Author Topic: Navy vet ID'd as shooter in DC attack that killed 12  (Read 5480 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Navy vet ID'd as shooter in DC attack that killed 12
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2013, 03:13:57 PM »
He said she was rooting for it to be a non-middle easterner.  

who is the "he" and the "she"

instead of more innuendo and you just post the video or even the transcript

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2013, 03:16:33 PM »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/09/17/Navy-Yard-Shooter-friend-Describes%20Alexis-as-liberal-Obama-fan

Another Obama voter on a rampage

Worthless animal

I doubt his political views contributed to the shooting, but the media would be frothing at the mouth if this guy was a conservative who voted for McCain, etc. 

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2013, 03:17:23 PM »
who is the "he" and the "she"

instead of more innuendo and you just post the video or even the transcript

Typing on phone.  He = Cenk Uygur.   What kind of person is more concerned about the ethnicity of the shooter than the victims

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/04/18/current_tv_hosts_hope_boston_marathon_bombers_are_white.html

Cenk Uygur, Brown University Professor Tricia Rose, Mediaite editor Noah Rothman, and “The War Room” host Michael Shure debate whether or not it’s okay Americans to hope the people who committed the Boston Marathon attacks are of a certain race, ethnicity or religious background.

“I have to be honest with myself,” Cenk says. “I was rooting for non-Middle Eastern.”

"Yeah, I was hoping for a white guy, because I know the way that American is reactionary, and has proven so in the past," Shure said. "The way that they go after [minorities]. You know, after 9/11 they were killing Sikh Indians in gas stations in Texas, or a Sikh Indian. And it was very difficult, the profiling that happened after that. So, yeah, I think it keeps the flames down."

"If it is a white American guy, I think that -- that's what I was rooting for and I'll confess to it too," Shure tried to explain.
A

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2013, 03:27:07 PM »
Typing on phone.  He = Cenk Uygur.   What kind of person is more concerned about the ethnicity of the shooter than the victims

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/04/18/current_tv_hosts_hope_boston_marathon_bombers_are_white.html

Cenk Uygur, Brown University Professor Tricia Rose, Mediaite editor Noah Rothman, and “The War Room” host Michael Shure debate whether or not it’s okay Americans to hope the people who committed the Boston Marathon attacks are of a certain race, ethnicity or religious background.

“I have to be honest with myself,” Cenk says. “I was rooting for non-Middle Eastern.”

"Yeah, I was hoping for a white guy, because I know the way that American is reactionary, and has proven so in the past," Shure said. "The way that they go after [minorities]. You know, after 9/11 they were killing Sikh Indians in gas stations in Texas, or a Sikh Indian. And it was very difficult, the profiling that happened after that. So, yeah, I think it keeps the flames down."

"If it is a white American guy, I think that -- that's what I was rooting for and I'll confess to it too," Shure tried to explain.

ok. I'm glad you posted this
certainly a poor choice of a topic to "debate" by Uygur and Shure but at least he (Uygur) explained his reasoning (whether it's acceptable or not) that after 9/11 that people lashed out at any race they thought looked "Arab" (I assume that's what he meant with the Sikh reference) and that in his mind if the bomber was a white guy it would be less (or no) additional violence by stupid people trying to take out their anger on innocent people

Not exactly a political correct statement but in context you can understand his rationale (and keep mind that Uygur is from Turkey) and he looks "suspicious" himself you can understand why he might have this feeling

This is not exactly the same as "the media" hoping it was a white guy just for the sake of hating on the white guy

btw - when is a guy on Current TV and now apparently doing an internet show from what appears to be his garage even part of "the media"

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2013, 05:23:31 PM »
Surprise surprise.

Obama, Feinstein reignite fight for gun control after Navy Yard shooting
By Ben Wolfgang
The Washington Times
Monday, September 16, 2013

Just hours after the deadly shooting rampage at the Washington Navy Yard, gun control advocates tried to reignite the national debate over gun laws that had only just subsided.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, California Democrat and a longtime gun control advocate, denounced “the litany of massacres” over the past few years and asked rhetorically, “When will enough be enough?”

Mrs. Feinstein, who was first thrust into the national spotlight as president of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors announcing the shooting deaths of Mayor George Moscone and Supervisor Harvey Milk, said, “Congress must stop shirking its responsibility and resume a thoughtful debate on gun violence in this country. We must do more to stop this endless loss of life.”

President Obama was one of the first to link Monday’s incident to the larger issue of gun violence and the legislative effort to curb it, though he did so without explicitly calling, as he has done repeatedly, for gun control measures.

“So we are confronting yet another mass shooting, and today it happened on a military installation in our nation’s capital,” Mr. Obama said as he opened an economic speech at the White House.

“Obviously, we’re going to be investigating thoroughly what happened, as we do so many of these shootings, sadly, that have happened, and do everything that we can to prevent them,” the president said.

The National Rifle Association had no comment on Monday, and pro-gun groups generally take the stance that days of particularly shocking crimes are not the time to discuss policy. Popular conservative blogger and former CNN commentator Erick Erickson admonished the rush to politicize the shooting, saying “seriously people, grow up.”

“I would not dare step in the way of America’s national pastime of bitching about the politics of everything on Twitter, but there has to be a better time for it than as the temperature of bodies on the ground in the Navy Yard are not even yet cold,” he said. “If you don’t have the judgment and good sense to understand that now is not the time to say it, you have no capacity to understand why.”

But Mr. Obama’s words were echoed by Dr. Janis Orlowski, chief medical officer at MedStar Washington Hospital Center, where three of the shooting victims were being treated.

At the end of a televised medical briefing on the survivors’ conditions, Dr. Orlowski contrasted trauma from accidental shootings and what she called “something evil in our society that we as Americans have to work to try and eradicate.”

“But there’s something wrong here when we have these multiple shootings. … There is something wrong, and the only thing that I can say is we have to work together to get rid of it. I would like you to put my trauma center out of business,” she said, her voice weakening from emotion. “We just cannot have, you know, one more shooting with, you know, so many people killed. We’ve got to figure this out. We’ve got to be able to help each other.”

At least 12 people were killed in Monday’s attack; an investigation by local, federal and military authorities is ongoing. The FBI on Monday afternoon identified the gunman as Aaron Alexis, who reportedly worked at the Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base in Fort Worth, Texas.

The 34-year-old was killed inside the Navy Yard facility, but not before inflicting the kind of carnage that immediately evoked memories of other recent mass shootings such as those in Newtown, Conn., and Aurora, Colo.

Mass shootings happen periodically, but the Newtown massacre, which claimed the lives of 20 elementary school children, seemed to be a last straw for Mr. Obama, some lawmakers and other high-profile gun control proponents such as New York City Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg.

In the aftermath of the December tragedy, the president immediately called on lawmakers to take action to reduce gun violence. The effort met stiff resistance from the National Rifle Association and other groups. Many congressional Republicans and red-state Democrats also opposed tight gun restrictions.

. . . .

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/sep/16/navy-yard-shooting-revives-gun-control-fight/#ixzz2fCPD69Bd

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2013, 05:40:10 PM »
Surprise surprise.

Obama, Feinstein reignite fight for gun control after Navy Yard shooting
By Ben Wolfgang
The Washington Times
Monday, September 16, 2013

Just hours after the deadly shooting rampage at the Washington Navy Yard, gun control advocates tried to reignite the national debate over gun laws that had only just subsided.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, California Democrat and a longtime gun control advocate, denounced “the litany of massacres” over the past few years and asked rhetorically, “When will enough be enough?”

Mrs. Feinstein, who was first thrust into the national spotlight as president of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors announcing the shooting deaths of Mayor George Moscone and Supervisor Harvey Milk, said, “Congress must stop shirking its responsibility and resume a thoughtful debate on gun violence in this country. We must do more to stop this endless loss of life.”

President Obama was one of the first to link Monday’s incident to the larger issue of gun violence and the legislative effort to curb it, though he did so without explicitly calling, as he has done repeatedly, for gun control measures.

“So we are confronting yet another mass shooting, and today it happened on a military installation in our nation’s capital,” Mr. Obama said as he opened an economic speech at the White House.

“Obviously, we’re going to be investigating thoroughly what happened, as we do so many of these shootings, sadly, that have happened, and do everything that we can to prevent them,” the president said.

The National Rifle Association had no comment on Monday, and pro-gun groups generally take the stance that days of particularly shocking crimes are not the time to discuss policy. Popular conservative blogger and former CNN commentator Erick Erickson admonished the rush to politicize the shooting, saying “seriously people, grow up.”

“I would not dare step in the way of America’s national pastime of bitching about the politics of everything on Twitter, but there has to be a better time for it than as the temperature of bodies on the ground in the Navy Yard are not even yet cold,” he said. “If you don’t have the judgment and good sense to understand that now is not the time to say it, you have no capacity to understand why.”

But Mr. Obama’s words were echoed by Dr. Janis Orlowski, chief medical officer at MedStar Washington Hospital Center, where three of the shooting victims were being treated.

At the end of a televised medical briefing on the survivors’ conditions, Dr. Orlowski contrasted trauma from accidental shootings and what she called “something evil in our society that we as Americans have to work to try and eradicate.”

“But there’s something wrong here when we have these multiple shootings. … There is something wrong, and the only thing that I can say is we have to work together to get rid of it. I would like you to put my trauma center out of business,” she said, her voice weakening from emotion. “We just cannot have, you know, one more shooting with, you know, so many people killed. We’ve got to figure this out. We’ve got to be able to help each other.”

At least 12 people were killed in Monday’s attack; an investigation by local, federal and military authorities is ongoing. The FBI on Monday afternoon identified the gunman as Aaron Alexis, who reportedly worked at the Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base in Fort Worth, Texas.

The 34-year-old was killed inside the Navy Yard facility, but not before inflicting the kind of carnage that immediately evoked memories of other recent mass shootings such as those in Newtown, Conn., and Aurora, Colo.

Mass shootings happen periodically, but the Newtown massacre, which claimed the lives of 20 elementary school children, seemed to be a last straw for Mr. Obama, some lawmakers and other high-profile gun control proponents such as New York City Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg.

In the aftermath of the December tragedy, the president immediately called on lawmakers to take action to reduce gun violence. The effort met stiff resistance from the National Rifle Association and other groups. Many congressional Republicans and red-state Democrats also opposed tight gun restrictions.

. . . .

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/sep/16/navy-yard-shooting-revives-gun-control-fight/#ixzz2fCPD69Bd

yeah this is the real tragedy

why dont these two understand that the shooter was just exercising his 2nd ammendment rights

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2013, 06:14:24 PM »
Yep, the 2nd amendment guarantees us the right to committ mass murder.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2013, 06:43:05 PM »
lol

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2013, 06:57:20 PM »

Obama and Feinstein are also exercising their First Amendment rights (something Bum himself has complained about not being able to do on other topics without being judged by others about it)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2013, 07:00:33 PM »

the Torette's is really acting up today isn't it

you still can't explain how you blame Clinton for this

how about you give it a shot

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2013, 07:47:55 AM »
Strawman are you really going to deny that the MSM has an extreme liberal bias?
Also, you said we were being 'paranoid' for assuming this would make them push for gun control again..well they have already started. I have seen at least 15 articles in the MSM yesterday alone on the topic of gun control, as well as quotes from the usual suspects advocating their usual stupid shit.
You are a fool and living in denial in your msnbc liberal fantasy bubble

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2013, 08:25:58 AM »
Strawman are you really going to deny that the MSM has an extreme liberal bias?
Also, you said we were being 'paranoid' for assuming this would make them push for gun control again..well they have already started. I have seen at least 15 articles in the MSM yesterday alone on the topic of gun control, as well as quotes from the usual suspects advocating their usual stupid shit.
You are a fool and living in denial in your msnbc liberal fantasy bubble

I won't deny that this board is an extreme right wing echo chamber where conservative views are labled liberal and moderate progressive views are considered extremely liberal.   I also know that a super majority of the country support reasonable gun legislation and yet a handful of paranoid nuts manage to scare the crap out of a handful of senators.    I assume you believe it was unfair that the DC shooter was denied when he tried to buy an AR-15 as has been reported in the extreme liberal media.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2013, 09:11:34 AM »

He is an Obama worshipping progressive cultist who will do A N Y T H I N G to deflect and defend this horrid admn and the causes of the left - facts be damned

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2013, 09:25:11 AM »
I won't deny that this board is an extreme right wing echo chamber where conservative views are labled liberal and moderate progressive views are considered extremely liberal.   I also know that a super majority of the country support reasonable gun legislation and yet a handful of paranoid nuts manage to scare the crap out of a handful of senators.    I assume you believe it was unfair that the DC shooter was denied when he tried to buy an AR-15 as has been reported in the extreme liberal media.   
This 'super majority' you speak of is a fabrication. Otherwise it would have passed. No matter how much you want to believe in your little heart that the oposition is just a handful of ragtag crazy militia men hiding in the hills somewhere, who have somehow enough power to defy the 'supermajority' of americans, that simply isn't true. The truth is that there are over 80million american gun owners and most of them are just regular people. And these millions of regular americans were the ones who spoke out and got this shit canceled. Sorry if that doesn't fit your liberal fantasy version of things.
Oh and if the guy had prior criminal record and history of mental issues, then he def should NOT be able to buy any firearm. There are already such laws on the books. He also should not have had clearance to the base. These are the kind of already existing laws that need to be enforced

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Navy vet ID'd as shooter in DC attack that killed 12
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2013, 09:27:18 AM »

He is an Obama worshipping progressive cultist who will do A N Y T H I N G to deflect and defend this horrid admn and the causes of the left - facts be damned

no one said he "worshiped" Obama

don't you realize you actually have more in common with the shooter than any Obama voter

you're both clearly mentally ill

the only difference at this point is that the voices in his head told him to go shoot up a Navy yard and so far the voices in your head have only told you to devote your entire life to posting complete and utter horseshit on this board

and before you try to claim you're not mentally ill I give you this totally sane post

Obama voters are murderers

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2013, 09:30:27 AM »
This 'super majority' you speak of is a fabrication. Otherwise it would have passed. No matter how much you want to believe in your little heart that the oposition is just a handful of ragtag crazy militia men hiding in the hills somewhere, who have somehow enough power to defy the 'supermajority' of americans, that simply isn't true. The truth is that there are over 80million american gun owners and most of them are just regular people. And these millions of regular americans were the ones who spoke out and got this shit canceled. Sorry if that doesn't fit your liberal fantasy version of things.
Oh and if the guy had prior criminal record and history of mental issues, then he def should NOT be able to buy any firearm. There are already such laws on the books. He also should not have had clearance to the base. These are the kind of already existing laws that need to be enforced

I've posted it many times before and in fact I think I've posted it in response to your claim above just recently

you made some similar claim as above and then after I showed the multiple sources for my claim you failed to show any for yours

btw - I never said it was ragtag militia men hiding in the hills.   Why are just adding that out of thin air and pretending it's what I said

Are you upset that the shooter was denied when he tried to buy an AR15

Does that bother you?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2013, 09:35:01 AM »
I've posted it many times before and in fact I think I've posted it in response to your claim above just recently

you made some similar claim as above and then after I showed the multiple sources for my claim you failed to show any for yours

btw - I never said it was ragtag militia men hiding in the hills.   Why are just adding that out of thin air and pretending it's what I said

Does that bother you?

Idiot - this is another case of Affirmative action and PC run amok.  This ghetto thug Obama voting creep was protected , like O-TWINK - due solely cause of his race and now people are dead

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2013, 09:43:31 AM »
Idiot - this is another case of Affirmative action and PC run amok.  This ghetto thug Obama voting creep was protected , like O-TWINK - due solely cause of his race and now people are dead

this is what you believe and you're posting this in defense to my assertion that you are mentally ill

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2013, 09:47:29 AM »
this is what you believe and you're posting this in defense to my assertion that you are mentally ill

Everyone knew this Obama supporting animal was a danger to society. 

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2013, 09:56:13 AM »

Does that bother you?

Your words were ' a handful of paranoid nuts'.

And fuck no it doesn't bother me, why would it? This is exactly the type of person that SHOULD be denied weapons. You are an idiot and really reaching deep by insinuating that our side would be 'upset' that these people would be denied gun purchases.

And like I said, if your little lib fantasy 'supermajority' really existed, then why didn't the legislation pass??

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2013, 10:58:01 AM »
Your words were ' a handful of paranoid nuts'.

And fuck no it doesn't bother me, why would it? This is exactly the type of person that SHOULD be denied weapons. You are an idiot and really reaching deep by insinuating that our side would be 'upset' that these people would be denied gun purchases.

And like I said, if your little lib fantasy 'supermajority' really existed, then why didn't the legislation pass??

I didn't insinuate anything

I ASKED YOU A QUESTION for the purpose of testing just how crazy you are

We've had this conversation before don't you remember.

The last time you made a bullshit claim you were unable to provide anything to back it up so why should I waste more of my time with you?

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=489043.0

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2013, 11:10:59 AM »
I didn't insinuate anything

I ASKED YOU A QUESTION for the purpose of testing just how crazy you are

We've had this conversation before don't you remember.

The last time you made a bullshit claim you were unable to provide anything to back it up so why should I waste more of my time with you?

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=489043.0

Why didn't it pass? If it had 'supermajority', 99% of public, and 'over 70% of NRA members support, as you claim... ( ::))...then why didn't it pass??

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2013, 11:16:35 AM »
Why didn't it pass? If it had 'supermajority', 99% of public, and 'over 70% of NRA members support, as you claim... ( ::))...then why didn't it pass??

super majority is not 99% and you know exactly why it didn't pass, because a handful of Senators are beholden to gun manufactures and scared of a small of very vocal gun nuts and also scared of the NRA ( a group whose primary objective is to increase gun sales at the expense of everything else)

you get no more of my time today

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2013, 11:26:57 AM »
super majority is not 99% and you know exactly why it didn't pass, because a handful of Senators are beholden to gun manufactures and scared of a small of very vocal gun nuts and also scared of the NRA ( a group whose primary objective is to increase gun sales at the expense of everything else)

you get no more of my time today

Obama is a failure and get anything done - accept it

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2013, 11:27:50 AM »
Obama is a failure and get anything done - accept it

you truly have serious mental health issues - accept it