Author Topic: Would you like to donate a dollar to....  (Read 4761 times)

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
Re: Would you like to donate a dollar to....
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2013, 10:35:05 AM »
roughly 90% of every dollar you give goes to "fundraising costs". I.E. salaries of charity employees (everybody from the people asking for money to the CEO/President)

that's true for MOST charities... red cross included.

R.A.M.

• Getbig IV
  • BOOM!! Take a Look at this hunk of Man.
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2013, 10:58:34 AM »
I just pay my taxes instead of donating.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2013, 12:21:12 PM »
The chain stores ask you for a dollar donation then donates in their name.  ::) Even if they contribute to the charity amount they are getting the tax write off. They also can pay salary toward operating expenses of collecting the money. Give to the charity of your choice not to the store's choice.

Another scam is all the celebrities with foundations in their name. As the head of their foundation they can draw a salary and operating expenses. All their contributions are a tax write off. Only a small percentage can go toward the charities cause with the rest going toward "operating" expenses.

The are real charities out there like the Salvation Army. I will not give a cent to the Red Cross and many others. The Red Cross is so opportunistic when a disaster strikes. The money they collect does not have to go toward the disaster they are asking money for. When the hurricane hit the east coast shore region where I live I have yet to find a person that got anything from the Red Cross. 

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2013, 12:24:10 PM »
Probably 50 cent from Falcon at BP on a daily basis.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2013, 12:29:33 PM »
The last time I got hit with this, I stopped the guy right as he went into his...would you like to...
I replied, "I knew it was going to be something.  I remember years ago when you could just by something and not get asked to give."
It's just more modern age greed.  Another time I was at the movies.  It's not bad enough they charge almost $10 a ticket, but then have the balls to ask you to put up more for some random shit.  How about, you take your inflated ticket price and use a dollar off each sale, if you're company truly cared.
Same with, "Do you have a Walgreens, CVS, Smiths, Exxon....rewards card?"  Or, "What is your address?"  Listen dipshit, I came her to get some AA batteries.  I don't give a shit about your sick babies or mailing list, just ring me the fuck up....btw, you should check out getbig.com...I post there every now and then...and I'm currently grieving for Derek Anthony, so show a little more concern next time I come in here.

Modern greed.  More advertising, telemarketing, door to door...just leave me alone and go play with your iPhone.
N

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2013, 02:25:58 PM »

I just earn 60% of my income in cash instead of paying taxes ;)

macos

• Getbig IV
  • Jamie Dimon get some $$ please.
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2013, 02:31:01 PM »
Use donating to save taxes
$

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2013, 02:35:07 PM »
Use donating to save taxes

easier said than done. only helps if you donate enough to drop you out of a tax bracket.... or you're a business.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2013, 11:19:40 PM »
The last time I got hit with this, I stopped the guy right as he went into his...would you like to...
I replied, "I knew it was going to be something.  I remember years ago when you could just by something and not get asked to give."
It's just more modern age greed.  Another time I was at the movies.  It's not bad enough they charge almost $10 a ticket, but then have the balls to ask you to put up more for some random shit.  How about, you take your inflated ticket price and use a dollar off each sale, if you're company truly cared.
Same with, "Do you have a Walgreens, CVS, Smiths, Exxon....rewards card?"  Or, "What is your address?"  Listen dipshit, I came her to get some AA batteries.  I don't give a shit about your sick babies or mailing list, just ring me the fuck up....btw, you should check out getbig.com...I post there every now and then...and I'm currently grieving for Derek Anthony, so show a little more concern next time I come in here.

Modern greed.  More advertising, telemarketing, door to door...just leave me alone and go play with your iPhone.

"Almost $10"?

Shit, where do you live... I've paid 22 bucks for a ticket before  :-\