Author Topic: 'We've reached the end of antibiotics'  (Read 5200 times)

youandme

• Getbig V
Re: 'We've reached the end of antibiotics'
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2013, 06:40:24 AM »
Need more probiotics.   All this anti stuff is negative. 
lmao

dustin

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2013, 07:18:08 AM »
I know doctors that prescribe antibiotics to anyone who mentions having a sore throat or feeling under the weather. And I know other doctors who won't give out any unless you're almost on your death bed. I think doctors need to lean towards the latter. I don't take antibiotics anymore unless I feel like death. It's so sketchy when there is an MRSA outbreak at the hospital and shit like that.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2013, 09:35:13 AM »
Antibiotic use on cattle (or production animals in general) is one of the big reasons for resistance in bacteria.

Meaningless

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2013, 09:45:24 AM »
Idiots. Healthy living. Test, exercise, high dose vitamin c, good natural diet, and try live a stress free life.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2013, 09:51:20 AM »
Take oregano oil, garlic and Vitamin D everyday.  You will never get the flu again.
Of course, because everybody will be trying to avoid you. Garlic comes of out of your pores, like curry does.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2013, 10:19:56 AM »
I know doctors that prescribe antibiotics to anyone who mentions having a sore throat or feeling under the weather. And I know other doctors who won't give out any unless you're almost on your death bed. I think doctors need to lean towards the latter. I don't take antibiotics anymore unless I feel like death. It's so sketchy when there is an MRSA outbreak at the hospital and shit like that.

Yes, I work with a lot primary care docs, NP's in my field and it's the same story.

Random Person: "oh man, I've got a cold, all congested and my head hurts so I went to the Dr. and got a Z-Pack."
---I couldn't believe it, how dumb is this person and how willfully negligent is the Dr? Unless it's bacterial an anti-biotic will do nothing except make whatever viruses/bacterias that are in your body more resistant to future applications. Add in the fact that people are fucking retarded and won't take the full application to term i.e. they will quit it when they "feel better."

I've even heard RN's rattle off "yeah, I've got this terrible cold, I'll just grab an anti-biotic from the Dr...."

You can add in our absolute aversion to anything "germ" with slathering on of antibacterial products and even doing the same for children.

Stupidity, stupidity, stupidity. Ruining the miracle drug for everyone.

dustin

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2013, 10:41:54 AM »
Yes, I work with a lot primary care docs, NP's in my field and it's the same story.

Random Person: "oh man, I've got a cold, all congested and my head hurts so I went to the Dr. and got a Z-Pack."
---I couldn't believe it, how dumb is this person and how willfully negligent is the Dr? Unless it's bacterial an anti-biotic will do nothing except make whatever viruses/bacterias that are in your body more resistant to future applications. Add in the fact that people are fucking retarded and won't take the full application to term i.e. they will quit it when they "feel better."

I've even heard RN's rattle off "yeah, I've got this terrible cold, I'll just grab an anti-biotic from the Dr...."

You can add in our absolute aversion to anything "germ" with slathering on of antibacterial products and even doing the same for children.

Stupidity, stupidity, stupidity. Ruining the miracle drug for everyone.

And just watch too, those people will probably take just half the z-pack and turf the rest. A couple of left over pills ain't a big deal, right? :o ::)

I know lots of doctors and nurses that fight to educate others in their field but it's just so rampant. I was talking to my friend who's finishing up his residency and he ran into a veteran nurse who didn't know the difference between the volume and the dose of an order. The doc (my friend) saw the order and told her it was an incomplete order and told her she needs to get it clarified because it doesn't specify the actual dose. And she wrote him off as a newbie know-it-all and just said "see, the order says a volume of 5mls of xxx drug. So I just infuse the whole 5mls. That's the way I've ALWAYS done it!!".

Another sketchy and recent case was when a patient was in the ICU and became septic, he saw a nurse slowing down the patient's IV because she checked his chest and heard crackles. I'm not a doctor, but when you have sepsis all I've ever heard is flush, flush, flush. Better to have crackles than to be DEAD. The patient died too of course... I do my best to stay out of the hospital. I know most of the ER nurses and doctors in town and told them if I ever come in there unconscious, to PLEASE watch over me and don't let someone kill me. :-\

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2013, 10:45:22 AM »
..or you could just live in a country where people wash their hands

dustin

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2013, 10:47:34 AM »
..or you could just live in a country where people wash their hands

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Apparently the masses are too fucking stupid though. Discouraging, eh?

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2013, 11:15:28 AM »
I do NOT trust the MEDICAL establishment

wouldn't that mean you don't trust the CDC guy who said that, then? ???

whitewidow

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2013, 12:37:13 PM »
Have you ever asked yourself why you get these infections so frequently?

had alot of ear infections when I was a kid. got amoxicillin and augmentin for them. recently I had a touch of a sinus infection and got prescribed levequin. I had surgey on my ears so I don't get ear infections anymore.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2013, 12:55:42 PM »
Antibiotic use on cattle (or production animals in general) is one of the big reasons for resistance in bacteria.

Bro, I'm almost 95% sure that has no affect on the effectiveness of antibiotics on humans?

Did I get my effect versus affect mixed up?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2013, 12:58:24 PM »

pigs and chicken are the larger issue

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2013, 01:01:29 PM »
antibiotics is one of the best findings ever made by humans.

and by sheer idiocy, were flushing the benefits of them down the toilet.

how anyone could voluntarily overmedicate on them is beyond me.

they should be used as last resort kinda thing,that was the purpose

antibiotics use on cattle doesnt have effect on humans,lol, think about it.the cattle gets frozen, cooked at high heat before its eaten, this isnt the same as popping a tablet
n

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2013, 01:02:01 PM »
but it can play a role in bacteria becoming resistent,the cattle thing
n

dustin

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2013, 01:06:36 PM »
but it can play a role in bacteria becoming resistent,the cattle thing

That's the thing. We're just fucking around with too many things when we shouldn't be. Why do our livestock need so many drugs to stay alive? What about a couple hundred years ago when people got by just fine? We always take the easiest and most profitable way out.

I'm not a bleeding heart, hippy vegan or anything. But I sure wish we did things better.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2013, 01:09:42 PM »

LOL!  Wittiest graphics use this month on getbig.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2013, 01:10:44 PM »
That's the thing. We're just fucking around with too many things when we shouldn't be. Why do our livestock need so many drugs to stay alive? What about a couple hundred years ago when people got by just fine? We always take the easiest and most profitable way out.

I'm not a bleeding heart, hippy vegan or anything. But I sure wish we did things better.
well but on other hand we cry about gm crops while disregarding the value of them,often the purpose is just to feed the cattle in order we humans can eat more meat.etc.

in the end, its up to the consumer,we want cheap.well, maybe not we, but the majority of ppl

think of the fatsos who get in line at mcdonalds, to eat when they shouldnt even be thinking of food in the first place :D
n

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2013, 07:32:41 PM »
i dont remember the last time i took antibiotics

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2013, 07:43:49 PM »

x2 i think i've been sick about twice in the past decade

lol @ weaklings who are "out of the office" every other week because "i'm feeling under the weather"

::)

:D

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2013, 08:53:34 PM »

Of course, because everybody will be trying to avoid you. Garlic comes of out of your pores, like curry does.

:)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2013, 08:58:33 PM »
If you take antibiotics that completely kill the strain that's making you sick, how does a stronger mutated version get passed on?

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2013, 08:59:57 PM »

The doctors mentioned in the first part of your post are guilty of malpractice.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2013, 09:04:02 PM »
x2 i think i've been sick about twice in the past decade

lol @ weaklings who are "out of the office" every other week because "i'm feeling under the weather"

::)

:D

i get sick...but i see no point in going to the doc to get anibiotics for a cold or flu

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2013, 12:56:51 AM »

x2. In fact I know that the last time I used them was about 35 years ago.