Author Topic: Very Sad for Bodybuilding  (Read 6298 times)

Pecs n Muscle

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
Very Sad for Bodybuilding
« on: January 11, 2006, 08:51:21 AM »
I do not know for a fact that they are innocent or guilty, nor do I chose to comment on my personal  opinion of the findings....but I do know that its very sad that the BB industry has chosen to turn into a "lynch mob" of sorts.  I, myself have a passion for this sport, and am very saddened that people cannot come together and  TRY to make BB look BETTER after all this, rather act like complete and total morons.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: Very Sad
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 09:00:52 AM »
In effect you've provided opinions after criticizing others for same.

Secondly, you have no idea whether people will try to make bodybuilding better after this-we're barely through the initial stages! If "healing's" gonna happen, it will be later, not in the early stages, not now. You're projecting your own pessimism too early on without knowing what will happen.

You claim to be disturbed by the negativity of others, yet all you've done is criticize as well as resort to cheezy name-calling. ::)

Pecs n Muscle

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 09:09:49 AM »
In effect you've provided opinions after criticizing others for same.

Secondly, you have no idea whether people will try to make bodybuilding better after this-we're barely through the initial stages! If "healing's" gonna happen, it will be later, not in the early stages, not now. You're projecting your own pessimism too early on without knowing what will happen.

You claim to be disturbed by the negativity of others, yet all you've done is criticize as well as resort to cheezy name-calling. ::)

Very interesting the way you have interpreted my statement.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 10:25:46 AM »
I do not know for a fact that they are innocent or guilty, nor do I chose to comment on my personal  opinion of the findings....but I do know that its very sad that the BB industry has chosen to turn into a "lynch mob" of sorts.  I, myself have a passion for this sport, and am very saddened that people cannot come together and  TRY to make BB look BETTER after all this, rather act like complete and total morons.

Yea, why can't all the pros and fans come together and support these two scumbag murderers/drug addicts.  We need to make it better by supporting them and realizing that sometimes you just have to choke someone out and burn them.  Then try to runaway to a foreign country.  Lets unite!

By the way how doyou make a disgusting murder by two top professionals look better.  Should everyone just ignore it.

Pecs n Muscle

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
Re: Very Sad for Bodybuilding
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 10:37:45 AM »
Ure a pathetic loser, its apparent.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2006, 08:11:15 AM »
We're talking about Craig Titus, hence it's very sad for bellybuilding.

Crusher

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2006, 08:42:21 AM »
This has nothing to do with bodybuilding.  If Craig were a plumber would this make plumbing look bad?  Craig WAS a bodybuilder sometime before he allegedly murdered someone. 

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2006, 01:29:28 PM »
This has nothing to do with bodybuilding.  If Craig were a plumber would this make plumbing look bad?  Craig WAS a bodybuilder sometime before he allegedly murdered someone. 

Yes it would make plumbers look bad.  Ure a pathetic loser, its apparent.

Saskbb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2006, 03:56:15 PM »
Look at the facts,

1. Texas Holden pokers gets more TV time than Bodybuilding
2.  Shit this Titus/Ryan has just added by 10 fold our sports TV coverage ( i agree very sad)
3. The Pro level is run by a handfull # of people who want to milk the pros for their mags. and don't give a shit about the pro's.
4.  A top Canadian Football Player (CFL) makes more than most IFBB pro's

When did it all go to shit, and what need to get done get our sport out of the darkages?

Sask!

PS  A quote that may fit this whole Titus thing.  "You pay peanuts you get monkey's"  and Titus has an IQ of most money's.

Crusher

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2006, 04:59:54 PM »

Yes it would make plumbers look bad.  Ure a pathetic loser, its apparent.

What's apparent is that you never made it into adulthood.  But you're still working on it!  Either that or you just didn't get enough hugs when you were a child.  Either way, this whole hateful arena in which you thrive is what is pathetic.    Dick..... oh... wait.... it's Only You....  Total waste of ones and zeros.

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2006, 07:28:51 PM »
All I know is, that ppl want to heap shit on bodybuilders, full stop. As a female I am not huge, but I work hard at being ripped and the gormless comments I get from some folk really bother me at times.

It's obvious the guys running the sport dont give a shit about the body builders aside from magazine selling cliches. They make their money, they dont seem to care, beyond that. This situation will need fixing one day, and my hats off to Lee Priest for calling them out on it and making waves as one guy in a sea of others who just let the status quo rest as it is. But this is another issue.

The promoters are saying nothing, big surprise. So its up to the body builders themselves to be professional about it. Its you guys on the spot right there. Look what a desire to explain something and help someone out got lonnie teper? They filmed it and made it look like they wanted it to look.

Do us proud instead of doing us in.

Either way, it wont put me off bodybuilding. I will still go to the shows here in oz, and international ones the next time I travel.

nuff said
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

Billy Rosewood

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Love is a Force of Nature
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2006, 08:03:25 PM »
Bodybuilding is to professional sports what the Yugo is to the automobile industry. 
Rusty Owns Chick's Soul

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2006, 09:15:30 PM »
Very Sad for Bodybuilding?  ???

You gotta be kidding me!

How about:

Very Sad Unbelievably Frikkin Tragic for the James family!!

Come on people, get a little perspective here.  ::)  Sheesh!
w

shockandawe

• Getbig II
  • Tiny dogs are like tiny food - just more fun
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2006, 11:00:54 AM »
<<We're talking about Craig Titus, hence it's very sad for bellybuilding>>

Ohhhh...sh*t.  ;)

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2006, 07:01:43 PM »

This sport has been very sad since 1998, when Ronnie won
I am a mini beast

Jay Em

• Getbig II
  • The iron bug may rust... but will never die!
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2006, 08:06:24 PM »
Common sense and decency don't always rule, as reflected through some of
these comments (nothing personal). If some of our mores and values don't rise up, I'm afraid as a culture and society we will sink even further down past the frost line and into the abyss. This extension most definately includes bodybuilding, as sporty-art or arty-sport.

ONLYME'S (earlier) remarks may be deadpan, but they are also dead-on!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2006, 06:15:30 AM »
Common sense and decency don't always rule, as reflected through some of
these comments (nothing personal). If some of our mores and values don't rise up, I'm afraid as a culture and society we will sink even further down past the frost line and into the abyss. This extension most definately includes bodybuilding, as sporty-art or arty-sport.

ONLYME'S (earlier) remarks may be deadpan, but they are also dead-on!

oh lord  another decline in morals ?  how low can it go?  maybe we need the religious to run this country finally.

Jay Em

• Getbig II
  • The iron bug may rust... but will never die!
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2006, 01:12:54 PM »
Yea, biGD, that's a thought shared by many. But I certainly wouldn't consider my-
self "religious", per se, maybe spiritual...and that's not a claim, just a humble
hope.

I never even used the word religious...you did. And a person doesn't have to be
"religious", to have mores, decency and values.

Pun aside, I guess I can see where you got your handle.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2006, 02:59:38 PM »

If Titus were a plumber, his profession wouldn't have been front and center as it is now. He would've been just another guy in a love triangle who killed someone. Very few people are pro-bbers, whereas plumbing is a basic trade.

That said, IMO, the image of pro-bbing won't be adversely affected by this tragedy, simply because the image can't get any worse.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2006, 07:02:38 AM »
If OJ was found innocent, Craig will be as well....