Author Topic: to the alcohol adicts: why dont you try disulfirame?  (Read 10977 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: to the alcohol adicts: why dont you try disulfirame?
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2013, 06:26:50 PM »
Can some alcoholics have the occasional drink again?

Or is it all or nothing.
I know I tried to get a small bag of glass, say a 40, id always wind up on a week long bender and spend 250 minimum.

You cannot ever self regulate. .. you go right back to where you were at the when you put down whatever you were using.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2013, 06:31:44 PM »

Or is it all or nothing.
As an alcoholic,if you have to control your drinking,that means it`s out of control.

Better to stay clean and sober 24/7 365.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2013, 06:34:30 PM »

Or is it all or nothing.
better to never ever get close to drinking any alc again.

the mindset must be "i had the very last drink already and dont ever want one again"

for one who truly came off,wont be a big problem.

only those whi lie to themselves will fail.

deep inside everyone knows whether theyve stopped or not.

n

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2013, 06:35:56 PM »
better to never ever get close to drinking any alc again.

the mindset must be "i had the very last drink already and dont ever want one again"

for one who truly came off,wont be a big problem.

only those whi lie to themselves will fail.

deep inside everyone knows whether theyve stopped or not.

Good post,and very true.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2013, 06:37:28 PM »
Another question for you alcoholics.......you obviously hurt people...but kept drinking.

Do you feel guilty, while under the influence, about the things you have done. Why isn't the guilt enough to stop you from drinking? It is a physical addiction?

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2013, 06:43:30 PM »
Another question for you alcoholics.......you obviously hurt people...but kept drinking.

Do you feel guilty, while under the influence, about the things you have done. Why isn't the guilt enough to stop you from drinking? It is a physical addiction?
nah the guilt will be very vague and never honest,untill they stop.

the worst scum walking earth are cocaine-alc combo addicts.

the highest peak on the scum ranking goes to the heroin addicts when having peak withdrawlals.

but median line avergae coke-alc are the scum of the world.

esp the ones who smoke the coke.
n

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2013, 06:46:27 PM »

I used to feel guilty about stuff like that,but I tried to make amends to people that I knew.....most if not all,understood that it was booze and drugs that caused me to be an asshole.

I think I`m a good guy sober,at least I always try to be,but once I add alcohol,there`s no telling who or what I might transform into.

For the fuckers I hurt that I didn`t know,they shouldn`t have been on my turf at night. 

Just kidding.  LOL  ;D

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2013, 06:53:48 PM »
nah the guilt will be very vague and never honest,untill they stop.

the worst scum walking earth are cocaine-alc combo addicts.

the highest peak on the scum ranking goes to the heroin addicts when having peak withdrawlals.

but median line avergae coke-alc are the scum of the world.

esp the ones who smoke the coke.
nah bro...

IV meth users are the worst. They literally lose touch with reality and will commit any horrendous act to get thwir drugs. rhey dont care.

heroin uaers during WD are up there. Cokeaholics seem mild to me compared.to the shit that IV meth users do for their drugs.

the absolute worse are the iv meth/heroin users (which is what I was, although I never was willing to do anything horrible for my fix... I just wouldnt stoop that low)

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2013, 07:01:43 PM »
ah ok sorry cant speak on meth users, there are none over here.

n

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2013, 09:10:25 AM »
why dont you release the steam in the gym instead of sipping poison into yourself?

result is you look better and get another girl, this is the best cure for past relationships meltdowns

I actually talked it out with her last night and we agreed on dating again a few nights a week and see where it goes. So this is my final chance with her. She grew up with alcoholic problems in her family. She's not gonna put up with it and I really care for this one, unlike my last one. But def gonna release it in the gym instead of drinking.

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2013, 09:13:21 AM »

never guilty while drinking, and never guilty after. i felt they did me wrong (when they actually try to help me). then i ran to the bottle for some more liquid morale. vicious cycle and it looks absolutely ridiculous to someone sober.

a good way to scare yourself into quitting is seeing a video of yourself bombed out. holy fuck that is embarrassing and humbling.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2013, 11:57:04 AM »
never guilty while drinking, and never guilty after. i felt they did me wrong (when they actually try to help me). then i ran to the bottle for some more liquid morale. vicious cycle and it looks absolutely ridiculous to someone sober.

a good way to scare yourself into quitting is seeing a video of yourself bombed out. holy fuck that is embarrassing and humbling.

So you still don't feel bad to this day, towards the ones you hurt?

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2013, 12:12:23 PM »
My "rock bottom" was DUI conviction. I was never a everyday drinker, just once every week or two, but I would drink too much and do stupid shit that I regretted.

I've cut down my drinking a lot since then, only had maybe 3 days this year of drinking since february. One year a couple years ago I didn't drink at all.

Having said that, I will probably be drinking tonight at a new years eve house party. And I am in Thailand in a few days so will might go nuts with the alcohol, I will try my best not to though, but it is hard with the nightlife culture there.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2013, 12:16:09 PM »

During times of hardcore addiction there is no conscience.

The people that are still with you after all the fucked up shit are the only ones worth feeling sorry for. The ones that are gone weren't worth keeping around anyway.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2013, 12:21:05 PM »
During times of hardcore addiction there is no conscience.

The people that are still with you after all the fucked up shit are the only ones worth feeling sorry for. The ones that are gone weren't worth keeping around anyway.

How can you say that?

If someone keeps abusing you and your generosity through your tough times should you stay? If they keep lying to you? Basically the addict is using you, taking advantage of you and using you as a punching bag (I don't necessarily mean literally).

I WANT to be there for my alcoholic but how can I? All he does is lie to me and makes me feel like complete shit. Everything he does with me is to somehow try and manipulate me into believing he is sober....yet his actions are horrific.

Explain your stance, and what would you suggest for being supportive, if only at a distance. The only way I can be supportive is at a distance.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2013, 12:30:58 PM »
My "rock bottom" was DUI conviction. I was never a everyday drinker, just once every week or two, but I would drink too much and do stupid shit that I regretted.

I've cut down my drinking a lot since then, only had maybe 3 days this year of drinking since february. One year a couple years ago I didn't drink at all.

Having said that, I will probably be drinking tonight at a new years eve house party. And I am in Thailand in a few days so will might go nuts with the alcohol, I will try my best not to though, but it is hard with the nightlife culture there.

Man, your bottom needs WAY more depth, guy.

Only kidding, you wised up quick is all.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: December 30, 2013, 12:31:56 PM »
Man, your bottom needs WAY more depth, guy.

Only kidding, you wised up quick is all.

I wised up extremely quick.

But it still hurts.  :'(

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: December 30, 2013, 12:35:28 PM »
I wised up extremely quick.

But it still hurts.  :'(

Are you not a drinker, BS?

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #93 on: December 30, 2013, 12:38:58 PM »
How can you say that?

If someone keeps abusing you and your generosity through your tough times should you stay? If they keep lying to you? Basically the addict is using you, taking advantage of you and using you as a punching bag (I don't necessarily mean literally).

I WANT to be there for my alcoholic but how can I? All he does is lie to me and makes me feel like complete shit. Everything he does with me is to somehow try and manipulate me into believing he is sober....yet his actions are horrific.

Explain your stance, and what would you suggest for being supportive, if only at a distance. The only way I can be supportive is at a distance.

Instead of trying to get him to stop drinking, find out the reason why he does it. Truth is he probably doesn't even remember himself.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: December 30, 2013, 12:39:33 PM »
Are you not a drinker, BS?

I am a drinker. Not an alcoholic.

I can't drink on the days I work my job...I am in a dry camp and get drug tested regularly.

But on days off I drink...especially when dining out I like a martini or two.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: December 30, 2013, 12:40:32 PM »
Instead of trying to get him to stop drinking find out the reason why he does it. Truth is he probably doesn't even remember himself.

I think I know why. I can't help him with it....just support him.

Fuck him for hurting me though. I mean that.

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #96 on: December 30, 2013, 12:42:50 PM »

not a single sorry is felt. for people that I cared for they all stuck around and still to this day try to help me with tough love. I guess i'm just lucky in that sense.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: December 30, 2013, 12:44:24 PM »
not a single sorry is felt. for people that I cared for they all stuck around and still to this day try to help me with tough love. I guess i'm just lucky in that sense.

Does this include a significant other?

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #98 on: December 30, 2013, 12:47:19 PM »
Does this include a significant other?

the only one I ever really felt for, and she's we just got back together last night and going to try again.

when these people give me tough love its they won't give me rides when i'm drunk, they make me walk. won't associate with me while i'm drinking. kick me when i'm down and hungover and beat it into me how pathetic i'm being. it's made me cut down a lot and I truly want to stop for good. i'm gonna lose everything if I don't. for new years i'm gonna stay in with her and watch Pain & Gain and smoke a blunt while munching out on some steak n chicken stir fry

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2013, 12:47:48 PM »
Like I said earlier,in my case anyway,the people I hurt that were still around after the smoke cleared,were the people that truly gave a fuck about me, and realized that I had wronged them due simply to my alcoholism not out of malice.