Author Topic: Summation of liberal vs. conservative view points  (Read 1724 times)

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
Re: Summation of liberal vs. conservative view points
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2013, 10:57:03 AM »
A

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2013, 03:44:27 PM »
Agreed - and as long as the dems are giving handouts to the middle class,

What are you talking about here?

they will keep winning presidential elections.

How do repubs change it?  Half the repubs are that middle-ground, 'moderates' that'll just be a watered down handout version.  Only a cruz or rand will change it - and the party railroads them every time.  Ron Paul getting dissed at the convention 'for the good of the party" for example.  At the time, SOME getbiggers actually supported it to unite the party.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2013, 03:57:43 PM »
O-bummer-care!

That helps the middle class?

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2013, 12:26:10 PM »

Nope.

In fact I don't think it actually "helps" anyone but Big Govt. Low income people and others without coverage have always been able to get medical care one way or another, and of course we're seeing what the ACA is doing to everyone else...

But the ACA is apparently supposed to provide subsidies to some well above the poverty line.

Big govt would certainly love it if no one had any real wealth and EVERYONE was dependent upon them for some form of subsidy just to get by.
A

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2013, 12:50:24 PM »
Nope.

In fact I don't think it actually "helps" anyone but Big Govt. Low income people and others without coverage have always been able to get medical care one way or another, and of course we're seeing what the ACA is doing to everyone else...

But the ACA is apparently supposed to provide subsidies to some well above the poverty line.

Big govt would certainly love it if no one had any real wealth and EVERYONE was dependent upon them for some form of subsidy just to get by.

OK so if it doesn't help the middle class......

You stated:

Subsidies and other govt handouts for some things are actually starting to extend to those making upper 5 figures in some cases - well beyond income "poverty" levels.

I asked:  "Such as"

Still waiting for an answer

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2013, 01:01:44 PM »
OK so if it doesn't help the middle class......

You stated:

I asked:  "Such as"

Still waiting for an answer

Obamacare.

I think where we differ is on the idea of whether "subsidies" actually "help" those who get them.
A

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2013, 01:25:59 PM »
Obamacare.

I think where we differ is on the idea of whether "subsidies" actually "help" those who get them.

Maybe i am misunderstanding you.

It seems like you are contradicting yourself.

First you say:

Subsidies and other govt handouts for some things are actually starting to extend to those making upper 5 figures in some cases - well beyond income "poverty" levels.

I ask:

Such as?

You say:

Obamacare

I say:

You say:

Nope.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2013, 01:53:07 PM »
I guess what we're dealing with here is a failure to communicate?  ;D

I think Obamacare is a bad idea and a Big govt power play.

I think the only people who should get subsidies are those who absolutely need them, and only for necessities.

I don't think people making mid or upper 5 figures should be getting the subsidies Obamacare is apparently going to give some of them.

Big govt seems to want to give away more and more stuff to more and more people - if people can vote free stuff themselves, they probably will. They probably won't vote for the other guy who tells them the country can't afford to give so many of them so much free stuff.

Maybe i am misunderstanding you.

It seems like you are contradicting yourself.

First you say:

I ask:

Such as?

You say:

Obamacare

I say:

You say:

A

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2013, 01:58:16 PM »

I don't think people making mid or upper 5 figures should be getting the subsidies Obamacare is apparently going to give some of them.

Such as?

:D

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2013, 02:06:14 PM »
Such as?

:D

Sorry, I'm not gonna read all 2000+ pages again to try to make a point on a message board.  ;D

Someone who was a guest on one of the news shows whose household grosses something like $80-90k pointed out that they were getting some $ out of it. They explained it, but I didn't take notes or anything. It's probably something that can be googled - I'll see if I can find it when I have more time.
A