Author Topic: Religion, where maybe is good enough  (Read 7755 times)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Re: Religion, where maybe is good enough
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2013, 12:37:46 PM »
Since this is purely hypothetical and not based on the actual theology I would say yes, but the reality is ahmed outright denies these experiences I have professed yet claims none for himself.  

It's the miracle of the Quran itself that provides truth for the Muslim.

Your question is unfortunately flawed because it unknowingly force fits a concept into a faith system that doesn't allow for it from the start.  

I'm no expert on Islam and have only read about half the Quran and a few books about Islam so I invite Muslims to correct me.

Does this mean he can't be overwhelmed by those demonic forces you mentioned?

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2013, 12:40:10 PM »
You would just deny he's having the experience then right?

Here allow me.

Whatever Ahmed is denied, is due to his own denial.  If you don't believe, don't worry about it.  You asked and I have told you.  Don't like the answer?  Nothing I can do about that.

And for the record, I would rather be an Atheist than a Muslim.  In general the former are more humane and less likely to be nut jobs bent upon a "holy war" but the latter I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw them with Coleman's upper body. ;D

One of the finest men I have ever known was an Atheist.  He outright despised Islam for its inhumanity toward man and even more so toward women and children. .  It was he who taught me that all I had to do was compare Jesus and Mohammed to see the differences in the two faiths.

All that Christ did was good.  Never harmed anyone and if the Bible is true, He healed the sick, raised the dead, fed the poor and forgave the sinner.   Mohammed on the other hand was as so many men are. In it for the money.  For property.  For women.  For himself.  

I follow no man save the Christ.  Mohammed was a murdering pedophile. Ahmed may not like the truth but unless you're a worthless Atheist without the testicular fortitude to honestly compare these two men (Jesus and Mohammed) you must surely see the difference in the two.  

What Ahmed is experiencing I want no part of.  As said elsewhere, I could care less if you accept the Christ.  It's your life, not mine.  Being a Christian is not a pre-requisite to friendship.  If you believe that what Jesus said is true, it is necessary for acceptance into His Kingdom.  

Want to be friends?  Great!  If you could care less about that aspect of online camaraderie, then that is fine too.  Again, don't believe? I could are less.  I'm not here to make you "wear shoes".   Neither am I here to lie to  you regarding my faith and I honestly could care less if I "offend" you.  I am smart enough to know that I was created with a mind that is worthy of the Creator.  I can think for myself and choose Christ.  Apparently you have chosen differently.  Your Atheism does me no harm and my faith in the Christ in no way harms you.

Hopefully this makes sense to you as I believe you to be a man of intelligence.  If not, sorry.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2013, 12:42:20 PM »
Sorry, this post slipped by me.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, the best description I can give is that the presence of the spirit of God is often so evident and tangible that the air around me feels almost denser or thicker.  It's as if moving through water, but still not like that LOL.

It's hard to put into words.

But this sounds like it IS from the inside then.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2013, 12:42:56 PM »
Does this mean he can't be overwhelmed by those demonic forces you mentioned?

No, not what I'm saying...didn't mean to suggest that.  

Any of us can be subject to demonic oppression....even believers.   I've experienced it myself within my home for extended periods via an overwhelming and illogical sense of fear.   It grew the more I attempted to share the gospel with those on these boards and to others I know in the non internet world LOL.  

Through the power of prayer it did end.  

The enemy of Christ that rules this earth wants nothing more than every living soul to move away from Christ and life for and claim anything other than Jesus Christ.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2013, 12:48:45 PM »
But this sounds like it IS from the inside then.

Let me put it another way since there isn't a universal experience or formula.  If a blanket is wrapped around you does the blanket come from inside you or outside of you?  If a another person embraces you does that person come from inside you or outside of you?  Of course the blanket or person didn't come out of you LOL.  That's all I'm saying, but it is hard to explain so I don't mind the questions.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2013, 12:52:53 PM »
Let me put it another way since there isn't a universal experience or formula.  If a blanket is wrapped around you does the blanket come from inside you or outside of you?  If a another person embraces you does that person come from inside you or outside of you?  Of course the blanket or person didn't come out of you LOL.  That's all I'm saying, but it is hard to explain so I don't mind the questions.

In the case of your experience, are we referring to something invisible?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2013, 12:56:26 PM »
Here allow me.

Whatever Ahmed is denied, is due to his own denial.  If you don't believe, don't worry about it.  You asked and I have told you.  Don't like the answer?  Nothing I can do about that.

And for the record, I would rather be an Atheist than a Muslim.  In general the former are more humane and less likely to be nut jobs bent upon a "holy war" but the latter I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw them with Coleman's upper body. ;D

One of the finest men I have ever known was an Atheist.  He outright despised Islam for its inhumanity toward man and even more so toward women and children. .  It was he who taught me that all I had to do was compare Jesus and Mohammed to see the differences in the two faiths.

All that Christ did was good.  Never harmed anyone and if the Bible is true, He healed the sick, raised the dead, fed the poor and forgave the sinner.   Mohammed on the other hand was as so many men are. In it for the money.  For property.  For women.  For himself.  

I follow no man save the Christ.  Mohammed was a murdering pedophile. Ahmed may not like the truth but unless you're a worthless Atheist without the testicular fortitude to honestly compare these two men (Jesus and Mohammed) you must surely see the difference in the two.  

What Ahmed is experiencing I want no part of.  As said elsewhere, I could care less if you accept the Christ.  It's your life, not mine.  Being a Christian is not a pre-requisite to friendship.  If you believe that what Jesus said is true, it is necessary for acceptance into His Kingdom.  

Want to be friends?  Great!  If you could care less about that aspect of online camaraderie, then that is fine too.  Again, don't believe? I could are less.  I'm not here to make you "wear shoes".   Neither am I here to lie to  you regarding my faith and I honestly could care less if I "offend" you.  I am smart enough to know that I was created with a mind that is worthy of the Creator.  I can think for myself and choose Christ.  Apparently you have chosen differently.  Your Atheism does me no harm and my faith in the Christ in no way harms you.

Hopefully this makes sense to you as I believe you to be a man of intelligence.  If not, sorry.

Thank you...appreciate it

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2013, 01:00:58 PM »
No, not what I'm saying...didn't mean to suggest that.  

Any of us can be subject to demonic oppression....even believers.   I've experienced it myself within my home for extended periods via an overwhelming and illogical sense of fear.   It grew the more I attempted to share the gospel with those on these boards and to others I know in the non internet world LOL.  

Through the power of prayer it did end.  

The enemy of Christ that rules this earth wants nothing more than every living soul to move away from Christ and life for and claim anything other than Jesus Christ.

A few posts back...when Ahmed affirmed that he believes in God due to experiences in his life...maybe he could explain what he meant...

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2013, 08:15:15 AM »
I dont know if good and evil exist... maybe only the fittest survive, and tell /write a story about who s good and who is evil afterwards. The loser is always evil to the winner.

Fact is there are only people and animals -people being animals- who are adapted, or arent adapted. In other animal species inadapted individuals die. In the human specie we keep them alive because it gives a job, reason to live, salary, to other humans who arent as weak but who arent strong enough either to compete with the strongest above them. In other animal species there is no compassion for the physically weak as he is useless to the survival of others. In humans, even the physically weak can be useful to stronger individuals because of his thoughts , strategies of survival he can teach to younger individuals , or for his /her money which is a strategy , tool for survival. You can see compassion in some other monkey species for example; individuals mourn dying, ill loved ones who helped them survive, gave a meaning to their lives.  They probably only do so because it decreases their own odds of survival; we only care about important people or relatives dying, not about people who arent beneficial to our survival. We humans do the same, we dont care about people we dont know. We ignore them. Which also is a strategy of survival. Ignore, avoid, potential enemies, while sublimating yourself creating stuff, working, to finally dominate them later.

Some people are engeenered to be stronger than others, and others smarter. But we re all fighting for our own peace and tranquility, which often comes at the price of submiting someone else, we re all fighting for ressources, for power, money, for domination. Sometimes people submit , sometimes they dominate, sometimes they cooperate when they have enough shared interests and fighting would lead to mutual destruction, and sometimes they flee. All lifeforms, everything that exist, animals and plants , microscopic cells or heavy objects in space are ruled by these very simple rules.

Now everyone thinks he deserves this or that, everyone thinks he s the best and deserve it, and everyone is born different, inequal, with less or more strenghts than others. And we re all trying to adapt to survive, picking one the aforementioned main strategies of survival depending of the random threat we re facing. Life is basically a succession of threats you have to adapt to until you cant anymore. We also all try to learn from others their best strategies of survival in order to integrate them in our own panel of strategies of survival to increase our odds of survival. You can learn from books -people wrote to make a living; they shared the strategies of survival they found in order to get paid for what they discovered, it's a way to sublimate yourself- or from listening to, observing others. We all calculate each others strenghts and weaknesses in order to know how to approach -dominate, get the most while giving the less in order to preserve our limited amount of energy- each others. Can ultimate peace be found? Only if you are constantly dominant; and only rich and powerful people are "always happy" as they can control others and not feel frustration having submited everyone else. Also when you earn something you spend the rest of your life to defend it.
I think happiness is linked to control, domination, submission -to people we know for certain wont hurt us- cooperation and failing, fleeing to find the place and the people who will all fit in the picture. A mix of it all, all the pros without the cons. Considering you cant dominate in all aspects of life, you need some things you master, you need to submit to someone, and you need to cooperate, and who never fled , failed? Hapiness is probably finding "it all" the quickest, and then do something positive about it all in return. There is a need to fit and produce for society even if you re confortable in your little warm place.
I m also convinced this little warm spot, your piece of heaven in hell, can only be built by heterosexual and willing to have kids couples. There are homosexual and heterosexual couples with or without kids but they are wrong. Their kids are going to be fucked up. The best scenario is a man and woman who are humble and live in a calm warm spot where they raise happy kids who will once adults reproduce this scheme. It's important tho that they must not have too much money and be self sufficient.

Big dumb people hate short smart people, short small people get smarter to survive and avoid the fists of the big bullies, or take steroids until they destroy themselves, women want to take over men and men want to take over women, kids want to take over parents and parents want to take over kids... and we re all either unilaterally trying to dominate other, or we submit to them for a moment or definitely, or we flee, or we cooperate. Cooperation works as long as the mutual exchange of ressources to insure each other odds of survival is balanced. When one gives more than he receives, it will create tensions and if it isnt balanced, corrected, the other will take over.

Also any force that doesnt meet a wall obstacle or counter force, will keep flowing freely.

My mother used to tell me "folly, madness, is destruction". The problem with her saying was that, sometimes you have to destroy to defend yourself, or you re going to get destroyed. But maybe there s a difference between destruction, and defense, maybe there s using violence to destroy blindly, and strenght to...defend, protect, build.

But it would mean....there s a good and evil and most importantly... That there indeed is a God as a result. I believe Christianity is the real, right and only true religion. Everything else will fail.

I dont hate all people. I hate people who are strong with the weak, and weak with the strong. And i love people who are strong with the strong, and weak with the weak.

I give my total and unconditional allegiance to God the One and only One, Who is, Life itself. May He spare my life, save me, and grant me -my genes- eternal life. May he read into my thoughts and show me the light. May he allow me to do justice. He will do so, only if I listen to Him , never abandon, forget Him, and never submit to the wicked nor become like him.

Only someone who has a deep understanding and respect of life , know death, nihilism, destruction but didnt fall for it, resisted it, does his best to avoid, fight it with all means necessary, can preserve it, reverse engineer it and re create it. But you also have to be part of life, to have kids, to fully understand its meaning.

Dumb, ignorant people who have a superficial understanding of life dont care about the future, and are only focused on the present. They kill without a second thought anything that threaten their domination. They only care about themselves. They believe money, power, lead the world and life in general. They are not, humans. They are animals who pretend to be humans. Being human is, something else.

I am not a jew, I am not a christian, I am not a protestant, I am not a catholic, I am not an atheist, I am not an indian, I am not a buddhist, I am not a confucian, I am not a muslim.
I am not God.
I am just a man.
Who tries to understand what is good and evil, and who is scared of death and dont want it to win. I can merely fight it with my fists, a knife, would probably do better with a rifle. But again, not alone. I fight death with my thoughts. A doctor, scientist, atheist, would probably call such a text a perfect example of a schizophrenic/ bipolar/ paranoid /autistic/ obsessive/compulsive (strike out the useless mention) mania provoked by intense daily stress that should require an immediate internment and the administration of magic pills. All these people would make a living out of people like me. Now a religious people would probably understand what I'm saying differently too. A depressed atheist would probably be transported by it , follow it, and be as lost as I am in the end. As a result I would be his, her leader, and his, her destination would be in my hands.

Only the love for and from my family helps me get thru it each and every single day. It's my natural antidepressant, the problem is that my will power, will to live, will to dominate, to play the game diminishes every single day a little more. Unemployment doesnt help, society doesnt need me, doesnt wait for me, and i dont have the stamina, energy, anymore to face the younger, stronger, "smarter" competition. I love my daughter, but everyday that passes, i realize raising her, is telling her to kill instead of being killed. To be strong, to be smart, to survive at all costs, even if at the detriment of someone else. I will have to teach her to ignore, to dominate, to seduce. To play the game with a full deck of cards so she can do "better" than me.
It would be my way of playing the game thru her , a game i was never taught by my father who regret having given birth to me, regret his own life even if he s hooked on it -in fact he s hooked on sex with two or three lonely ugly women who failed past  relationships just like him, that's his only motivation to stay alive, he does nothing of his days, only focus on the pleasure of food and sex while using his brains to stay on welfare as much as he can while parasiting (taking more than he gives-working women- I only survived thank to because of what my mother left me with. My step father was fat and loved our mother, but not me nor my bigger brother. We werent his kids, his own blood. I have been exposed to him for years, to a non loving father who think life "is dumb", to a mother on anti depressants who had a great career but is single, lonely, ugly, and who now pay a psychanalyst to still talk to a man... Her own mother hated her and prefered her other sister. Funny how everyone's past cross each other's, we re blindly reproducing stuff over and over again. Strategies of survival. It keeps going on and on and on, lifeforms win, feel good, lose, feel bad; some animals have what it takes to feel, others dont, depend of their brain, neural  development. Over and over and over again. Lots of suicidal, adulterous, depressed deep thinkers in my ancestors. Im just their sum, the physical, psychological, sum of who they were. They mixed with other people. I inherited it all, and just like them I didnt choose to be spawned by them, and all I'm left with to play the game is their strategies of survival stored, recorded into my genes. Oh, education, the stuff i learned, read, acquired strategies of survival have their importance. Just like the love I received, and didnt receive, has its. A mix of all of this.

I'm conditioned, programmed, to suffer. I could work again, dominate, kill, erase, manipulate people daily 8 hours a day. It s an anti depressant. Use your strenghts to kill instead of being killed. I could steal, rob, murder -notice the difference between murder and killing; you kill to survive, you murder when it's not necessary- take drugs, go from a young naive woman to another using my physical appearance to survive. I could use my brains to study and dominate, or to create stuff that would motivate other people to want to live. Telling them tales, writing, drawing unreal, strong characters they would model their own character after.
Do something. play the game. Be part of it. Contribute. Again. It would automatically acts as a "natural" anti depressant, would produce dopamine, serotonin in my brain, that's just the way it is designed, wired by blind, random, unfair evolution, or by a superior power.

The problem is, i dont want to hurt, I dont want to suffer, I dont have the strenght, the stamina, anymore. Probably what happen when you re raised by a single woman, exposed mostly to females constantly. You become weak...feminine, gay? Still Im a god in bed and i love fucking my wife, and if find women beautiful -i completely abandonned the desire to fuck them tho, as i realized i couldt raise several offspring with several different women so now i just find them beautiful, and tell my wife what i like in them and she tries her best to ressemble it-
 Maybe I should try that path, maybe that's my place, bisexuality, homosexuality. The problem is that most gays dont reproduce, some do, some dont. It's a problem because it's nihilistic. Most just use frantically use sex often with different partners as their main anti depressant, most are very intelligent, sensible, deep , productive artists. They are often rich and have a deep influence on society. Some think they are the future, some think they are just as absurd, and vain lifeforms, as heterosexuals.

I dont know. Maybe we are just animals who simply adapt to the environment that life's randomness  expose them to. Lack of trustable, confident, stable family doesnt help. People coming from stable families simply follow what their caregivers tell them to do. Everyone is playing the game his, her best. Whatever your skin color, beliefs, philosophy, religion. All races have their poors, their riches, their alphas and betas. We are all the fucking same. Animals. Trapped in the same game which rules never change. Some say knowledge is power. I have understood everything there is to understand because for some reason i'm am incredibly intelligent -intelligence being the way one observe, analyze and explain, order and expose what he understands- but I am also incredibly unhappy. Old people who were busy all life long playing the gaes blindly, following various influences from various people they ve been randomly exposed to come to the same conclusion as me. One day they re retired, they have all the time to look at life from outside, observe it, understand it more and more each day.
Im 30 and have the knowledge of a 80 y/o. I probably didnt understand everything yet. Is coming to the conclusion life is absurd, really "understanding it" ?
Maybe I am a sinner, my father always told me he was lazy and regretted it. But it's not that he was lazy, it's just that...just like me, he was abandoned by his own father. He had no confidence in himself, he built none, and had none to give. His father was violent and drank with him too. I understood and pardoned him after meeting with him. He s a cynical, bitter hateful, nihilistic scornful man who pretends to be tough but who gets more and more pathetic as he ages. As nihilistic as he is tho, he keeps hooked on women and welfare tho. Do I understand him, believe him, am convinced by him, am i following in his footsteps. Problem is, what he says, makes sense. The ultimate irony is probably that even if separated, both He and my mother end lonely, and saying the same things about life.

Im just trying to hold the fuck on. Im trying to fucking understand.

The funny thing is, that being the depressed man trying to find his niche, I'm filling a place, a role, that's probably who I am.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2013, 09:19:13 AM »
I dont know if good and evil exist... maybe only the fittest survive, and tell /write a story about who s good and who is evil afterwards. The loser is always evil.

Fact is there are only people and animals -people being animals- who are adapted, or arent adapted. In other animal species inadapted individuals die. In the human specie we keep them alive because it gives a job, reason to live, salary, to other humans who arent as weak but who arent strong either. In other animal species there is no compassion for the physically weak as he is useless to the survival of others. In humans, even the physically weak can be useful to stronger individuals because of his thoughts , strategies of survival he can teach to younger individuals , or for his /her money which is a strategy , tool for survival. You can see compassion in some other monkey species for example; individuals mourn dying, ill loved ones who helped them survive, gave a meaning to their lives.  They probably only do so because it decreases their own odds of survival; we only care about important people or relatives dying, not about people who arent beneficial to our survival. We humans do the same, we dont care about people we dont know. We ignore them. Which also is a strategy of survival. Ignore, avoid, potential enemies, while sublimating yourself creating stuff, working, to finally dominate them later.

Some people are engeenered to be stronger than others, and others smarter. But we re all fighting for our own peace and tranquility, which often comes at the price of submiting someone else, we re all fighting for ressources, for power, money, for domination. Sometimes people submit , sometimes they dominate, sometimes they cooperate when they have enough shared interests and fighting would lead to mutual destruction, and sometimes they flee. All lifeforms, everything that exist, animals and plants , microscopic cells or heavy objects in space are ruled by these very simple rules.

Now everyone thinks he deserves this or that, everyone thinks he s the best and deserve it, and everyone is born different, inequal, with less or more strenghts than others. And we re all trying to adapt to survive, picking one the aforementioned main strategies of survival depending of the random threat we re facing. Life is basically a succession of threats you have to adapt to until you cant anymore. We also all try to learn from others their best strategies of survival in order to integrate them in our own panel of strategies of survival to increase our odds of survival. You can learn from books -people wrote to make a living; they shared the strategies of survival they found in order to get paid for what they discovered, it's a way to sublimate yourself- or from listening to, observing others. We all calculate each others strenghts and weaknesses in order to know how to approach -dominate, get the most while giving the less in order to preserve our limited amount of energy- each others. Can ultimate peace found? Only if you are constantly dominant; and only rich and powerful people are "always happy" as they can control others and not feel frustration having submited everyone else. Also when you earn something you spend the rest of your life to defend it.
I think happiness is linked to control, domination, submission -to people we know for certain wont hurt us- cooperation and failing, fleeing to find the place and the people who will all fit in the picture. A mix of it all, all the pros without the cons. Considering you cant dominate in all aspects of life, you need some things you master, you need to submit to someone, and you need to cooperate, and who never fled , failed? Hapiness is probably finding "it all" the quickest, and then do something positive about it all in return. There is a need to fit and produce for society even if you re confortable in your little warm place.
I m also convinced this little warm spot, your piece of heaven in hell, can only be built by heterosexual and willing to have kids couples. There are homosexual and heterosexual couples with or without kids but they are wrong. Their kids are going to be fucked up. The best scenario is a man and woman who are humble and live in a calm warm spot where they raise happy kids who will once adults reproduce this scheme. It's important tho that they must not have too much money and be self sufficient.

Big dumb people hate short smart people, short small people get smarter to survive and avoid the fists of the big bullies, or take steroids until they destroy themselves, women want to take over men and men want to take over women, kids want to take over parents and parents want to take over kids... and we re all either unilaterally trying to dominate other, or we submit to them for a moment or definitely, or we flee, or we cooperate. Cooperation works as long as the mutual exchange of ressources to insure each other odds of survival is balanced. When one gives more than he receives, it will create tensions and if it isnt balanced, corrected, the other will take over.

Also any force that doesnt meet a wall obstacle our counter force, will keep flowing freely.

My mother used to tell me "folly, madness, is destruction". The problem with her saying was that, sometimes you have to destroy to defend yourself, or you re going to get destroyed. But maybe there s a difference between destruction, and defense, maybe there using violence to destroy, and strenght to...defend, protect, build.

But it would mean....there s a good and evil and most importantly... That there indeed is a God as a result. I believe Christianity is the real, right and only true religion. Everything else will fail.

I dont hate all people. I hate people who are strong with the weak, and weak with the strong. And i love people who are strong with the strong, and weak with the weak.

I give my total and unconditional allegiance to God the One and only One, Who is, Life itself. May He spare my life, save me, and grant me -my genes- eternal life. May he read into my thoughts and show me the light. May he allow me to do justice. He will do so, only if I listen to Him , never abandon, forget Him, and never submit to the wicked nor become like him.

Only someone who has a deep understanding and respect of life , know death, nihilism, destruction but didnt fall for it, resisted it, does his best to avoid, fight it with all means necessary, can preserve it, reverse engineer it and re create it. But you also have to be part of life, to have kids, to fully understand its meaning.

Dumb, ignorant people who have a superficial understanding of life dont care about the future, and are only focused on the present. They kill without a second thought anything that threaten their domination. They only care about themselves. They believe money, power, lead the world and life in general. They are not, humans. They are animals who pretend to be humans. Being human is, something else.

I am not a jew, I am not a christian, I am not a protestant, I am not a catholic, I am not an atheist, I am not an indian, I am not a buddhist, I am not a confucian, I am not a muslim.
I am not God.
I am just a man who tries to understand what is good and evil, and who is scared of death and dont want it to win. I can merely fight it with my fists, a knife, would probably do better with a rifle. But again, not alone. I fight death with my thoughts.

Thank you.  Post again.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2013, 09:23:16 AM »
Actually there's a lot of evidence.  There's even testable, repeatable proof.   Faith is absolutely a part of belief, but it's not generically blind like so many label it....there's full assurance in faith.   Faith isn't ignorantly unsupported, it grows and matures and solidifies. 

So many demand proof for an infinite, transcendant God via finite, scientific methods.   The demands are illogical from the start.....you can't force the creator into a box created by his creation.  To understand God means submitting to his terms and forgoing your own.....many people refuse to do that.....I can't force anyone to change.   They have to honestly want to change.....only then they can be encouraged and assisted.

No, there is no testable, repeatable proof that a God exists. Stop making up lies to support your faith.

Any type of testable, repeatable proof you have is in the form of a subjective experience. That is only proof that a God exists to YOU. Its not an objective truth, like gravity, etc.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2013, 09:28:13 AM »
MOS, has an answer for everything. Unfortunately, the answers are the same old bullshit answers that have been espoused by crazy religions beliefs for quite some time. Yes, sin, blah, blah, blah. Yes, free will, blah, blah, blah.

I mean, how can anyone take 99% of the stuff he says seriously?  :-\ :-\ :-\
X

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2013, 10:26:57 AM »

No, there is no testable, repeatable proof that a God exists. Stop making up lies to support your faith.

Any type of testable, repeatable proof you have is in the form of a subjective experience. That is only proof that a God exists to YOU. Its not an objective truth, like gravity, etc.
But...why does it HAVE to be proved, testable. Cannot it be true, even if not proven?  Isnt it proven everyday that people survive because someone else love them, even if everyone else hate them? Just like every single life form need other lifeforms to exist ? Would dogs create gods? A canine god? They dont have our prefrontal lobes, just a reptilian base and a limbic system. Only we humans with our prefrontal lobes can come to the conclusion there is a God. But again, maybe it's just anthromorphism; we think there is a father in the sky who tells us how to be a man or woman because we had a father and he told us how to be a man or woman. What if we re just a mistake of evolution, that will be randomly corrected/erased if it cannot adapt. One thing is sure, believing in nothing, in absurdity, is fucking killing me and makes me want to kill, murder others.

Also when you thin about it, fleeing can be a way to put yourself in safety to dominate -or submit, cooperate- later if you re in danger of being dominated unfairly, enslaved or killed by someone who thinks differently and has power. You can also submit to someone and slowly grow into dominating him without him or her noticing. Submiting sometimes allow you to learn things -authority authorizes you to do something, it does not just prevent you from doing other things- too.  

Finally, it is a proven fact that...Faith exists.

Now is faith good, or evil? Depends of the faith you believe in ! Amd often believing in one means being at war with the others! It is good if it encourages life to continue, perpetuate itself, and it is bad if you come to the conclusion it is absurd, a constant blind unfair butchery where only the strongest has "fun".
Aids is "not good" as it kills. Alcohol is not good if you abuse it, can be an anti depressant if used carefully, just like other drugs. Faith is good as it helps people live. People who have a different faith tho are evil, as a faith is automatically in contradiction with another faith and they both fight each others one way or another, it cannot be otherwise, because any force is always acting against a counter force following universal rules.

Isnt the real question to know if ...life itself is good, or evil. Maybe life is evil? I mean, it's only about struggling, deception. The most pure, so called honorable things are often not what they seem to be when you understand the real mechanisms at work in the background.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2013, 11:05:33 AM »
What if it was just a question of marketing?  Like can you spare a minute?  Do you prefer the New & Improved Testament?  Or Testament Classic?

No one has ever run anyone else through with a big sword at a taste test in a mall.  I guess Islam would be like RC.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: November 16, 2013, 11:12:57 AM »
Also how comes we cant help everyone? I know i could help fat people, ugly people, get in shape, improve their looks, dumb people to get smarter, but i am powerless, it convinces me of the absurdity of life, as if wanting to create heaven on earth was scientifically, mathematically impossible. What about when you want to help someone but they backstab you?
Often when i see a fat or skinny fat woman i could help i wonder what if she falls in love with me? And isnt my will to help her a secrete, deeper desire to cheat on my wife instead? It's as if everything forced you to care, focus, only on your close relatives, family, first and foremost to reach perfection, as if extending your will to do good to others people was intrinsically impossible and unpure.

I came to the conclusion that to do good for others is pointless, fake, that it's my desire to make myself feel good that is my sole motivation. That Good somehow doesnt really exist, and that only evil exists. Is evil, evil?
Maybe it's good? Maybe good is evil ? maybe it's a lie , an illusion and heaven is to die, kill yourself.

We are coming from nowhere, we are going nowhere, and anyway, there is no need to come or go anywhere. We are probably a mistake of evolution that is going nowhere. Well, some will survive, will adapt, they ll be less smart, more faithful, i dont know, and they ll survive as being a smart atheist automatically leads you to stop reproducing and wanting to live if you really think about it. The old depressed west is dying. Its kids kill themselves, swimming into material goods. The...confucian, indian, buddhist, christian and muslim believers from the third world slowly but surely replace them both in north america, europe, russia, australia at the same time. As they live as occidentals, they will also probably slowly abandon their beliefs and become atheists, and stop reproducing and wanting to live too. Then we will disapear, probably way before any cataclysmic random event wipes us out of the surface of that stupid rock. We re just a dumb lifeform that s doomed to extinction just like every other lifeforms.
MAybe there is a need to be happy to make good use of your brains, and im simply condemned to be unhappy with my brain cause i wasnt loved and dont believe in bettering myself, bettering others. Why am i ashamed to teach my daughter how to survive? I feel weird when i teach her stuff. I feel good, and evil at the same time. Why cant i simply be happy like most people? Do we really teach our kids to kill, to dominate? My own father when i spent time with him covinced me teaching is bad, that we only teach to kill. And that we only learn to kill, and dominate. Is this the truth?

I mean Im teaching my daughter to adapt to survive. Which means when to dominate -the benevolent way, showing example , being tolerant but not naive; to do so requires beliefs, values whatever their origin- when to submit -at school, let people who are better than her do things she cant do, in the interest of the group , not let her ego go in the way- when to cooperate, when to flee, when to ignore. She will need me for decades. My father somewhat convinced me i am a monster to want to live, because life is ugly, worthless. Then why is he still hanging on then? What an egocentrical self centered hypocrit.

Becareful who you listen to people. And make sure you know who they are listening to... As in any relationship someone is killing toughts in your mind, and planting new seeds or nurturing other he or she already planted there. You re also modifying the other persons thoughts. "Dont play with a young girl's heart" as michael jackson would say. I have believed in an atheist interpretation of buddhism after reading "the art of hapiness" as a teen, written by howard cutler and the dalai lama. I read it, cause my parents, step father, brother who left, all left me alone and were killing me. I found something that gave a meaning to my life. I believed for years the point of life was happiness. So without any second thoughts, i integrated all these principles, which replaced old ones, it often also simply put new ones where there was nothing. Everyone who was suposed to help me abandonned me at that time. My mother told me that as a teen i was rebelling against her and my step father, wasnt able to find success or a way to sublimate myself at school, in studies. I was always preoccupied, looking outside thru the windows, ironically mocking professors and the "tough guys" who as a result felt threatened and bullied me.
Anyway at some point i found that book , found the dalai lama interesting after seeing him on TV doing an interview. I bought the book, my mom thought it was better that nothing, normal for a teen. Then I left, she put me in an appartment cause i couldnt stay at home and i grew bigger . I didnt talk to my step father anymore so i had to go. I spent three years doing nothing in that appartment, but reading and playing video games, and, lifting weights. As i mentionned it earlier in another thread, my brother discovered weightlifting/bodybuilding/physical conditioning and left a dumbell at my parents house once. When nobody was home and i was skipping school, i started lifting the weight, thinking it was cool. Just like a monkey discovering a wood stick and suddenly, progressively realizing it could become a weapon, i started to realize it was getting me strong, bigger , and the anti depressant effect on my brain -wasnt aware, able, to understand any of these concepts at the time, it was entirely subconscious, only now do i understand what happened- got me hooked, addicted. I bought myself a computer too, and started doing music -both mother and father were into music, when they dated she was a singer, he was a drummer/guitarist/bassist, in the 70/80s- with lame ass music making softwares. At the time everything flowed freely, just programmed strategies of survival -making music is a strategy of survival to sublimate yourself and get attention from other, in fact everything that exists is strategy of survival, or it wouldnt exist-  stored in my genes automatically set off by random events and opportunities in my close environment without me choosing anything. It was exciting, but, there was nobody to accompany, follow, motivate me. I was always alone. Constantly. So after a while i always abandoned everything i started, music, drawing, also my mother step father brother and father constantly played mind games around me and blindly used me depending of the day of the week to pressure others. I was cut from most people of my age at school , cause i always irritated the bullies pointing at how the manipulated others using violence and as result they always isolated me and other people would abandon me too fearing to become scapegoats just like me if associating with me.

I finally was put in an appartment, with a computer, an internet connexion (56k!). It was in the 2000s. 1999 If i remember correctly. I discovered porn, online video games, and my mother gave me money for doing nothing. My brother was sutdying and living near my appartment in his own. He and my mother were wondering what to do with me. I rejected my mother strongly at that time. I told her to get out of my fucking head. After reading the art of hapiness i realized there were good and bad thoughts going into my mind and that i had to select the good ones and prevent the bad ones from getting in. I started out of the blue to do websites using html. Brother gave me hints as he realized his diplomas were useless and he wanted to work in IT. Just as usual, everything he showed me, i got into it, and got quicker and better at it than him, which always frustrated him. At some point he stopped doing tho, probably he was jealous. So i was there, listening to music, buying food, playing video games, surfing, lifting weights, learning about it online -bb.com!- at the time i wasnt able to speak english. Only french. I also constantly got harassed by muslim bullies cause my apartment complex was in one of the no go zone/gettho of paris shittiest suburb. Just like i rebelled againt my parents, my brother, bullies at school, i started to rebel against thugs, but as i soon figured out , it could cost me my life. I kept lifting got bigger, did creatine, religously ate and lifted. I was building myself. I was existing. Living, dominating, adapting. Probably the best period of my life. Why the best, the happiest? because everything was subconscious. I was an animal who wasnt aware, conscious, of being an animal. I found a job after my brother told me my mother was REALLY REALLY scared that i was apparently doing nothing and not giving a fuck about it. They also both suggested me to not end like...my father. It was very ambiguous because my brother played a double game, listening to my mother, then to my father, then to me, often seeking advices from...me his younger brother. He was studying, but he has always been a follower, not a leader. And he loved me but also hated me, for that so i had to take everything he gave me with great care, just like i had to do with my mother and father. Fact is they were and still are lost but noone will admit it. I was selecting the influences primarily using the principles, values, filters found in that book, the art of hapiness by howard cutler. And it worked just fine. I finally found a job as an webmaster in a big corporation. It was the time of the internet start ups -9 out of 10 died since then- the internet bubble etc. I did a bullshit certification part time, while working mostof the time for the company and being peanuts. Fact is, i wasnt really working, mostly surfing 80% of the time. There were conflicts in the hierarchy, in fact i only been recruited for obscure reasons. That was my first work experience. I made a great friend; he was 2 years older than me, reminded me of my relationship with my older brother. We played games, i was the wise naive guy with big biceps who never cared really too much about anything and enjoyed most of life. One day I was sick of jerking off porn and decided i wanted the real thing. I had built a physique, i was proud of me, took greater care of my apperance with the help of my bigger brother, i felt confidant enough to fuck for real. And i was sick of being alone. At the time the online chats were the rage, and i seduced an imigrant morocan woman older than me -i was 17 she was 24-

TBC

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #90 on: November 16, 2013, 11:28:20 AM »
I dont know if good and evil exist... maybe only the fittest survive, and tell /write a story about who s good and who is evil afterwards. The loser is always evil to the winner.

Fact is there are only people and animals -people being animals- who are adapted, or arent adapted. In other animal species inadapted individuals die. In the human specie we keep them alive because it gives a job, reason to live, salary, to other humans who arent as weak but who arent strong enough either to compete with the strongest above them. In other animal species there is no compassion for the physically weak as he is useless to the survival of others. In humans, even the physically weak can be useful to stronger individuals because of his thoughts , strategies of survival he can teach to younger individuals , or for his /her money which is a strategy , tool for survival. You can see compassion in some other monkey species for example; individuals mourn dying, ill loved ones who helped them survive, gave a meaning to their lives.  They probably only do so because it decreases their own odds of survival; we only care about important people or relatives dying, not about people who arent beneficial to our survival. We humans do the same, we dont care about people we dont know. We ignore them. Which also is a strategy of survival. Ignore, avoid, potential enemies, while sublimating yourself creating stuff, working, to finally dominate them later.

Now everyone thinks he deserves this or that, everyone thinks he s the best and deserve it, and everyone is born different, inequal, with less or more strenghts than others. And we re all trying to adapt to survive, picking one the aforementioned main strategies of survival depending of the random threat we re facing. Life is basically a succession of threats you have to adapt to until you cant anymore. We also all try to learn from others their best strategies of survival in order to integrate them in our own panel of strategies of survival to increase our odds of survival. You can learn from books -people wrote to make a living; they shared the strategies of survival they found in order to get paid for what they discovered, it's a way to sublimate yourself- or from listening to, observing others. We all calculate each others strenghts and weaknesses in order to know how to approach -dominate, get the most while giving the less in order to preserve our limited amount of energy- each others. Can ultimate peace be found? Only if you are constantly dominant; and only rich and powerful people are "always happy" as they can control others and not feel frustration having submited everyone else. Also when you earn something you spend the rest of your life to defend it.

Also any force that doesnt meet a wall obstacle or counter force, will keep flowing freely.

My mother used to tell me "folly, madness, is destruction". The problem with her saying was that, sometimes you have to destroy to defend yourself, or you re going to get destroyed. But maybe there s a difference between destruction, and defense, maybe there s using violence to destroy blindly, and strenght to...defend, protect, build.

I am not God.
I am just a man.
Who tries to understand what is good and evil, and who is scared of death and dont want it to win. I can merely fight it with my fists, a knife, would probably do better with a rifle. But again, not alone. I fight death with my thoughts. A doctor, scientist, atheist, would probably call such a text a perfect example of a schizophrenic/ bipolar/ paranoid /autistic/ obsessive/compulsive (strike out the useless mention) mania provoked by intense daily stress that should require an immediate internment and the administration of magic pills. All these people would make a living out of people like me. Now a religious people would probably understand what I'm saying differently too. A depressed atheist would probably be transported by it , follow it, and be as lost as I am in the end. As a result I would be his, her leader, and his, her destination would be in my hands.

Only the love for and from my family helps me get thru it each and every single day. It's my natural antidepressant, the problem is that my will power, will to live, will to dominate, to play the game diminishes every single day a little more. Unemployment doesnt help, society doesnt need me, doesnt wait for me, and i dont have the stamina, energy, anymore to face the younger, stronger, "smarter" competition. I love my daughter, but everyday that passes, i realize raising her, is telling her to kill instead of being killed. To be strong, to be smart, to survive at all costs, even if at the detriment of someone else. I will have to teach her to ignore, to dominate, to seduce. To play the game with a full deck of cards so she can do "better" than me.
It would be my way of playing the game thru her , a game i was never taught by my father who regret having given birth to me, regret his own life even if he s hooked on it -in fact he s hooked on sex with two or three lonely ugly women who failed past  relationships just like him, that's his only motivation to stay alive, he does nothing of his days, only focus on the pleasure of food and sex while using his brains to stay on welfare as much as he can while parasiting (taking more than he gives-working women- I only survived thank to because of what my mother left me with. My step father was fat and loved our mother, but not me nor my bigger brother. We werent his kids, his own blood. I have been exposed to him for years, to a non loving father who think life "is dumb", to a mother on anti depressants who had a great career but is single, lonely, ugly, and who now pay a psychanalyst to still talk to a man... Her own mother hated her and prefered her other sister. Funny how everyone's past cross each other's, we re blindly reproducing stuff over and over again. Strategies of survival. It keeps going on and on and on, lifeforms win, feel good, lose, feel bad; some animals have what it takes to feel, others dont, depend of their brain, neural  development. Over and over and over again. Lots of suicidal, adulterous, depressed deep thinkers in my ancestors. Im just their sum, the physical, psychological, sum of who they were. They mixed with other people. I inherited it all, and just like them I didnt choose to be spawned by them, and all I'm left with to play the game is their strategies of survival stored, recorded into my genes. Oh, education, the stuff i learned, read, acquired strategies of survival have their importance. Just like the love I received, and didnt receive, has its. A mix of all of this.

I'm conditioned, programmed, to suffer. I could work again, dominate, kill, erase, manipulate people daily 8 hours a day. It s an anti depressant. Use your strenghts to kill instead of being killed. I could steal, rob, murder -notice the difference between murder and killing; you kill to survive, you murder when it's not necessary- take drugs, go from a young naive woman to another using my physical appearance to survive. I could use my brains to study and dominate, or to create stuff that would motivate other people to want to live. Telling them tales, writing, drawing unreal, strong characters they would model their own character after.
Do something. play the game. Be part of it. Contribute. Again. It would automatically acts as a "natural" anti depressant, would produce dopamine, serotonin in my brain, that's just the way it is designed, wired by blind, random, unfair evolution, or by a superior power.

The problem is, i dont want to hurt, I dont want to suffer, I dont have the strenght, the stamina, anymore. Probably what happen when you re raised by a single woman, exposed mostly to females constantly. You become weak...feminine, gay? Still Im a god in bed and i love fucking my wife, and if find women beautiful -i completely abandonned the desire to fuck them tho, as i realized i couldt raise several offspring with several different women so now i just find them beautiful, and tell my wife what i like in them and she tries her best to ressemble it-
 Maybe I should try that path, maybe that's my place, bisexuality, homosexuality. The problem is that most gays dont reproduce, some do, some dont. It's a problem because it's nihilistic. Most just use frantically use sex often with different partners as their main anti depressant, most are very intelligent, sensible, deep , productive artists. They are often rich and have a deep influence on society. Some think they are the future, some think they are just as absurd, and vain lifeforms, as heterosexuals.

I dont know. Maybe we are just animals who simply adapt to the environment that life's randomness  expose them to. Lack of trustable, confident, stable family doesnt help. People coming from stable families simply follow what their caregivers tell them to do. Everyone is playing the game his, her best. Whatever your skin color, beliefs, philosophy, religion. All races have their poors, their riches, their alphas and betas. We are all the fucking same. Animals. Trapped in the same game which rules never change. Some say knowledge is power. I have understood everything there is to understand because for some reason i'm am incredibly intelligent -intelligence being the way one observe, analyze and explain, order and expose what he understands- but I am also incredibly unhappy. Old people who were busy all life long playing the gaes blindly, following various influences from various people they ve been randomly exposed to come to the same conclusion as me. One day they re retired, they have all the time to look at life from outside, observe it, understand it more and more each day.
Im 30 and have the knowledge of a 80 y/o. I probably didnt understand everything yet. Is coming to the conclusion life is absurd, really "understanding it" ?
Maybe I am a sinner, my father always told me he was lazy and regretted it. But it's not that he was lazy, it's just that...just like me, he was abandoned by his own father. He had no confidence in himself, he built none, and had none to give. His father was violent and drank with him too. I understood and pardoned him after meeting with him. He s a cynical, bitter hateful, nihilistic scornful man who pretends to be tough but who gets more and more pathetic as he ages. As nihilistic as he is tho, he keeps hooked on women and welfare tho. Do I understand him, believe him, am convinced by him, am i following in his footsteps. Problem is, what he says, makes sense. The ultimate irony is probably that even if separated, both He and my mother end lonely, and saying the same things about life.

Im just trying to hold the fuck on. Im trying to fucking understand.

The funny thing is, that being the depressed man trying to find his niche, I'm filling a place, a role, that's probably who I am.
cliffs?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2013, 11:36:09 AM »
What if it was just a question of getting a blog of one's very own and some daily psychiatric help?

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2013, 12:34:58 PM »
What if it was just a question of getting a blog of one's very own and some daily psychiatric help?

Dont like what you re reading heh? So let's send him to a doc...

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2013, 06:56:18 PM »
You have to admit that you type a whole lot, uber.  We're all nuts here but you're one of those jumbo brazilian rainforest ones.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2013, 07:21:08 PM »
Nothing started and nothing will end. A creator was never needed.

Spiritual religion is weakness that eventually creates mental illness.

People will believe what they convince themselves to believe.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2013, 07:24:57 PM »
I am just trying to hold the fuck on. I am trying to fucking understand.

^

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2013, 07:32:39 PM »
Eastern religions are more fun to discuss.  The monotheistic debate is kinda talked out.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: November 18, 2013, 07:04:46 AM »
MOS, has an answer for everything. Unfortunately, the answers are the same old bullshit answers that have been espoused by crazy religions beliefs for quite some time. Yes, sin, blah, blah, blah. Yes, free will, blah, blah, blah.

I mean, how can anyone take 99% of the stuff he says seriously?  :-\ :-\ :-\

I WISH I had an answer for everything LOL!!  :D

I don't encourage you to trust my words alone (I'm a nobody).  I do encourage you to pursue the answers for yourself and if my words help prompt that proactivity on your part then great.  Still remaining idle won't draw you any closer to the truth than you are today.  Still, if that's your prerogative then so be it because you're absolutely free to do so.  I certainly don't encourage or prefer that, but my preferences are inconsequential.

Scripture is difficult to take for many....has been for me too in the past.   It's tough at times because scripture reveals our shortcomings (which no one likes to admit) and contrasts us with God.  As we've discussed before, God's law reveals the sin in our lives and his scripture can sometimes make people's blood boil because of that.  Some will spend a lifetime running from that accountability and justifying it away however possible.....typically via approval of like-minded peers or mocking and ridicule (I'm fully used to that though...to that point it has virtually no impact on me anymore).  The irony is that stepping away from the world and into God's grace is so simple and painless.

Hebrews 4:12-13

12 For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires. 13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God. Everything is naked and exposed before his eyes, and he is the one to whom we are accountable.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #98 on: November 18, 2013, 07:23:47 AM »
Nothing started and nothing will end. A creator was never needed.

Spiritual religion is weakness that eventually creates mental illness.

People will believe what they convince themselves to believe. 

Yep

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #99 on: November 18, 2013, 07:25:19 AM »
Like I said earlier.  If God exists, just go to a children's hospital cancer or burn center and tell me how any God can let this happen.