Author Topic: Question for God believers  (Read 33479 times)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Re: Question for God believers
« Reply #275 on: December 07, 2013, 10:35:24 AM »
Who the hell is God?
God is a man of war  :)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #276 on: December 07, 2013, 10:36:16 AM »
God is a man of war  :)
True most wars are fought over religion.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #277 on: December 07, 2013, 10:38:51 AM »
True most wars are fought over religion.

No.  The majority of wars are fought because some man wants what another man has.  They may fight in the name of "God" but the reality of it is they're in it for themselves.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #278 on: December 07, 2013, 10:41:57 AM »
No.  The majority of wars are fought because some man wants what another man has.  They may fight in the name of "God" but the reality of it is they're in it for themselves.

Religion and politics are just the means by which people rationalize their right to take what another man has.  On the other hand, if you believe that religions are man made, then you must consider the fact that they are designed to encourage such practices of war as they are reflections of the human character.
A

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #279 on: December 07, 2013, 10:44:33 AM »

Religion and politics are just the means by which people rationalize their right to take what another man has.  On the other hand, if you believe that religions are man made, then you must consider the fact that they are designed to encourage such practices of war as they are reflections of the human character.

Christ never said to make war.  He never asked anyone to kill in His name.   I don't have a religion, but instead faith (such as it is).   No one is perfect, but from what little I know of His life, He was very close to it.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #280 on: December 07, 2013, 10:45:09 AM »

Good post.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #281 on: December 07, 2013, 10:47:55 AM »
Christ never said to make war.  He never asked anyone to kill in His name.   I don't have a religion, but instead faith (such as it is).   No one is perfect, but from what little I know of His life, He was very close to it.

Kindness, charity and the capacity to love are also elements of the human character.  Religion can reflect the more positive aspect of the human character as well.
A

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #282 on: December 07, 2013, 10:54:58 AM »
God is a man of war, the Bible says he is

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #283 on: December 07, 2013, 10:57:26 AM »
God is a man of war, the Bible says he is

Man (in general but not always) is a war monger.  We can and should defend ourselves but I have no desire for my neighbor's wife, home or anything else.  If we are to believe the Word, then Christ is not only that Word but the completion of it.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #284 on: December 07, 2013, 01:23:12 PM »
"I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after My own heart, who will do all My will." - Ac 13:22

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #285 on: December 07, 2013, 01:31:44 PM »
Man (in general but not always) is a war monger.  We can and should defend ourselves but I have no desire for my neighbor's wife, home or anything else.  If we are to believe the Word, then Christ is not only that Word but the completion of it.
INDEED

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #286 on: December 07, 2013, 02:35:49 PM »
"I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after My own heart, who will do all My will." - Ac 13:22

David was a Hebrew. I know you Europeans can't help yourselves but quit stealin' our shit.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #287 on: December 07, 2013, 02:39:27 PM »
god is the last human who accumulated all the knowledges of past humans and as a result is immortal, eternal.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #288 on: December 07, 2013, 02:42:03 PM »
David was a Hebrew. I know you Europeans can't help yourselves but quit stealin' our shit.
you are taking credit where it is not due, THROUGH ABRAHAM EVERY NATION WILL BE BLESSED.

So what have black people contributed to every single nation that has blessed all nation? seriously, some blacks are Hebrews and some Hebrews are Jews and some Hebrews are white, this has blessed all nations.

But you need to answer how black people have blessed the nations according to the Bible,HOW?

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #289 on: December 07, 2013, 02:49:09 PM »
The high priests of Ethopia may agree with wiggs

they have the stones from mount sinai afterall

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #290 on: December 07, 2013, 02:50:58 PM »
The high priests of Ethopia may agree with wiggs

they have the stones from mount sinai afterall

The high Priest of Ethiopia is Hebrew, I agree with that but does not mean Wiggs is Hebrew though

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #291 on: December 07, 2013, 02:52:57 PM »
The high Priest of Ethiopia is Hebrew, I agree with that but does not mean Wiggs is Hebrew though
i see

i think wiggs calls all blacks hebrews

i think that's odd given the tribalism of extreme proportions seen in present day africa

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #292 on: December 07, 2013, 03:02:56 PM »

And what if that 'other man' has the same religion?  ::)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #293 on: December 07, 2013, 03:10:17 PM »
i see

i think wiggs calls all blacks hebrews

i think that's odd given the tribalism of extreme proportions seen in present day africa
Arabs, all nations are Hebrew, Jews and Jordanians are Hebrews, some Italians, some Spanish, Some Greeks, Some African tribes including one third of Ethiopians are Hebrews.

One third of the Planet are Hebrews.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #294 on: December 07, 2013, 03:12:00 PM »
Arabs, all nations are Hebrew, Jews and Jordanians are Hebrews, some Italians, some Spanish, Some Greeks, Some African tribes including one third of Ethiopians are Hebrews.

A WIGGS meltdown is on its way...

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #295 on: December 07, 2013, 03:20:08 PM »
A WIGGS meltdown is on its way...
;D

I hope not, I am just outlining what the term Hebrew means by definition  :-\

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #296 on: December 07, 2013, 03:24:52 PM »
;D

I hope not, I am just outlining what the term Hebrew means by definition  :-\

Not saying that one of you is right (in fact I don't care), but he would prob say the same.
So 'religion of peace' becomes 'interpretation of peace', and you might ask yourself "is it (<- the debate) really worth it?"

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #297 on: December 07, 2013, 03:32:05 PM »
Not saying that one of you is right (in fact I don't care), but he would prob say the same.
So 'religion of peace' becomes 'interpretation of peace', and you might ask yourself "is it (<- the debate) really worth it?"
well I see what you mean but in this case he can not argue because the root word for Hebrew is EBER so all descendants of EBER are considered Hebrew, not up to debate here and that means all Abraham descendants including Jacob which is the JEWS and including Ishmael which means all ARAB nations and including Jordanians because they come from LOT, Abraham's nephew.

PS I KNOW YOU DON'T GIVE 2 SHITS BUT JUST GETTING A HEAD START ON WIGGS  :D

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #298 on: December 08, 2013, 03:08:35 AM »
avxo

As usual, I am impressed by your thoughtful and knowledgable reply.  Let me start with your last comment/question first:  I happen to have met Glashow at an MIT forum.  I was just an attendee (being an MIT student at the time), and I have no training in physics at all, just very interested in it, especially cosmology. The panel discussion part of the conference was lightly attended, which helped me get the opportunity to talk with him briefly afterward.

Quite awesome. I'm sure that talking to a physicist of that caliber is a mind-blowing experience.

Where we seem to differ is in a notion of time that includes the Big Bang as an event in a larger stream of events.  I know it is hypothetical (to what degree is a matter of opinion) to talk about time this way, but, as I said, over the last ten years, physicists have been doing it a lot.  Guth actually believes that such discussions are absolutely consistent with known physics, although he does qualify this slightly.

Interesting. I will have to read more on this to discuss his particular theories/ideas.

See his paper on Eternal Inflation (http://cds.cern.ch/record/485381/files/0101507.pdf), and specifically in discussing the beginning of the universe, see pages 11-14, where he refers to our universe as a "pocket universe" that came into being "far" from the beginning, and just naturally talks about events before and after the Big Bang. He even has a diagram with an explicitly labeled time axis that spans the beginnings of multiple pocket universes.

I'll pull the paper down on my Kindle and read it when I have a bit of free time. It might be quite interesting. Assuming these sort of "multiverse" or "universe in a bottle" theories are true, I wonder if there has to be a correlation between a time-like property in the "outside" Universe as opposed to the inside.

Going off on a slight tangent, you may want to read "A New Kind of Science" by Steven Wolfram. Be warned: the book has a very very heavy dose of amour-propre and enough self-exultation to make one burst into flames. I don't think that he develops a new kind of science, but nevertheless some of what he writes is very interesting.

One concept that I found to be very interesting is his proposal that our Universe could be (or at least be modeled as) one huge cellular automaton, and that in such a construct, the concept of time, albeit quantized in nature, would be experienced as such by those inside the simulation.

This sort of thing intrigues me, and even Wolfram doesn't develop a new kind of science, and even if the model he proposes can be proven not to be able to model the Universe - one of the fatal flaws is that it cannot simultaneously handle both special relativity and Bell inequality violations) it still makes for some interesting thought experiments.

Please let me know how you think I am misunderstanding him.

I'm sure you aren't, but I'll take a read. It sounds very interesting.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #299 on: December 08, 2013, 04:06:45 AM »

oth's inner parker manifesting itself ;D