Author Topic: Natural, diet and hormoneproduction  (Read 2477 times)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
Natural, diet and hormoneproduction
« on: November 19, 2013, 07:37:14 AM »
I've been on a diet for a while now. Low carb diet and fat pretty low too.

250+g protein
50-100 g fats
~100g carbs

So kind of crash diet.

I'm around 225 8% bf right now. want to get to around 205 lbs pretty ripped.

So the calorie deficit is pretty big. Does any other natural have a noticable less sexdrive when on diet. Sign of lowered hormone production. Maybe i need to bump my fat up? Do i need some transfats in there for hormone production?

Some opinions from naturals please.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Natural, diet and hormoneproduction
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 04:20:44 PM »
I would up my fat intake a bit, see if there's a difference, then bump it a little more and assess again. If you're still not noticing anything after several incremental increases, then dietary fat may not be your problem.

I would stick with healthier fats, though. Trans fats are probably not the best choice.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 05:51:05 PM »
I would up my fat intake a bit, see if there's a difference, then bump it a little more and assess again. If you're still not noticing anything after several incremental increases, then dietary fat may not be your problem.

I would stick with healthier fats, though. Trans fats are probably not the best choice.
Yes but I thought those fats where needed also. For hormoneproduction. My main sources are from nuts and fish so not getting any transfats.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 05:54:47 PM »
transfats are lethal... go with MCTs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medium-chain_triglyceride

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 06:49:48 PM »
transfats are lethal... go with MCTs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medium-chain_triglyceride

I eat coconut oil out of the jar.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 06:51:01 PM »
Yes but I thought those fats where needed also. For hormoneproduction. My main sources are from nuts and fish so not getting any transfats.

Consider dairy, red meat, and whole eggs.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 08:24:17 PM »

250+g protein
50-100 g fats
~100g carbs

So kind of crash diet.

So the calorie deficit is pretty big. Does any other natural have a noticable less sexdrive when on diet. Sign of lowered hormone production. Maybe i need to bump my fat up? Do i need some transfats in there for hormone production?

hey even geared up ppl have less sex drive when very lean,or on very strict diet.

its normal.

upping the fats a bit and some carbs, just for one meal, will fix this temporarliy very fast.
n

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 03:09:32 AM »

I eat coconut oil out of the jar.

that's what she said

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 11:14:14 AM »

250+g protein
50-100 g fats
~100g carbs

So kind of crash diet.

225 lbs down to 205 lbs?  That's a 20 lbs drop.  And your calorie deficit is pretty big?  

Your calorie deficit should be small, so that you lose fat slowly and little to no muscle.  As long as there is a calorie deficit, no matter how small, you will lose fat.  Lose weight too fast, as a natural, and you'll lose muscle mass too.  That in turn will slow down your metabolism and will contribute to fat gain.

Keep lifting relatively heavy, and eating plenty of protein.  This helps naturals keep muscle mass while dieting.

Adjust your calories every two weeks or so, if necessary. As long as you are losing fat, you don't need to cut calories or increase exercise.

Do you need trans fats for hormone production?  No.  I believe what you are referring to is "saturated" fats, not trans fats.  And yes, saturated fats and cholesterol in your diet will help your body naturally produce more testosterone, or at least it will help keep it from dropping below normal levels while you diet.  Just include red meat and whole eggs in our diet.

I agree with the other posters that you should not decrease fat too much, and that most of your dietary fat should come from healthy sources, avocado, nuts, salmon, flaxseeds, etc.

Good luck!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2013, 05:13:47 PM »
Do you need trans fats for hormone production?  No.  I believe what you are referring to is "saturated" fats, not trans fats.  And yes, saturated fats and cholesterol in your diet will help your body naturally produce more testosterone, or at least it will help keep it from dropping below normal levels while you diet.  Just include red meat and whole eggs in our diet.

I wondered that, too. Saturated fats is the category that's been demonstrated to be not as bad as we've been lead to believe over the years. Trans fats still are the shits, though.

Good advice above! And, yes: it may be worth clarifying that dietary fats may help support baseline hormone levels, but eating 5 dozen egg yolks will not equal a shot of Deca.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 06:51:19 PM »

I wondered that, too. Saturated fats is the category that's been demonstrated to be not as bad as we've been lead to believe over the years. Trans fats still are the shits, though.

Good advice above! And, yes: it may be worth clarifying that dietary fats may help support baseline hormone levels, but eating 5 dozen egg yolks will not equal a shot of Deca.

good quality sat fats are good for the soul... (MCTs are a class of lipids in which three saturated fats are bound to a glycerol backbone)