Author Topic: Elizabeth Warren Could Threaten Hillary from Left in 2016  (Read 19347 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Elizabeth Warren Could Threaten Hillary from Left in 2016
« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2015, 08:23:56 AM »
So he is as incompetent as a political commentator as he was a surfer?

Outstanding political commentator. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #101 on: January 21, 2015, 09:38:09 PM »
Outstanding political commentator. 

Outstanding means always wrong in your vocabulary.

But we knew that.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: January 22, 2015, 08:32:02 AM »

Outstanding means always wrong in your vocabulary.

But we knew that.

He is almost always spot on.  Great commentator. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #103 on: January 22, 2015, 05:28:04 PM »
He is almost always spot on.  Great commentator. 

Not really:

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: January 22, 2015, 05:54:38 PM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #105 on: January 22, 2015, 05:56:24 PM »
^^^ Did not watch.

youre probably the biggest troll on getbig poli board now

- Formerly the biggest troll on getbig politics board.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: January 22, 2015, 06:03:58 PM »
youre probably the biggest troll on getbig poli board now

- Formerly the biggest troll on getbig politics board.

::)

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #107 on: January 23, 2015, 08:00:26 AM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: January 23, 2015, 08:42:43 AM »

Why not?

Because I have no idea what it is about and didn't want to waste my time? 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #109 on: January 23, 2015, 09:39:50 AM »
Because I have no idea what it is about

Thats why you should watchit. The headline is a hint.

and didn't want to waste my time?

A little late for that.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2015, 12:01:19 PM »
They really have a hard on for this woman.

Elizabeth Warren's Loved By Progressives. But They're Torn On Convincing Her To Run For President.
Posted: 02/23/2015

WASHINGTON -- Four years ago, eyeing a defeat of Scott Brown, the liberal activist group Progressive Change Campaign Committee loudly encouraged Elizabeth Warren to return to Massachusetts and make a run for the Senate. The group raised $100,000 to draft the consumer advocate, which it gave to her the week after she announced her candidacy. From there, it raised more than $1.17 million and made nearly 575,000 get-out-the-vote calls on her behalf.

When she won, the PCCC praised the moment as the dawn of an era of unapologetic progressivism in the Senate.

With the progressive community now trying to convince Warren to run for higher office once more -- this time the White House in 2016 -- one would expect to find PCCC at the vanguard. Instead, it's stayed on the sidelines as two other groups, MoveOn and Democracy for America, have taken the lead of the Run Warren Run campaign.

"We have different strategies," explained Adam Green, PCCC's co-founder. "We do not oppose the Draft Warren campaign. But what we are doing is organizing in early states like New Hampshire and Iowa to incentive all presidential candidates on the Democratic side to endorse and campaign on Elizabeth Warren's agenda."

The prospect of Elizabeth Warren running for the White House has been a quixotic, sometimes confusing element of the pre-primary campaign. The school of thought that holds that such a run would be good for the Democratic Party -- if only to help presumptive nominee Hillary Clinton rid herself of rust -- is overwhelmed by Warren's dutiful insistence that she has no interest.

And yet, the talk persists.

Within the progressive universe, that persistent chatter has begun causing strain. All sides may share the objective of shaping a Democratic Party in Warren's populist, pugnacious image. But as PCCC's distance from the Draft Warren movement suggests, not everyone agrees on the means to get there.

For DFA and MoveOn -- and, more recently, New York’s Working Families Party -- the steps are clear. The groups have raised money, conducted polls, hosted launch events, opened offices, showed up at open house events, and hired staffers in key states with the express purpose of showing Warren that an infrastructure exists should she discover her presidential aspirations.

"We think the stakes are so high that we want to push to get her in this race," said T. Neil Sroka, communications director for Democracy for America.

"The top objective of our campaign that we have been explicit about from the beginning is that this is an earnest effort to get her into the race," said Anna Galland, executive director of MoveOn.org Civic Action, on a recent conference call.

This is a simple, direct goal. And were Warren showing signs of wavering about her next steps, it wouldn't be so controversial. But she's not. And because of that, other progressives look at the moves meant to lift her stature and wonder if they might end up sullying her image.

"What elevates her brand is that she is not a politician but a complete honest broker," said Ari Rabin-Havt, a prominent progressive strategist and Sirius XM host. "They are absolutely, 100 percent conflicting her core message. They are saying she is just a normal politician who will obfuscate when asked whether she would run for president. What makes Elizabeth Warren so great is she will not obfuscate."

At the heart of the dispute over Warren-for-president is a larger worry over the progressive movement's lot in politics in a post-Barack Obama era. Many progressive activists see a Hillary Clinton candidacy left unchallenged as a gateway to their own marginalization, similar to what they felt during her husband's presidency.

But there is also a less overtly stated concern that putting so much hope in Warren could backfire. The struggles to influence Obama during critical moments of his presidency showed the dangers in putting one's proverbial eggs in single basket.

"We have learned that while we can like politicians and support them wholeheartedly, we can not sublimate our brands to them," said Rabin-Havt. "We risk doing that again in this case."

Warren has spoken mostly in generalities about efforts to get her into the 2016 race. A progressive operative with knowledge of the relationship between her and the groups running the Draft Warren effort -- who spoke on condition of anonymity out of concern of hurting professional relationships -- said they have had no communication since those efforts began out of an abundance of legal and political caution.

Among the Senator's allies, however, there are mixed emotions. Few doubt that talk of her running has raised her clout and, in turn, affected everything from budget negotiations, to executive branch nominations, to Clinton's own rhetoric and broader strategic messaging.

"I think our party needs a strong progressive wing," Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y) recently told The Huffington Post. "And in general, not on every issue, the focus on middle-class incomes, people trying to be middle class, and the fact that the system is rigged against the average middle-class person by narrow special interests, emanates from the progressive wing of the party but is something I think the whole party accepts."

"You know," Schumer added, almost as an aside, "Elizabeth Warren and I get along really well."

But Warren allies also share concern about the end game, whenever it may come. Eventually the activists buying, literally, into the proposition that she might run will be told, convincingly, that the run won't happen. No one is entirely sure how that message will be delivered and received.

One progressive operative, who works with Democratic candidates, compared it to the Bush administration's vision for Iraq -- "liberators who don't have an exit strategy" -- while predicting only disheartenment for all involved: "The draft's existence almost assures that Warren will have to endorse Clinton immediately after she launches, squandering much of her ability to pressure Clinton from the left. The basic fundamentals of leverage are being ignored."

For those actually running the Run Warren Run campaign, these aren't just matters of differing strategic visions, they are personal broadsides. Their members, who were polled in advance to see if they supported the effort, aren't fragile flowers. "They are smart enough and savvy enough to know how to deal with the outcome regardless of what it is," said Sroka.

"Either she gets in and we have done exactly what our members wanted to do or she doesn’t and we have built a grassroots movement across the country among people who are committed to the issues that she stands for being front and center of the debate," he said. "It is frustrating some times, that 100 folks who work at progressive organizations and consulting firms don’t seem to get that."

As the sniping over the merits of Draft Warren continues, bits of news about the senator have begun taking on larger, deeper meaning. A private gathering that she had with Hillary Clinton deflates those cheering a presidential campaign. A question she recently took about a White House run rekindles hopes. The methodology of a recent poll about her hypothetical candidacy sparks sharp dispute.

Beyond the progressive activist community, however, many Democrats are moving on. One major donor who fundraised for Warren outside of Massachusetts in 2012 told The Huffington Post that he's lined up with Clinton. And why not? Warren has told everyone she isn't interested. Operatives, meanwhile, marvel that the party's base is more invested in propping up someone with no expressed interest in running than shuffling resources behind a progressive alternative who likely will.

"I don’t think the groups involved in the Draft Warren movement are necessarily thinking out all the consequences of everything they are doing today," said Tad Devine, a longtime strategist for Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), who is poised to run for the White House but not necessarily as a Democrat.

"I’m not trying to be too harsh on them," he added. "I’m trying to be honest about it. They have their agenda. We probably share a lot of the agenda. But you have to recognize that they have their own imperatives as an organization. And organizing around a candidate who happens to be enormously popular brings more people to your cause."

Devine's comments are a more diplomatic version of a criticism that often bubbles below the surface of talk of the Draft Warren effort; mainly that DFA and MoveOn are doing it out of organizational self-interest -- a win-win ploy to promote progressive politics while fattening their email lists.

Were the groups not investing tangible resources into the effort, these charges would stick further. But MoveOn is spending real money ($1 million) and the DFA has pledged $250,000 in addition to hiring three organizers and a state director in New Hampshire. And though they scratch their heads about the methods, even critics don't question the motives.

"I legitimately believe that they are trying to convince Elizabeth Warren to enter the presidential race," said Rabin-Havt. "That said, I can take something at face value and believe it is strategically incoherent and wrong."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/23/elizabeth-warren-progress_n_6731572.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: June 02, 2015, 10:00:42 AM »
I guess they don't want to see a Native American president.

Draft Warren groups to suspend efforts to lure her into 2016 race
Published June 02, 2015
Associated Press

An effort to draft Elizabeth Warren into the 2016 presidential race plans to close up shop next week, acknowledging that the Massachusetts senator will not -- as she has repeatedly said -- seek the Democratic nomination.

MoveOn.org and Democracy for America said Tuesday they plan to suspend their Run Warren Run campaign on June 8. In their last act, they'll deliver a petition to Warren with more than 365,000 signatures urging her to run for president.

The groups said they had already influenced the economic debate in 2016 and want to focus their efforts on working with Warren on issues such as trade, including defeating the effort to give President Obama so-called "fast track" authority to complete the proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal.

"Even without her in the race, Elizabeth Warren and the Run Warren Run campaign she inspired have already transformed the 2016 presidential election by focusing every single Democratic candidate on combating our country's income inequality crisis," said Charles Chamberlain, executive director of Democracy for America.

Some of Warren's followers may back Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, an independent who is seeking the Democratic nomination and has offered an economic agenda in line with Warren's views.

Sanders, who formally launched his campaign last week, has called for a "political revolution" to elevate issues like income inequality, overhauling the campaign finance system and addressing climate change.

Ilya Sheyman, MoveOn's executive director, said the campaign had helped elevate Warren's platform, "an agenda that rejects the rigged status quo in Washington and puts working and middle-class Americans over corporate interests."

The groups said they had held more than 400 events and recruited more than 60 state lawmakers and local party leaders from the early-voting states of Iowa and New Hampshire to join their movement.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/06/02/draft-warren-groups-to-suspend-efforts-to-lure-her-into-2016/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: May 19, 2016, 04:27:17 PM »
LA Times: Warren Could Help Heal Wounded Dems
By Jason Devaney   |    Thursday, 19 May 2016

Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren could serve as a crucial link between Hillary Clinton and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, whose supporters are butting heads as the pair clashes in the race for president.

Warren, according to a Los Angeles Times report, has some pull in the far-left side of the Democratic party, which may suit the Sanders crowd. And her overall popularity within the party can help with Clinton's supporters as the party tries to unite ahead of this summer's convention.

The senator, whose name was briefly thrown around in presidential candidate talk last year, has only served in the Senate since 2013. But she's developed a solid base of support and some Democrats see her as future presidential material.

Now, her role could be split between her duties on Capitol Hill and helping Clinton bring Democrats together as the former first lady nears the presidential nomination. And, assuming Clinton wins the nod, Warren might be able to work together with Sanders on key issues as the party tries to repair a rift caused by the contentious primary season.

"Elizabeth is more focused on the day-to-day policy battles than Bernie is, but yet she will inherit, I think, the political power that Bernie woke up out in the country," an anonymous Warren confidant told the Times.

"Bernie himself will be a much more significant figure on his return to the Senate than he was this term. Assuming they're able to work together at some level, that creates greater power."

Warren has been outspoken about presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump, airing her thoughts about the real estate mogul on Twitter.

Clinton has a strong lead in the primary vote despite Sanders' recent gains.

MSNBC's Joe Scarborough said last week the "entire Democratic party" is rooting for Clinton.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/elizabeth-warren-democrats-hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders/2016/05/19/id/729751/#ixzz499BpHwbS

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: February 06, 2017, 10:44:08 AM »
Pocahantas is good for the Republican Party, but bad for America.  I hope they send her home.

As Warren eyes White House run, Senate race could pose hurdle
By Fred Lucas 
Published February 06, 2017 
FoxNews.com

Liberal icon Elizabeth Warren has emerged as the scourge of the Trump administration, grilling the president’s Cabinet nominees at every chance and coming out against Supreme Court pick Neil Gorsuch within minutes of his nomination.

The moves are what one might expect from a presidential aspirant. But Warren, who is placed in the top tier of likely Democratic 2020 candidates in very-early polls, first has to keep her Massachusetts Senate seat. It’s not a sure thing.

According to a WBUR poll, just 44 percent of state voters think she deserves re-election, while a plurality – 46 percent – believes she doesn’t deserve a second term. Overall, Warren has a 51 percent favorability rating in the deep blue state.

Republicans are ready to pounce – looking not only to reclaim the seat held, briefly, by GOP Sen. Scott Brown, but potentially sideline a future White House contestant.

“She is absolutely vulnerable. When she should be working for the people of the state, she is spending her time antagonizing the president,” Massachusetts Republican state Rep. Geoff Diehl, who is considering a 2018 Senate run, told Fox News. “She might as well be running for chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee.”

Diehl was co-chairman of President Trump’s Bay State campaign last year and gained statewide notoriety in 2014 leading a successful referendum to halt gas tax hikes.

Former Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling, a conservative talk radio host, also is considering running – though how serious, or viable, he is remains unclear. A Suffolk University poll last October found Warren leading Schilling by 58-24 percent.

A UMass Amherst poll last September found Warren would be in a statistical dead heat with either Republican Lt. Gov. Karyn Polito or former Republican Gov. Bill Weld – though it’s unlikely either Polito or Weld would run.

Presuming challengers emerge, an off-year election could be more difficult for Warren, said Donald Brand, a political science professor at the College of the Holy Cross in Worcester.

“Off-year elections are more of a challenge for Democrats nationwide,” Brand said. 

He said he’s not betting against the incumbent, and expects out-of-state money to come to her aid. “Schilling is an iconic sports hero, comparable to Tom Brady, but he would have to be a lot more disciplined to run a viable campaign,” Brand said. “I would anticipate that the Democratic elite nationally would rally to her if it’s a tight race.”

The consequences of a bruising, even losing, Senate race, though, could be profound for her political future. “It would be a national embarrassment if she were defeated. Even if she wins and it’s a close election, she’s much weaker going into 2020,” Brand said. 

A December Public Policy Polling survey of potential Democratic candidates for 2020 found Warren in third place behind former Vice President Joe Biden and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, who ran unsuccessfully against Hillary Clinton for the 2016 nomination. But when Democrats picked a 2020 candidate in a pre-2016 election poll conducted by Politico/Morning Consult, Warren led, beating her closest opponent -- Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine -- by 12 points.

Brand noted that Trump is likely to be unpopular in a state like Massachusetts during the first midterm, which could help Warren, who first won the seat in 2012 by defeating Brown.

Warren continued to frame herself as a fighter in her January re-election announcement. “The people of Massachusetts didn’t send me to Washington to roll over and play dead while Donald Trump and his team of billionaires, bigots and Wall Street bankers crush the working people of our Commonwealth and this country,” Warren’s statement said.

Reached for comment, Warren’s Senate office referred Fox News to the state Democratic Party – which maintained confidence about her chances.

“There are plenty of powerful, corporate interests, rolling in dough, eager to attack Elizabeth Warren, but that’s never stopped her before and it’s not going to stop her now,” party spokeswoman Emily Fitzmaurice said. “More than ever, we need Elizabeth working to level the playing field for the people of Massachusetts and working families all across our country.”

Massachusetts GOP Chairwoman Kirsten Hughes sent a fundraising email highlighting the WBUR poll to assert, “voters are sick of Elizabeth Warren and they want fresh, new leadership. …Voters clearly see that Warren's hyper-partisan, extremist rhetoric does nothing for our state, and serves only to isolate her in D.C.”

Popular Republican Gov. Charlie Baker also is up for re-election next year. So, could a flood of Democratic money in the state for the Warren race actually hurt what could otherwise be an easy race for Baker? Diehl doesn’t think so.

“The people of Massachusetts are very politically attuned and are able to split state and national races,” Diehl said. “At the same time, I think it would benefit the governor to have a strong opponent taking on Elizabeth Warren.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/06/elizabeth-warren-in-political-trouble-in-massachusetts.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #114 on: February 06, 2017, 11:18:22 AM »
She is a raving lunatic

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: February 06, 2017, 11:37:19 AM »
She is a raving lunatic

I cannot imagine a more satisfying feeling than to see Curt Schilling knock out Elizabeth Warren in liberal Mass.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: February 08, 2017, 10:02:47 PM »
Her chance of being POTUS is far less than Hillary's. Already 67 years old and being marginalized in the Senate. Time for the Dems to come up with something other than decrepit old ultra-leftist ex-hippies.