Author Topic: 25 Things You (Probably) Didn't Know About Jason Statham  (Read 8281 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
25 Things You (Probably) Didn't Know About Jason Statham
« on: November 24, 2013, 09:56:02 PM »
Dude is a total getbigger...

1. A Stath Is Born
The artist about to known as The Stath was born an enigma. Depending on what source you believe, he either burst into the world on 12th September 1967 in Shirebrook, Derbyshire (he’s a Forest fan) or on the same day in 1972 in Lewisham. We’d like to think that he was forged from a strand of Chuck Norris’ hair that was fired into the heart of Krypton. All that’s known for sure is that he started as he meant to go on: kicking, screaming and bald.

2. A Knack For Hitting Things
Theatrics run in the blood. Jason’s mock-auctioneer dad Barry also fancied himself as a lounge singer, and the young Stath found himself roped into the family band: Barry sang, Jason’s elder brother Lee played guitar while ‘lil Jason battered the drums. Obviously.

3. High Times
While on a family holiday, Statham spotted a guy doing a high dive and decided he fancied a crack. He started training everyday, becoming one of the British team’s top divers and competed around the world at the Commonwealth Games, several Olympic trials and placing an impressive 12th at the World Championships. There’s a bloody good reason why he didn’t bag gold though…

4. Scoring Big
The Stath has his priorities, and its models not medals. Competitions gave him plenty of opportunities to keep the British end up in the name of international relationships. “I was on the British team travelling around the world and jumping in bed with Russian girls!”

5. Market Values
The Stath briefly followed his dad into the duck’n’dive business, hustling dodgy wares – knock-off perfumes and jewellery - on some of London’s busiest shopping streets. “It didn’t fall off the back of a lorry,” he told Jay Leno. “Someone pushed them and I caught them. We made thousands!”

6. Model Of Success
All that hard work training for diving success might not have paid off in Olympic glory but it certainly gave The Stath an athlete’s physique, which meant he was earmarked for modeling work. He did campaigns for Hilfiger, Levis and French Connection as well as a silver pants-and-pant music video for Erasure. We’re all just going to have to pretend this didn’t happen.

7. Have A Break…
“Remember,” says the familiar-looking hairline on the other side of the café table, “You are not a salmon.” True dat. The Stath’s biggest break though was a UK commercial for Kit-Kat, were he philosophically points out how daft it is knackering yourself out like the unfortunate upstream swimmer.

8. Licence Fail
The Stath might be a legend in the business for his skills behind the wheel, but when it came to passing his test, he certainly didn’t impress anyone down the DVLA with the ‘bad habits’ he’d already picked up while helping his dad with the driving load on long journeys… aged all of 15. “I failed the test two-or-three times,” he admitted to Leno. “I’d drive to the test, fail, and then drive home.”

9. Acting The Part
Statham didn’t have to do too much acting in his audition for Guy Ritchie for a part in Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels. Challenged with persuading the director to buy a piece of fake jewellery, the actor laid on the pearly patter with an experienced trowel. Ritchie walked away with four bits of tat, while The Stath left the audition with both the part as well as Ritchie’s cash still jingling in his pocket. Now that’s method.

10. On Set Horseplay
Picture the scene. You’re Matthew Vaughn. You’re driving your brand new Porsche around London feeling smug that you’re first big production – Lock, Stock – is currently shooting. You’re revelry is broken by the clunking noise you can hear. Baffled, you take it to a mechanic, who promptly pisses himself laughing. You’re naturally a bit narked to find out that Jason bloody Statham has filled your boot with rusty horseshoes.

11. Chessed Off
The biggest ongoing sporting feud isn’t Barca/Madrid, Ali/Frazier or Kobe/Shaq, but the ongoing chess war between Guy Ritchie and Jason Statham, with each man claiming that he is master of the black & white board.  Describing the director as ‘probably the worst chess player in the world,” Statham insists he’s still owed money from his endless wins. We reckon Deep Blue is crapping itself.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

12. Getting His Ass To Mars
Some people would say that there’s no such thing as a bad choice, as each decision will only lead to another decision, then another, and so on as life plays out. But then those people didn’t drop out of the lead role of Dog Soldiers for a part in John Carpenter’s Ghosts Of Mars like Statham did – only to then get bumped in turn into a smaller role by Ice Cube, who later called the movie the worst of his career.

13. Getting Real On Vicky Vale
The Stath’s Cellular co-star Kim Basinger decided that she needed a real scare to get her into the part of the kidnapped victim and asked him to surprise her. So he attacked her throat with a belt. She certainly looks scared in the movie.

14. Never Crude…
The Transporter’s infamous oil-slick getaway sequence – where Frank covers himself in the black stuff to evade capture – turned Statham into a ladies’ favourite. They might be even happier to know that it’s actually syrup that the Stath slathers himself in – you’ll certainly never have accused him of being sweet before. Pour some sugar on him.

15. Learning From The Best
When it comes to a remake of the national-treasure Italian Job, any Brit worth his Union Jack grundies knows he’s got to really step up when it comes to the driving. As the cast’s sole Brit representative – playing Handsome Rob – the Stath spent time under the tutelage of former F1 champion Damon Hill to guarantee that he could fly the flag proudly. In the event, it turned out that neither he nor Mark Wahlberg was as good behind the wheel as co-star Charlize Theron.

16. Kicking Off
A talented soccer player, Statham is a floating member of Hollywood United FC – the team set up by Sex Pistol’s guitarist Steve Jones. The Stath has to be careful these days in order to avoid picking up a career-knacking knock, but when he does play he can count Dermot Mulroney, Robbie Williams and – of course - longtime Stath-pal and Gazza-grabber Vinnie Jones among his teammates. If you play them, wear a cup.

17. A Cunning Stuntman
Whether it’s 150mph motor pursuits on the streets of Miami, somersaulting through a window while attached to a chair, driving a jet ski onto dry land or just straight-forward hand-to-axe combat, Statham does nearly all his own stunts – that’s why he’s The Stath. In this week’s Parker, he winds up going over a balcony and then clinging onto the edge 50 stories high. “Call it crazy, but I feel if I didn’t do them myself, I’d be cheating the audience.”

18. Getting Cranked
Reasoning that it would look fake in CGI, The Stath even performed Crank’s climactic helicopter fight, hanging on a helicopter 2,000 feet over downtown LA. “You just have a small belt and a very thin wire that will save you from falling if you do slip on the skis. The whole time you’re outside of the helicopter and the blades are turning and if you look down, it’s pretty scary.”

19. Chinatown
Crank’s now-legendary Chinatown love scene didn’t just surprise audiences. The extras had no idea they were about to see a simulated public nookie session – complete with The Stath’s pale arse a-quiver – and their shocked-turned-delighted reactions are genuine. “To some people, that would be a terrifying stunt,” proffered Statham. “For me, it was a great day at the office.”

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

20. Horsing Around
Unfortunately for Jason, Crank 2-filmmaking duo Neveldine/Taylor moved his ‘office’ from Chinatown to a horse track. Pushing the wheelbarrow in public with Amy Smart is a tricky enough ask, without having to do it on the hoof-pounded, scat-skidded ground too. “There is horse sh*t in the mud,” Amy smarted, “and I felt dirty and gross and I just needed a shower.”

21. Fit To Drive
Neither Kit-Kats or breaks were not on the menu when it came to training for Death Race. Statham trained so hard that over three months he managed to drop his body fat level from 20% to a truly impressive 6%. He lost around 17lbs in six weeks thanks to a brutal fitness regime and a diet of raw veg mixed with bitter food envy. “No calories. No taste.”

22. Head Of The Fanclub
While researching Death Race at the ultra rough, maximum-security Corcoran Prison, CA, Statham and director Paul ‘Look, I’m not PT, for chrissakes’ Anderson were approached by one inmate who pointed out that the bald-headed Brit chappie looked “just like Jason Statham.” The prisoner certainly knew a good noggin when he saw one – he turned out to be a mass-murderer with a long history of decapitations.

23. Not Coming To Play, Boy
The Stath probably isn’t the first guy to get thrown out of the Playboy mansion, but he’s probably the only one to get red-carded for refusing to pose with the girls. While wearing only a bathrobe, he decided to play it cool while attending a party there in 2008. Apparently Hugh Hefner disapproved of Statham’s snub and had his security transport him to the nearest exit.

24. Bugging Out
Given his reputation for mad motor skills, you’d have expected The Stath to have had his collar felt by the cops at some point. You probably wouldn’t have imagined it to have been for driving a golf buggy – the star allegedly getting a wrist-slap from the law after taking a ‘borrowed’ cart for a joyride on the motorway following a heavy party session at Coachella 2010 with his ex-squeeze and Hills star Kristin Cavallari.

25. Plane Lucky
Statham wasn’t supposed to be the one firing the plane’s nose-cone cannons in The Expendables, but his writer/director/star Stallone decided to swap places with his younger co-star on the day of shooting. The Stath gamely stepped up to the plate and into the sky. Afterwards, the pilot pointed out that the engine was leaking and they were lucky to have stayed in the air. And then a few months after shooting, the plane didn’t: it’s now a big compacted cube of scrap metal.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: 25 Things You (Probably) Didn't Know About Jason Statham
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 01:48:31 AM »
worst 240 thread ever

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 03:19:23 AM »
I first saw him in Snatch and never would have picked him to become a cinema action hero.

I really thought the next film hard man out of the UK was going to be Vinnie Jones.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 03:48:19 AM »
I first saw him in Snatch and never would have picked him to become a cinema action hero.

I really thought the next film hard man out of the UK was going to be Vinnie Jones.
Vinnir has done well for himself...he's coming up.

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 04:17:01 AM »
He was born in shirebrook,the same village as me,(also John Hurt as well),but he used to say he was from chesterfield which is a town a few miles away.He lived about 200 metres away from me,but i don`t really remember him cause he`s a lot younger than me,but a mate of mine used to baby sit for him when he was about 6 years old and my mate said that Jason always used to snitch on him when he had his girlfriend come round.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 04:35:51 AM »

Meaningless

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 05:33:53 AM »
Celebrity gossip. Awesome.  ::)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 03:32:47 PM »
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=40074

Jason Statham On For The Mechanic 2

Jason Statham’s 2010 action-thriller The Mechanic was a throwaway hitman thriller that was a lot more fun and a lot less po-faced than it first appeared. It had a terrific poster, a bit where Stath stuck on some Schubert (not even at gunpoint) and more double-crossing than a stack of hot cross buns. Simon West handled that one and now, according to The Hollywood Reporter, the monkey wrench is being passing to versatile German director Dennis Gansel for a sequel that will see Statham back in action as ronin-like hitman – or ‘mechanic’ – Arthur Bishop.

Gansel is a filmmaker who Hollywood has been trying to get its claws into for some time now. Back in 2008 he got good notices for The Wave, a pungent social satire about a teacher who establishes a dictatorship in his classroom, and terrorist thriller The Fourth State followed four years later and also impressed. The Mechanic 2 will give him the chance to show his wares with more a straightforward genre piece.

It’s no surprise (or major spoiler) to say that the first film left Statham’s mechanic at large and primed to get back to work. Expect more inventive offings from the cultured assassin, more doting lady pals and more cool cars.

The Berlin Film Festival may be better known for its art house leanings and auteur-y schmoozings, but there’s also a big movie bazaar attached and Nu Image Films will be hoping the appeal of tapping Statham’s loyal fan base helps win The Mechanic 2 backing from the money men present.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 03:37:40 PM »
26. His family gave up his genetically inferior brother to a group of travelling gypsies from Romania

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 03:44:00 PM »
bald head

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2014, 05:52:10 PM »
When is Crank 3 coming out.......these flicks made laugh... ;D

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2014, 11:06:48 PM »
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=40108

Ed Skrein Is The New Transporter
He'll succeed The Stath as Frank Martin

Well, this update couldn’t have arrived much more quickly if Frank Martin had been delivering it himself… Hot on the (w)heels of yesterday’s confirmation that the Transporter franchise will indeed be going to reboot route for its new entries, Variety reports that Ill Manors’ Ed Skrein is the man to follow The Stath as the tough-nut central character.

Skrein, who also appeared in Game Of Thrones as Daario Naharis (though he’s been replaced for Season 4 by Michael Huisman) will play a younger version of Frank Martin. The new movie will serve as an origin story for the man, which includes his interactions with his father. The producers, which include Luc Besson, are apparently looking for someone notable to take that role.

“We searched everywhere to find a fresh face who had the potential to become an action movie star and we’ve found the right match with Ed Skrein, who’s not only a great actor but also has enough charisma and physical stamina to play Frank Martin with brio,” EuropaCorp CEO Christophe Lambert tells the trade mag.

Bill Collage and Adam Cooper are behind the script for this one, with Transporter 3 editor (and Brick Mansions director) Camille Delamarre on to call the shots. He’ll start the cameras cranking this June on the French Rivera and may end up making all three of the planned new trilogy.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2014, 11:14:03 PM »
Jason is cool.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2014, 12:33:25 AM »
26. His family gave up his genetically inferior brother to a group of travelling gypsies from Romania
lol

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2014, 03:57:41 PM »
The Transporter tv series premieres tonight:

https://www.facebook.com/TransporterTNT

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2014, 04:40:50 PM »
worst 240 thread ever

Agreed, 240 is past his prime. It may be time to hang it up Dorian, Ronnie, Jay they knew when it was time.

the

THE BEEF

The Onion

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2015, 12:17:10 PM »
Found this video of a greased up Jason Statham dancing(?) in a music video with The Shamen. Mr Statham at 00:40. ;D

Great video btw.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2015, 12:19:26 PM »
Your man crush speaks volumes about what you think about Sev

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2015, 12:22:14 PM »
Spoke a 50+ year old guy in my today, and he told me that he wanted to look like him.
I was flabbergasted...