Author Topic: US Default Averted -- Tea Party Hijacking For Nil  (Read 7590 times)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: US Default Averted -- Tea Party Hijacking For Nil
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2013, 10:11:50 AM »
Coach is involved with this.
'Involved' is a strong word, but he certainly doesn't help.  ;D

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2013, 10:29:31 AM »
as predicted, a last minute bullshit agreement that changes absolutely nothing to the state of decay already reached. Just playing scare. How long will this grotesque farce last noone knows. Fact is the average joe while thinking "everything is fine we ve been saved by our "elites" he s getting poorer by the day. You have to stick it slowly to the common people, for them not to understand what s going on. Good news, politicians and megacorps bosses are very patient individuals, this is how they got at the top of the pyramid.

One day china will have enough of worthless dollar, but politicians want someone else to deal with the hot potato and start the whole debacle. Good argument for a war.

;D

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2013, 01:03:38 PM »
You shouldn't , it's was meant to help the patients, not the doctors per se. I understand what you are saying, and I don't disagree, non-compliance and poor lifestyle choices are the etiology of most concerns. I don't see your rationale on how it is doomed to failure? I don't think anyone can quite predict it's outcome yet as it is a novel piece of American history. I would say that in theory it can work, that much is obvious, will it in practice remains to be seen.

The theory was poorly thought out. It is a 2700 page playbook on socializing medicine with the ultimate goal for a one payer US medical health system. If it were such a phenomenal plan, Democratic congressman and their staffers would not be so repulsed by the idea that they would be beholden to the ACA. Maybe, the best way to manage the country is for all Congressional leaders to follow the laws they push on the American people. Why is it that Congressional leaders and their staffers get 5000 dollars or more toward their "Cadillac" insurance plans, but honest hard working Americans are seeing their premiums rise in order to pay for ACA (i.e. Obamacare).

Why didn't somebody read the damn bill before the Democrats in their rush to judgement passed it. Mark my words, Obama will drive this country in financial ruin. Not to mention the fact that there will be a tremendous physician shortage in the coming years as the best and brightest are bypassing med school to go into private business. One thing that ticks me off about the Democrats in general is that responsibility for ones actions is never espoused. Instead, blame the rich elite, which is kind of funny because the Democratic party as it is now is rich, arrogant elites caring for their dumber, less fortunate brethren....i.e. house negro.

Do some research and you will see that blacks, who voted for Obama 99 out of a 100 practically in the last election, are worse off financially today than under George Bush. It is shocking.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2013, 01:10:49 PM »
The theory was poorly thought out. It is a 2700 page playbook on socializing medicine with the ultimate goal for a one payer US medical health system. If it were such a phenomenal plan, Democratic congressman and their staffers would not be so repulsed by the idea that they would be beholden to the ACA. Maybe, the best way to manage the country is for all Congressional leaders to follow the laws they push on the American people. Why is it that Congressional leaders and their staffers get 5000 dollars or more toward their "Cadillac" insurance plans, but honest hard working Americans are seeing their premiums rise in order to pay for ACA (i.e. Obamacare).

Why didn't somebody read the damn bill before the Democrats in their rush to judgement passed it. Mark my words, Obama will drive this country in financial ruin. Not to mention the fact that there will be a tremendous physician shortage in the coming years as the best and brightest are bypassing med school to go into private business. One thing that ticks me off about the Democrats in general is that responsibility for ones actions is never espoused. Instead, blame the rich elite, which is kind of funny because the Democratic party as it is now is rich, arrogant elites caring for their dumber, less fortunate brethren....i.e. house negro.

Do some research and you will see that blacks, who voted for Obama 99 out of a 100 practically in the last election, are worse off financially today than under George Bush. It is shocking.
Relax, loony. It's only politics.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2013, 01:12:14 PM »
That was one brutal shutdown is over.  I was very concerned that the White House garden was full of weeds.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2013, 06:13:07 PM »
That was one brutal shutdown is over.  I was very concerned that the White House garden was full of weeds.
Don't worry everyone will get paid for the 16 day vocation.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2013, 06:34:02 PM »
Syntax reminds me of a Vulcan.  He's much to rational to be contained within the boundaries of party politics.
A

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2013, 04:35:25 AM »

I don't care how long the "playbook" is, that's meaningless in the context we are talking and many people's premiums have gone down. Government is corrupt is the answer.

They obviously read the bill, are you saying no one read the bill before they passed it? Obama has been doing the opposite of driving the country to financial ruin, lowering the deficit at record pace amongst a few other key economic markers. The right however, has just wasted 26 billion on a frivolous fight and caused economic and social regression
Ya, there's nothing that could explain that besides Obama purposely keeping them in poverty. That great recession wouldn't have matterer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2013, 06:33:28 AM »
Hearing Palin, Rush, Boehnner and Levin calling this a huge loss for republicans...

yikes...

lots of ammo for dems to use against them.  Repubs can't get on message boards and diss the dems when their own leaders admit it was a loss, or as palin said, "Obama got 100% of what he wanted".

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2013, 08:56:49 AM »

Where the hell do you get your information. The deficit is coming down at a record pace. It is a complete play on words moron. Compare the deficit now to 2008 when your highness came into office. You are nothing but a syncophant who is unintelligible. Pelos's own words were to pass the bill and read it later. Do you even read  ::) ::)

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/DC-Decoder/2013/0916/Obama-Deficits-falling-at-fastest-rate-since-WWII.-Is-that-true

You have proven yourself to be nothing but a liberal shill Necrosis  ::) ::) ::)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2013, 11:56:25 AM »
Where the hell do you get your information. The deficit is coming down at a record pace. It is a complete play on words moron. Compare the deficit now to 2008 when your highness came into office. You are nothing but a syncophant who is unintelligible. Pelos's own words were to pass the bill and read it later. Do you even read  ::) ::)

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/DC-Decoder/2013/0916/Obama-Deficits-falling-at-fastest-rate-since-WWII.-Is-that-true

You have proven yourself to be nothing but a liberal shill Necrosis  ::) ::) ::)

Did you just send me a link to the Christian Science Monitor and cite it as evidence? you are a fucking loon my friend. What are you religious too? you are dead fucking wrong, do you know what rate means? It is falling at the fastest rate, I won't explain further. I am unintelligible? you are quoting right wing religious rags and calling me a shill, all while not understanding the very thing we are arguing.

Again, you are wrong and even your shitty article is wrong. The claim was the deficit is falling at the fastest RATE since WW2, not total amounts, which is obviously based on overall deficit. Good job on making yourself look like an idiot.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2013, 11:59:15 AM »

The second video or link again shows your lack of comprehension. She said we have to pass it so YOU can see what's in it, with out all the controversy. Which means people are getting inaccurate info from media etc. You indicates others, it does not indicate her, she would use the pronoun I moron.

Another great find!

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2013, 01:34:36 PM »
Did you just send me a link to the Christian Science Monitor and cite it as evidence? you are a fucking loon my friend. What are you religious too? you are dead fucking wrong, do you know what rate means? It is falling at the fastest rate, I won't explain further. I am unintelligible? you are quoting right wing religious rags and calling me a shill, all while not understanding the very thing we are arguing.

Again, you are wrong and even your shitty article is wrong. The claim was the deficit is falling at the fastest RATE since WW2, not total amounts, which is obviously based on overall deficit. Good job on making yourself look like an idiot.

The Christian Science Monitor is, actually, a respected publication. It's not perfect or bias-free, but its reporting is better than many – if not most – newspapers and news magazines.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2013, 01:59:21 PM »
The Christian Science Monitor is, actually, a respected publication. It's not perfect or bias-free, but its reporting is better than many – if not most – newspapers and news magazines.

I know many liberals who subscribe to The Christian Science Monitor.
A

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2013, 04:16:16 PM »
Clinton was talking about Tort Reform 20 years ago. This isn't new.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2013, 04:20:50 PM »

Ya I am weary of anything with such a contradictory name. I am not actually all that familiar with the paper but am pretty hostile to anything with religion and science amalgam.

Point still stands.

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2013, 04:24:13 PM »

Dipshit, because the deficit got up to such unfathomable levels, the rate of fall looks great to the typical sycophantic moron such as yourself. But the reality is that the deficit is huge. Wow, the deficit is only 700 billion now. Yeah it is coming down fast but it was 1.4 billion. What is going to happen when the working people run out of money. Welfare pups like yourself will be shit out of luck.

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/federal_deficit_chart.html

Look at GWB's deficit. Until the loony Democrats took over congress in 2006, the deficit was less than 250 billion and unemployment was down at less than 5%. I am happy that the deficit is coming down, but if you are attributing that to the great governing of Obama you are dreaming. Fortunately, hard and intelligent Americans have found a way to bypass the restrictions and have thrived despite Obama and not because he is some saint to business.

And BTW dipshit, Pelosi did not read the 2700 page amendment. I would doubt that any of the Congressman who voted for it did so. You are a typical liberal. So I referred to the CSM, what do you read and absorb. Moveon.org or the Daily Kos. Better yet, I bet you get your information from MSNB, politico, and the Huffington Post lol. Oh brother.

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2013, 04:30:26 PM »

The second video or link again shows your lack of comprehension. She said we have to pass it so YOU can see what's in it, with out all the controversy. Which means people are getting inaccurate info from media etc. You indicates others, it does not indicate her, she would use the pronoun I moron.

Another great find!

What the fuck does that mean. If the bill were so transparent it would be obvious prior to passing it what the bill's benefits would be. Are you such a moron. What, I think you should buy this used care without the Carfax or warranty so you can see what a lemon it is after it is bought and paid for. Your reasoning as always is suspect. Your arguments are laughable. Your IQ is barely above that of your average dopehead on the street. It is quite comical your commenting on a typographical error as a grammar lesson.

The ACA was such a glorified mess that many in Congress did not comprehend all of the repercussions, the taxes, and limitations of the bill. Even if it were implemented perfectly, over 30 million Americans would still be without healthcare. Simple lesson, nothing in life is free. Your welfare check Necrosis is coming off of the shoulders of a working American. What is going to happen when everybody decides to quit working and let Uncle Barack take care of them?

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2013, 04:38:13 PM »
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/cbo-uninsured-under-obamacare-never-falls-below-30-million_733740.html

Now Necrosis I know this is a conservative website, but maybe if you can take away the Koolaid glasses for ten minutes and attempt to read and comprehend, the CBO (Congressional Budget Office to help you out) has clearly projected the number of uninsured by 2023 under the ACA law. Lets see, twenty million will gain insurance, but 31 million will still be uninsured under your savior's plan. Great plan. Pelosi really studied hard trying to slog her way through the 2700 pages so she can better inform the American public  ::) ::) ::)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2013, 06:35:43 AM »
Dipshit, because the deficit got up to such unfathomable levels, the rate of fall looks great to the typical sycophantic moron such as yourself. But the reality is that the deficit is huge. Wow, the deficit is only 700 billion now. Yeah it is coming down fast but it was 1.4 billion. What is going to happen when the working people run out of money. Welfare pups like yourself will be shit out of luck.

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/federal_deficit_chart.html

Again it has nothing to do with anything, my statement still stands and you are incorrect

Look at GWB's deficit. Until the loony Democrats took over congress in 2006, the deficit was less than 250 billion and unemployment was down at less than 5%. I am happy that the deficit is coming down, but if you are attributing that to the great governing of Obama you are dreaming. Fortunately, hard and intelligent Americans have found a way to bypass the restrictions and have thrived despite Obama and not because he is some saint to business.
There was a global great recession moron, of course they went up, that's like citing WW2

And BTW dipshit, Pelosi did not read the 2700 page amendment. I would doubt that any of the Congressman who voted for it did so. You are a typical liberal. So I referred to the CSM, what do you read and absorb. Moveon.org or the Daily Kos. Better yet, I bet you get your information from MSNB, politico, and the Huffington Post lol. Oh brother.
Oh ok, she didn't any proof of this other then the video you posted which shows the fucking opposite of your claim?

You didn't address my points, you just brought up some bullshit and then claimed that Pelosi didn't read the law.

Try again. Use facts, it will help.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2013, 06:40:49 AM »
Also, I am not a lib, just pointing out facts you seem to have left out.

I don't particularly like Obama, I disagree with a lot of his policies, social and economic. I however, don't find comfort in believing falsehoods.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
Re: US Default Averted -- Teabaggers Damage Own Party for Nil
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2013, 07:20:35 AM »
Syntax

If you think this is a great victory for Obama and America get ready. Let me ask you this my liberal friend. A 2700 page bill that your defacto co-leader Pelosi stated to pass without reading it first is being forced upon our great country. It is a pity that the website to sign up for the state run exchanges is so broken that 99% of the people cannot even register. It is alarming that a Democratically controlled Senate balked at the idea brought up by the House Republicans that if the general public were going to get this deal, then all Congressman and the President himself should join the party and enroll with the Affordable Care Act. Moreover, the high dollar Democratic donars and companies exempt from the AAC or Obamacare cried foul...not us. Nice going Dems, pass a bill you want no part of if you are one of the liberal elite. Meanwhile, taxes are going up and many of the poor who could get on insurance still make too much money to get Medicaid, but make too little to get the Federal subsidy. Thus, over 30 million Americans will still have no insurance and the cost will to the working class Americans will be tremendous. If this makes you happy Syntax, rejoice.

Here's what the Rude Pundit (who writes like a getbigger) says about the whole dem pols too good for ACA baloney:

10/16/2013
"If It's So Great, Why Don't You Do It?": One of the Stupidest Anti-Obamacare Arguments:

On Morning Starbucks with Joe Scarborough's Beady Eyes, Mika Brezinski's Sneer, and the Pickled Corpse of Mike Barnicle, Rep. Sean Duffy, Republican of Wisconsin, said the hosts should ask "liberal guests" on the show, "Why won’t you join Obamacare? If it’s good for Americans, why isn’t it good for you?”

This question and its variants has been a talking point for Republicans both before and during this crisis they brought on. Rand Paul, giving Ted Cruz a moment to shit his diaper in peace during the notafilibuster, asked the question of Barack Obama: "'Mr. President, are you willing to take Obamacare? If you don’t want it, why are we stuck with it?'"

It's the question at the core of the Vitter Amendment, named for the Senator who wishes he could  shit his diaper on the floor of the Senate. It would make all members of Congress and their staffs find insurance on the Affordable Care Act exchanges and, just because if you're gonna be a prick, you may as well be a mega-prick, receive no subsidies from their employer (you know, the government) to help. Rep. Tim Huelskamp, Kansas GOP nut, on Al Sharpton's just terrible MSNBC "show," fluffing Vitter like a New Orleans prostitute, said that if it’s good enough for the rest of the country, "it should be good enough for the President of the United States" and other federal employees.

On and on this could go, with more and more members of Congress, with right-wing media, with knuckle-dragging bloggers all joining into a dissonant chorus of farts and vomit noises around a single line: "If it's so good/great, why isn't Congress/the President/Kathleen Sebelius/Mitch McConnell's shell shiner being forced onto it?"

Dear, sweet conservatives, especially those of you devoid of thought except for what Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity piss into your ears, listen closely. Here's the answer to your question: It's because the law is meant to cover people who don't have access to health insurance, you dumb fucks. It's meant to be something for people who have nothing, people who aren't poor enough for Medicaid or have preexisting conditions that prevent them from getting insurance. If it was meant for everyone, we would call it "single payer" or "universal health care" or "socialized medicine" or "that thing that works in every other fucking country but we're too deluded to enact here."

It's goddamned childish, like saying, "If you like Obamacare so much, why don't you marry it?" It's like saying that if public housing is so awesome, why doesn't everyone live in it? Would you support a bill to force members of Congress to live in Barry Farm?

You know who it wasn't meant for? People who already get health insurance through their jobs. That's a benefit, something that people get instead of higher pay. If you want to kick anyone off their health insurance and not provide subsidies, you better fucking pay 'em more with the money that's not being used to give 'em insurance, but that's not in the Vitter Amendment, is it?

Sure, sure, go ahead and cite the very few examples of companies who have been total assholes to their employees. But 96% of companies aren't affected by the Affordable Care Act (except in that it will lower health costs overall). And of the 4% that are affected, nearly 95% of them won't be bothered by it. But, no, really, go ahead and dig out your exceptions, like your invisible welfare queens and your phantom voter fraud cases.

Stop being such pussies and admit what's really going on here. The Vitter Amendment's purpose was to drive people away from government jobs. And, as so many have pointed out, there is a deep, deep fear in right-wingers that, once they have insurance and are getting regular health care, people will think that this program that's supposedly as bad as slavery times the Holocaust to the power of 9/11 isn't so bad and that the streetcorner screamers of the right are full of shit.

The battle is over, motherfuckers. Put down your weapons and return to your homes. Kiss your loved ones. And we can all warm ourselves by the fire made from the corpses of Republicans who threw themselves at the barricade only to get themselves impaled right through their cold, awful hearts.

// posted by Rude One @ 11:33 AM

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2013, 07:22:01 AM »
Is ACA "as bad as slavery times the Holocaust to the power of 9/11"?  Who cares.  That is getbig poetry.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2013, 07:40:01 AM »
A debt based currency system, meaning one in which the currency created is loaned to the people to be paid back at interest, will require ever increasing amounts of new debt to sustain itself.  Everything else is theater.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2013, 07:43:39 AM »
It is a 2700 page playbook on socializing medicine with the ultimate goal for a one payer US medical health system.

How is single-payer not a good thing?  For those not working in the insurance industry, that is.