Author Topic: Mens Physique, Bikini and Classic Bodybuilding.....  (Read 8237 times)

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
Re: Mens Physique, Bikini aaaaaaaaand Classic Bodybuilding.....
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2013, 05:37:15 AM »
fixed
Being fat is also very happy.

macos

• Getbig IV
  • Jamie Dimon get some $$ please.
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2013, 05:40:18 AM »
Classic bodybuilding is decent.
Men's physique shouldn't be at bodybuilding competition.
Bikini is a joke and just a sexy ass competition.
bikini competition reminds me thai whore houses. Lol

$

macos

• Getbig IV
  • Jamie Dimon get some $$ please.
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2013, 05:41:24 AM »
100% agree.
BTW, this year, i look like my competition is cursed. I have got virus in my belly 1 weekout and i stepped on stage with my worst shape in my life. WTFFFFFFFF!!!!!???
But ok, my vengeance plan began. I started to train with Paquito again with rage.
Here is today pic when i woke up.

why do asians have a weak upper body?
$

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Mens Physique, Bikini and Classic Bodybuilding.....
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2013, 10:26:03 AM »

Men's Physique division is booming here in California.  And yes, you need to train to get in shape for Men's Physique, but not train like a bodybuilder, where muscularity is the most important over physique.   However, I do agree with you that the board shorts eventually need to be just regular shorts.  However, physique over muscularity in this division, making it completely different than bodybuilding.

Classic bodybuilding I assume was and is supposed to be the competitors that with to have overall symmetry more important than the mass monsters. As we all know, muscularity is what drives the sport of bb lately.

Bikini - well... just awesome!  Love it. The Bikini division was made for the Getbiggers! And please - we need more!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2013, 10:52:59 AM »
DJ181 ,,SAYS CLASSIC AND MEN'S PHYSIQUE IS WHERE TO BE...

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2013, 10:56:34 AM »
You GetBiggers seem to forget that the IFBB and the NPC are businesses ...... and as a 'business' you do whatever is legal to make a profit.

And each of these new NPC events are promoted by Promoters who need to make a profit or else they will have to get  out of the promotional business.

I agree that these contests tend to be way too long now-a-days and might possibly be forced to be held over a two-day period simply due to the vast number of competitors who want to enter to win a trophy (bragging rights) or battle it out for an IFBB Pro Card.

But at present it's a proven fact that the promoters can still promote these NPC events in a single day even when there are 600+ contenders.

I have no idea what the rental rate for an appropriate venue is today but I would assume that NPC promoters pay anywhere from
$5,000 to $15,000 a day towards the expenses of the facility and  associated details.

Double those figures for a two-day event and the expenses sky-rocket which greatly decreases the profit line.

The fact that the competitors have to 'wait' is a valid complaint which some promoters do their best to resolve, but it's often very difficult to work with 'Father Time'. But everyone is aware of this problem and will or are doing their best to resolve it.

This "HURRY UP AND WAIT" problem was one of the major reasons why the bodybuilders and some of the AAU officials broke away from the AAU and joined together to form a new organization which eventually became the NPC.

The "Waiting"part of the problem in the  old AAU days was a result of the the long delays until all the olympic lifters finished their events and received their trophies.

This long wait would sometimes delay the bodybuilding part of the event until way past midnite.

That was one of the straws that broke the camel's back.

One last comment .... No spectator has to sit through the entire day.
Most of the fans depart once their friends and loved ones have completed their part of the event.  This is great for the promoter as it leaves additional seats that can be sold.

But if you arrrive too early, you may have a damn long wait, so you may want to pack a sandwich or two!

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2013, 01:45:04 PM »
what kyomu and the rest here do not understand is their stance is in the minority, mens physique and woman bikini is so fucken huge, in fact it is almost dwarfing bodybuilding right now.

more physique competitors then bodybuilding.

more womans bikini then bodybuilding.

Audiences are huge and sold out now because of this.

More people per gym compete.

MORE MONEY

the crowd loves this shit. the expos are enormous now.

FUCK THANK PHYSIQUE AND BIKINI FOR SAVING THIS INDUSTRY.

before these 2 categories promoters were taking a gamble running shows and now they can do it comfortably.

KYOMU YOU HAVE A BETTER SOLUTION?

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2013, 01:57:41 PM »
what kyomu and the rest here do not understand is their stance is in the minority, mens physique and woman bikini is so fucken huge, in fact it is almost dwarfing bodybuilding right now.

MORE MONEY

before these 2 categories promoters were taking a gamble running shows and now they can do it comfortably.

Its sad but  you are right...mmmmm...

Nick II

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2013, 02:00:06 PM »
My only problem is the waiting..I'd rather see bikini chicks over female bb'ers anyday

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2013, 02:34:39 PM »
What exactly differentiates "Classic bodybuilding" from the other bodybuilding classes? Do they penalize big guts and synthol usage?

read rules on Ifbb.com

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2013, 03:07:42 PM »

MORE MONEY

and it is going to be only bigger, which is great.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2013, 03:30:56 PM »
read rules on Ifbb.com

Didn't scroll through all the rules (I'd appreciate Cliff's notes) but this how "Classic Bodybuilding" is prefaced:

Classic Bodybuilding responds to the increasing worldwide demand for competitions for men who prefer, unlike today’s current bodybuilders, to develop a less muscular, yet athletic and aesthetically pleasing physique.

This is how "Physique" is prefaced:

The Men’s Athletic Physique category is aimed at men who prefer to develop a less muscular, yet athletic and aesthetically pleasing physique.

It just seems the classic bodybuilding class has a height/weight ratio whereas physique has just 2 height classes.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2013, 03:40:38 PM »
Amanda Latona  :P

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2013, 03:48:08 PM »
Damn I hate these categories. And I dont have any clue of the reason why they exist.

Mens Physique.... Why they dont need to develope their legs? Despite of their small size, they use tons of gears too. Whats the point?

Bikini.........Totaly i dont understand. They dont look fit at all comparing with fitness chics. And they look way less feminine than nude models. And they pose like sluts.... WTF?

Classic bodybuilding......Totaly mystery. They just have to perticipate in normal bodybuilding categories. If IFBB wants something not exagerate like modern bodybuilding, Why they just make new one like NATURAL BODYBUILDING with total doping controle?

When I competed last time, I had to wait 5hrs for getting on stage because of these categories. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

It can be really trying on one's patience when something isn't all about them. Too bad you had to wait. Perhaps you could have fit a workout in during that time. Was the wait worth it? Did you win?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2013, 04:00:52 PM »

and it is going to be only bigger, which is great.
indeed, about 4 or 5 years ago my friend Jim promoted a natural national qualifier and he spent an enormous amount; sanction fees, theater, hotels for all of us and food and literally 20 competitors showed up to this show. This was due to a problem within the OPA but the point is the audience in attendance was 150 people, he lost thousands of dollars.

and now shows have 200 + competitors and the audience is 1000 strong at 40 dollars a ticket for the finals, this is great.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2013, 08:51:06 AM »
It can be really trying on one's patience when something isn't all about them. Too bad you had to wait. Perhaps you could have fit a workout in during that time. Was the wait worth it? Did you win?
I had never won a show in my life. But we(because not only me ) didnt have that problem back days
Obvious that you have never competed in your life. When you go there, you must calculate the time
 when you get on stage. Because lots  of jobs there like administrating water retention level while maintaining full, painting another pro tan or jantana,pumping up...etc
Logicaly more time you wait more difficult.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2013, 09:05:19 AM »
Men's Physique division is booming here in California.  And yes, you need to train to get in shape for Men's Physique, but not train like a bodybuilder, where muscularity is the most important over physique.   However, I do agree with you that the board shorts eventually need to be just regular shorts.  However, physique over muscularity in this division, making it completely different than bodybuilding.

Classic bodybuilding I assume was and is supposed to be the competitors that with to have overall symmetry more important than the mass monsters. As we all know, muscularity is what drives the sport of bb lately.

Bikini - well... just awesome!  Love it. The Bikini division was made for the Getbiggers! And please - we need more!

Mens physique do train like bodybuilder except legs. And worse part is that they are not natural like many bodybuilders.
Classic bbing.They are just small and they just cant run with big dogs in spite of using tons of gears
.plus they are not symmetrical like Zane .
Bikini is for getbigers ? Gimme a break .We generaly love thick women

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2013, 02:44:18 PM »
Bikini is for getbigers ? Gimme a break .We generaly love thick women

Count me out. I like athletic looking women. I find women with cartoonish looking butts and tits ridiculous looking.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2013, 02:51:28 PM »
DJ181 ,,SAYS CLASSIC AND MEN'S PHYSIQUE IS WHERE TO BE...

lol

so basically it's seems to be someting like this...

men's physique=7-8% bodyfat with nice pecs, arms and abs without overly developed lats and as far as the legs go, well... ask mr. nobody

classic bodybuilding=4-5% bodyfat with a proportionate physique while staying within the prescribed weight limits set up within the federation, for example 86 kg MAX for a 180 cm fella

The Revelation

• Getbig II
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2013, 03:31:07 PM »

a lot of guys coming out of the closet in this thread saying they don't like bikini wtf! :D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2013, 03:40:39 PM »
lol

men's physique=7-8% bodyfat with nice pecs, arms and abs without overly developed lats and as far as the legs go, well... ask mr. nobody

classic bodybuilding=4-5% bodyfat with a proportionate physique while staying within the prescribed weight limits set up within the federation, for example 86 kg MAX for a 180 cm fella
I trained two mexicans on legs today they did good one was intense but weaker than the other I said I got to go take a piss then left them wondering where did that fucker go? Leaving a trace of where did he go? See they will be all over me next time because I left them.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2013, 04:16:28 PM »
you could have posted your pic in the first post, no need to pretend to create a thread about something else you know.

The Revelation

• Getbig II
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2013, 04:21:43 PM »
lol

bro a lot of physique guys come in as lean and conditioned as most bbers.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2013, 07:38:35 PM »

bro a lot of physique guys come in as lean and conditioned as most bbers.
true..and physique guys for the most part do not have a offseason like a open class bber who goes up 20/40 or so lbs over contest weight,they either get softer and or smaller and drug up back to there show self or cruise prettylean allyr and put finishing touches at the end.     

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2013, 07:45:58 PM »
once to be a bodybuilder, must to be keep in shape yearly around.no matter physique, classic, .....