Author Topic: Waitress who accused customer of writing racial slur on tip line, being sued  (Read 12879 times)

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
The guy is lying , why would she single him out to make that story up about? is he the first person that never gave her a tip?

Plus you can tell from pics, butter wouldn't melt in her mouth.  ;D

jjbones

• Getbig II
Regardless of facts in this case, Red Lobster is in deep shit. Deep pockets ... The Lobster is gonna pay dearly for this lack of judgement.  I have often times paid for meals on a card and left cash as tip ... if I get loosey service, fuck you no tip.  If it can be established in court that the customer did not write that word ... really, really big payout ... this will not go to court.  I predict, $250,000 plus settlement, no court, waitress fired. 

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
The guy is lying , why would she single him out to make that story up about? is he the first person that never gave her a tip?

HIS not HER

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Free healthcare and free education? Dont tell me all Europeans think this way.....

well the government takes 60% of my check but I get free health care and education,  what a bargain!

There is no fucking thing as free anything. Allthiose dollars that disappear from your check,  thats youre "free" shit.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo

He has no reason to lie.   Its isn't in his best interest to go public and fight the charge. The anti-racism industry is large and powerful.  I suggest you read a book called Crying Wolf by Laird Wilcox. Laird Wilcox is an unbiased researched who has done extensive study of this subject.  Racism hoaxes are fairly common.  Accusers have found crying racism is an easy way to gain sympathy and make a buck. 
A

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Vince was afraid of DA at the time he probably didnt leave a tip at the time.

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
Free healthcare and free education? Dont tell me all Europeans think this way.....

well the government takes 60% of my check but I get free health care and education,  what a bargain!

There is no fucking thing as free anything. Allthiose dollars that disappear from your check,  thats youre "free" shit.

You are right and you are wrong.
In Scotland (not the rest of the UK)
A poor man making £20,000 a year paying an effective 18% tax will get healthcare and university education for his children allowing them to become doctors, lawyers, accountants, engineers......whatever.

A rich man making £200,000 a year will pay an effective tax of 38% and will get healthcare and university education for his children allowing them to become doctors, lawyers, accountants, engineers......whatever.

It is all down to academic performance. Not how deep your dad's pockets are. In Scotland even a poor black man could become the head of the country. When will the USA ever be able to say that?  :D

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
leave that cash on the table and another waiter/waitress or patron will take it...

Yes...Hand it to the waiter...I could see waiters/waitress who share tips pocketing the cash and telling the manager(when he adds up the bills at night) that the person left no tip when the word none is written in the tip section...

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Looks like William Wallace did not die in vain.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails

x2

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
A poor man making £20,000 a year paying an effective 18% tax will get healthcare and university education for his children allowing them to become doctors, lawyers, accountants, engineers......whatever.

A rich man making £200,000 a year will pay an effective tax of 38% and will get healthcare and university education for his children allowing them to become doctors, lawyers, accountants, engineers......whatever.

Our rich friend above and our poor friend above can both just up and send their children to Eton College at a cost of £40,000 per annum, or the University of St. Andrews at a cost of £30,000 per annum, give or take a few hundred pounds sterling.

Yay for equality! Everybody do the robot!

It is all down to academic performance. Not how deep your dad's pockets are.

Yes, it's all down to academic performance. Because the Scottish guy making £200,000 can't and won't use his checkbook to give his kids the proverbial leg up, by sending them to fancy places like Eton.

In Scotland even a poor black man could become the head of the country. When will the USA ever be able to say that?  :D

Yeah, because "head of Scotland" is a job that it's in such high-demand... I mean luminaries as Dewar and Salmond have occupied this illustrious post! By the way, there's a difference between the Prime Minister, who is the head of the Government, and the head of the country, who is Queen Elizabeth II.

I guess that free education is a bit... shall we say lacking when it comes to civics?

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
Our rich friend above and our poor friend above can both just up and send their children to Eton College at a cost of £40,000 per annum, or the University of St. Andrews at a cost of £30,000 per annum, give or take a few hundred pounds sterling.

Yay for equality! Everybody do the robot!

Eton is in England. The English pay fees for their education.

St Andrews fees are paid by the state for everyone born in Scotland. Prince William and his bride would have had to pay when they attended St Andrews seeing as they are English.
 8)

RRKore

• Getbig IV
Wait staff is on a different pay scale as tips are expected here unlike in europe.

Not in all states.  In CA, min wage is the same for everyone.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
Eton is in England. The English pay fees for their education.

Right, and? It still proves my point, that the guy making £200,000 still has more options available to him.

St Andrews fees are paid by the state for everyone born in Scotland. Prince William and his bride would have had to pay when they attended St Andrews seeing as they are English.
 8)

Can you provide a reference? The St. Andrews website seems to disagree. Not that I don't think you're more credible than the official website. ::)

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
Goo drum leaving a restaurant having enjoyed the signature dish and tipped the waiter generously by swallowing.

Goo-Drum makes time to satisfy both his entrepreneurial and more basic animal spirits.

RRKore

• Getbig IV

Being a bad tipper and a cheapskate is neither illegal nor is something that justifies having one's name traduced.

I usually agree with most of your posts but as a former waiter, I'm struggling with this a bit.  Is it illegal for a server to make it known to others that someone has left a sub-standard tip?  Is it really even inappropriate?  Surely it's OK for a server to tell his fellow servers that someone has a history of being a shitty tipper, right?  So how many people is it OK to tell?  

Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is;  If you're gonna be a cheapskate, then own it.  It's not the end of the world.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
I usually agree with most of your posts but as a former waiter, I'm struggling with this a bit.  Is it illegal for a server to make it known to others that someone has left a sub-standard tip?  Is it really even inappropriate?  Surely it's OK for a server to tell his fellow servers that someone has a history of being a shitty tipper, right?  So how many people is it OK to tell?  

Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is;  If you're gonna be a cheapskate, then own it.  It's not the end of the world.

The guy got it to go. Since when do you tip for take-out?

RRKore

• Getbig IV
I don't think "mandatory" means what you think it means.

Why is any of that my concern? I don't care whether prices are adjusted upwards or downwards, or whether the restaurant pays the waitstaff much or little. I shouldn't have to. I certainly don't for any other business, but for restaurants it's somehow special.

OK, and? I mean, if it's mandatory that I pay a tip - often to the tune of 15% - it's even money for me. And, arguably, I'll come out ahead, since those who currently "steal" by not paying the "mandatory" tip will be forced to pay.

Of course, the big thing is that the waiters don't actually want to migrate away from tips to a salary they can live on, because they believe that they can make more money by getting tips (and it's probably true) than they could by getting salary.

I'm pretty sure that having a blank space where I can write the amount that I want to leave as a tip is the definition of "optional."

DO you tip?  Would you really not tip at a place you regularly frequent?  If so, you are a brave dude with a strong immune system.

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
Right, and? It still proves my point, that the guy making £200,000 still has more options available to him.

Can you provide a reference? The St. Andrews website seems to disagree. Not that I don't think you're more credible than the official website. ::)

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Education/UniversitiesColleges/16640/financial-help

Since 2012 all 19 Universities in Scotland are free to Scottish nationals.

St Andrews is playing it down because it wants to attract English and Overseas students who do have to pay.

Another great thing from Alec Salmond.

One thing I would agree with you on is that there are plenty of Private high schools in Scotland that charge a fortune and provide very high standards of education so Rich dad can give a leg up to his kids this way. Fettes College in Edinburgh will cost you $250,000 for your high school years. Prime Minister Tony Blair attended Fettes and it is run by queers.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
HE got carryout you buck dancing neegro.

Uh, brainiac, are you 100% sure that's all he got?  To me it seems like he ate at the restaurant and then ordered something to go just before leaving.  I say that because he writes about leaving the credit slip "on the table".

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
The guy got it to go. Since when do you tip for take-out?

Damn, I didn't know he got it to go...Who the fukc tips on a take out order?

RRKore

• Getbig IV
There have been plenty of times where I feel like tipping 0. I can't do it though, because even with bad service you never know what someone is battling on a given day inside or outside of the workplace.

As a former waiter, I don't agree with this.  If you've worked in a restaurant before you can usually tell why your service is shitty.  And when it's due to the server just sucking, then they need to reqularly get stiffed (get no tip) so that they're forced to quit a job they can't handle.  And believe you me, being a foodserver can be a difficult and highly stressful job.  Many people just can't do it well no matter what.

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
As a former waiter, I don't agree with this.  If you've worked in a restaurant before you can usually tell why your service is shitty.  And when it's due to the server just sucking, then they need to reqularly get stiffed (get no tip) so that they're forced to quit a job they can't handle.  And believe you me, being a foodserver can be a difficult and highly stressful job.  Many people just can't do it well no matter what.

Why don't you Americans get a fair basic pay for being a waiter and rely less on tips. Put prices up and start increasing the quality of your establishments like in the civilised world. I mean Red Lobster and Olive Garden is haute cuisine for you guys. ::)

I would have thought Scotsman Gordon Ramsay would have made you lift your game a bit by now.
 :D

RRKore

• Getbig IV
He has no reason to lie.   Its isn't in his best interest to go public and fight the charge. The anti-racism industry is large and powerful.  I suggest you read a book called Crying Wolf by Laird Wilcox. Laird Wilcox is an unbiased researched who has done extensive study of this subject.  Racism hoaxes are fairly common.  Accusers have found crying racism is an easy way to gain sympathy and make a buck.  

You are high.  We're supposed to believe that an idiot who would write that on a credit slip with his name on it would be smart enough to know that it's not in his best interest to go public and fight the charge (because of the Streisand Effect, I presume)?  Haha.  Try again.  

Look, I have no idea who wrote "Knee-gro" on that receipt.  If I worked with that girl and saw the check before her, I would have written it just to fuck with her if I either really liked her or really hated her, haha.  (And I absolutely would not have revealed that I was the one that did it once it became a big deal.)  So who knows?  And while racism hoaxes might very well be common, I'm willing to bet any amount of money that written racist comments are waaaaay more common.  Haven't you ever read through a youtube comment thread or, and this should be completely evident to all here, your average Getbig thread?