Author Topic: First job interview tomorrow  (Read 5518 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: First job interview tomorrow
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2013, 10:20:11 PM »
for a low paying security position.  :-\ But oh well I need a job. My money has almost run out.

I've been applying for jobs for about two weeks now and this is my first interview.

Real nervous about this since I'm not the most social person. I probably wont sleep tonight.

Good luck. Most of us have been there at some point in our lives, including the folks who will be interviewing you. I think you will do fine as long as you don't let your nerves get the best of you.

Although you may need the job, don't project this. It is rare that an employer does a mercy hire. Instead do your best to convince them you want the job and that you are the best person for the job. This is exampled by people's success in finding work when they are already employed; then want a different job more then they need it.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2013, 10:31:00 PM »
Conduct the interview like you're Doyle Hargraves from the movie Slingblade.

You got it!

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2013, 11:26:22 PM »
Security job so you'll be interviewed by 1 of 2 types: a lesbian or an obese chain smoker. Here's the plan if it's a lesbo first compliment her "I like you sensible haircut." Move to highlight your similarities, "you know I like broads too." lastly, show her you got balls, "you know, if I get this job, I'll bang the dyke right out of you."

If its the fat guy: he's a head case bc he wanted to be a cop but couldn't pass the physical. Tell him you understand his dreams and can help "you know I work out a lot if you can roll your fat ass off the couch, you can come with me." the show him you mean business "your lack of will power sickens me." then bust a most muscular.

Thank me later

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2013, 11:41:06 PM »
ok.heres how to go.

go there, have a sit, put the feet right on the bosses-interwievers table, light a cigarete up and then ask "its allowed to smoke here,isnt it".

then ask him how many breaks for ciggis and little bbuilding meals are allowed during work.

tell him you need bit more salary than he offers, for gear.now to not look like some dumbshit, explain the purpose of the gear is to look more big and intimidating,which will lead to more security, its about security after all.

tell him exagerated bench and squat numbers.

ask if its ok to browse the internet while at work.if he says no tell him"comeon,go with the times bro"

Hmmm, Ed Norton scene from "Fight Club"  :D

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2013, 11:43:58 PM »
I worked security at JFK Airport the year before I started grad school. It was so mind numbingly boring. At one point they had me had sitting in an empty airline terminal. I would bring my baseball glove and a tennis ball and "pitch" imagined games all day against one of the walls. I couldn't be done with that fast enough. There only so much reading u can do.

What kind of cholo goes to grad school?

I'm more cholo than you and I aint even mexican.
A

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2013, 11:46:24 PM »
Pretty funny interview prank here

ROFL... Reminds me of the guys in this thread: http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=503124.75

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2013, 12:03:32 AM »
Security job so you'll be interviewed by 1 of 2 types: a lesbian or an obese chain smoker. Here's the plan if it's a lesbo first compliment her "I like you sensible haircut." Move to highlight your similarities, "you know I like broads too." lastly, show her you got balls, "you know, if I get this job, I'll bang the dyke right out of you."

If its the fat guy: he's a head case bc he wanted to be a cop but couldn't pass the physical. Tell him you understand his dreams and can help "you know I work out a lot if you can roll your fat ass off the couch, you can come with me." the show him you mean business "your lack of will power sickens me." then bust a most muscular.

Thank me later

Or perhaps you could pay his rent when he doesn't get the job.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2013, 12:06:40 AM »
Or perhaps you could pay his rent when he doesn't get the job.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2013, 01:36:22 AM »

You and several other kids seem to find this little clip from a fine actor amusing. Just be careful you don't wear it out.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2013, 01:37:29 AM »
You and several other kids seem to find this little clip from a fine actor amusing. Just be careful you don't wear it out.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2013, 01:09:34 PM »

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2013, 01:15:34 PM »
for a low paying security position.  :-\ But oh well I need a job. My money has almost run out.

I've been applying for jobs for about two weeks now and this is my first interview.

Real nervous about this since I'm not the most social person. I probably wont sleep tonight.

hi Keith.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2013, 01:18:00 PM »
when they asked me "where do you see yourself in 5 years"

i said basically i am going for a position similar to that of the guy interviewing me

he was amused and said "well you maybe able to take my position in 15 years"

he then hired me pretty much

he often walks by my desk and says things like "living the dream"

wtf

epic trolling on his side he's a very dominant figure but people fear him

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V

True_Security

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2013, 02:47:54 PM »

Never apologize for being a Security Officer. Remember that you are the last frontier between society and the bad guys. Law Enforcement is a grave responsibility.