Author Topic: $8 Big Macs coming soon if libtards have their way  (Read 26648 times)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Re: $8 Big Macs coming soon if libtards have their way
« Reply #150 on: December 10, 2013, 03:44:11 PM »
Oh, but it is... The second you move minimum wage to DOUBLE what it is... You're going to have to start moving the entire thing.
::) The entire thing? Everyone in the country doesn't make  $11-22/hour. Anyone making more than $30/hour won't give a shit. Anyone making less than $15 will be thrilled.  

If YOU DON'T think so, then you are being silly.

You can't start paying burger flippers more without expecting everyone else to think their value has gone up. If you are saying that's not true, then you have no understanding about an internal sense of value.

Sorry, but no. People already make vastly different incomes for performing the same exact job and that would remain the case if the minimum wage went up. A particular job doesn't have an inherent value.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #151 on: December 10, 2013, 03:48:24 PM »
::) The entire thing? Everyone in the country doesn't make  $11-22/hour. Anyone making more than $30/hour won't give a shit. Anyone making less than $15 will be thrilled. 

Sorry, but no. People already make vastly different incomes for performing the same exact job and that would remain the case if the minimum wage went up. A particular job doesn't have an inherent value.

It doesn't? You live in a make believe world then.

Skill positions have an an inherent value. Doctors have a skill, they inevitably make more. Plumbers and Welders have a skill. There is a market rate for what they earn.

You are trying to move the market rate to accommodate the people with the least amount of skill. This WILL move the going rate for those who have one.

And bullshit. Anyone who makes any wage is going to say why am I only making X when someone flipping a fucking burger makes Y.

If you don't think so, then you don't understand people or the world we live in.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: December 10, 2013, 03:59:55 PM »
there are plenty of non burger uppers making 12... are they suddenly worth 20? Or are the just going to suddenly be making minum wage instead of a semi decent wage? Because cosf od living is going to go up to compensate for the increase in minimum wage.... its not like suddenly everyone is going to make more and no one is going to have ro oay kore because of it.... raising the minum wage is just going to lower everyone elses standard of living so that people wirh no skills can live better

fuck that.

How so?

it should improve your life, increasing lower-middle class spending capacity is the best thing for an economy, it's what made the US what it is today. I don't think these institutions are interested in your woman's studies degree, so your skills are fine pumpkin.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #153 on: December 10, 2013, 04:15:42 PM »
It doesn't? You live in a make believe world then.

Skill positions have an an inherent value. Doctors have a skill, they inevitably make more. Plumbers and Welders have a skill. There is a market rate for what they earn.
I didn't say that skills don't have value. I said that a particular job doesn't have an inherent value. Just because a cook at one restaurant makes minimum wage does not mean that that is the inherent value of a cook. There are plenty of cooks who make above that. The salaries for doctors varies. The salaries for plumbers varies.

You are trying to move the market rate to accommodate the people with the least amount of skill. This WILL move the going rate for those who have one.
No, it won't. Doctors would not be competing for minimum wage jobs or minimum wage salaries.

And bullshit. Anyone who makes any wage is going to say why am I only making X when someone flipping a fucking burger makes Y.

If you don't think so, then you don't understand people or the world we live in.

Nah.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #154 on: December 10, 2013, 04:56:21 PM »
How so?

it should improve your life, increasing lower-middle class spending capacity is the best thing for an economy, it's what made the US what it is today.

Any of our conservatives/republicans who wants to comment on this?

I don't think these institutions are interested in your woman's studies degree, so your skills are fine pumpkin.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: December 10, 2013, 05:37:27 PM »

It's pretty much common sense, Henry Ford had a cool story talking about why he paid his workers so much, he stated that they could then become consumers of his cars supplying him with happy, productive workers who feel fairly compensated and who are also consumers of his cars. He reaps the most return on his investment and worker productivity is key to a successful business right behind customer service and product quality.

Seriously, think of the mentality of the people on this wage, they do a shit job because it's not a career, it's a job on the way to that, or so they think. However, if minimum wage was a livable salary the service industry would probably pick up. Human psychology is what business is all about. Also, a good scheduler is important, so with that in mind it's customer service, then product quality then on to job mentality, human psychology in that order. sorry missed one, its cust serv, pro qua, job men, hum men and then scheduler. motivation is important also, as is social dynamics of work. So a formula of this would look like this guys, cust+pro+men+ sea+men= Hebrew.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #156 on: December 10, 2013, 08:57:07 PM »
It's pretty much common sense, Henry Ford had a cool story talking about why he paid his workers so much, he stated that they could then become consumers of his cars supplying him with happy, productive workers who feel fairly compensated and who are also consumers of his cars. He reaps the most return on his investment and worker productivity is key to a successful business right behind customer service and product quality.

Seriously, think of the mentality of the people on this wage, they do a shit job because it's not a career, it's a job on the way to that, or so they think. However, if minimum wage was a livable salary the service industry would probably pick up. Human psychology is what business is all about. Also, a good scheduler is important, so with that in mind it's customer service, then product quality then on to job mentality, human psychology in that order. sorry missed one, its cust serv, pro qua, job men, hum men and then scheduler. motivation is important also, as is social dynamics of work. So a formula of this would look like this guys, cust+pro+men+ sea+men= Hebrew.
you seriously dont believe that doubling the wage of unskilled workers isnt going to put a serious hammer into everyone elses cost of living? That the costs arent just going to rise to compensate, and tbose that were naking a living wage before (say, 16 an hour, who are now suddenly finding themselves making minmum wage) arent going to suffer for it? And thay companies arent going to pass rhe increase in cost along to the customers, thereby negating the raise and effectively lowerong everyone elses spending ability?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #157 on: December 11, 2013, 08:02:33 AM »

Oh i agree 100%.

Im curious to hear what the trickle-down people think about this.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #158 on: December 11, 2013, 10:34:44 AM »
Exactly. That's what YOU'RE saying. It isn't what I said nor is it a logical reduction of what I said since that is not how the economy works now.
thank you.
but now you'll just make the baggers more angry
w

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: December 11, 2013, 12:37:35 PM »
you seriously dont believe that doubling the wage of unskilled workers isnt going to put a serious hammer into everyone elses cost of living? That the costs arent just going to rise to compensate, and tbose that were naking a living wage before (say, 16 an hour, who are now suddenly finding themselves making minmum wage) arent going to suffer for it? And thay companies arent going to pass rhe increase in cost along to the customers, thereby negating the raise and effectively lowerong everyone elses spending ability?

No I do, I don't think doubling is the answer, there is a fair number for all based on some key variables. I would ensure a minimum wage job would allow one to live and possibly spend money and not be partially subsidized by tax payers. It would improve the economy and reduce tax payer burden. Right now the poor cost a lot of money, just like with the healthcare industry, reactionary measures will ultimately fail as affluence increases.

Also,the loss would be out of the profits not passed on to the consumer, no one Is going to pay for a 10 dollar big mac, consumers have a choice, expenses of a company are tough shit, probably be ok though as they only made a couple billion in profits last year, they could raise the min wage double and barely fucking feel it dude. What's happening is that automation makes the job pretty much fucking mindless, equals cheap workers, cheap product, huge profits. The consumer pays a little because of the quantity moved, the massive profit is skimmed by the stock holders leaving those fucks working the cooker with the scraps, as it should be In an ideal world. However, reality dictates that these people like to live, thus, they need things to live, the wage now does provide that. Who then supports the remaining amount that is necessary for them to live? hospital expenses, food etc you and me, the tax payer, meanwhile McD's hides untold billons in tax havens, paying an effective tax rate of zero whilst using means paid for by those very same rebated taxes. The end game of all this is ever increasing profits, lower cost of food and a class of needy people dependent on government, supported by the taxpayers.

So when you bite into your 3 dollar burger know that the money you saved is coming right out of you taxes and going into the person who served you the burger. The real winner, the CEO's who pay no taxes and use your money to subsidize their low wages ensuring they have a healthy pool of poor workers who can't argue for more and are in a perpetual state of need.

Then the cycle begins, we need more taxes to pay for shit, more people on welfare then ever, which will only increase, then more taxes, then the economies knees are weak palms sweaty, theirs vomit on it already, mom's spaghetti.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #160 on: December 11, 2013, 01:02:46 PM »
So when you bite into your 3 dollar burger know that the money you saved is coming right out of you taxes and going into the person who served you the burger. The real winner, the CEO's who pay no taxes and use your money to subsidize their low wages ensuring they have a healthy pool of poor workers who can't argue for more and are in a perpetual state of need.

This is partially what I  meant when I said raising minimum on corporations over a certain size would probably be the best thing for the economy. Except I would add that your taxes not only go to subsidize your minimum wage employee, but also his millionaire (billionaire?) bosses. Walmart and McDonald's are two of the largest, if not the two largest, employers in the country, yet for 99% of the workforce, there is no such thing as upward mobility. For those of you saying "It's not meant to be a career, these people are losers", what do you think it does to an economy when the largest employers don't provide a chance at upward mobility? What do you think it does to an economy when the largest employer makes billions in profits, most of which go to line the pockets of a handful of executives? It causes the economy to contract and destabilize. It causes a ridiculously wide income gap. The jobs these corporations create provide almost no benefit to the economy. Realistically, the benefits of Walmart not being able to offer their artificially low prices, not being able to price smaller competitors out of the market and not contributing to what is quickly becoming an insurmountable income gap gets wider every year would more than make up for having to pay $2 more for a big mac or $100 more for a Black friday flatscreen.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #161 on: December 11, 2013, 09:29:29 PM »
im not going to read all your stupidity but i will point out i didnt say unplanned pregnancy, I said unplanned children ::)

And where do you think children come from if not pregnancies? ...the stork?

now piss off and go watch some trailer park boys ;)

I'd rather stick a fork in my eye thank you.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: December 11, 2013, 09:42:55 PM »
This is partially what I  meant when I said raising minimum on corporations over a certain size would probably be the best thing for the economy. Except I would add that your taxes not only go to subsidize your minimum wage employee, but also his millionaire (billionaire?) bosses. Walmart and McDonald's are two of the largest, if not the two largest, employers in the country, yet for 99% of the workforce, there is no such thing as upward mobility. For those of you saying "It's not meant to be a career, these people are losers", what do you think it does to an economy when the largest employers don't provide a chance at upward mobility? What do you think it does to an economy when the largest employer makes billions in profits, most of which go to line the pockets of a handful of executives? It causes the economy to contract and destabilize. It causes a ridiculously wide income gap. The jobs these corporations create provide almost no benefit to the economy. Realistically, the benefits of Walmart not being able to offer their artificially low prices, not being able to price smaller competitors out of the market and not contributing to what is quickly becoming an insurmountable income gap gets wider every year would more than make up for having to pay $2 more for a big mac or $100 more for a Black friday flatscreen.

These CEOs are averaging $9,200 an hour, and people begrudge the guy making their food a living wage? ::)
w

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #163 on: December 12, 2013, 05:21:07 AM »
These CEOs are averaging $9,200 an hour, and people begrudge the guy making their food a living wage? ::)

Oh, yeah.

The fry guy contributes just as much to the success of the corporation as the CEO.

I think those fast food workers who can't even do basic math should get paid $10k an hour. That microwave operator has had the same schooling, has worked as hard and has made the same sacrifices as the CEO or any upper level manager.

Hell, everyone knows pouring soda in a cup is as difficult a task as managing the finances of a business.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: December 12, 2013, 06:04:59 AM »
Oh, yeah.

The fry guy contributes just as much to the success of the corporation as the CEO.

I think those fast food workers who can't even do basic math should get paid $10k an hour. That microwave operator has had the same shooling, has worked as hard and has made the same sacrifices as the CEO or any upper level manager.

Hell, everyone knows pouring soda in a cup is as difficult a task as managing the finances of a business.

McD's have do it yourself fountains, ...and clearly some people have a really hard time pouring soda in a cup

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=506354.msg7147813#msg7147813
w

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: December 12, 2013, 06:56:58 AM »
Oh, yeah.

I think those fast food workers who can't even do basic math should get paid $10k an hour. That microwave operator has had the same shooling, has worked as hard and has made the same sacrifices as the CEO or any upper level manager.

It's not even rational to proportionality son. The make more in a couple days then the people on the front line make in a year, probably far more once bonuses are included. I get the idea of them deserving the most, I do, but to be honest it's greed and nothing more when you are stashing billions like facebook in tax havens, or mcd's.

It's fair in a business sense, but it's raping the world's economy and the countries that allow these corps to operate should reign things in a bit. It's funny that people expose the individulistic attitude yet we are social species. We need each other, fact, we use langauge to communicated ideas and have a prefrontal cortex, we can create synergism with teamwork something impossible with sole workers. If efficiency is key then teamwork is chief.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #166 on: December 12, 2013, 08:51:16 AM »
It's not even rational to proportionality son. The make more in a couple days then the people on the front line make in a year, probably far more once bonuses are included. I get the idea of them deserving the most, I do, but to be honest it's greed and nothing more when you are stashing billions like facebook in tax havens, or mcd's.

It's fair in a business sense, but it's raping the world's economy and the countries that allow these corps to operate should reign things in a bit. It's funny that people expose the individulistic attitude yet we are social species. We need each other, fact, we use langauge to communicated ideas and have a prefrontal cortex, we can create synergism with teamwork something impossible with sole workers. If efficiency is key then teamwork is chief.

15 dollar burger flippers will mean that people who work in retail will start at 15 dollars.

You realize that managers in retail stores make less than that.

On top of your 8 dollar big mac, you will have a pair of levis for 90 bucks.

Yeah, that's gonna work.

You guys who think that doubling the minimum wage is going to be a great thing are going to be sorely surprised should it happen... You won't be able to afford shit yourselves.

You are buffoons.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #167 on: December 12, 2013, 08:53:38 AM »
15 dollar burger flippers will mean that people who work in retail will start at 15 dollars.

Yeah, that's gonna work.

You guys who think that doubling the minimum wage is going to be a great thing are going to be sorely surprised should it happen... You won't be able to afford shit yourselves.

You are buffoons.

tu_holmes ain't lying.    :(

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #168 on: December 12, 2013, 09:01:01 AM »

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: December 12, 2013, 09:08:32 AM »

Yeah, that's gonna work.

You are buffoons.

I didn't state a number anywhere in my post, why are you attributing it to me? I would recommned the min wage be adjusted for inflation and provide more support to those doing those jobs. 10 bucks maybe, or so.

Also, places with higher min wages then the US are doing better economically, Australia has a wage of close to 17 I beleive. Germany institutes illegal wages and are booming. Not only are you patently wrong, creating strawman's with the whole 15 bucks an hour thing and even wrong in practice.

It's not black and white, it's not double or nothing, we aren't playing black jack homie.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #170 on: December 12, 2013, 09:14:12 AM »
I didn't state a number anywhere in my post, why are you attributing it to me? I would recommned the min wage be adjusted for inflation and provide more support to those doing those jobs. 10 bucks maybe, or so.

Also, places with higher min wages then the US are doing better economically, Australia has a wage of close to 17 I beleive. Germany institutes illegal wages and are booming. Not only are you patently wrong, creating strawman's with the whole 15 bucks an hour thing and even wrong in practice.

It's not black and white, it's not double or nothing, we aren't playing black jack homie.

First of all 15 dollars an hour is what people are ASKING for... So it's not about what YOU said... it's about what the people are PROTESTING for.

They are ASKING for 15 dollars an hour.

You compare things to other countries, but those countries don't have things other people here have. Like everyone owning a car. Or needing to drive to work. So now, when you go to get gas in the US and it's moved up to 8 dollars a gallon because the minimum wage has moved.

And someone makes 15 bucks an hour already isn't being paid more... how the fuck are they supposed to afford that 8 dollar a gallon gas to pay the gas station attendant.

The protesters made the number double... That's why everyone is using that number... homie.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #171 on: December 12, 2013, 09:25:26 AM »
from site on internet raise the minimum wage

The minimum wage of the past was a stronger standard, providing significantly more buying power than it does today. After its creation in 1938, the value of the minimum wage rose relatively steadily until its value reached a high point in 1968 (when its nominal value was $1.60 an hour).  Thereafter, it suffered dramatic erosion as Congress failed to adequately correct for inflation over time.

The minimum wage of $1.60 an hour in 1968 would be $10.56 today when adjusted for inflation [see the Bureau of Labor Statistics' Consumer Price Index inflation calculator.]

10.56 doesn't sound unreasonable

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #172 on: December 12, 2013, 09:28:28 AM »
from site on internet raise the minimum wage

The minimum wage of the past was a stronger standard, providing significantly more buying power than it does today. After its creation in 1938, the value of the minimum wage rose relatively steadily until its value reached a high point in 1968 (when its nominal value was $1.60 an hour).  Thereafter, it suffered dramatic erosion as Congress failed to adequately correct for inflation over time.

The minimum wage of $1.60 an hour in 1968 would be $10.56 today when adjusted for inflation [see the Bureau of Labor Statistics' Consumer Price Index inflation calculator.]

10.56 doesn't sound unreasonable

That's definitely a more acceptable number.

I DO agree that it should be raised... I believe it should go with inflation.

That's not a problem at all... the 15 dollars (Which people protested for around the country) is absolutely ridiculous.

The shift will still occur... just not at the ridiculous move doubling it would.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: December 12, 2013, 12:36:06 PM »
First of all 15 dollars an hour is what people are ASKING for... So it's not about what YOU said... it's about what the people are PROTESTING for.

They are ASKING for 15 dollars an hour.

Ok, some are, some are more reasonable and are looking at the numbers, regardless you're point had nothing to do with mine, I didn't say it and I don't think it's a good idea. it needs to go up. No one has gotten that increase and if I recall correctly, no state is over 9.75 per hour

You compare things to other countries, but those countries don't have things other people here have. Like everyone owning a car. Or needing to drive to work. So now, when you go to get gas in the US and it's moved up to 8 dollars a gallon because the minimum wage has moved.

Australia doesn't have the things you have? germany doesn't such a silly point. Ya because as we can see gas is tied to minimum wage with how stable the price has been over the years, while min wage has been stagnant or reducing when adjusted for inflation.

And someone makes 15 bucks an hour already isn't being paid more... how the fuck are they supposed to afford that 8 dollar a gallon gas to pay the gas station attendant.

you are just making up numbers like a boss, have any cool numbers you can make up to help me make my point?

The protesters made the number double... That's why everyone is using that number... homie.

They have that right, I don't agree with it, but they have rights and demands which have been trampled. The fact that min wage is below ten bucks in the states (the super power of the world) is laughable, all it does is create a leaching, teet sucking underclass with no upward mobility.

When someone increases min wage to 15 bucks let me know, otherwise see occupy wall street, protest doesn't always work.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #174 on: December 12, 2013, 02:12:29 PM »
When someone increases min wage to 15 bucks let me know, otherwise see occupy wall street, protest doesn't always work.

Again... That's what they are protesting for.

See my previous post for my agreement that minimum wage should probably be raised, but my point is that 15 bucks an hour is ludicrous.

Also... I don't believe minimum wage should be a federal thing... It should be local.

People in LA and NYC should have a higher minimum wage than other locations.