Author Topic: Mt Everest has around 200 dead bodies (pics)  (Read 35661 times)

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
Re: Mt Everest has around 200 dead bodies (pics)
« Reply #100 on: December 18, 2013, 07:39:14 PM »
There was a big scandal a few years back because a TV channel from New Zealand actually recorded a man dying and left him to die, even though the man was begging for help.

These fuckers get home to NZ and actually show the "harshness" of Everest to everyone's amazement and disgust.

That's the reason why the Discovery Channel stopped running that "Climbing Everest" show, because it was a really fucked up place to be in.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2013, 07:49:37 PM »
Squadfather will be back on Getbig once he's completed conquering Everest.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2013, 08:54:30 PM »
David Sharp

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2013, 10:54:27 PM »
 ;Dop

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: December 18, 2013, 11:02:22 PM »
The speed that US blacks walk it would take 2.5 yrs to climb it. Not to mention frostbite on the buttocks with pants hanging down.

Nice bottle of Johnie Walker for you  ;)

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: December 18, 2013, 11:05:52 PM »
Any GB who conquered Mt.Olympus ?, BB mountain  :D who care about other hills  :),

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #107 on: December 18, 2013, 11:33:20 PM »
Any GB who conquered Mt.Olympus ?, BB mountain  :D who care about other hills  :),

Amen.

I want to do a "Everybody wants to live forever" pose on that mountain ;D

And a "javelin thrower pose".

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #108 on: December 18, 2013, 11:59:37 PM »
I cant wait to get up there and freeze to death.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #109 on: December 19, 2013, 07:01:26 AM »
Interesting.
I hope i wouldnt be one of them because of air plane crush on the top of mountain..

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #110 on: December 19, 2013, 07:05:18 AM »
There was a big scandal a few years back because a TV channel from New Zealand actually recorded a man dying and left him to die, even though the man was begging for help.

These fuckers get home to NZ and actually show the "harshness" of Everest to everyone's amazement and disgust.

That's the reason why the Discovery Channel stopped running that "Climbing Everest" show, because it was a really fucked up place to be in.

Honestly, who cares?   These idiots want to do it precisely because its dangerous. If they die, they die.  Same with dumbass hikers, ski boarders etc... who venture into dangerous areas.  We should not waste time, money and manpower "rescuing" them.   They would stop doing that dumb shit without a safety net. 

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #111 on: December 19, 2013, 08:51:27 AM »
NOT sure if this has been mentioned yet, but for a detailed list of people who died climbing Mount Everest … including name / date / age / cause of death and location, GO HERE >>>>>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_who_died_climbing_Mount_Everest

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #112 on: December 19, 2013, 09:12:37 AM »
I do a lot of reading and have read a few great books regarding Everest climbs and recall an incident in which two climbers fell over the side of a cliff while tied together.

The climber on the higher end of the rope realizing that the situation was hopeless ended up cutting the rope in order to save his own life.

Not positive but I sort of recall that the climber who was 'released' fell into some sort of crevase and had no way to go but DOWN further into the ice flow and eventually found a way out and returned to base camp in pretty bad condition, but still alive.

There seemed to be some question about murder charges, etc.

Anyone recall this incident or the name of the book which was eventually made into a very interesting movie???

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #113 on: December 19, 2013, 09:47:21 AM »
I do a lot of reading and have read a few great books regarding Everest climbs and recall an incident in which two climbers fell over the side of a cliff while tied together.

The climber on the higher end of the rope realizing that the situation was hopeless ended up cutting the rope in order to save his own life.

Not positive but I sort of recall that the climber who was 'released' fell into some sort of crevase and had no way to go but DOWN further into the ice flow and eventually found a way out and returned to base camp in pretty bad condition, but still alive.

There seemed to be some question about murder charges, etc.

Anyone recall this incident or the name of the book which was eventually made into a very interesting movie???

Touching the void. Fantastic film. Not Everest though.
O

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
« Reply #114 on: December 19, 2013, 10:14:25 AM »

I believe The Falcon did this and Everest already.  He drank a bunch of beers, worked out near a pond, did 8 hrs manual labor, ate bags of white potatoes, and then took a giant pyramid shit which lifted him to the peaks of both mountains.  Don't ever doubt the powers of John Falcon.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #115 on: December 19, 2013, 10:20:11 AM »
Thanks, TRUEGRIT. I'm gonna look for the video/book once again. I recommend it to one and all.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #116 on: December 19, 2013, 10:30:20 AM »
Here are some remarks about the "TOUCHING THE VOID' video. You can find the complete film someplace on the net and watch it for free or you can rent or purchase it someplace.

I recommend you all watch it and I think TRUEGRIT would agree.

One man's opinion ....

Harrowing Just to Watch!!! By James Carragher on May 26, 2004 , Format: DVD

My son and I came out of the theater exhausted just by watching this quasi-documentary reenactment of the 1985 ascent up an unclimbed route on the Siula Grande glacier in Peru.

The film's impact is heightened by the excellent cutting between the actor/climbers and Simon Yates and Joe Simpson, who recall their actions, reactions, and feelings nearly 20 years later.

Disaster strikes on the descent, where -- as one of them notes -- "80 percent of accidents happen."

After Simpson breaks his leg in a fall, Yates -- against impossible odds -- continues to try and get him down.

Finally, Simpson falls again, off the edge of the mountain.

After hours of hanging on to what feels like dead weight, Yates cuts the rope to prevent himself from being gradually pulled into the void.

Simpson's survival and return to base camp is nothing short of miraculous, suggesting that man is never more tenacious about life than when he is closest to losing it.

Though far different in its circumstances, his story rivals that of Shackleton and the Endurance in Antartica three quarters of a century before.

An underlying issue, addressed briefly in the film, is whether Yates should have cut the rope.

Apparently some other climbers criticized him for doing so, but Simpson always defended his action.

I have no idea how well the technical aspects of Touching the Void are done, but to this mostly earthboard amateur, they looked brilliantly and truly shot.

Danger and beauty are scarcely separable in Touching the Void.

When you are not immersed in the terror of Yates' and, especially, Simpson's plight, the frigid beauty of the glacier, the colors within its crevasses are glorious.

A story of recklessness and great determination, superbly told, filled with many "how did they ever shoot that?" moments, Touching the Void must be seen.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #117 on: December 19, 2013, 10:38:26 AM »
Here are some remarks about the "TOUCHING THE VOID' video. You can find the complete film someplace on the net and watch it for free or you can rent or purchase it someplace.

One man's opinion ....

My son and I came out of the theater exhausted just by watching this quasi-documentary reenactment of the 1985 ascent up an unclimbed route on the Siula Grande glacier in Peru.

The film's impact is heightened by the excellent cutting between the actor/climbers and Simon Yates and Joe Simpson, who recall their actions, reactions, and feelings nearly 20 years later.

Disaster strikes on the descent, where -- as one of them notes -- "80 percent of accidents happen."

After Simpson breaks his leg in a fall, Yates -- against impossible odds -- continues to try and get him down.

After hours of hanging on to what feels like dead weight, Yates cuts the rope to prevent himself from being gradually pulled into the void.

Simpson's survival and return to base camp is nothing short of miraculous, suggesting that man is never more tenacious about life than when he is closest to losing it.

Though far different in its circumstances, his story rivals that of Shackleton and the Endurance in Antartica three quarters of a century before.

An underlying issue, addressed briefly in the film, is whether Yates should have cut the rope.

Apparently some other climbers criticized him for doing so, but Simpson always defended his action.

I have no idea how well the technical aspects of Touching the Void are done, but to this mostly earthboard amateur, they looked brilliantly and truly shot.

When you are not immersed in the terror of Yates' and, especially, Simpson's plight, the frigid beauty of the glacier, the colors within its crevasses are glorious.

A story of recklessness and great determination, superbly told, filled with many "how did they ever shoot that?" moments, Touching the Void must be seen.

wow. This caught my attention

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #118 on: December 19, 2013, 10:44:40 AM »
You''ll enjoy it OTH.

TRUEGRIT, What  was the name of  the Mt Everest  book where some of the climbers got lost in a 'whiteout' on their way back down and one  fell off a cliff and the other was found 'dead' in the snow and left there.

But he hadn't died yet and somehow managed to get up and walk back to the base-camp to everyone's amazement.

I sort of recall that he lost most of his fingers.

Any help on that one?

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
O

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: December 19, 2013, 10:45:57 AM »
You''ll enjoy it OTH.

TRUEGRIT, What  was the name of  the Mt Everest  book where some of the climbers got lost in a 'whiteout' on their way back down and one  fell off a cliff and the other was found 'dead' in the snow and left there.

But he hadn't died yet and somehow managed to get up and walk back to the base-camp to everyone's amazement.

Any help on that one?

That's "Into thin air"..

The guy that survived was Beck Weathers. He lost his nose and I think both hands but really should have died given the exposure.

O

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
« Reply #121 on: December 19, 2013, 10:50:20 AM »

One man's opinion ....

Fuck them.  How many of them have ever been in a situation where they are being slowly dragged to their death by their dumbass friend who breaks his leg and then on to make things worse, goes and falls off the edge of the fucking mountain and is pulling his buddy over with him?  Always assholes who are high and mighty until they are in the situation.  99% of the assholes criticizing him would never even have bothered trying to help the guy at all let alone keep trying after the retard falls off the edge and is dragging them over.  Fuck that comment makes me mad!!
Does sound cool. 

True

• Getbig IV
  • Zero Tolerance
« Reply #122 on: December 19, 2013, 10:54:56 AM »
NOT sure if this has been mentioned yet, but for a detailed list of people who died climbing Mount Everest … including name / date / age / cause of death and location, GO HERE >>>>>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_who_died_climbing_Mount_Everest

Tupac June 7, 1922  1922 British Mount Everest Expedition  India Avalanche Below North Col

So THATS where 2Pac is! ;D

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #123 on: December 19, 2013, 10:59:16 AM »
TRUEGRIT, Thanks agaon for that info. I'll be watching it once again.

H ere are the top 5 films about Mt. Everest:

EVEREST … 1998 … Documentary about mountain climbing.

STORM OVER EVEREST … 2008 … Documentary.

THE WILDEST DREAM : CONQUEST OF EVEREST … 2009 … Documentary

INTO THIN AIR: DEATH ON EVEREST … 1997 … Documentary

TOUCH THE TOP OF THE WORLD … 2006

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #124 on: December 19, 2013, 11:02:23 AM »
You''ll enjoy it OTH.

TRUEGRIT, What  was the name of  the Mt Everest  book where some of the climbers got lost in a 'whiteout' on their way back down and one  fell off a cliff and the other was found 'dead' in the snow and left there.

Any help on that one?
thanks bro. Will watch the film and read true grit. Fuck. These are real men. Insane. The horrors in that environment. Wow