Author Topic: Sushi  (Read 6280 times)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
Sushi
« on: September 14, 2013, 05:09:51 PM »

I love these. I just ate 100 of them. What type of rolls do you like?

dustin

Re: Sushi
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 06:18:56 PM »
California rolls are one of the only ones I don't like!

For traditional rolls I like unagi rolls and anything with tuna. Sushi purists get sand in their vagina about fusion rolls or non-traditional ones, but I like big fancy rolls with chipotle sauce and all that jazz. But I usually get a fuckload of nigiri. Just salmon and tuna, nothing too fancy. I could eat sushi for the rest of my life and would die a happy man.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 06:21:49 PM »
California rolls are one of the only ones I don't like!

For traditional rolls I like unagi rolls and anything with tuna. Sushi purists get sand in their vagina about fusion rolls or non-traditional ones, but I like big fancy rolls with chipotle sauce and all that jazz. But I usually get a fuckload of nigiri. Just salmon and tuna, nothing too fancy. I could eat sushi for the rest of my life and would die a happy man.

Uni and quail egg.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 06:29:09 PM »
I do NOT trust Sushi from the USA.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 06:29:44 PM »
Salmon and Tuna Nigiri, and Sashimi 

dustin

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 06:30:49 PM »
Uni and quail egg.

Mmm... stuff like uni and tako can be a bit intimidating at first but I think everyone needs to dine in and try everything available. Now I'm really getting hungry lol

Where I live, a sliver of shitty sashimi costs a FEW dollars. Wish there were more sushi joints where I live. That's all I would ever eat.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 06:36:47 PM »
salmon nigiri.

perfect combo of protein carbs and fats ;)

SCRUBS

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 06:37:43 PM »
The only sushi I have had that I didn`t love was the rolls with the little red eggs in them. I could eat sushi, raw tuna and raw salmon every day.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 06:38:59 PM »
Beta food of peace

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2013, 06:40:20 PM »
I could eat sushi for the rest of my life and would die a happy man.

I don't know if I'd go that far, but eating a few pieces of nigiri tuna for dinner every night would be fine by me. It's surprisingly filling for something so light.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2013, 06:47:49 PM »
There's got to be a correlation between sushi and hot chicks! :D

Every hot girl loves sushi! Fact!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2013, 07:47:23 PM »
Musclecenter would not eat that shit.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2013, 07:50:05 PM »
 :D ;D

dustin

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2013, 07:58:01 PM »
Musclecenter would not eat that shit.

All bubble tea and front double thumbs.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2013, 07:58:29 PM »
All bubble tea and front double thumbs.
:D

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2013, 08:14:21 PM »
I love sashimi, pretty much everything except uni. That nasty shit looks like baby poo and tastes like mud with metallic after taste. Yuck! My faves are butter fish, salmon and tuna.

Sushi's good too. Soma maki rolls are good but I don't like them with too much rice. I don't really like fake/beginner stuff like california rolls.

Needless to say, the best sushi I've ever had was in Japan in a tiny joint near Tokyo in a town called Kamakura. Cheap as hell and I didn't even know some of the stuff I ate LOL. So fresh and tasty. Thinking to go there just for that restaurant next time I go to Japan, maybe next year.

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2013, 08:15:42 PM »

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2013, 08:24:55 PM »
14 piece chef's choice nigiri at my favorite sushi place in Carmel CA

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2013, 08:37:09 PM »
14 piece chef's choice nigiri at my favorite sushi place in Carmel CA

Looks amazing. Anything with eel is good.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2013, 08:47:30 PM »

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2013, 09:03:37 PM »
another thing i never eaten in my life, i dont like the crowd, the clientele here who go to sushi places, its considered posh, but only by the clowns who go there.

whats the big deal it looks like dry rice with raw fish and bit salmon with it,and some kind of wrapping.

it costs ridiculous amounts of money here,absurd prices, instead of eating for 2, can get sex with pretty decent hooker for same money here.

Everyone has that reaction initially. Time to open your mind, bro. My mouth waters when I think of sushi. Nothing fake about it, this shit is delicious.

usmcdevildoc

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2013, 09:17:07 PM »

I love these. I just ate 100 of them. What type of rolls do you like?

Marine--
Best sushi I ever had-- Genkai @ PCH/Blue Lantern, Dana Point. It is about 10 city blocks from Doc's beach place. 10 minutes from back gate CAMPEN. Let me know when you will be down. NO HOMO.

DOC
Lift, fuck, make money

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2013, 09:21:03 PM »

Marine--
Best sushi I ever had-- Genkai @ PCH/Blue Lantern, Dana Point. It is about 10 city blocks from Doc's beach place. 10 minutes from back gate CAMPEN. Let me know when you will be down. NO HOMO.

DOC
Lift, fuck, make money

Oh yeah? 

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2013, 09:22:35 PM »
another thing i never eaten in my life, i dont like the crowd, the clientele here who go to sushi places, its considered posh, but only by the clowns who go there.

whats the big deal it looks like dry rice with raw fish and bit salmon with it,and some kind of wrapping.

it costs ridiculous amounts of money here,absurd prices, instead of eating for 2, can get sex with pretty decent hooker for same money here.

lots of ideas surrounding sushi are absolutely ridiculous, and the prices reflect that, BUT there is something to it...

there is no other type of cuisine in which the same level of attention is given to the technique and ingredients.  the dishes are extremely simple, which allows the chefs to obsess over the quality of each ingredient and process.  the end result is very high quality, if simple, dishes.

btw the rice isn't dry, it's soaked in vinegar.

dustin

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2013, 09:28:00 PM »

I used to think the same way. Even being half Asian and growing up having Japanese exchange students my entire life, I didn't try sushi until about 6-7 years ago. Wow, it's amazing though. Some of the best things in life are very simple.

I definitely don't want to sound like a sushi snob, but there's a stark contrast between cold sushi that's been refrigerated at a corner store and freshly made sushi by a master chef or "Itamae". They actually spent years getting mentored (aka harassed) over how to properly prepare rice. It takes years to perfect the skill. And at first I brushed this off as some sort of pedantic bullshit, but I can notice the difference too having tried lots of different kinds and befriending itamaes. Temperature, cleaning the rice, how it's cooled and even how the vinegar is applied to the rice and evaporated makes a big difference.

I used to think it was all completely bullshit, but it's not and I was wrong the entire time. I don't have the greatest pallette yet and in the world of sushi I'd still consider myself a newb. And I've probably eaten enough to put a down payment on a house lol... not quite, but a fuckload. I can throw down sushi like there's no tomorrow.