Author Topic: Anyone watching Boardwalk Empire?  (Read 6075 times)

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Anyone watching Boardwalk Empire?
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2013, 08:23:51 PM »
Holy fuck me up the ass and take my anal virginity WHAT AN EPIC FINALE!

Excellent ending.

Not gonna lie......I got emotional at the end....I won't spoil it but MAN......some great stuff.

Why this show and these characters are not getting noticed is beyond me. Some award winning acting in this show, and in this particular episode.

Superb season finale!!
Agreed. It is a thinking mans show, with some good action.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2013, 08:34:47 PM »
Its a shame the libyan survived the series is it not.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2013, 08:38:30 PM »
Its a shame the libyan survived the series is it not.
I hope his death is slow and painful.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2014, 07:36:17 PM »
http://www.imdb.com/news/ni56642203/

Prohibition will be over soon: Boardwalk Empire has a series end date. This year’s fifth season of HBO acclaimed period drama will be its last. The network made the announcement at the Television Critics Association press tour in Pasadena on Thursday, confirming recent rumors.

Michael Lombardo, president of programming at HBO, praised series creator Terence Winter and assured critics the show would have a strong conclusion: “It has been an incredible honor to bring this powerful and groundbreaking series to our subscribers,” he said. “Terry Winter has created one for the ages.”

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2014, 08:52:56 PM »
Thanks for the heads up.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2014, 09:41:04 PM »
It's had a good run.

Although I'm wondering why they've decided to cut it off at five. I think six seasons would be perfect.

Otherwise a very solid show.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2014, 09:54:21 PM »
One of my favorite shows for sure!

Great portrayals of such legendary characters as Al Capone, Nelson Van Alden, Rothstein, Meyer Lansky, Richard Harrow and Gyp Rosetti!

:D ;D

Would have loved seeing Dr Libyan try to make business with Gyp Rosetti! That discussion would have been a meltdown :D

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2014, 03:08:03 AM »
Probably a combination of lower ratings, and the cast wanting to move on to other things. I've heard that Winter wants to move more into feature film writing.

It would be a shame if it was just about lower ratings, as the dip was not that huge, and and besides Game of Thrones, HBO's line up is a bit soft. Game and True Detective are the only things that look good on it, with the ending of Board.

Lots of stuff ending this year Mad Men, Sons of Anarchy, Boardwalk Empire, Treme, True Blood, etc....

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2014, 03:49:03 AM »
Probably a combination of lower ratings, and the cast wanting to move on to other things. I've heard that Winter wants to move more into feature film writing.

It would be a shame if it was just about lower ratings, as the dip was not that huge, and and besides Game of Thrones, HBO's line up is a bit soft. Game and True Detective are the only things that look good on it, with the ending of Board.

Lots of stuff ending this year Mad Men, Sons of Anarchy, Boardwalk Empire, Treme, True Blood, etc....

:'(

Mad Men is AMAZING.

I also like Sons of Anarchy and would enjoy more seasons, but True Blood has gotten stupid. It needs to go now. It was so epic the first two seasons and went downhill.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2014, 03:49:18 AM »

It' for the better.  I like that these networks aren't afraid to end a series before it goes stale.  Unlike shotime, who botched Dexter, Homeland, etc...
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2014, 03:50:05 AM »
:'(

Mad Men is AMAZING.

I also like Sons of Anarchy and would enjoy more seasons, but True Blood has gotten stupid. It needs to go now. It was so epic the first two seasons and went downhill.

SOA has to end......there's no recovering from the last season.  Too much happened.
Y

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2014, 03:55:21 AM »
It' for the better.  I like that these networks aren't afraid to end a series before it goes stale.  Unlike shotime, who botched Dexter, Homeland, etc...

I thought Dexter ended at the perfect season. However , with that being said, I thought the last season was done quite poorly. Especially the way it ended.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2014, 03:58:27 AM »
I thought Dexter ended at the perfect season. However , with that being said, I thought the last season was done quite poorly. Especially the way it ended.

The problem, outside of the horrid finale, was that each season someone new would know Dexter's secret......and be perfectly OK with it.   It got to be pretty stupid.

I would have like to see him killed, but Shotime wouldn't do that and limit potential future dollars.  They robbed us of potentially intense stuff - Angel finding out about Laguerta, etc.....stuff like that.
Y

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2014, 04:03:52 AM »
The problem, outside of the horrid finale, was that each season someone new would know Dexter's secret......and be perfectly OK with it.   It got to be pretty stupid.

I would have like to see him killed, but Shotime wouldn't do that and limit potential future dollars.  They robbed us of potentially intense stuff - Angel finding out about Laguerta, etc.....stuff like that.

You are completely right. I never even thought about that, but you mentioning it has completely hit the proverbial nail on the head for me.

This is what started to bring the show down. I actually thought the way they played it with Deb finding out was okay. But it did get to be ridiculous.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2014, 04:07:19 AM »
You are completely right. I never even thought about that, but you mentioning it has completely hit the proverbial nail on the head for me.

This is what started to bring the show down. I actually thought the way they played it with Deb finding out was okay. But it did get to be ridiculous.

I agree how Deb finding out was fine, I think that was how the book series went.  But the series went past where the books did, I believe, and you could see it suffer.  It was also a victim of its own success - seasons 1 and 4 were EPIC.
Y

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2014, 04:12:09 AM »
I agree how Deb finding out was fine, I think that was how the book series went.  But the series went past where the books did, I believe, and you could see it suffer.  It was also a victim of its own success - seasons 1 and 4 were EPIC.

Agreed on both counts. The trinity killer was superb.

I sorta liked season 2 as well.  :)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2014, 04:54:19 PM »
Boardwalk Empire skips ahead seven years for its final season as the show jumps right into the Great Depression. According to creators, the year is 1931, which means Nucky Thompson is still doing his thing, running alcohol during Prohibition.

The trailer suggests a death, a rather important one and a whole lot of loneliness. Boardwalk Empire returns in the fall. Can’t wait.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2014, 04:56:09 PM »
A chick I knew in college works on the set of this show, she has the biggest teats I've ever seen true story

Any pics?

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2014, 05:01:16 PM »
Love this show

Must be difficult for them to hire females for this show, no implants allowed on set

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2014, 05:04:51 PM »
Looking forward to the final season!

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2014, 10:29:12 PM »
The final season???  its too soon :(