Author Topic: Barbara Walters: “We” Really Thought Obama was "the next Messiah," or Something  (Read 3258 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
To be fair to Walters, I don’t think most True Leftists felt -- or feel -- Barack Obama was actually the Messiah, as evidenced by their hostility towards Christianity in general and their antics at the 2012 DNC in particular.

BINGO!!!

24KT/JaguarEnterprises hates Christians and she has threatened to kill us all or force us underground.

I FVCKING HATE DELUSIONAL EVANGELICALS  >:(

You are fvcking certifiable in your delusion & denial.
It's the goddamn evangelicals who make it a political issue. Get real!!!

I will welcome the day that religion is forced underground!

Any evangelical I off, is gonna be one who trys imposing themself on me. There's a big difference.

It's like someone on here once said "I'll shoot the fvckers if I have to."

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Why are libtards so slow to realize how inept barack is?

I mean, if libtards are as intelligent as 24kt claims, how come it took SOME of them (a lot of them are still supporting the clowninchief)  5 years to see what conservatives already knew in 2008?

Can we please stop with the divisive name calling?

Here's what I think. I don't think it has taken Liberals 5 years to figure out Candidate Obama, and President Obama were two different men. I think most Liberals realized it soon after he took office, but the divisive atmosphere, and all out effort on the part of some to obstruct him at every turn, kept many Liberals rallying behind him, and not voicing their displeasure and disappointment previously.

Despite what they or anyone else wants to believe, Liberals or Democrats cannot take full credit, or full blame for the election results in 2008 or 2012. McCain and his choice of a running mate went a very long way towards the election results of 2008. Republicans came out in droves to endorse Obama once they got a whiff of Palin.

The Republicans again handed Obama the victory when they screwed Ron Paul. They pissed off their own base by disenfranchising Paul, and rallied the Democratic base by handing the party to a privileged stiff that epitomized everything that was wrong with Wall Street.

Obama SHOULD have lost the 2012 election, but thanks to the Republicans, it wasn't quite the LANDSLIDE it should been.

The Republicans need to focus on good policies rather than an obstructionist agenda. They make far more progress that way. They got the blame for the govt shutdown, ...and rightly so, ...but look how far they've come since the Gov't shutdown... without all the attempts to thwart & hinder progress?

If the Republicans will simply focus on getting their own house in order, ...they will allow the nation to not only see, but admit to, and discuss all the flaws, warts, and pustules in Obama's policies.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
24KT/JaguarEnterprises hates Christians and she has threatened to kill us all or force us underground.

You're more hystrionic than a 13 year old girl on her period!  Take a Midol!  ::)
w

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
You're more hystrionic than a 13 year old girl on her period!  Take a Midol!  ::)

What's it like posting from prison, 24KT/JaguarEnterprises?    ;D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
But, but, but Straw Man denies this:

even the person being quoted doesn't believe it

maybe you missed that part

Geeze. 

Barbara Walters: “We” Really Thought Obama was "the next Messiah," or Something
Daniel Doherty | Dec 18, 2013

She prefaced that statement with “I shouldn’t say this at Christmastime, but…”

She said it anyway (via The Right Scoop):

“Well, you’ve touched on it to a degree. He made so many promises. We thought that he was going to be – I shouldn’t say this at Christmastime, but – the next messiah. And the whole ObamaCare, or whatever you want to call it, the Affordable Health Act, it just hasn’t worked for him, and he’s stumbled around on it, and people feel very disappointed because they expected more.”

Maybe the collective Left can be forgiven for placing all their trust in Candidate Obama. Indeed, when he was running for president in ’07 and ’08, he did make all sorts of campaign promises that the vast majority of progressives believed. They trusted him. When he later didn’t deliver on many of them, however, including the ‘if you like your health care plan, you can it’ pledge -- although, in fairness, that came later -- the Party of Change became the Party of Disillusionment. Don’t believe me? Just ask Millennials.

To be fair to Walters, I don’t think most True Leftists felt -- or feel -- Barack Obama was actually the Messiah, as evidenced by their hostility towards Christianity in general and their antics at the 2012 DNC in particular. But they all sincerely believed one man could indeed change the culture of venality in Washington, and bring “real” change to the country. He can check the box on a number of progressive causes, to be sure, but his presidency has been embroiled in controversy and scandal and, at times, marred by disappointment. Candidate Obama is not President Obama. And the Left is now finally starting to notice.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/danieldoherty/2013/12/18/barbara-walters-i-really-thought-obama-was-the-messiah-or-something-n1765155

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
," or Something
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2013, 02:48:48 PM »

LOL - walters is wrong - you fools all drank the kool aide

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: ," or Something
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2013, 02:50:44 PM »
LOL - walters is wrong - you fools all drank the kool aide

the messiah crap is just more of the usual fairy tales you idiots on the right tell each other

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2013, 02:51:51 PM »
the messiah crap is just more of the usual fairy tales you idiots on the right tell each other

LOL - really?  You need us to post the clips again? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2013, 03:00:33 PM »
LOL - really?  You need us to post the clips again? 

do whatever you want dumbass

posting a few people making some stupid comments and then pretending it's representative of the almost 66 million people who voted for him is an example of the kind of stupid shit that you do so well

the fact that you actually believe it is a whole other issue

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re:"the next Messiah," or Something
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2013, 06:16:22 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
was "the next Messiah," or Something
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2013, 06:19:29 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Barbara Walters: “We” "the next Messiah," or Something
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2013, 06:22:21 AM »

HandsomeMOFO

People like Barbara Walters will be very popular among media head drones.  Personally I can see right through here fake media head BS.   Dumb old whore.  

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox

The person being quoted doesn't believe it only because he/she believes it is "as evidenced by their hostility towards Christianity in general."  That is the only reason.

Straw Man, do you agree with the person being quoted?

And the fact is that I said weeks ago that many Obama voters used to think of him as a god, to which your replied:

no they didn't

this is what a certain segment of insane Repubs believe to be true about Dems

just another one of those stupid things that some Repubs tell each other

Now, non other than Barbara Walters is confirming what I said weeks ago:

"We thought that he was going to be the next messiah."

Straw Man, is Barbara Walters in this "certain segment of insane Repubs"?  Is Barbara Walters saying "just another one of those stupid things that some Repubs tell each other"?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
The person being quoted doesn't believe it only because he/she believes it is "as evidenced by their hostility towards Christianity in general."  That is the only reason.

Straw Man, do you agree with the person being quoted?

And the fact is that I said weeks ago that many Obama voters used to think of him as a god, to which your replied:

Now, non other than Barbara Walters is confirming what I said weeks ago:

"We thought that he was going to be the next messiah."

Straw Man, is Barbara Walters in this "certain segment of insane Repubs"?  Is Barbara Walters saying "just another one of those stupid things that some Repubs tell each other"?

when you claim as fact that "many Obama voters used to think of him as a god" why don't you actually support that claim with proof or call it what it actually is ....which is your opinion.

I've made my statements pretty clear and I'll repeat them here.  I've never heard anyone that I know refer to Obama as some kind of messiah.   Maybe a few people believe that but in my opinion the vast majority don't (btw -aren't we all supposed to be atheist so why would we be looking for a messiah in the first place).  Like most sane people we believe he is a flawed human being just like everyone else
If you believe it then fine.  I'm sure you believe a lot of shit that I don't believe

Regarding the part about "as evidenced by their hostility towards Christians in general" I've also made my personal opinion very clear.  In fact so clear that I don't understand why you would still not understand it.  I think that statement is total horseshit but again I'm sure you believe it to be true.

here's what I said before and I'll just repost it and maybe you can understand it the second time around

LOL - the paranoid religious folks are at it again with their persecution complex.

News Flash - I haven't met anyone who was "hostile" toward "christianity in general" but rather hostile toward self righteous ass holes who want to impose their personal form of christianity on the rest of us. 

I don't give a shit what you or anyone else chooses to believe in their personal lives.

Believe whatever you want but just don't try to impose it on me or tell me I must live my life by your personal interpretation of your chosen religious beliefs

Why is that simple statement so hard for you to understand?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
when you claim as fact that "many Obama voters used to think of him as a god" why don't you actually support that claim with proof or call it what it actually is ....which is your opinion.

I've made my statements pretty clear and I'll repeat them here.  I've never heard anyone that I know refer to Obama as some kind of messiah.   Maybe a few people believe that but in my opinion the vast majority don't (btw -aren't we all supposed to be atheist so why would we be looking for a messiah in the first place).  Like most sane people we believe he is a flawed human being just like everyone else
If you believe it then fine.  I'm sure you believe a lot of shit that I don't believe

Regarding the part about "as evidenced by their hostility towards Christians in general" I've also made my personal opinion very clear.  In fact so clear that I don't understand why you would still not understand it.  I think that statement is total horseshit but again I'm sure you believe it to be true.

here's what I said before and I'll just repost it and maybe you can understand it the second time around

I don't give a shit what you or anyone else chooses to believe in their personal lives.

Believe whatever you want but just don't try to impose it on me or tell me I must live my life by your personal interpretation of your chosen religious beliefs

Why is that simple statement so hard for you to understand?

You have melted all over the place, changed the subject and dodged my question.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
You have melted all over the place, changed the subject and dodged my question.

Straw Man, is Barbara Walters in this "certain segment of insane Repubs"?  Is Barbara Walters saying "just another one of those stupid things that some Repubs tell each other"?

how should I know if she is part of that segment of insane Republicans?

She's making a statement that insane republicans like to tell each other so she may well be

you seem to be having difficulty understanding basic concepts

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

She's making a statement that insane republicans like to tell each other so she may well be

denial and delusion

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox

LOL...So Straw Man, Barbara Walters "might be" an insane Republican who supported Obama, voted for him and really thought Obama was the next Messiah?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
Can we please stop with the divisive name calling?

Here's what I think. I don't think it has taken Liberals 5 years to figure out Candidate Obama, and President Obama were two different men. I think most Liberals realized it soon after he took office, but the divisive atmosphere, and all out effort on the part of some to obstruct him at every turn, kept many Liberals rallying behind him, and not voicing their displeasure and disappointment previously.

Despite what they or anyone else wants to believe, Liberals or Democrats cannot take full credit, or full blame for the election results in 2008 or 2012. McCain and his choice of a running mate went a very long way towards the election results of 2008. Republicans came out in droves to endorse Obama once they got a whiff of Palin.

The Republicans again handed Obama the victory when they screwed Ron Paul. They pissed off their own base by disenfranchising Paul, and rallied the Democratic base by handing the party to a privileged stiff that epitomized everything that was wrong with Wall Street.

Obama SHOULD have lost the 2012 election, but thanks to the Republicans, it wasn't quite the LANDSLIDE it should been.

The Republicans need to focus on good policies rather than an obstructionist agenda. They make far more progress that way. They got the blame for the govt shutdown, ...and rightly so, ...but look how far they've come since the Gov't shutdown... without all the attempts to thwart & hinder progress?

If the Republicans will simply focus on getting their own house in order, ...they will allow the nation to not only see, but admit to, and discuss all the flaws, warts, and pustules in Obama's policies.

The word should is your own opinion so don't pass it off as fact. I didn't have romney winning for a second, you are delusional. He was always way behind and anyone they put up would have been, it was a raping, predicted to be from the start, Romney was teh best choice, it was obvious, and their best failed.

bears

• Getbig IV
Re: Barbara Walters: “We” Really Thought Obama was "the next Messiah,"
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2013, 09:11:44 AM »

Necrosis

• Getbig V
You have melted all over the place

lol

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
LOL...So Straw Man, Barbara Walters "might be" an insane Republican who supported Obama, voted for him and really thought Obama was the next Messiah?

LOL.

Like all who drank the Kool Aid, he will not answer you directly.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
It is absolutely undeniable that Obama had, and still has, a unique cult-of-personality about him that transcends politics. He is as much a celebrity as he is a politician. Before he had even been elected, or done anything at all actually, he would draw enormous crowds in europe and around the world, he was awarded a Nobel peace prize for absolutely nothing, and he was and is certainly seen as a 'saviour' figure to literally millions of blacks and even some yuppie white liberal types all over the country. His face and campaign slogans and imagery have become iconic, transcending simple politics. And his fellow democrats have absolutely followed him unquestionably on virtually everything to a man, which is unusual for a two term president, and among them, the mainstream media, celebrities, and pop culture, he remains free of criticism.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
LOL.

Like all who drank the Kool Aid, he will not answer you directly.

I've answered it multiple times

60 million people voted for Obama and if you show me a few tapes of people who thought he was a messiah that doesn't mean that the majority or anywhere near the majority who voted for him believe that.   I live in the bay area and voted for him twice and I've never heard anyone say that

Barbara Walters is old, rich, white and a lifelong friend of Roger Ailes so she may well be an insane Democrat who thinks Obama is the messiah

I know you guys love to project  your own beliefs on to others and then pretend it's true

Why don't you find some Obama supporters who post on this board who have made the messiah claim

Chances are the only quotes you will find are right wing morons who claim this is something the the left believes or as Loco believes ......that "Most of his voters used to believe that he is god"

If you want to know a politician who his own party believes was a messiah take a look at Ronald Reagan or even W