Author Topic: List of pro wrestler's bench presses  (Read 96108 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: List of pro wrestler's bench presses
« Reply #200 on: September 29, 2016, 09:57:21 AM »
Quite a few times I saw him train.  One reason he and Animal rarely trained together on the same routine is that Animal was following more of a power/strength based training system.  Meaning he incorporated a lot of "bodybuilding" exercises into his routine but with a powerlifter's mentality.  Rude was strong, but preferred to do more volume and a moderate amount of weight so his reps were in the 10-12 range.  Weird thing is that he never did anything for lower body.  Other than 3-4 sets of light leg extensions of about 50 reps each followed by some cardio work.  Never did a single squat or leg press or leg curl that I can remember.  Not saying he didn't train lower body, but I just never saw it and it was weird because I would be at the gym at the same time they would be about twice a month and over a couple of years you would think I would have at least been there a day he did something for legs.

I will say that for chest he believed in very high inclines when doing presses.  Almost to an upright position like you would use for shoulder presses. About 10 degrees short of that and his favorite finishing combo was dips supersetted with the pec dec.
RUDE had a good delt/upper chest lean tie in ..

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #201 on: September 29, 2016, 09:43:12 PM »
RUDE had a good delt/upper chest lean tie in ..

Might be due to the high incline work he did.  Or genetic.  Or both. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #202 on: September 30, 2016, 09:54:24 AM »
What did these guys think about you staring at them?

Probably thinking "whew, glad he is normal and not like that RatedXXX schmoe who runs his fingers in our left over sweat when we get off a machine."

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #203 on: September 30, 2016, 08:02:52 PM »
I once witnessed the Honky Tonk Man bench 750 pounds. He then curled 100 pound dumbbells in my face and squatted his pink Cadillac.

:D
a