Author Topic: TNA for sale  (Read 3423 times)

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
Re: TNA for sale
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2013, 07:03:55 PM »
It always pissed me off he would bring in the champions of other territories and force them into mid card status. Always has been an egotistical SOB, but when you have all the power you are afforded that choice i guess.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2013, 06:40:00 AM »
It always pissed me off he would bring in the champions of other territories and force them into mid card status. Always has been an egotistical SOB, but when you have all the power you are afforded that choice i guess.

Foley pitched the idea of a program with him and Vader when both were in WWF around '96. Mick mentioned the brutal matches they'd had together in Japan a few years prior, and also how WCW not surprisingly dropped the ball when both men were there.

Vince liked the idea, but insisted on creating a history in WWF that both men could work from. He just didn't want to give any credit to any other organization.

Look at what Vince did with the top talent from WCW and ECW when he acquired them.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2013, 10:05:40 AM »
 :-\
Great point...
Vince likes to bury anybody he didn't create..
He changes wrestlers names before they come in..
Copyrights the name.. so if they leave.. they start from scratch..
Cant recall who the top wrestler was.. but he stood up to Vince because Vince wanted
his likeness before he would give him a contract extension and he said no to Vince..

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2013, 10:23:21 AM »
:-\
Great point...
Vince likes to bury anybody he didn't create..
He changes wrestlers names before they come in..
Copyrights the name.. so if they leave.. they start from scratch..
Cant recall who the top wrestler was.. but he stood up to Vince because Vince wanted
his likeness before he would give him a contract extension and he said no to Vince..

There were a few guys who were smart and lucky enough to acquire the rights to their names/likeness:

Piper,
Bret,
Bulldogs,
Jesse,
and more, but those are off the top of my head.