Author Topic: does anybody actually like vince basil?  (Read 18093 times)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: does anybody actually like vince basil?
« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2013, 02:57:14 PM »
Basile is a clown I confirmed this with Falcon today.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #101 on: November 30, 2013, 03:08:51 PM »
I think ron refuses to give basile his stars just to troll him.

ron has quite the sense of humor.

Good for Ron. 

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2013, 05:46:47 PM »
^^
I for one don't put you down, I've had the Musclemag ANNUAL with your article on the 1980 Mr. Olympia (as well as excellent photos) since I started lifting back when I was 13!!!

Interesting story re Kennedy. I didn't know what magazines to send my 80 Olympia photos to. I asked my mate Robert Nailon because he had dealings with several of them. Naively, I took his advice. What to send to them? He advised that I shouldn't worry about who gets what and to send them all the same photos! I sent photos and slides to Ironman...Peary Rader paid me a modest sum. I sent the same photos to Musclemag. Kennedy was livid when he saw Ironman using the same photo so he had to pull that cover and use another. My name was mud with Kennedy! I never got paid a cent for my photos and he blacklisted me for life.  I sent the photos to a German magazine...Athletic Sport Journal, I think, but wasn't paid. I was so disappointed by the magazines that I sold all the photos to Nailon with a provision that I could get copies for my own use. He now claims he can't remember that agreement and my ex has the document somewhere.

Robert did me like a dinner! That is why some of his mates call him The Brain!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2013, 05:47:05 PM »
Should definitely have them
booty crushing members around here.

Costanza

• Getbig IV
  • ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Team 5 plates a side on uprights
« Reply #104 on: November 30, 2013, 05:47:49 PM »
Basile is a clown I confirmed this with Falcon today.

x2

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #105 on: November 30, 2013, 06:13:24 PM »
Interesting story re Kennedy. I didn't know what magazines to send my 80 Olympia photos to. I asked my mate Robert Nailon because he had dealings with several of them. Naively, I took his advice. What to send to them? He advised that I shouldn't worry about who gets what and to send them all the same photos! I sent photos and slides to Ironman...Peary Rader paid me a modest sum. I sent the same photos to Musclemag. Kennedy was livid when he saw Ironman using the same photo so he had to pull that cover and use another. My name was mud with Kennedy! I never got paid a cent for my photos and he blacklisted me for life.  I sent the photos to a German magazine...Athletic Sport Journal, I think, but wasn't paid. I was so disappointed by the magazines that I sold all the photos to Nailon with a provision that I could get copies for my own use. He now claims he can't remember that agreement and my ex has the document somewhere.

Robert did me like a dinner! That is why some of his mates call him The Brain!

TL:DR:What You?

the trainer

« Reply #106 on: November 30, 2013, 06:22:41 PM »
Somebody should volunteer to be trained by vince for a few months, eat what he tells you and do his workout program, post some before and after pictures and this should prove if vince theories are right or wrong.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #107 on: November 30, 2013, 06:26:43 PM »
Basile and Goodrum are very very similar in personality. That's why Basile took such a liking
to Goodrum.

As far as Basile, he thinks it's possible to build just as much muscle without drugs as with them, one just has to find the right training program.

Basile thinks 20-50 grams of protein is all that any bodybuilder will ever need and that this statement is supported by science and research.

What more needs to be said of his expertise?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #108 on: November 30, 2013, 06:54:36 PM »
Basile and Goodrum are very very similar in personality. That's why Basile took such a liking
to Goodrum.

A common misconception because we are almost opposites. I tried to help Melvin many years ago because he was being bagged continuously on this forum and elsewhere. I invited him to come to Sydney and even had a woman who would give him room and board. After we found out he was gay that offer sort of evaporated. Keith Jones really took a big stick to Goodrum and even sent him cod pizzas when he was competing. I felt sorry for him because he said he had coupons for meals! So I called him at the hotel he was at and asked if he needed any money. He declined my generosity and couldn't talk because he had company. I think he was there with his husband, Queen Vissy. Melvin now claims I was stalking him! How grateful was that? Those who read the DA thread now know how nasty Goodrum can be. If you look at recent Goodrum threads you won't find posts I put there.

I have integrity whereas Melvin will use any means including lies and fabrications to get even with me and others. I no longer respond to that person.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: November 30, 2013, 06:56:55 PM »
A common misconception because we are almost opposites. I tried to help Melvin many years ago because he was being bagged continuously on this forum and elsewhere. I invited him to come to Sydney and even had a woman who would give him room and board. After we found out he was gay that offer sort of evaporated. Keith Jones really took a big stick to Goodrum and even sent him cod pizzas when he was competing. I felt sorry for him because he said he had coupons for meals! So I called him at the hotel he was at and asked if he needed any money. He declined my generosity and couldn't talk because he had company. I think he was there with his husband, Queen Vissy. Melvin now claims I was stalking him! How grateful was that? Those who read the DA thread now know how nasty Goodrum can be. If you look at recent Goodrum threads you won't find posts I put there.

I have integrity whereas Melvin will use any means including lies and fabrications to get even with me and others. I no longer respond to that person.

Are you a homosexual Vince ? just asking.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #110 on: November 30, 2013, 07:39:22 PM »
Personally, I believe the Vince of this board is obnoxious (internet personality is often a distinctly different style to the real thing) and thus, difficult to "like" per se. 

I know people aren't that kind to him - but I've never had respect (and in fact had contempt) for someone who deals with people being assholes by simply being unkind back.  It's not a particularly effective method.  It's the territory of people who are prepared to waste their time trying to win an argument that will never be one and completely worthless.  Fair is fair and there is no doubt in my mind that Vince Basile is not a bad person, but he is one who infects this board with a negativity that isn't balanced by good humour.

There are a lot of people who are far more obnoxious than Vince, here - they're just less so because the balance is that we're here to amuse ourselves, not argue all the time.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #111 on: November 30, 2013, 11:44:50 PM »
Are you a homosexual Vince ? just asking.

No homo here!

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #112 on: November 30, 2013, 11:50:03 PM »
No homo here!

Not what I heard.

What you?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2013, 11:51:21 PM »
You can see by how long it took the moderators to do something about this thread that something isn't fair dinkum on these forums. Is this the way bodybuilding champions should be treated on Getbig? It amounts to a condoned personal attack. Moving it to this obscure board helps but the crap remains.

Rocket doesn't know me personally yet he makes statements as if they are factual instead of mere opinion.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2013, 11:55:43 PM »
Not what I heard.

What you?

Who the heck are you and what you?  I have not the slightest interest in males that way. Vaginas are sufficient for me. I will not respond to further posts from you. Anonymous trash!

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #115 on: November 30, 2013, 11:58:44 PM »
Who the heck are you and what you?  I have not the slightest interest in males that way. Vaginas are sufficient for me. I will not respond to further posts from you. Anonymous trash!

I am a competitor and I'd gladly challenge you to a pose down.

What you?

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #116 on: December 01, 2013, 03:43:28 AM »

Rocket doesn't know me personally yet he makes statements as if they are factual instead of mere opinion.

That's a ridiculous response and the absolute antithesis of what I actually said.  I acknowledged my judgements of you as personal opinion, I also acknowledge that internet personality does not describe how a person is in real life (read between the lines, Vince - I acknowledged that I do not know you) and I also point out that people give you a lot of shit on this board. 

I've always shot straight with you, Vince.  Always acknowledged the fact that people are unkind to you.  Any "facts" I presented were in your favour (my mistake, I said you weren't funny - well, you're not).

That's why you will never have any sense of righteousness over me, Vince - I don't like the character of you on this board because I don't respect how you deal with that negativity you receive.  That's a legitimate opinion (whether it's fair or not).  The moment you lighten up and deal with trolls how they should be dealt with (ie, not feeding them) is the moment I would retract that opinion. 

All in all, I think that's pretty fair.  I'm not saying that because you're old you're sexually attracted to children, I'm not making up shit about how your photography is some sort of excuse to get away with expressing that, nothing - I never post bullshit about you - at all.   No bullshit - just personal dislike for how you conduct yourself against unfair treatment you receive.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #117 on: December 01, 2013, 06:26:23 AM »
I for one vote that Vince Basile gets his blue stars, any competitor ESPECIALLY winners of contests should receive them- WITHOUT politics getting involved!!!

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
« Reply #118 on: December 01, 2013, 09:10:26 AM »
BASS

ILL

fish has heme-iron

it is making him ILL

BASS-ILL

vince claims "IM A BODYBUILDING PHILOSIPHER" yet cant fathom the subject of dat dere heme-iron wich is making him ill

i feel bad for the guy even his last name is a sign not to be eating meat .

Typical.  99.999% of the entire (educated) world knows that your heme-iron rant is sheer bullshit.  You look for studies that either mention the topic or else draw conclusions that don't support what you claim, or you quote discredited observational studies from obscure journals, or else you ignore the much greater body of evidence that directly contradicts your statements.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #119 on: December 01, 2013, 09:36:25 AM »

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: December 01, 2013, 10:43:57 AM »
He is a old dude that tries to mess with Falcon.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #121 on: December 01, 2013, 01:15:30 PM »
you betta respect tha falcon

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
« Reply #122 on: December 01, 2013, 02:24:26 PM »
He was Mr Canada but can't have competitor stars? Come the fuck on. I think Ron will do what's right this Christmas and give Vince the stars he craves - and deserves!

He won Mr. Canada.  You act like the competitor stars here are more important.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #123 on: December 01, 2013, 04:37:54 PM »
Rocket you are not as smart as you think you are. You fail to see my sense of humour. I guess that is easy to do if you already have made up your mind about someone. You are anonymous. Let see how you would handle slanderous attacks on this forum. So don't think you are morally superior because you are a coward like 90% of forum members are.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #124 on: December 01, 2013, 04:57:22 PM »
He won Mr. Canada.  You act like the competitor stars here are more important.

No, I don't 'act' like that at all. If you understood the point, it's the reverse of that.
O