Author Topic: Adice from the LAdies please  (Read 7146 times)

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Adice from the LAdies please
« on: March 01, 2013, 09:10:42 AM »
My buddies' wife is a 40 yr old mom of a 5 yr old girl.  For exercise she runs about 6 miles usually three times per week.  She works a desk job 34 hrs per week.  She seems extremely exhausted most of the time.  She has a lot on her plate of course, but she is way more tired than you would expect.  He thinks it may be hormonal, diet, wrong type of exercise or a combination.  She is on the pill and still gets bad cramps, bloating, emotional which I assume means she has a whole lot of estrogen.  What would you suggest to help her naturally balance things out and get her energy level up?  An alternate form of birth control is an option, dietary and exercise changes are options also.  Thanks

lulu

• Getbig III
Re: Adice from the LAdies please
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 09:59:15 AM »
My buddies' wife is a 40 yr old mom of a 5 yr old girl.  For exercise she runs about 6 miles usually three times per week.  She works a desk job 34 hrs per week.  She seems extremely exhausted most of the time.  She has a lot on her plate of course, but she is way more tired than you would expect.  He thinks it may be hormonal, diet, wrong type of exercise or a combination.  She is on the pill and still gets bad cramps, bloating, emotional which I assume means she has a whole lot of estrogen.  What would you suggest to help her naturally balance things out and get her energy level up?  An alternate form of birth control is an option, dietary and exercise changes are options also.  Thanks

The pill is probably throwing off her hormones , whats her diet like ? She needs some weight training (not heavy) in her fitness program and not just the cardio 3 times a week . He has a good idea on her issues and can help her with her diet probably . She just needs to try an alternate birth control to volley her hormones back to normal .

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 11:51:48 AM »
Thanks Lulu....I'll have the diet info soon and prob through  it up here and see what you think.

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 01:11:17 PM »
He says her diet is not bad: high in fruits and veggies, a good amount of healthy fats, but light on protein.  She does not like red meats (other than bacon) so protein is mostly chicken, eggs, yogurt, tofu & some beans.  She probably getting about 50% calories from carbs and seems to crave carbs.  She is 5ft tall and about 115lb.

lulu

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 09:33:41 AM »
He says her diet is not bad: high in fruits and veggies, a good amount of healthy fats, but light on protein.  She does not like red meats (other than bacon) so protein is mostly chicken, eggs, yogurt, tofu & some beans.  She probably getting about 50% calories from carbs and seems to crave carbs.  She is 5ft tall and about 115lb.

Diet looks dandy , her weight is good and as long as she's consuming healthy carbs > Whole Grains , Fruits and Veg , and beans then I'm convinced it's her hormones that are out of whack. Birth control pills do that
Good luck finding a Dr that will work with her to get them back to right
She needs to be vigilant with the care she gets for them now or it will just get worse

Just stopping the pill won't return her hormones back to normal

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 03:24:41 AM »
Thanks for your input Lulu.

lulu

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 07:12:32 AM »
Thanks for your input Lulu.

You're welcome , don't take my word for gospel but hormones at her age and with the pill makes sense to be causing her issue with energy , I bet she has moods as well that make her ( and others ) annoyed.
I wish her the best , if she makes any changes and gets some improvements please share if you can  :)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 11:02:05 AM »
Maybe Princess or lulu or someone can comment on the tofu in that woman's diet?  I think read here something about soy and estrogen and emotions perhaps she should completely cut out the tofu?  I don't know.

Also, there are different versions of the pill...w/different levels of estrogen/progesterone and perhaps she can make and appt. w/her doctor and share her concerns regarding the possible side effects of her current pill.
R

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 06:44:45 PM »
condition = she's a woman.  No need to call House on this.  Prescribe some chocolate, some sex and dump the kid twice a week at a sitters. 

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 06:25:47 AM »
condition = she's a woman.  No need to call House on this.  Prescribe some chocolate, some sex and dump the kid twice a week at a sitters. 

Hmmm  not bad advice actually.
R

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 08:24:07 AM »
sometimes you just have to have an escape form the rigors of life to let your body get back to stasis.  If your ody and mind are having to run at 100% all the time then your systems will be screwed.

lulu

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 04:54:22 AM »
Maybe Princess or lulu or someone can comment on the tofu in that woman's diet?  I think read here something about soy and estrogen and emotions perhaps she should completely cut out the tofu?  I don't know.

Also, there are different versions of the pill...w/different levels of estrogen/progesterone and perhaps she can make and appt. w/her doctor and share her concerns regarding the possible side effects of her current pill.

I will read up on tofu but maybe Princess knows all about it she good about nutrition/food stuff etc.
I know they have different pills and I hope she sees her Dr and it all gets straightened out

Migs has good tips  :)

lulu

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2013, 07:08:58 AM »
I was thinking she should get her thyroid checked also

just because of the monthly issues and lack of energy

it's only a blood test and a good thing to check out

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2013, 07:04:51 PM »
First thing that comes to mind is low iron, esp. if her periods are heavy and doesn't eat red meat.  Has she had her levels checked?  Run of the mill iron supplements are not the way to go (poor absorption).  If necessary, look for a whole food supplement or a health care practitioner who carries Standard Process products.
:

lulu

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2013, 06:39:57 AM »
First thing that comes to mind is low iron, esp. if her periods are heavy and doesn't eat red meat.  Has she had her levels checked?  Run of the mill iron supplements are not the way to go (poor absorption).  If necessary, look for a whole food supplement or a health care practitioner who carries Standard Process products.

:-\

that went right past me , good thinking Princess L !!

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2013, 12:20:25 PM »
I know this is a fairly old thread but just wanted to add one little thing. While I do think Miggs was onto something. My wife sometimes just needs a day off and day when I get up early and do kids and breakfast while mommy sleeps as long as she wants but, we had a couple friends with similar issues and it wasn't at all what we (or docs) thought.

One went to a sleep clinic on advice from a friend and they found she never gets full REM sleep (and he is in fairly good shape so it's not a snoring overweight issue)

The other likes to do her running on forest paths and such and come to find out she had Lyme Disease!!! Doc said she might have gotten it from a tick while out running.

I hope though its been figured out by now and all is good with your friend!

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2013, 12:31:42 PM »
damn right i am right.  all you b*tches need to recognize!  and by bitches I mean all the fine men and women of this board.