Author Topic: When to take Creatine/glutamine  (Read 2595 times)

Ledd

• Getbig III
When to take Creatine/glutamine
« on: January 03, 2006, 04:19:52 PM »
Hey guys I got some L-Glutamine and some creatine mono today.  The glutamine is in powder form, 5g per serving.  When and how often do you suggest I take them?

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
Re: When to take Creatine/glutamine
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 04:24:11 PM »
with the glutamine it depends how much you can afford, if money is not a big deal than use it three or four times a day, after you wake up, pre-workout, post-workout and before bed, take the creatine pre and post workout,
i think that glutamine is a waste if you're using a good whey protein, IMO.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Blake

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 04:26:54 PM »

Agreed.

Mick33

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 04:36:04 PM »
with the glutamine it depends how much you can afford, if money is not a big deal than use it three or four times a day, after you wake up, pre-workout, post-workout and before bed, take the creatine pre and post workout,

IYO what is a good protein?

Ledd

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 06:26:32 PM »

I am essentially supplement ignorant but I thought that whey is good source of bcaa's, I didnt realize it included glutamine or is glutamine, or becomes or bcaa's become or some complicated bullshit like that.  Why do supps have to be so damned confusing?!

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 07:57:27 AM »
IYO what is a good protein?
i use Optimum Nutrition's 100% Whey, great product, moderately priced, i get 5lbs. for 28 bucks off another website.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006, 07:59:07 AM »
I am essentially supplement ignorant but I thought that whey is good source of bcaa's, I didnt realize it included glutamine or is glutamine, or becomes or bcaa's become or some complicated bullshit like that.  Why do supps have to be so damned confusing?!
a 45 or 50 gram serving of whey protein typically has 8-10 grams of glutamine it also has tons of BCAA's so you don't need either of those products IMO if you're using a good whey protein.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

HickoryStick

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2006, 12:01:27 PM »
i use Optimum Nutrition's 100% Whey, great product, moderately priced, i get 5lbs. for 28 bucks off another website.

Which site?

Brooks

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2006, 01:03:53 PM »
So creatine should only be taken pre and post workout? I've been taking it in the morning and post workout (6pm).

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2006, 01:05:28 PM »
So creatine should only be taken pre and post workout? I've been taking it in the morning and post workout (6pm).
it's best absorbed post workout with some simple carbs, taken pre workout it should help a little bit with weight or a couple more reps.
Jaejonna rows 125!!