Author Topic: 2013 Getbig Awards - Best Physique on Getbig  (Read 157127 times)

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: 2013 Getbig Awards - Best Physique on Getbig
« Reply #1150 on: January 16, 2014, 11:09:56 AM »
I agree it is not broken down as fast but still broken down as fast as your body can up take during a workout, so no matter which route you take the results are the same because you body can only absorb so much at one given time and the isolates gives already more then it can handle.

In fact my friend, who has been on the Olympia stage BTW says he can no longer take the Hydrolysed with his mega carb drink cause it interferes with his workouts and causes gas

I like the blended protiens that contain all sources including cassienate and albumen.   60 grams at a time but it is a delayed digestion of sorts as each protein has its own assimilation rate.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #1151 on: January 16, 2014, 11:13:28 AM »
a friend of mine, a 300lb pro bodybuilders takes a lot of slin and has his whey isolate drinks and says he notices absolutely no difference, sure there is a difference in fast acting obviously between the two proteins, but we are talking an hour and a half in the gym for a simple protein shake, and fast acting slin, trust me the isolate protein is getting in there.

In fact all the top gurus say isolate will due, the only one who does not agree is Farah. The national level guys I know don't give a dam.

Isolates is fine for a work out shake with pre work out slin shot

what is the purpose taking insulin preworkout? If insulin inhibits tissue breakdown wouldn't it be counterproductive? Always thought  post workout sub-Q  the way to go.
l

macos

• Getbig IV
  • Jamie Dimon get some $$ please.
« Reply #1152 on: January 16, 2014, 11:25:40 AM »
why the reliance on powders?
He is right. It is mostly a matter of affordability.
$

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #1153 on: January 16, 2014, 11:31:17 AM »
What do you eat ro. What do you take

for protein?

eggs
chicken
steak
turkey mince
fresh fish
canned tuna
whole milk
cottage cheese
yoghurt
whey protein

I am sponsored supplements but do not use much whey proteins when dieting for competition, prefer soild sources as it bumps the metabolism more I find and also most of powders contain artificial sweetners which have been shown to degrade insulin sensitivity and other undesirable things. Also certain items there are deleted when dieting begins.

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
« Reply #1154 on: January 16, 2014, 02:43:10 PM »
cheers  very informative
a

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #1155 on: January 16, 2014, 02:49:47 PM »
Pellius is correct, but I agree with OTH that it's splitting hairs. You still have lots of aminos floating around your bloodstream, ready for uptake into muscle tissue from your chicken or steak or eggs you are 2.5 hours earlier.

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
« Reply #1156 on: January 16, 2014, 03:48:28 PM »
where the pics... this is all idle talk without pics
a

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #1157 on: January 16, 2014, 03:56:41 PM »
How about I dont give a piss about it.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #1158 on: January 16, 2014, 03:57:52 PM »
haha your mad for the pics! there's been plenty posted already.

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1159 on: January 16, 2014, 05:31:22 PM »
what is the purpose taking insulin preworkout? If insulin inhibits tissue breakdown wouldn't it be counterproductive? Always thought  post workout sub-Q  the way to go.

It's better pre-workout actually, because it shuttles nutrients while you're training the muscles. I bet it doesn't make much of a difference though at the end of the day.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #1160 on: January 16, 2014, 05:39:12 PM »

Exactly ,working out and eating healthy isn't rocket science .

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #1161 on: January 16, 2014, 05:50:35 PM »
You`re a tree bark and leaves man no doubt.
::)

;D

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
« Reply #1162 on: January 16, 2014, 06:56:03 PM »
 ;D
a

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #1163 on: January 16, 2014, 08:21:54 PM »
Pellius is correct, but I agree with OTH that it's splitting hairs. You still have lots of aminos floating around your bloodstream, ready for uptake into muscle tissue from your chicken or steak or eggs you are 2.5 hours earlier.

Why do you prefer OTH "splitting hairs" to my "pissing in the ocean"?

* racist *

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
« Reply #1164 on: January 16, 2014, 08:24:25 PM »
Why do you prefer OTH "splitting hairs" to my "pissing in the ocean"?

* racist *
Now now boys play nice
a

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #1165 on: January 16, 2014, 08:38:07 PM »
what is the purpose taking insulin preworkout? If insulin inhibits tissue breakdown wouldn't it be counterproductive? Always thought  post workout sub-Q  the way to go.

Insulin is both anabolic and anticatabolic, just like AAS are. But I think you are lumping tissue breakdown into one category. Taking something that's anticatabolic may prevent muscle breakdown when dieting, not training, sick... but it doesn't prevent breakdown in an "active" sense for lack of a better word. It won't make you immune to blisters if you are wearing shoes that don't fit properly. It's like saying taking steroids, especially fast acting orals or suspension, prior to a workout is counter productive. Taking insulin prior to a workout is to "super shuttle" the nutrients you are taking while training. Again the theory is that instead of breaking down the muscles from training and then providing it the nutrients to rebuild you are providing those nutrients while the breaking down is occurring.

Fuck. I'll let Milos explain it (BTW, this is what I learned from the gh15 board for those who say there is nothing new to learn):

So here is rationale behind it. Men have about 5L of blood and women have about 4L distributed all over the body which is constantly circulating around. In a state of rest at maximum about 10 -12 % of that blood finds its way in to our skeletal muscles, as there is no real physiological demand at the time of a low physical activity period. However, when we become active, blood is sent to our working muscles… and that increased blood flow to exercising muscles (Hyperemia) can achieve an astonishing 60% increase in blood flow or more during weight training. This happens ONLY during the workout!

So as my father suggested, if I supply all the necessary anabolic nutrients in a pre-digested form (e.g; ATP, glucose, amino acids etc) into the blood stream right before training and then continue delivering more of the same nutrients during my training session whilst raising the most anabolic hormone in our body – insulin – I will create an immediate and maximal anabolic environment.

So instead of losing nutrients (protein degradation or catabolism) we are creating a greater nutritional uptake by our muscle cells (protein synthesis or anabolism) and simultaneously preventing anti-catabolism… everything we need to great the maximal results we are after. So we need to remember that we only have this opportunity during training, not before or after as blood will not be in the muscle to this extent.

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
« Reply #1166 on: January 16, 2014, 08:50:41 PM »
Hey there young fella... Your taking this way to serious I simply started this thread to see pics of hot oiled men in tights.  Lol
a

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #1167 on: January 17, 2014, 03:17:17 AM »
SAY WHAT ? No bro, pre-workout is key for the veterans, I always recommend post workout for safety reasons and for beginners but the vets all do it pre-workout, Actually pre-workout and post workout.

A pro I know;

humilin n first meal

humilin n second meal

humilin n third meal

humilin r pre workout

novo rapid aspart post workout

do not try this, this is sheer madness

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1168 on: January 17, 2014, 09:07:07 AM »
SAY WHAT ? No bro, pre-workout is key for the veterans, I always recommend post workout for safety reasons and for beginners but the vets all do it pre-workout, Actually pre-workout and post workout.

A pro I know;

humilin n first meal

humilin n second meal

humilin n third meal

humilin r pre workout

novo rapid aspart post workout

do not try this, this is sheer madness
i always pull up a chair when oth/gali get posting on this stuff gali/diet,,and oth pro/amat/druginfo/whats done,,whomever dosen't believe he knows from personal use or whats told to him by pro's is nuts to argue..

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
« Reply #1169 on: January 17, 2014, 02:43:44 PM »
i always pull up a chair when oth/gali get posting on this stuff gali/diet,,and oth pro/amat/druginfo/whats done,,whomever dosen't believe he knows from personal use or whats told to him by pro's is nuts to argue..
Im down 56lbs thanks to gal and no ones book     
a

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #1170 on: January 17, 2014, 03:33:14 PM »

wheres the pics...

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1171 on: January 17, 2014, 05:01:55 PM »
8)

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
« Reply #1172 on: January 17, 2014, 05:36:41 PM »
wheres the pics...
you don't wanna see that  lol   I promise when I reach my goal of 10%bf I will post a before and after pic
a

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #1173 on: January 17, 2014, 07:44:57 PM »
i can believe that, the book has almost no calories 8)
n

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
« Reply #1174 on: January 17, 2014, 07:47:08 PM »
i can believe that, the book has almost no calories 8)
Im gonna need another copy  lol   and send bbq sauce next time please  lol
a