Author Topic: Need workout and supplement advice  (Read 1624 times)

hoopty

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
Need workout and supplement advice
« on: December 28, 2005, 10:59:16 PM »
I am needing advice on a workout regiment and supplement advice.

I am currently 5'10", and around 165-170.  I have worked out in the past, but never had any strict regiment, and didn't really take any supplements.  I was working out with 135lbs on bench before I stopped.  I am looking to remove the layer of beer/fast food fat that has accumulated around my midsection, while also gaining muscle and getting cut.

I have read a lot of posts in regards to eating more meals a day, and the type of food I should be eating.  My only question in regards to meals is:  How much protien should I be taking in a day.

I am also looking for some advice on the best work out routine to lose the fat, while gaining muscle.  I have heard that cardio is good for losing fat, but bad for losing muscle.  I have also heard that doing circuit training and not resting between the different exercises is a great way to burn fat, while putting on muscle.

In regards to supplements, this is what I have been looking at:

Whey protien
CLA
Glutamine
BSN's No-explode, Cell Mass, and Nitrix

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: Need workout and supplement advice
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 01:59:36 AM »
well gaining muscle and getting cut at the same time is difficult, if not impossible to do.
Z

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 08:32:10 AM »
At your height & weight and being a little sloppy you don't have much muscle yet. As already mentioned, it's hard to accomplish 2 goals at once.

To tone and lose weight first, run a mile 6 days a week, and do 4 sets each of situps, crunches, leg raises and vertical leg raises. Keep increasing the reps and trying to lower the time for the mile-you should be running after a week, not jogging. The ab work can be done before or after running.

Diet: I like the new version of the Atkins Diet, which involves lowering your carbs. Very good for serious weight loss over 1-3 months. Try this or some of the others-you have to experiment to see which works, which also means one that you'll be motivated to stay on. Weight Watchers seems to be popular and effective for many.

Do those two things first, then once in better shape get on to a good weight lifting program. To increase protein intake, find a good economy-sized protein powder, mix into liquid and drink between, not with, meals. If you want to do resistance exercises in the meantime, do 4 sets each of chins and pushups-keep increasing the reps.

On all sets, max. 1 minute rest.

None of this will work unless you're serious about changing the diet AND do daily cardio..

SLYY

• Getbig IV
  • A mug only your mom could love...
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 10:24:15 PM »
How much protein should I be taking in a day?

1- 1.5 grams per pound of bodyweight your are.

example: if you are 180lbs....take in either 180 grams of protein to 270 grams of protein

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 01:15:04 AM »
Have a dbol slurpee.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha