Author Topic: $8 Big Macs coming soon if libtards have their way  (Read 26415 times)

RRKore

• Getbig IV
Re: $8 Big Macs coming soon if libtards have their way
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2013, 04:17:31 PM »
"Companies with better pay, benefits, and work environments attract better workers."   Then Unions probably would have never taken foot.   I would trust more if there was more competition.

I agree, minimum wage jobs are starter jobs.  The problem is like i was saying, its not enough.

Minimum wage jobs SHOULD be starter jobs.  And, in the past, they were.  It's a shitty new day now, though, I think.

Due the apparent lack of jobs and to the economy being more of a service-based one, I often see senior citizens working in fast food restaurants these days which is something I never saw back when I was a teenager working at Burger King.  I

I don't see anyone here factoring in this shitty fact of life when discussing the proposed minimum wage hike.

In theory, I totally agree with the idea that minimum wage job is something for a new and unskilled worker to cut their teeth on before moving on to better-paying jobs but if there are no better paying jobs available then you come off as if you're saying of these poor-ass mofo's, "let them eat cake".

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2013, 04:26:42 PM »
Minimum wage jobs SHOULD be starter jobs.  And, in the past, they were.  It's a shitty new day now, though, I think.

Due the apparent lack of jobs and to the economy being more of a service-based one, I often see senior citizens working in fast food restaurants these days which is something I never saw back when I was a teenager working at Burger King.  I

I don't see anyone here factoring in this shitty fact of life when discussing the proposed minimum wage hike.

In theory, I totally agree with the idea that minimum wage job is something for a new and unskilled worker to cut their teeth on before moving on to better-paying jobs but if there are no better paying jobs available then you come off as if you're saying of these poor-ass mofo's, "let them eat cake".

the problem with your stance is there are actually plenty of jobs out there for people with the right skill, abilities or willingness to relocate.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2013, 06:02:21 PM »
If they pay fast food workers $15/hour and in turn Big Macs double in price I think thats a good thing.  That crap shouldn't be served and maybe will stop buying them.

I think trusting a free market system to pay a fair wage is fantasy but at the same time i don't think $15 an hour should be minimum wage.

Here's the problem i see:

In the 80's in N. California when minimum wage was $5 per hour a full time minimum wage worker would gross $800 per month and could get a decent 2-bedroom apartment for $400-$500 per month.  So 2 people on minimum wage could get by.

Now, a full time minimum wage worker, grosses $1280 per month and a decent 2-bedroom Apartment is $1000-$1200/month.

Considering all other things are higher in price now, it would seem minimum wage hasn't kept up here.

BINGO.....minimum wage has fallen behind with inflation.  In 1995, I worked at Montgomery Ward for 5.00 an hour....however my apartment was 295 a month including all utilities, gas was a 1.25 a gallon, etc. 

Now minimum wage is 7.25.....Gas is 4.00 a gallon, that same apartment is now 850 bucks a month that I live in.   Sorry but while I don't believe in a 15.00/hr fast food worker, I think they could raise it just a tad bit....not much but at least enough to live on
A

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2013, 06:16:55 PM »

BINGO.....minimum wage has fallen behind with inflation.  In 1995, I worked at Montgomery Ward for 5.00 an hour....however my apartment was 295 a month including all utilities, gas was a 1.25 a gallon, etc. 

Now minimum wage is 7.25.....Gas is 4.00 a gallon, that same apartment is now 850 bucks a month that I live in.   Sorry but while I don't believe in a 15.00/hr fast food worker, I think they could raise it just a tad bit....not much but at least enough to live on

Fuck that, Vince.

I want my McDoubles to stay right around a dollar each.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2013, 06:33:52 PM »
the problem with your stance is there are actually plenty of jobs out there for people with the right skill, abilities or willingness to relocate.

Those are some challenging caveats, mang.  Not to mention that I don't think the unemployment numbers totally support what you're saying.  (Plenty of jobs for ALL people?) 

I could be wrong, though, and would be happy to look over any supporting links you might have time to post.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2013, 06:38:16 PM »
Those are some challenging caveats, mang.  Not to mention that I don't think the unemployment numbers totally support what you're saying.  (Plenty of jobs for ALL people?) 

I could be wrong, though, and would be happy to look over any supporting links you might have time to post.
where did I say for "all people", I specifically stated for ppl with the right skills, education and willingness to move.

Now when you can prove to me that these people dont have the mental or physical ability to obtain that education or skill and they for some reason CANNOT move to where the jobs are I will start to have pity.

fact is the vast majority of these people have the mental capacity and physical ability to do better in life.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2013, 06:54:38 PM »
where did I say for "all people", I specifically stated for ppl with the right skills, education and willingness to move.

Now when you can prove to me that these people dont have the mental or physical ability to obtain that education or skill and they for some reason CANNOT move to where the jobs are I will start to have pity.

fact is the vast majority of these people have the mental capacity and physical ability to do better in life.

Vast majority?  "Do better in life"?  What does that mean? 

We are still talking about folks being able to secure jobs that pay a living wage (a few dollars over min wage, anyway), aren't we? 

Saying "vast majority" means that, what?, 70+% of the current number of folks who are unemployed + the ones in minimum wage jobs can find jobs making a living wage if they get skills, education and are willing to relocate? 

Is that correct because I'm trying to understand what you're saying specifically? 

(If you aren't really speaking from actual knowledge, but only from an ideological standpoint, that's ok but if so, it'd be nice if you'd say that now before I waste time seeing if I can find support for your claims on the interwebs, ya know?)

What's bugging me, I guess, is that I know you have some formal business education so though I haven't heard you mention it, I'm sure you must be more informed than me about how we've moved to a service-based economy and what that does to the overall supply of available jobs that pay a living wage. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2013, 07:08:30 PM »
Vast majority?  "Do better in life"?  What does that mean? 

We are still talking about folks being able to secure jobs that pay a living wage (a few dollars over min wage, anyway), aren't we? 

Saying "vast majority" means that, what?, 70+% of the current number of folks who are unemployed + the ones in minimum wage jobs can find jobs making a living wage if they get skills, education and are willing to relocate? 

Is that correct because I'm trying to understand what you're saying specifically? 

(If you aren't really speaking from actual knowledge, but only from an ideological standpoint, that's ok but if so, it'd be nice if you'd say that now before I waste time seeing if I can find support for your claims on the interwebs, ya know?)

What's bugging me, I guess, is that I know you have some formal business education so though I haven't heard you mention it, I'm sure you must be more informed than me about how we've moved to a service-based economy and what that does to the overall supply of available jobs that pay a living wage. 

First define "living wage"?

I agree on the move from a manufacturing based economy to a more service based economy. I actually posted the same exact thing a week or so ago and believe got laughed at by some of your liberal bretheren.

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/the-numbers-count-mental-disorders-in-america/index.shtml#Intro

"An estimated 26.2 percent of Americans ages 18 and older — about one in four adults — suffer from a diagnosable mental disorder in a given year". Now this includes a lot of disorders that would not prevent people from obtaining higher education.

In reality the fact that these people have a job even as menial as fast food worker shows they have the mental capacity to learn and be responsible at least on a basic level.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2013, 07:17:56 PM »
First define "living wage"?

I agree on the move from a manufacturing based economy to a more service based economy. I actually posted the same exact thing a week or so ago and believe got laughed at by some of your liberal bretheren.

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/the-numbers-count-mental-disorders-in-america/index.shtml#Intro

"An estimated 26.2 percent of Americans ages 18 and older — about one in four adults — suffer from a diagnosable mental disorder in a given year". Now this includes a lot of disorders that would not prevent people from obtaining higher education.

In reality the fact that these people have a job even as menial as fast food worker shows they have the mental capacity to learn and be responsible at least on a basic level.

Naw, I can already tell that we basically agree too much on this subject to make this worthwhile. (Besides I gotta go and argue with some fools about Thailand's political unrest on another forum.  -  Mofo's get hot over there! lol)
BTW, fuck my liberal brethren!  Don't take that shit. lol   

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2013, 07:22:07 PM »
Naw, I can already tell that we basically agree too much on this subject to make this worthwhile. (Besides I gotta go and argue with some fools about Thailand's political unrest on another forum.  -  Mofo's get hot over there! lol)
BTW, fuck my liberal brethren!  Don't take that shit. lol   
hahah give em hell

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2013, 07:25:05 PM »
You're crazy if you think doubling wages will not result in price increases.  Of course prices will increase.  They always do when there is a significant increase in overhead.  The companies are not just going to reduce their profit margin. 

Vince outsources shit man. He knows what hes talking about.

/sarcasm

that comment definitely belongs up there with the dumbest shit hes ever said. Maybe even topping the airsoft comment.

Like doubling your most expensive cost (labor is historically a companies largest expense) isnt going to result in a significantly more expensive product....because im sure the companies are going to be just fine with having their profits cut by at least a third.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2013, 07:34:13 PM »

/sarcasm

that comment definitely belongs up there with the dumbest shit hes ever said. Maybe even topping the airsoft comment.

Like doubling your most expensive cost (labor is historically a companies largest expense) isnt going to result in a significantly more expensive product....because im sure the companies are going to be just fine with having their profits cut by at least a third.
LOL I almost forgot about the airsoft to functioning fully automatic weapons comment

you do have to hand it to good ole vince though, he really is a high functioning retard.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2013, 08:07:14 PM »

/sarcasm

Sounds like he read Tim Ferriss and the 4 hour workweek.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2013, 07:00:30 AM »

/sarcasm

Outsourcing has increased my income tremendously.  My total revenue for this year is over 250k and that's no shit neither.  I will be investing most of it into new ventures but I'm one step closer to my self sufficient home that I'm building that will allow me to retire comfortably early and travel the world.  I work in a global universe so I'm getting a full time employee for pennies on the dollar.

But the fact is that minimum wage is not in line with basic living and as a result...more people need government assistance draining our tax dollars while businesses are increasing their profit margins.  Starve the poor and the poor will revolt

A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2013, 08:42:48 AM »

/sarcasm

Agree.  Makes no sense.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2013, 08:51:19 AM »
Not surprised.

Obama to push for minimum wage hike in economy remarks
Posted by
CNN Senior White House Correspondent Brianna Keilar and CNN White House Producer Kevin Liptak

Washington (CNN) - The growing gap between rich and poor, and its effect on Americans' ability to achieve their goals, will be President Barack Obama's focus Wednesday as more attention falls on the plight of low-wage workers, according to White House officials.

In an address sponsored by the Center for American Progress, a left-leaning think tank, Obama will again return his focus to the persistent issue of his presidency: an economy that's still struggling to recover from the downturn of 2008.

In his speech, the President will argue that income disparity threatens the wellbeing of middle class Americans as well as the larger chance for upward mobility, and he'll make another pitch for raising the minimum wage.

"President Obama will discuss the twin challenges of growing income inequality and shrinking economic mobility and how they pose a fundamental threat to the American Dream," a White House official said late Tuesday in describing the speech, adding the remarks would serve as an economic blueprint for the president's final three years in office.

Democrats on Capitol Hill have pushed an increase in the federal minimum wage, which currently stands at $7.25 an hour. A proposal would boost it to about $10, and the White House has said Obama supports such a measure.

On Wednesday, Obama will also make a general push to simplify the tax code, provide more work training in high schools, and make it easier for Americans to save for retirement.

The speech comes as public approval of Obama sinks to new lows. The botched rollout of HealthCare.gov, coupled with stories of people losing their health plans, has contributed to the drop, but more Americans also say they disapprove of the President's handling of the economy, five years after the downturn.

A CNN/ORC Poll taken in November showed 59% of respondents said things were going badly in the country today. Thirty-nine percent – a plurality – said economic conditions are getting worse.

While Wall Street indexes and corporate earnings have reached new highs, the situation for low and middle class Americans has largely remained dire, including a jobless rate that remains high and scores of people who have given up looking for work.

The problem of income disparity, and the fight for a higher minimum wage, have gained renewed attention in the past weeks – low wage fast food workers have staged one-day strikes across the country demanding higher paychecks, and protesters stood outside Wal-Marts and other box stores on Black Friday demanding employees be paid better.

Obama's remarks Wednesday will take place at a theater and arts facility in Washington's Southeast quadrant, an area of the capital where incomes remain low and 45% of the population lives below the poverty line.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/12/04/obama-to-push-for-minimum-wage-hike-in-economy-remarks/

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2013, 11:25:05 AM »

Outsourcing has increased my income tremendously.  My total revenue for this year is over 250k and that's no shit neither.  I will be investing most of it into new ventures but I'm one step closer to my self sufficient home that I'm building that will allow me to retire comfortably early and travel the world.  I work in a global universe so I'm getting a full time employee for pennies on the dollar.

But the fact is that minimum wage is not in line with basic living and as a result...more people need government assistance draining our tax dollars while businesses are increasing their profit margins.  Starve the poor and the poor will revolt

if you post a legit pic of your w2 with your name stating that you earned a FUCKING QUARTER MILLION DOLLARS, Ill delete my acct.

hell, if you can post anything legitimately stating you earned half that, ill delete my acct.

and no, sales from your website cant be added in. I want to see a legit 125k gross income.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2013, 11:35:47 AM »
Not surprised.

Obama to push for minimum wage hike in economy remarks
Posted by
CNN Senior White House Correspondent Brianna Keilar and CNN White House Producer Kevin Liptak

Washington (CNN) - The growing gap between rich and poor, and its effect on Americans' ability to achieve their goals, will be President Barack Obama's focus Wednesday as more attention falls on the plight of low-wage workers, according to White House officials.

In an address sponsored by the Center for American Progress, a left-leaning think tank, Obama will again return his focus to the persistent issue of his presidency: an economy that's still struggling to recover from the downturn of 2008.

In his speech, the President will argue that income disparity threatens the wellbeing of middle class Americans as well as the larger chance for upward mobility, and he'll make another pitch for raising the minimum wage.

"President Obama will discuss the twin challenges of growing income inequality and shrinking economic mobility and how they pose a fundamental threat to the American Dream," a White House official said late Tuesday in describing the speech, adding the remarks would serve as an economic blueprint for the president's final three years in office.

Democrats on Capitol Hill have pushed an increase in the federal minimum wage, which currently stands at $7.25 an hour. A proposal would boost it to about $10, and the White House has said Obama supports such a measure.

On Wednesday, Obama will also make a general push to simplify the tax code, provide more work training in high schools, and make it easier for Americans to save for retirement.

The speech comes as public approval of Obama sinks to new lows. The botched rollout of HealthCare.gov, coupled with stories of people losing their health plans, has contributed to the drop, but more Americans also say they disapprove of the President's handling of the economy, five years after the downturn.

A CNN/ORC Poll taken in November showed 59% of respondents said things were going badly in the country today. Thirty-nine percent – a plurality – said economic conditions are getting worse.

While Wall Street indexes and corporate earnings have reached new highs, the situation for low and middle class Americans has largely remained dire, including a jobless rate that remains high and scores of people who have given up looking for work.

The problem of income disparity, and the fight for a higher minimum wage, have gained renewed attention in the past weeks – low wage fast food workers have staged one-day strikes across the country demanding higher paychecks, and protesters stood outside Wal-Marts and other box stores on Black Friday demanding employees be paid better.

Obama's remarks Wednesday will take place at a theater and arts facility in Washington's Southeast quadrant, an area of the capital where incomes remain low and 45% of the population lives below the poverty line.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/12/04/obama-to-push-for-minimum-wage-hike-in-economy-remarks/

Does this doofus understand that the biggest gap in income disparity occurred and endures during his presidency?

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2013, 11:36:47 AM »
A

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2013, 12:35:58 PM »
Obummer: "My approval rating is in the 30s. Let me throw them a bone by talking about the need for increasing the minimum wage and make them forget about crapcare."

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2013, 12:41:18 PM »
if you post a legit pic of your w2 with your name stating that you earned a FUCKING QUARTER MILLION DOLLARS, Ill delete my acct.

hell, if you can post anything legitimately stating you earned half that, ill delete my acct.

and no, sales from your website cant be added in. I want to see a legit 125k gross income.

revenue is not the same as gross....and I'll likely hit 300k by the end of the year
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2013, 12:48:19 PM »

revenue is not the same as gross....and I'll likely hit 300k by the end of the year

???  You mean not the same as net? 

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2013, 01:11:33 PM »

LOL!

This is the type of person that voted and still spew support for the jokeinchief.

They are clueless.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2013, 02:20:16 PM »

typo, BB....it happens
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2013, 02:31:14 PM »

typo, BB....it happens

Ok.  Thanks for clarifying.