Author Topic: 2013 Getbig Awards - Best Physique on Getbig  (Read 156632 times)

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
Re: 2013 Getbig Awards - Best Physique on Getbig
« Reply #825 on: January 03, 2014, 08:25:24 AM »
I don't have a take on it as never used it but I may start some soon if I plan to compete spring and early summer.

Big Ro... I suspect you are learning the ropes of GH away from a pro card my man. You look awesome.

And I have to say, this is the most positive thread I have ever seen on Getbig bar none. I like to think that posting my competition pics and asking for my stars has prompted all this good will due to the rash of pictures that have flooded the board since.

So your welcome.  ;D
$

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #826 on: January 03, 2014, 08:35:27 AM »
Good job Nick!

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #827 on: January 03, 2014, 08:38:22 AM »
Big Ro, see pro card for you in 2014!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #828 on: January 03, 2014, 08:38:45 AM »
Damn Wes! I competed against Marinelli!
No shit Ronnie......I posted a pic of me and him somewhere in this thread.

Great guy,loves the sport with a passion to this day.

I also posted come B+W pics,some of which are from the Treasure Coast contest (Dave M. was a judge) and all those pics are from Florida contests that I`ve done.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #829 on: January 03, 2014, 08:41:05 AM »
Big Ro... I suspect you are learning the ropes of GH away from a pro card my man. You look awesome.

And I have to say, this is the most positive thread I have ever seen on Getbig bar none. I like to think that posting my competition pics and asking for my stars has prompted all this good will due to the rash of pictures that have flooded the board since.

So your welcome.  ;D
All the credit goes to you Nick,in fact without you being here,getbig wouldn`t exist!  ;)

;D

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #830 on: January 03, 2014, 08:43:11 AM »
My calves were in balance....only 210 but no gut:
Damn, Grant never saw that shot! You physique is pretty no homo!

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #831 on: January 03, 2014, 08:44:16 AM »
All the credit goes to you Nick,in fact without you being here,getbig wouldn`t exist!  ;)

;D

Please stop.. your making me blush. 8)

Omg almost forgot no homo!!
$

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #832 on: January 03, 2014, 08:54:59 AM »
Please stop.. your making me blush. 8)

Omg almost forgot no homo!!
;D

Nick,check thid thread out bud......created by yours truly.....over 80.000 views.

Damn,I sound like Schizzo!  :(

Real positive and packed with legends.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=402410.0

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #833 on: January 03, 2014, 08:58:04 AM »
;D

Nick,check thid thread out bud......created by yours truly.....over 80.000 views.

Damn,I sound like Schizzo!  :(

what motivates you to keep going wes

and does it get harder every year to maintain

eg. recovery times strictness of diet

cheers
T

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #834 on: January 03, 2014, 08:58:22 AM »
;D

Damn,I sound like Schizzo!  :(

Yes BUT check when it was started!!!

It was either started or resurrected after my thread.. so I take all the credit. 8) (This thread that is!!)

It is ok to sound like Shitzo if it is true lol.

Oh wait that's a different thread.

Damn it Wes stay on topic man you confused me.  :'(
$

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #835 on: January 03, 2014, 08:59:17 AM »
Tony Pandolfo was one of my bodybuilding idols......just a tad better than me,but thanks Haz !   :D

RIP Tony
Tony trained my buddy when he lived in N.Y.back in the late 70's! Met him when he came down to S. FL. and trained in Golds Sunrise! Great Guy! RIP!

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #836 on: January 03, 2014, 09:03:02 AM »
This thread gave me a boner! No Homo ;D!

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #837 on: January 03, 2014, 09:05:26 AM »
This thread gave me a boner! No Homo ;D!

Ummm. You really can't use no homo after "this thread gave me a boner" and there is no women in the thread.

I am sorry Ronnie.  :o

I am sure you will see it now that I pointed it out lol.
$

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #838 on: January 03, 2014, 09:07:25 AM »
Hey Ronnie Rep,here`s how I met Dave Marinelli:

Early on when I moved to Florida,I vowed to never drink again (failed miserably too),and to start compeyting.......I was 39 and about to turn 40 very soon.

I stopped by Bob Benedix World Gym, and signed up determined to win the Treasure Coast contest that he was putting on in town in a couple of months.

Marinelli was training that day, saw me Super-Setting chest + back and made a comment
about how hard I was training,we shot the shit a bit and .....he said to stop by tomorrow to train delts with him.

I had no clue who he was actualluy but I stopped in anyway.

He competed at 176, and was a bulky looking 205 here......anyway, he loads up a bar and does some seated presses behind the neck............flat bench,bar on power rack,no back rest...when he gets up to 275,I quickly jumped up behind him and stood on the bench behind him to spot him, and he nonchalantly turns and says,"I got it Tim,no biggie"!!!.............then proceeds to squeeze out 5 strict reps.

Throughout the rest of the workout at every machine we`d use,I`d ask him what he wanted for weight, and he`d reply "Just stack it".......he was a strong dude.

Finally I said,Jesus Dave,you`re using the stack on every fucking machine we`re using..............he replied,"Hey,they made the stack for somebody to use,so why not me"?

I`ve been using that line ever since,on machines where I can use the stack...............I use mostly pink dumbells as a rule, but have been known to use the stack on some machines here and there!  LOL  ;)

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #839 on: January 03, 2014, 09:07:53 AM »
I spent about 3 hours yesterday looking through boxes trying to find all of my bodybuilding and contest pics! I found every thing but! Will keep looking I am determined!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #840 on: January 03, 2014, 09:09:45 AM »
Tony trained my buddy when he lived in N.Y.back in the late 70's! Met him when he came down to S. FL. and trained in Golds Sunrise! Great Guy! RIP!
Man,I never met Tony,but only knew him from the mags,he looked great and his pics and articles....inspired me bigtime.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #841 on: January 03, 2014, 09:12:00 AM »
I spent about 3 hours yesterday looking through boxes trying to find all of my bodybuilding and contest pics! I found every thing but! Will keep looking I am determined!
Christ,I`ve got so many pics,it`s ridiculous.....keep looking brother.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #842 on: January 03, 2014, 09:13:42 AM »
Her Ronnie Rep,here`s how I met Dave Marinelli:

Early on when I moved to Florida,I vowed to never drink again (failed miserably too),and to start compeyting.......I was 39 and about to turn 40 very soon.

I stopped by Bob Benedix World Gym, and signed up determined to win the Treasure Coast contest that he was putting on in town in a couple of months.

Marinelli was training that day, saw me Super-Setting chest + back and made a comment
about how hard I was training,we shot the shit a bit and .....he said to stop by tomorrow to train delts with him.

I had no clue who he was actualluy but I stopped in anyway.

He competed at 176, and was a bulky looking 205 here......anyway, he loads up a bar and does some seated presses behind the neck............flat bench,bar on power rack,no back rest...when he gets up to 275,I quickly jumped up behind him and stood on the bench behind him to spot him, and he nonchalantly turns and says,"I got it Tim,no biggie"!!!.............then proceeds to squeeze out 5 strict reps.

Throughout the rest of the workout at every machine we`d use,I`d ask him what he wanted for weight, and he`d reply "Just stack it".......he was a strong dude.

Finally I said,Jesus Dave,you`re using the stack on every fucking machine we`re using..............he replied,"Hey,they made the stack for somebody to use,so why not me"?

I`ve been using that line ever since,on machines where I can use the stack...............I use mostly pink dumbells as a rule, but have been known to use the stack on some machines here and there!  LOL  ;)
Marinelli was a good bodybuilder! He has to be closed to 60 now!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #843 on: January 03, 2014, 09:29:31 AM »
what motivates you to keep going wes

and does it get harder every year to maintain

eg. recovery times strictness of diet

cheers

Don`t know really bigmc,this shit`s in my blood I guess..my father bought me a set of vinyl coated weights way back in 1969.....been fucking around with it off and on ever since.

It`s only harder for me as I age because I moved to a small town out in the country in Northern N.Y. with my wife,it was her dads place......a complete shitbox ,but she loves it here.......no bodybuilders here except me,so motivating myself for the last 12 years or so has been tough,especially because back home in Mass,,I grew up training alongside guys like Jeff King and Chris Aceto.

Compreting keeps me going,I train as hard as ever and can still train fairly heavy on most things,but Prefer to train lighter and faster ........recuperation is chemically assisted.  ;)

I eat clean most of the time,except lately.......my gyms closed and I needed to take a break anyway....was feeling burnt out from long months with no breaks.

I`m missing a step here and there as far as injuries go....plenty of little nagging pains but never anything serious.

Hurt my back years ago doing heavy Hacks and it acts up a lot to this day.

I think my real motivation stems from missing so many years because of booze and drugs and I feel like I have a lot of stuff to do to make up for this lost time.

Also,training beats waking up to a bottle of cheap THUNDRERBIRD wine and I haven`t puked on my shoes in many many years!  LOL  :D

Seriously,I`ve got a lot of good stories I could tell about bodybuilding.....nothing sordid though,I guess I missed all of that stuff. :(

:D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #844 on: January 03, 2014, 09:36:03 AM »
Yes BUT check when it was started!!!

It was either started or resurrected after my thread.. so I take all the credit. 8) (This thread that is!!)
As well you should my good man.  LOL  :D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #845 on: January 03, 2014, 09:37:14 AM »
Marinelli was a good bodybuilder! He has to be closed to 60 now!
He`s 59,one year older than me.

It`s good to know that there is still someone alive who`s older than I am!  ;D

Saw him in Pittsburgh in 2011...still looks great,full of energy,small waist,huge fucking arms,telling tons of stories about bodybuilding....great guy,you gotta` love him.

(no homo of course)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #846 on: January 03, 2014, 09:55:46 AM »
bigro looks like james flex lewis on a taller skeletal system

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #847 on: January 03, 2014, 09:59:57 AM »
I used to ask the ladies if they wanted to see something 'big, hard and veiny?'    then I would disappoint them and flex the forearm!! ;D

Lolll love it

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #848 on: January 03, 2014, 10:07:17 AM »
BigRo...finally I got to see some pics of you. AMAZING!!!

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #849 on: January 03, 2014, 10:22:26 AM »
Here's 2 old pics of me, only ones I found with 3 hours of searching through boxes so far. Will keep looking for bodybuilding pics.