatively hard after injury, surgery and
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 10:53:03 PM »
Physical therapy....I'm having trouble putting my weight back on, pre MVA I was 215 to 220 at 6' and change. I would guess BF at 12% or so...not 10 but not 15...

I'm now down to 195 to 200 at best...and still about 12 or so. Natural only, no PEDs......vitamins some supps mostly for joints etc. and eating at 2500 to 3000 cals per day....approx.

Is this normal post injury/recovery.....

Everyone recovery experience is going to be different. Some of it depends on what you are recovering from which you didn't mention other than it included surgery and physical therapy.

I had surgery a little over a year ago. Following the surgery, I dropped about 10 lbs. Once I started working out regularly, I also started gaining back some of those lost pounds. Currently, I am around 207 lbs. and I am just under 5'11" tall. I am happy with this weight for now.

I wouldn't focus on what you weigh so much as where you are development wise. Better to weigh a little less and be in good shape then to have gained water or fat weight while recovering.

I am probably going to have a torn meniscus repaired soon. It is impeding my leg workouts to the point that they are almost none existent and the constant pain wearing me down. Hopefully, once I can work legs again, I will add back some weight since quads, hams and glutes are all big muscles loaded with potential for growth.