Author Topic: Could have won the Olympia  (Read 6162 times)

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • bhank is coming….
Re: Could have won the Olympia
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2013, 07:59:22 PM »
Negative sir, not my bread any way.  No offense taken by the way.  :)

Patterson had a few things going for him that the other real contenders didn't; he was white and good looking and Weider always loved pushing that image. Couple more shots of Bruce. Oh, he had a crazy hot girlfriend before he became "The Flaming Fire fighter" or whatever his first video was called.  ;D
Thicker than a cock. No pun intended.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2013, 07:59:49 PM »
;D  You can't prove that.  ;D

Ya known HB, I don't remember Bruce dating Jennifer but when you mentined it- it sort of sounded familiar and it sounded right, but I can't say 100%. She did date several "up & cumming coming" bodybuilders.

damn,  I was down there a few times in the early nineties.  but a little star struck.  only seen these people in the mags.   I was scared shitless to approach any women.  

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2013, 08:00:58 PM »
This cat's name seldom gets mentioned on the list of lesser known guys who could COULD have won the Mr Olympia. I know, I know, dude's a peter puffer, butt pirate, etc. Still, crazy physique.

Admit it Tommy, you craved his maritime cock like no others  ;D

seriously, he was tagged as the "next Arnold" in the mid 1990's. Cock glazing followed too quickly.

I remember reading articles about him in MD when I was just a teenanger. Bruce said his favorite mass building food was his grand mother's oatmeal cookies. Both mine were dead at the time so I hired an old lady to cook me some, thinking this was the secret for successful mass. I was quickly disillusioned and had to perform unspeakable gilfs stuff to get out of the cooking costs.

GodIstillHaveNightmaresS peed.
®

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2013, 08:01:53 PM »
;D  You can't prove that.  ;D

Ya known HB, I don't remember Bruce dating Jennifer but when you mentined it- it sort of sounded familiar and it sounded right, but I can't say 100%. She did date several "up & cumming coming" bodybuilders.

I do remember personally introducing Bruce to Ed Connors. I was a company man all the way.  ;D

what year did you work at gold's?   there was a guy from Hawaii working there in 95-95 name was something hawaiin starting with an A.  nice guy, remembered me and my buddy from one year to the next.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • bhank is coming….
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2013, 08:03:37 PM »

seriously, he was tagged as the "next Arnold" in the mid 1990's. Cock glazing followed too quickly.

I remember reading articles about him in MD when I was just a teenanger. Bruce said his favorite mass building food was his grand mother's oatmeal cookies. Both mine were dead at the time so I hired an old lady to cook me some, thinking this was the secret for successful mass. I was quickly disillusioned and had to perform unspeakable gilfs stuff to get out of the cooking costs.

Hahahaha

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2013, 08:03:46 PM »
what year did you work at gold's?   there was a guy from Hawaii working there in 95-95 name was something hawaiin starting with an A.  nice guy, remembered me and my buddy from one year to the next.

That guy's name was Akua. Big Hawaiin kid attending USC.  I worked at Gold's Venice from Summer 1991 - 1998.
a

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2013, 08:05:22 PM »

LOL! Too funny. Patterson and I were good friends. Dude actualy trained his neck pretty hard. Real bummer when he decided to "supplement his income with film work."
a

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2013, 08:10:00 PM »

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2013, 08:15:42 PM »
Good find WW.
a

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • bhank is coming….
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2013, 08:21:44 PM »

Very Mike Francoisesque but without the colitis.

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2013, 08:21:52 PM »
LOL! Too funny. Patterson and I were good friends. Dude actualy trained his neck pretty hard. Real bummer when he decided to "supplement his income with film work."

Glad you clarify on this, I  assumed the neck mass and vascularity his neck exposed was mainly meatrod related.

All jokes aside, the guy must've felt a long way from home back in 1993, landing in LA with you freaks thinking the late 70's were gonna repeat themselves. Tell us chief, I'm very curious to know the dynamics (no homo).
®

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2013, 08:52:25 PM »
Glad you clarify on this, I  assumed the neck mass and vascularity his neck exposed was mainly meatrod related.

All jokes aside, the guy must've felt a long way from home back in 1993, landing in LA with you freaks thinking the late 70's were gonna repeat themselves. Tell us chief, I'm very curious to know the dynamics (no homo).
homo and wants to hear it too Lol

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2013, 09:20:57 PM »
  tommy is great people!

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2013, 09:35:30 PM »
  tommy is great people!
be at lax at 11am. Can u pick me up?
Gorge at Fogo sat night. Venice golds early sun.

I remember big Bruce. He was from Canada correct? 

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2013, 09:36:50 PM »

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2013, 09:52:55 PM »
yup,   the evolution of bodybuilding.

Bob Paris could have been the best spokesman for this sport since Arnold.   he announced he was gay - did nothing homo in public, so creepy pix, just stated he had a male partner. that was it , his career was over.

now it's like its rewarded.

^this

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2013, 09:53:04 PM »
He looked good.
and alot heavier than 200 pounds..good find

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2013, 09:58:13 PM »
Negative sir, not my bread any way.  No offense taken by the way.  :)

Patterson had a few things going for him that the other real contenders didn't; he was white and good looking and Weider always loved pushing that image. Couple more shots of Bruce. Oh, he had a crazy hot girlfriend before he became "The Flaming Fire fighter" or whatever his first video was called.  ;D

;D

Love hearing all your stories here esp involving a lot of the Venice/socal guys lol

Keep them cumming coming!  :D

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2013, 12:12:37 AM »
;D  You can't prove that.  ;D

I do remember personally introducing Bruce to Ed Connors. I was a company man all the way.  ;D And NO I did not take one for the team.

here's how I met bruce.   this was before the innnerrrnet,   so people could get away with all kinds of shit.   this school teacher that had been a member of my gym for years says " my nephew is coming to stay with me for a month, what will it cost for him to train here?'  he  bought the month pass and Bruce shows up!!  i'm like holy fug!!  you are in every issue of muscle mag!!  unreal!!! he and I trained together while his 'uncle' did his little workout.

after a week I say to bruce ' so bruce (the guy from my gym was also named bruce}  is your uncle??.   he replies, ' ya, something like that'.   that struck me as slightly odd, but I was so fuggin naïve that I didn't think much about it.

a month after he left the shit hit the fan for him and everybody knew what he was up to and his career was pretty much over.  (now, he'd be awarded at least the Arnold classic for what he had done.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2013, 12:18:32 AM »
That guy's name was Akua. Big Hawaiin kid attending USC.  I worked at Gold's Venice from Summer 1991 - 1998.

ya, that was the guy, remembered us and said  ' the Canada boys!! come on in, if tommy anyone asks, say you are from gold's in seattle.

I trained a bit with chris cormier (insane legs in person), aaron baker (when his calves came to a point!.  we worked in on the hammer bicep curl as soon as it came off the truck!) and Jeff Poulin ( he made me climb up ten feet onto this hammer leg press contraption, I felt like an idiot).

I couldn't imagine what it would have been like training there year roumd , much less working there.  

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2013, 12:26:55 AM »
:D  Johnny, I was was a millonaire. That money is long gone. I'm a working man now, like most everyone else.

Heme iron research? Brother, I really wouldn't know where to start when it comes to obtaining funding for such a study. I would think a call/email to any large University that has a Medical School affiliation could get you pointed in the right direction. Good luck my friend.

how did you lose your fortune?

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2013, 12:29:08 AM »
Pierre Van Densteen was far better than Franco, but great Belgian never turn pro
At Mr.International 1973 if he was gone pro ??? Mr.Azteca Professional winner mighty Sergio Oliva
on the same stage would have a real rival.
Not out of shape Colombu, who was easy prey for the Myth.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2013, 12:41:37 AM »
here's how I met bruce.   this was before the innnerrrnet,   so people could get away with all kinds of shit.   this school teacher that had been a member of my gym for years says " my nephew is coming to stay with me for a month, what will it cost for him to train here?'  he  bought the month pass and Bruce shows up!!  i'm like holy fug!!  you are in every issue of muscle mag!!  unreal!!! he and I trained together while his 'uncle' did his little workout.

after a week I say to bruce ' so bruce (the guy from my gym was also named bruce}  is your uncle??.   he replies, ' ya, something like that'.   that struck me as slightly odd, but I was so fuggin naïve that I didn't think much about it.

a month after he left the shit hit the fan for him and everybody knew what he was up to and his career was pretty much over.  (now, he'd be awarded at least the Arnold classic for what he had done.

Where was ur gym?

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2013, 10:06:15 AM »
ya, that was the guy, remembered us and said  ' the Canada boys!! come on in, if tommy anyone asks, say you are from gold's in seattle.

I trained a bit with chris cormier (insane legs in person), aaron baker (when his calves came to a point!.  we worked in on the hammer bicep curl as soon as it came off the truck!) and Jeff Poulin ( he made me climb up ten feet onto this hammer leg press contraption, I felt like an idiot).

I couldn't imagine what it would have been like training there year roumd , much less working there.  

Hahaha.  We called that thing "The Life Guard Stand".  That fucker was 8+ feet up in the air.  I remember Gary Jones (Creator/Owner of Hammer Strength) was at Gold's Venice giving us a seminar on all the Hammer products. Gold's Venice was used as a test platfrom for many of his new pieces. When we walked over to the Life Guard Stand I said something like, "Gary? What the fuck happened here?" Jones started laughing and just said something like, "Well this is exactly why we send you and the Cinninati Begals our prototypes."  Jones was real cool.

Jeff Poulin aka poo-poo was real cool. Lives down in Florida these days.

Brother Baker had awesome calves but he just went a little crazy shooting Esiquelene into them and sort of over did it.  ;D  Great physique, extremely strong.

I found a pic of the Life Guard Stand!
a

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2013, 10:23:42 AM »