Author Topic: Father arrested for trying to pick his kids up from school!  (Read 8600 times)

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Father arrested for trying to pick his kids up from school!
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2013, 09:32:03 PM »
Seems wrong to me, but there are two sides to every story.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/20/jim-howe-arrested-school-pick-up-tennessee_n_4310672.html

Of course Donald Andrews, the director of Cumberland County Schools, will have a different story. Let's see them release the "less favorable" clip and back up their policy where cars are backed up to the highway.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2013, 09:36:30 PM »
Bullshit.

No crime was committed. Sure - the guy was not happy with school rules but a simple id check could have id'd him as a parent and got his kids to him.

Fuck "2 sides to every story" - they are his kids.

Hopefully a simple check would have also shown that he had custody of his kids and therefore the right to pick them up at school.

Having worked for a school district for 30 years, I know for a fact that sometimes non-custodial parents show up at school to literally kidnap their kids. I am not saying this was the case here, but unless you have experience with some of the crazy stuff parents do with regards to their kids, you can't know why school districts feel they have to take every precaution on behalf of the kids. If he had been a non-custodial parent and the school gave his kids to him, the school employees who allowed this and the school district would be open to a winnable lawsuit.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2013, 09:50:03 PM »
Hopefully a simple check would have also shown that he had custody of his kids and therefore the right to pick them up at school.

Having worked for a school district for 30 years, I know for a fact that sometimes non-custodial parents show up at school to literally kidnap their kids. I am not saying this was the case here, but unless you have experience with some of the crazy stuff parents do with regards to their kids, you can't know why school districts feel they have to take every precaution on behalf of the kids. If he had been a non-custodial parent and the school gave his kids to him, the school employees who allowed this and the school district would be open to a winnable lawsuit.

Oh I totally agree with you about crazy parents and they are worse than ever now!!  It seems he was filling out the correct form and it went from that to arrest pretty quickly.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2013, 08:52:30 AM »

So let me get this straight.  You defend the parents not being given their children back in case one of them is kidnapping their own child?

You do realize that the schools know who the legal guardians of the kids are, right? It's sort of a requirement of having kids in school - telling the school who the guardians are.

Without that they'd have no idea who to give the kids to anyway.

Weak defense of outrageous behavior....

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2013, 09:21:31 AM »
Custody shit is tricky sometimes...

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2013, 12:24:48 PM »
Easy answer: home school. Guy needs to get his kid out of that gubberment school quick...

:-\

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2013, 02:43:35 PM »
Wait, what?

Look at how many views are on that video...Youtube manipulated the view count...That's what they do with videos that make the establishment look bad...The video because of a low view count will just basically disappear. And the cop will not have to really answer for anything...

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2013, 03:01:24 PM »
Look at how many views are on that video...Youtube manipulated the view count...That's what they do with videos that make the establishment look bad...The video because of a low view count will just basically disappear. And the cop will not have to really answer for anything...

I think this video has been uploaded from different sources. I saw one earlier on YT with a few million views

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2013, 03:54:14 PM »
So let me get this straight.  You defend the parents not being given their children back in case one of them is kidnapping their own child?

You do realize that the schools know who the legal guardians of the kids are, right? It's sort of a requirement of having kids in school - telling the school who the guardians are.

Without that they'd have no idea who to give the kids to anyway.

Weak defense of outrageous behavior....

I realize that things like who has legal custody changes sometimes. A parent who was the legal guardian when the child enrolled, my not be the legal guardian a month later. It is a crazy world....that's all I am saying.

Look, I think the father in this case appears to have done nothing wrong. Judging from the video, it was the Sheriff (acting as a school cop) who was completely out of line. The fact that there is a school cop working at a primary school speaks volumes about how fucked up society is today. 

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2013, 05:11:38 PM »
Fat man in a tight shirt.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2013, 07:01:18 PM »
I think this video has been uploaded from different sources. I saw one earlier on YT with a few million views

Your correct this was definitely from a different source.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2013, 07:47:47 PM »
What a fucking pig that cop was to arrest him and put handcuffs on him infront of all the kids (it was at the end of the day so i assume kids where going home). Cant be Fun for his kids to hear from the other kids that his father was arrested.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2013, 08:12:33 PM »
What a fucking pig that cop was to arrest him and put handcuffs on him infront of all the kids (it was at the end of the day so i assume kids where going home). Cant be Fun for his kids to hear from the other kids that his father was arrested.

Having not been arrested in more than 50 years, I have no idea what protocol is with regards to handcuffs, but yeah, it seems totally uncalled for in this situation.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2013, 08:50:20 PM »
Having not been arrested in more than 50 years, I have no idea what protocol is with regards to handcuffs, but yeah, it seems totally uncalled for in this situation.

He was talking back so was a threat to the school. ::)

TonyAlva

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2013, 08:53:41 PM »

ok oldtimer, I'll bite. Its been 50 years since you were arrested, but what was last time you wore handcuffs ???

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2013, 08:54:08 PM »
He was talking back so was a threat to the school. ::)

Talk's cheap. He was using a civil tone. Compared to him, some of the irate parents I saw at the school where I worked were totally bizerk and yet they didn't get arrested.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2013, 08:59:17 PM »
ok oldtimer, I'll bite. Its been 50 years since you were arrested, but what was last time you wore handcuffs ???

Ah, the setup question. I keep my sexual fantasies private, but I will share that being handcuffed is not one of them. I have issues; issues with claustrophobia and control issues. -Not the kind of person that is a good candidate for bondage.

The one time I was arrested, I honestly don't think I was handcuffed by the cops. Perhaps I was just compliant enough they didn't see the need to restrain me.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2013, 09:46:33 PM »
Talk's cheap. He was using a civil tone. Compared to him, some of the irate parents I saw at the school where I worked were totally bizerk and yet they didn't get arrested.
yeah k worked at a school to and that guy was as civil anyone can be under thqt situation. He wasnt yelling or calling the fat pig a fat pig. But i guess the cop coudnt take it  to be wrong when the parent found a loop whole and signed the papers thst the kids could go home them self.

What if some parents only car broke down earlier that day and they didnt have a car to loan would the school and cop hold their kids until their car was fixed or what?

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2013, 11:04:04 PM »
yeah k worked at a school to and that guy was as civil anyone can be under thqt situation. He wasnt yelling or calling the fat pig a fat pig. But i guess the cop coudnt take it  to be wrong when the parent found a loop whole and signed the papers thst the kids could go home them self.

What if some parents only car broke down earlier that day and they didnt have a car to loan would the school and cop hold their kids until their car was fixed or what?

Such a simple thing was made so complex and that's seems to be the way of our dysfunctional society now.  He signed the form, give him his kids and no harm to foul.  This tuned into a stand your ground issue and I am still vexed by the cops reaction.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2013, 11:43:19 PM »
Such a simple thing was made so complex and that's seems to be the way of our dysfunctional society now.  He signed the form, give him his kids and no harm to foul.  This tuned into a stand your ground issue and I am still vexed by the cops reaction.
im shocked to, doin that infront of all the parents that waited outside and his kids could have seen theiir father being arrested or the kids friends....lucky him that his wife was filming it so everyone can see what really happend instead of listening to rumors made by parents that just saw him being put in a policecar

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2013, 11:45:42 PM »

Call a rickshaw in.