Author Topic: Michael Jordan says he’d beat LeBron James in one-on-one  (Read 15583 times)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
Re: Michael Jordan says he’d beat LeBron James in one-on-one
« Reply #125 on: October 04, 2013, 09:00:54 AM »
His speed and quickness has never been seen before at his size but don't confuse that with being quicker and faster than guys like Jordan and Iverson, who are quicker as they weigh much less.Difference with Lebron is with that speed and quickness is the weight and strength so he's like a freight train.

So what? is this a quickness contest ?   Lebron is fast and huge. yes Jordan at two inches shorter and 40 pounds lighter was a little quicker. there are many ways to put the ball in the hole. how is one way "BETTER" than the other ?  Tim Duncan can't jump 8 inches, one of the best players of all time.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #126 on: October 04, 2013, 09:04:24 AM »
the most competitive wins

jordan

kobe

the rest

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #127 on: October 04, 2013, 11:53:48 AM »
Who's that little guy trying to go past Kareem?

looks like calvin murthy one of the toughest guys in the nba. he would have kicked kareem ass in a fight. 5 ft 9 or so and he could dunk easily.
F

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: October 04, 2013, 11:55:21 AM »
looks like calvin murthy one of the toughest guys in the nba. he would have kicked kareem ass in a fight. 5 ft 9 or so and he could dunk easily.

Not sure if this is a joke but that's Jordan

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #129 on: October 04, 2013, 12:02:27 PM »
I LOL'd  ;D

Rome

• Getbig IV
  • Pics or GTFO!
« Reply #130 on: October 04, 2013, 03:46:41 PM »
Seems like a lot of playoffs only NBA watchers.
I watch the whole season as I did when Jordan played.The only way MJ could beat LJ would be if the game were officiated extremely tightly and Lebron's shot was off!
LJ is too big, strong AND has a good jumpshot.  Folks forget how much losing Jordan did BEFORE Mr Pippen came on board.
Mike won a grand total of zero titles without #33. Greatest player of all time? Probably.

Unbeatable? History says otherwise.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: October 04, 2013, 06:21:54 PM »
Seems like a lot of playoffs only NBA watchers.
I watch the whole season as I did when Jordan played.The only way MJ could beat LJ would be if the game were officiated extremely tightly and Lebron's shot was off!
LJ is too big, strong AND has a good jumpshot.  Folks forget how much losing Jordan did BEFORE Mr Pippen came on board.
Mike won a grand total of zero titles without #33. Greatest player of all time? Probably.

Unbeatable? History says otherwise.

Jordan had a higher regular season winning percentage than Lebron after both had been in the league 10 years, hope this helps.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #132 on: October 05, 2013, 01:54:43 AM »
JORDAN > kobe

Lebron will out play jordan. jordan will have refs on team

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #133 on: October 08, 2013, 05:30:10 PM »
I think Sev is the only other guy in this thread with any game and I think we both agree MJ prime busts Lebron's ass. 

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: October 08, 2013, 05:36:37 PM »
Jordan had a higher regular season winning percentage than Lebron after both had been in the league 10 years, hope this helps.

And Lebron switched teams 3 years ago and has brought 2 different teams to the finals. Something Jordan never dreamed of doing

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: October 08, 2013, 06:08:37 PM »
And Lebron switched teams 3 years ago and has brought 2 different teams to the finals. Something Jordan never dreamed of doing

True MJ never bailed on his team.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: October 08, 2013, 06:10:59 PM »
True MJ never bailed on his team.

Because he was gay

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: October 08, 2013, 06:12:05 PM »
Because he was gay

Lol.  Are you a bittered Pistons fan?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: October 08, 2013, 06:15:02 PM »
Lol.  Are you a bittered Pistons fan?

No trolling  ;D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: October 08, 2013, 06:19:00 PM »

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #140 on: October 09, 2013, 04:19:36 AM »
Interesting factoid:

Jordan really only played 11 full seasons in the NBA.  He missed almost all of his second year with a broken foot, had the baseball thing where he missed the lion's share of two years, and the seasons with the Wizards when he was pushing 40 don't count.

This season will be LeBron's 11th season in the NBA.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #141 on: October 09, 2013, 04:48:07 AM »
Comparing their "legacy", well, Lebron is only halfway done. 

if you were able to have either player for 15 years, and you had to build a team around ONE, it's hard to choose against the bigger player, LBJ.

This isn't as easy as just comparing BBers (Ronnie beat Dorian in all categories, as well know).  Comparing players at different positions in different eras when one is only halfway done is tough.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #142 on: October 09, 2013, 05:31:22 AM »

if you were able to have either player for 15 years, and you had to build a team around ONE, it's hard to choose against the bigger player, LBJ.

This isn't as easy as just comparing BBers (Ronnie beat Dorian in all categories, as well know).  Comparing players at different positions in different eras when one is only halfway done is tough.
I agree 100%, wait till Lebron's career is over then you can compare for the next 50 years! You can throw Kobe in there too!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: October 09, 2013, 11:58:40 AM »

Lebron isnt going to play 22 years. Is you on crack?

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #144 on: November 22, 2013, 08:09:33 PM »
I was in 7th or 8th grade watching Jordan murder my beloved Cavs every single night during the playoffs, although we did take it to 7 games when I was in 8th grade.  My dad says it was fixed for drama and so they'd all get another game paycheck :)

I believe if Jordan was playing today, he woudln't get the calls he got then.

He would get winged or dinged of any kind of contact, and he'd be on the line.  I'd love to see how many PPG he got from the stripe.  Yes, he was awesome and amazing, and yes, lebron is an underachieving entitled idiot... but LeBron doesn't get those calls when he gets mugged.  nobody does anymore.  Call it the youtube result, the donaghey effect, whatever.  They call shit more consistently now.  Mega stars don't get all those calls like they used to.

Lebron is the man. I truly believe he could play in the NFL with a bit of work and do very well. incredibly well...how many guys have his height and explosiveness? hes a fucking freak of nature
l

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: November 22, 2013, 10:49:00 PM »
lebron will be much more respected when his retired.because we get to watch the games in full on livestream, TV, etc you see him miss shots and lose the ball and lose the game winning shot. Jordan had the same issues, but MOST jordan videos are highlights of him being outstanding, lets not forget that dunk on Ewing after shaking off starks and Oakley then the game winners, the 3's against portland, the putback dunk after pippens missed free throw, they never show reggie miller hitting 3's in face.

when you watched a whole game of Jordan, he was a volume shooter, he missed heaps, his jumpshot is better then lebrons. the fact is lebron needs 6 rings to be truly jordanesque.

I dont know why people compare kobe with MJ, kobe bryant is overrated thanks to the team he plays for, his a superstar and could take on any superstar player and beat them, but he is a mistake waiting to happen.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #146 on: November 22, 2013, 11:22:17 PM »

Something Jordan never did.  Ring chasing.  Leaving his team to join another superstar's team.  Having 3 first option, starting allstar players in the prime of their careers on one team.  I guess if you can't beat them, join them.  lol.  Jordan and Kobe had other guys come to their team to win.  Reverse ring chasing.

I think Lebron is an awesome talent, I'm a Lebron fan.  He's physically dominant like Shaq or Wilt.  But Lebron isn't in Jordan or Kobe's league.  The dude has had a tendency to go comatose in big games for his whole career.  Last year they were dead in the water in game 6.  Lebron had played like shit most of the finals and he looked like a deer in headlights.  Ray Allen saved his ass with one miracle shot.  That game was over, they had lost.  One shot, that he had nothing to do with, saved his entire legacy.  Now all of a sudden niqqas act like he's better than Jordan. Nonsense.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: November 23, 2013, 01:19:20 AM »
It means a lot if people are comparing lebron to Jordan, Jordan will always win the vote.

Jordan was way cooler, I know it was a different era, but lebron wearing glasses with no lenses and riding a bike to the game

Really, the difference is Jordan wasn't a happy go lucky guy, he punched teammates and abused them, lebron will never do that. Its not killer instinct, Jordan is just more fiery and about winning winning winning, lebron wants to win but Jordan seemed obsessed with it..

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #148 on: November 23, 2013, 08:07:33 AM »
Put this discussion on hold, and wait till Lebron leads the Heat to a threepeat! Then continue again at the end of June!

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #149 on: November 23, 2013, 08:10:21 AM »
Pacers will win this year