Author Topic: Can't stand FB anymore...  (Read 8858 times)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: Can't stand FB anymore...
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2013, 10:01:26 AM »
Well, Mongo never was much for the electronical technology.  But he sure could pull that plow some.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2013, 10:09:18 AM »
What are you, 80 years old?

I often get somethin like this, but the funny thing is that many of the 80 yr olds I know have a lot of tech gadgets, but they’re also retired and have made their money already.

I also get "HELLO!!  It's 2013!!"  Yep, I know the date.

Took me awhile to come to terms with it (and many…..MANY….will disagree with me), but smartphones, cable tv, video game systems, Ipads, Kindles, expensive cars, expensive clothing and all assorted tech gadgets are all luxury goods.  

Keep in mind, I'm not anti-tech....I love gadgets and tech.  Still, when considering smartphones, internet, cable, smartphone apps, Ipads apps, Ipod downloads, game rentals, gaming subscriptions most folks pay around $500-$800 a month and then wonder why they’re broke LOL.  

IMHO, that's beyond excessive, but if it's completely within your financial ability then have at it.  

For most people, it’s not even close to being within the scope of their financial ability…..it’s force fit into their budget as though it’s a necessity……LOL, it’s not.

I'm also completely aware how vital technology is to remain competitive in business, but my focus is about personal use.    

Yes, some folks will say, “But my smartphone is all I have.  It’s my phone, my computer, my tv, my stereo, etc….”   Fine, you pay $140/month for all that, it’s completely affordable for you and your done.  This is a small percentage of the population though……a tiny percentage.

My only point is that all our tech/gadgets used for personal stuff is non-necessity based.  And of course, someone will say, “Says the guy posting this comment on the internet via his laptop.”  Again, I’m not anti-tech, I’m against redefining luxury goods as necessities in a personal setting.  

So many times I’ve watched people pay for groceries via WIC assistance while fiddling on their smartphones.  Not long ago I watched one young mother attempt to pay for groceries via WIC.  All the while her husband and daughter waited and each was fiddling on their own smartphone.   In between breaks in conversation with the woman and clerk she would check her smartphone.  What’s wrong here?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2013, 10:19:03 AM »
I often get somethin like this, but the funny thing is that many of the 80 yr olds I know have a lot of tech gadgets, but they’re also retired and have made their money already.

Took me awhile to come to terms with it (and many…..MANY….will disagree with me), but smartphones, cable tv, video game systems, Ipads, Kindles, expensive cars, expensive clothing and all assorted tech gadgets are all luxury goods.  

Keep in mind, I'm not anti-tech....I love gadgets and tech.  Still, when considering smartphones, internet, cable, smartphone apps, Ipads apps, Ipod downloads, game rentals, gaming subscriptions most folks pay around $500-$800 a month and then wonder why they’re broke LOL.  

IMHO, that's beyond excessive, but if it's completely within your financial ability then have at it.  

For most people, it’s not even close to being within the scope of their financial ability…..it’s force fit into their budget as though it’s a necessity……LOL, it’s not.

I'm also completely aware how vital technology is to remain competitive in business, but my focus is about personal use.    

Yes, some folks will say, “But my smartphone is all I have.  It’s my phone, my computer, my tv, my stereo, etc….”   Fine, you pay $140/month for all that, it’s completely affordable for you and your done.  This is a small percentage of the population though……a tiny percentage.

My only point is that all our tech/gadgets used for personal stuff is non-necessity based.  And of course, someone will say, “Says the guy posting this comment on the internet via his laptop.”  Again, I’m not anti-tech, I’m against redefining luxury goods as necessities in a personal setting.  

So many times I’ve watched people pay for groceries via WIC assistance while fiddling on their smartphones.  Not long ago I watched one young mother attempt to pay for groceries via WIC.  All the while her husband and daughter waited and each was fiddling on their own smartphone.   In between breaks in conversation with the woman and clerk she would check her smartphone.  What’s wrong here?

Props to Man of Steel for being a financially responsible citizen, who saves money on non-essential stuff so that he can pay for his own necessary stuff, thus not being a burden to society!   

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2013, 10:55:11 AM »

Very smart.  A lot of people look at a lot of the technology today as being great but really a lot of it is not needed and does nothing to further mankind.  If anything a lot of it has reversed evolution.

Look at Japan.  There is an epidemic brewing of people NOT having sex.  Something like 40 percent under 25 look at sex as gross.  About 35% under 30 haven't had sex.  They are more into electronics than they are with dick in vag.

Technology is just turning people brain dead.  Take away the internet, cell phones and 50 inch TVs and guess what!  People would be better off.  The happiest times of my life is when none of this shit existed.  For some reason I am now bitter, grumpier and not as happy because of this shit.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2013, 10:58:59 AM »
Congrats on the "in-house" pussy.
he is omiting the fact he is just warehousing the pussy and not actually consuming it

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2013, 11:01:31 AM »
Very smart.  A lot of people look at a lot of the technology today as being great but really a lot of it is not needed and does nothing to further mankind.  If anything a lot of it has reversed evolution.

Look at Japan.  There is an epidemic brewing of people NOT having sex.  Something like 40 percent under 25 look at sex as gross.  About 35% under 30 haven't had sex.  They are more into electronics than they are with dick in vag.

Technology is just turning people brain dead.  Take away the internet, cell phones and 50 inch TVs and guess what!  People would be better off.  The happiest times of my life is when none of this shit existed.  For some reason I am now bitter, grumpier and not as happy because of this shit.

I read about that two weeks back.... Crazy world we are living in.

"1"

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2013, 11:07:40 AM »

not to be a stick in the mud, but aren't you the guy who is just saying in another thread that you have the lube ready and are ready to masturbate to pictures of girls asses on the internet?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2013, 11:51:37 AM »

I know I've completely derailed this thread and I apologize for that, but it's bothers me LOL!

I see exactly what you're saying about kids in Japan.  Essentially they're losing the ability to engage in audible conversation, enjoy human contact and have lost touch (no pun intended) with their sexuality.  They're so deeply engaged in tech that the real world has become unusual.

While at church on Sunday our minister of music mentioned that they have a new rule of no smartphones at the dinner table.  He and his wife put this "house rule" in place because while he and his family sat at the dinner one evening he noticed his children texting each other from across the table.  He said after that "no smartphones at the table!!".  A big majority of the congregation hooted and clapped in approval LOL, but I leaned over to my wife and whispered, "why not get rid of the smartphones altogether?"  I understand the point that trying to be made, but the problem had even deeper roots that that...at least in IMHO.

I understand that the era of the payphone is almost gone and the era of the cell phone is here to stay.  I don't have a problem with wireless phone tech.  We want our family members and friends to be able to contact us and we want to be able to reach them.  My wife and I each have a cell phone and we pay about $65/month.  I even contest that bill every other month in attempt to bring the rates down cause I long for the days of our $8/month landline and $.70/gallon of gas and $.19/taco on Taco Bell Sundays LOL!!  Unfortunately Sprint tells me that we have the lowest rates possible and because our phones are so dated and plan is so inexpensive it doens't even exist anymore LOL.   I've been trying to convince my wife to opt for a couple of prepaid cell phones for about $40/month.  She ain't havin it just yet LOL.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2013, 12:17:43 PM »
I know I've completely derailed this thread and I apologize for that, but it's bothers me LOL!

I see exactly what you're saying about kids in Japan.  Essentially they're losing the ability to engage in audible conversation, enjoy human contact and have lost touch (no pun intended) with their sexuality.  They're so deeply engaged in tech that the real world has become unusual.

While at church on Sunday our minister of music mentioned that they have a new rule of no smartphones at the dinner table.  He and his wife put this "house rule" in place because while he and his family sat at the dinner one evening he noticed his children texting each other from across the table.  He said after that "no smartphones at the table!!".  A big majority of the congregation hooted and clapped in approval LOL, but I leaned over to my wife and whispered, "why not get rid of the smartphones altogether?"  I understand the point that trying to be made, but the problem had even deeper roots that that...at least in IMHO.

I understand that the era of the payphone is almost gone and the era of the cell phone is here to stay.  I don't have a problem with wireless phone tech.  We want our family members and friends to be able to contact us and we want to be able to reach them.  My wife and I each have a cell phone and we pay about $65/month.  I even contest that bill every other month in attempt to bring the rates down cause I long for the days of our $8/month landline and $.70/gallon of gas and $.19/taco on Taco Bell Sundays LOL!!  Unfortunately Sprint tells me that we have the lowest rates possible and because our phones are so dated and plan is so inexpensive it doens't even exist anymore LOL.   I've been trying to convince my wife to opt for a couple of prepaid cell phones for about $40/month.  She ain't havin it just yet LOL.

During that gov. shutdown the news was showing how some people had to go to foodbanks and wait in line for food.  As they scanned the line a boat load of them were heads down browsing on their cells.  It made me furious that I'm supposed to feel sorry for them that they can't eat but they can surf their $300 phone and pay $80 a month for it.  Fuck for $80 you can buy 14 of the Costco Rotisserie chickens.  That is enough to feed 4 people each day.  I bet these people would cut food, clothes, gas etc... way before they even consider cutting their phone.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2013, 12:19:39 PM »
not to be a stick in the mud, but aren't you the guy who is just saying in another thread that you have the lube ready and are ready to masturbate to pictures of girls asses on the internet?

Yes, but I do miss my old Cheri and Hustler mags.  Got to a point where the pages would get sealed together.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2013, 12:20:05 PM »
I just made a grilled cheese sandwich and took a piss.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2013, 12:21:43 PM »
a

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2013, 12:29:54 PM »
  Lakers did not beat the Clippers last year.

Now, the season started with the Lakers blowing out the Clippers with out kobe.

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2013, 12:34:46 PM »

What can I say? Great argument, and I retract my 80 yrs old comment.

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2013, 12:38:13 PM »
During that gov. shutdown the news was showing how some people had to go to foodbanks and wait in line for food.  As they scanned the line a boat load of them were heads down browsing on their cells.  It made me furious that I'm supposed to feel sorry for them that they can't eat but they can surf their $300 phone and pay $80 a month for it.  Fuck for $80 you can buy 14 of the Costco Rotisserie chickens.  That is enough to feed 4 people each day.  I bet these people would cut food, clothes, gas etc... way before they even consider cutting their phone.

Would you cut your phone? My phone is my most important possession and not because of the extra goodies you can do on it. Remember you can also CALL people with it. If I lost my phone, I have no way of communicating with anyone unless I buy a new phone immediately or try to get in touch on facebook and pray they log in to see my message. Maybe they could have cheaper phones with less features, but a phone is essential

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2013, 12:49:52 PM »
Good thread, I left Facebook in 2010 after I split with my wife and decided I didn't want my personal life exposed as a supposed train-wreck to all my work colleagues who were supposedly my "friends" on there. Last thing I needed was to draw attention to myself and wanting to withdraw was all part of the healing process. I don't even think I posted on Getbig for about six months during that time I was getting my life and my head back together. I haven't missed Facebook one little bit and have no desire to expose myself on there even now, even though I've got nothing to be embarrassed or ashamed about. I'm a popular guy and have a small group of good quality friends in real life who've stuck with me through all the shit so I don't feel a great need to have pseudo friends or false popularity on the internet.

As for the smartphone side-thread - I do have one (Samsung Galaxy Note) and it's pretty good, but I bought it as a sim-free handset-only in cash from my savings and it'll be quite a few years before I replace it. Car is all paid for, and I'm now at a stage where I'm paying lump-sums off the mortgage to reduce the capital. Life is good.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2013, 12:51:48 PM »
Would you cut your phone? My phone is my most important possession and not because of the extra goodies you can do on it. Remember you can also CALL people with it. If I lost my phone, I have no way of communicating with anyone unless I buy a new phone immediately or try to get in touch on facebook and pray they log in to see my message. Maybe they could have cheaper phones with less features, but a phone is essential

Are you a doctor so in need of a phone all the time?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2013, 12:52:51 PM »
never had a FB page, never had a smartphone, no longer have cable tv, don't play video games, phone number isn't listed, drive an old truck that's fully paid for, my jeans cost $25 not $250 and I wanna move further away from the city.....gettin on board the Ron Swanson train LOL.
Amish mafia.

BodyMachine

• Getbig III
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2013, 12:53:03 PM »
FB is for queers.  Most fucking annoying site in history.  It is a sounding board for women to post every little shit thing that happens to them because in real life no one wants to listed to them talk.

somewhat true, I think it makes them feel important/noticed at least for the insecure girls and to be honest a good majority of women are. Sad thing is they don't realize they are prey to duche bags on there and FB if full of those, of course they (the girls) fall for it

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2013, 12:57:15 PM »
A lot of victims in this thread apparently had a gun to their head when they were forced to sign up for facebook  :'(

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2013, 01:20:39 PM »
i dont have facebook because i have no friends

and ernestly 99.999% of the people i meet i dont want to be friends with so it's just perfect

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2013, 01:50:10 PM »
I can honestly see the value in FB.  It isn't worthless, but at the same time it ain't fully worth it for me either.   So many that cut the FB cord feel a huge weight lift (bb related). 

It's funny but the addition of DVR tech to everyone's normal cable package seemed wonderful at first, but I became a slave of sorts to it....that's freakin ridiculous.  Now that I'm free of it I'm much happier about it. 

If only wifi was a bit cheaper.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2013, 01:56:02 PM »
I can't go into too many details, otherwise he might be pretty easy to identify - let's just say that there was no fault on my part or my mothers, he just walked out and washed his hands of us.

The plot thickens when you consider what he got an MBE for, and how hypocritical it is that he ignores/ababdoned his son. Trust me, if the truth came out - it would probably make national news, from the sheer hypocrisy alone.

Would be like David Beckham being exposed for stealing footballs from orphans so they couldn't play.

I think there is probably more to the story than he and your mother have told you.
A

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2013, 02:10:38 PM »
I don't have a facebook. Thinking about starting one up to keep in touch with family overseas. I always hear from my mom the latest happenings and drama she read on there. Lots of drama.
A

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2013, 02:18:14 PM »
I don't have a facebook. Thinking about starting one up to keep in touch with family overseas. I always hear from my mom the latest happenings and drama she read on there. Lots of drama.

Why do people think facebook is the only way to keep in touch with others?  Once you join you will enter the land of gimmicks galore.  There are so many bots on that site it is gross.