Author Topic: Haha, now they want help  (Read 1474 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Haha, now they want help
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2013, 11:09:12 PM »
I'm fine with Dershowitz dissing obama, but i'm not cool with him attacking Ted Cruz.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2013, 09:20:26 AM »

::)

When defending your god-king Obama, you certainly thought Harvard was impressive:

My quote actually doesn't refute my statement you absolute moron. Read it again dummy. He is obviously smart, his position was unintelligent and frankly absurd. I have not been impressed with his rationale as he often says contradictory things and continues with inconsistencies.

Harvard is one of the best schools in the world. Period. Again I am not impressed with him

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2013, 09:21:44 AM »

No, the law is interpretive.  In fact, you usually can't file an appeal on matters of fact, only matters of law.

Often they will refer to committee notes and testimony and the surrounding circumstances in which the law was created to determine the correct interpretation and how it should be applied in a particular case.

They argue about wording, context, applicability, etc., all in an effort to interpret the law.  Nothing black and white about it.

The end result is black and white, I agree with everything you said. Erin brockovich is my role model.

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2013, 03:10:41 AM »
Is cruz a bit extreme?  Of course "We need 100 jesse helms" is not something people say.

But, in a party where they keep picking the anti-gun flipflopper RINOs, WHY NOT try a far right conservative for the job?

Think about 2012... Romney WROTE and SIGNED an assault weapons ban.  I mean, WOW.  Yet was allowed to squeak on in and win the nomination by just outspending everyone.  The 'will of the people' was 80% against Romney.  But the system let him swoop in and take the nomination.

So WHY NOT go with a goofy yet brilliant guy like Cruz?  He lacks common sense at times, he throws too much red meat to the base, but he would look respectable against Hilary (whereas Rubio would look like a smug kid next to her).  And he'd look lean and adult next to hilary (CHristie would look like a sweaty beet-faced pie salesman).  Perry?  LOL he's still stupid.  Santorum?  Ugh.

So why not run with Cruz in 2016?  Smart guy, not perfect, but run him.

Excellent points. 

However, there is another school of thought that maintains Romney's loss had nothing to do with his moderate views, and in fact his attempts to reinvent himself as a right winger probably hurt him.