Author Topic: Bouncer uses MMA slam to deal with drunk  (Read 15052 times)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
Re: Bouncer uses MMA slam to deal with drunk
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2013, 08:18:04 PM »
 You know what I'm saying the force isn't on par to the fight dude had the long term advantage.

When someone is trying to punch me in the face as hard as they can, and hurt me...being "cool about it" goes out the window.  I'll kill you if I could get away with it

That being said...that bouncer is probably in trouble. Guy was in the street and did not pose any sort of threat.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2013, 08:19:25 PM »
H0W D0 Y0U KN0W IT'S SELF DEFENSE AND THE B0UNCER DID N0T GET 0UT 0F HAND BEF0RE? 0H THAT'S RIGHT THE Y0U D0N'T. BECAUSE THE VID D0SEN'T SH0W IT. A L0T 0F B0UNCERS START THE FIGHT. I'D L0VE T0 SEE THE B0UNCER TRY T0 LIFT ME UP LIKE THAT. N0T 0NLY WILL I BREAK HIS JAW IN THE PR0CESS, BUT IF HE WANTS T0 G0 WRESTLE WITH ME I'LL TAKE HIM D0WN IN 5 SEC0NDS AND CH0KE HIS FUCKING ASS 0UT.

I only have the vid to go by and you can see them square off at the beginning. So if you were the bouncer and a guy squared in front of you you would not fight? You never wait for the other guy to strike first.

It's all supposition until we obtain more facts.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2013, 08:20:23 PM »
When someone is trying to punch me in the face as hard as they can, and hurt me...being "cool about it" goes out the window.  I'll kill you if I could get away with it

Exactly!

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2013, 08:44:03 PM »
MMA slam? He curled him and threw him. Pure power. No MMA there. Lesson learned: If you don't know how to fight, don't get into fights.

C-BuZz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2013, 09:40:42 PM »
I only have the vid to go by and you can see them square off at the beginning. So if you were the bouncer and a guy squared in front of you you would not fight? You never wait for the other guy to strike first.

It's all supposition until we obtain more facts.

No you wouldn't. ESPECIALLY if your an on duty security guard who knows exactly how to defuse a situation like that within seconds. Security guard wanted to bang no doubt about it & he's going to pay the price for it.

The ONLY time you start banging is when your directly in harms way, which the security guard was not. Not even close.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2013, 09:52:48 PM »
should have been over 30 seconds earlier, moments after they clinched he should have had him on the ground

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2013, 09:57:36 PM »
I've never understood these retards who argue with the bouncers.  You've been kicked out, get over it, and go away.  You really think arguing with him is going to change his mind?  I used to manage pubs/clubs, and it was the same thing every week. 

This tool obviously deserved a slap, but the bouncer didn't need to get involved here.  He's provoking the situation at the start of this vid, when he should have stayed on his door and let the police deal with this idiot. 

Now if the tool did swing first, then it's a little different, but a quick slap to put him on the ground would suffice.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2013, 09:59:19 PM »
The guy was throwing punches at the bouncer and his actions were clear self defense.  Juries don't sympathize with morons so good luck to him suing.

Wrong, but I won't get into it tonight. The bouncer is going to pay and the club is going to pay, period.

Jury trials??? Less than 10% of cases go to trial.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2013, 10:04:18 PM »
I've never understood these retards who argue with the bouncers.  You've been kicked out, get over it, and go away.  You really think arguing with him is going to change his mind?  I used to manage pubs/clubs, and it was the same thing every week. 

This tool obviously deserved a slap, but the bouncer didn't need to get involved here.  He's provoking the situation at the start of this vid, when he should have stayed on his door and let the police deal with this idiot. 

Now if the tool did swing first, then it's a little different, but a quick slap to put him on the ground would suffice.

This.  I ran security myself.  I would have fired him for being a dumb cowboy. The moment someone is off the premises they aren't our problem anymore. A good doorman..and a good bouncer..never fight and people like them.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2013, 10:06:37 PM »
A good doorman.. and a good bouncer... never fight, and people like them.

^

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2013, 10:08:05 PM »
No you wouldn't. ESPECIALLY if your an on duty security guard who knows exactly how to defuse a situation like that within seconds. Security guard wanted to bang no doubt about it & he's going to pay the price for it.

The ONLY time you start banging is when your directly in harms way, which the security guard was not. Not even close.

Pretty much sums it up. All one needs to do is look into torts law and agency law and know that this guy and club are fucked.
You want to run a club; hire a bouncer that doesn't have aggressive tendencies knows how to diffuse situtations and handle things in a professional cool manner while safeguarding patrons and club property. Self-defense, yeah that doesn't include body slams. This is why clubs hire police or other uniformed officers now. Yada yada

Clubs like this pay out the ass all the time for hiring thug bouncers, then their tempers get the best of them.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2013, 10:10:30 PM »
hands considered weapons under the law because youre trained? Ive never heard of such ridiculousosity. Is that like registering you hands as lethal weapons when you become a 300lb, lt col army/navy SEAL/green beret german shepherd spine-snapping ninja witch?

:D :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2111617/Fernando-Rodrigues-jailed-Judge-rules-martial-arts-fighters-hands-feet-deadly-weapons.html
X

basil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2013, 10:12:38 PM »
Why is the doorman by himself?  What kind of joint would leave security staff work alone?  Bush league. 

Mitch

• Getbig V
  • Team Succulent Ham of Peace
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2013, 11:59:27 PM »
Why is the doorman by himself?  What kind of joint would leave security staff work alone?  Bush league. 
My thought exactly. But entertaining video nonetheless.

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2013, 01:52:35 AM »
I worked bouncer for years.

3 seconds into this video I knew this bouncer was going to spend time in prison. He's in a lot of trouble.

Bouncers I worked with got charged and spent time in the slammer for shoving guys against walls.

This bouncer clearly started the fight. Even if he didn't start the fight (in this case, he started it), he's still fucked. Lots of time in prison. Kiss that bouncer career goodbye. The owner of that club is also fucked. This is the kind of stuff that gets clubs shut down for good. City won't even review.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2013, 01:57:23 AM »
H0W D0 Y0U KN0W IT'S SELF DEFENSE AND THE B0UNCER DID N0T GET 0UT 0F HAND BEF0RE? 0H THAT'S RIGHT THE Y0U D0N'T. BECAUSE THE VID D0SEN'T SH0W IT. A L0T 0F B0UNCERS START THE FIGHT. I'D L0VE T0 SEE THE B0UNCER TRY T0 LIFT ME UP LIKE THAT. N0T 0NLY WILL I BREAK HIS JAW IN THE PR0CESS, BUT IF HE WANTS T0 G0 WRESTLE WITH ME I'LL TAKE HIM D0WN IN 5 SEC0NDS AND CH0KE HIS FUCKING ASS 0UT.

Oh my god you must be quite the warrior!   :o

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2013, 02:00:24 AM »
And what if hes a better wrestler than you?Or is that not possible as you are the greatest wrestler that ever lived!  ::)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2013, 02:08:21 AM »
This.  I ran security myself.  I would have fired him for being a dumb cowboy. The moment someone is off the premises they aren't our problem anymore. A good doorman..and a good bouncer..never fight and people like them.

x2

3 seconds into this video I knew this bouncer was going to spend time in prison. He's in a lot of trouble.

Bouncers I worked with got charged and spent time in the slammer for shoving guys against walls.

This bouncer clearly started the fight. Even if he didn't start the fight (in this case, he started it), he's still fucked. Lots of time in prison. Kiss that bouncer career goodbye. The owner of that club is also fucked. This is the kind of stuff that gets clubs shut down for good. City won't even review.

bang on... i had to go to court twice and that was in the days of witnesses... smartphones have changed the security and law enforcement rules of engagement substantially... if you're going to beat someone you need to do it in private

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2013, 02:08:37 AM »
bouncer is an idiot, was struggling to get the upper hand against a kid weighing half his weight, so ended up having to resort to something drastic to save face. hope he gets locked up.

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2013, 02:10:37 AM »

Spoken for truth - the bouncer just needed to go back inside the club. Once you take it on the street you are in big trouble. Outside the club the patron is somebody else's problem.

Jail time for the bouncer

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2013, 02:55:41 AM »
Then we'll see how bad he is "IN DA JOINT"

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2013, 03:39:27 AM »
i always tell my guys you can never be seen as the aggressor

charging someone stood on the street is indefensible

if they play that video in court the guy will do time
T

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2013, 03:46:35 AM »

It is the bouncers job to keep cool when someone verbally confronts them.  This bouncer did not, threw the first punches, and clearly went after the drunk dude on the sidewalk.  No self defense at all.  The bouncer just lost it.  Slam dunk lawsuit and any jury would agree that the bouncer started the fight first.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2013, 04:40:38 AM »

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2013, 04:43:34 AM »
It is the bouncers job to keep cool when someone verbally confronts them.  This bouncer did not, threw the first punches, and clearly went after the drunk dude on the sidewalk.  No self defense at all.  The bouncer just lost it.  Slam dunk lawsuit and any jury would agree that the bouncer started the fight first.

hi ron