Author Topic: What's it like being a father?  (Read 8645 times)

dustin

Re: What's it like being a father?
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2013, 07:48:45 PM »
It feels absolutely amazing. So many people shit out a little of pups they don't care for and complain up and down about how shitty children are. It sickens me. Just keep them in line, love them, and don't stress. There's nothing more rewarding than having children but if you have a shitty outlook, it'll be nothing but endless stress.

I can only speak as a new father, but I am ecstatic. I love nothing more than to wake up and look at my beautiful daughter. She's young, and I know she'll be a lot more difficult once she can talk back, but I'm sure we'll find a way to make things work. I think a big thing is actually having a desire to have kids. I want a couple more at least. I have lots of nieces and nephews and love children.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2013, 07:49:43 PM »
That's awesome. The day my son was born the nurse who specializes in breast feeding stayed after her shift to help my wife kickstart hers. It helped tremendously. Hope this works out for you guys too. Don't give up, even if hard at first, it gets easier. Sure you know already but get a pump!  ;D

Thanks man!
The pump is definitely our friend right now. It's going on day 5 and baby isn't getting it. We are committed to this though.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2013, 07:52:36 PM »
It's amazing Wiggs and even though mine is on her own now I still look back at all the wonderful memories. From coming home as a baby to watching her graduate college all went by in a flash. She is an accomplished violinist now working on her MA degree and we text and talk daily.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2013, 07:53:03 PM »
my wife has implants and it killed her production,devestated her..3rd one got at least enough to start his immune system..

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2013, 07:53:44 PM »
I wasn't thrilled about the in laws staying at our place for two weeks but they have been helpful. A little intrusive but extremely helpful to say the least. I suggest you welcome this notion

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2013, 07:54:26 PM »
Bein a daddy is awesome....plain and simple.  I'm a man blessed with a loving wife and daughter....my girls!!  Nothin like it.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2013, 07:55:36 PM »
A,lot of estrogen flowing in this thread.i feel like I should be posting a photo of Dorian doing a Romanian dead lift or something

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2013, 07:56:19 PM »
my wife has implants

Pics or  it didn't happen .

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2013, 07:56:57 PM »
We bottle fed and had zero problems. Wife didnt want to deal with breast feeding and it was much simpler to bottle feed.

Some of the docs acted like we were telling them that we were getting ready to torture our baby to death and tried to guilt trip us into breast feeding.  I basically had to tell a nurse to raise her own fucking baby and let us raise ours. Lulz.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2013, 07:58:47 PM »

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2013, 07:59:52 PM »
We bottle fed and had zero problems. Wife didnt want to deal with breast feeding and it was much simpler to bottle feed.

Some of the docs acted like we were telling them that we were getting ready to torture our baby to death and tried to guilt trip us into breast feeding.  I basically had to tell a nurse to raise her own fucking baby and let us raise ours. Lulz.

My wife is a nurse practitioner. So that doesn't help matters. She has been a total wreck over this. This subject has dominated our entire lives over the past 5 days. It's crazy.

dustin

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2013, 08:01:40 PM »
Just became a pops to a baby girl on christmas morning at 6am. 9 pound girl. I cried like a baby when she came out. Not sure why I got so emotional but I sure did.

Guys I am not going to lie I am very tired. When does it get better?

Congrats! Just learn to nap, bro... you will... by force lol

Seriously, I feel more rested taking two hours naps a few times a day. Sleep at night, wake up to feed the baby (wife pumps, I try feeding at night because I feel like a guilty fucker lol) and then we go back to bed. Our baby is thankfully awesome and sleeps really well throughout the night. But hit up those naps for sure.

And don't worry about crying. Everyone's entitled to have a pussy moment when their child is born. 8)

my wife has implants and it killed her production,devestated her..3rd one got at least enough to start his immune system..

Sorry to hear about that, bro. My wife's got implants but it thankfully didn't mess with her production. We have great lactation consultants so she was able to get a lot of help. She had some problems at the start but it's good now.

I wasn't thrilled about the in laws staying at our place for two weeks but they have been helpful. A little intrusive but extremely helpful to say the least. I suggest you welcome this notion

We didn't have anyone stay with us but we visited family daily and they dropped off food for us. At home, that's your domain. It might feel like a good idea at first, but if you're on tren right now... you'll probably rip someone a new asshole when they overstep their bounds. I almost killed my grandma when she showed up unexpectedly and stayed with us for a few days. We had to politely kick her out because we couldn't find our groove with her hovering around. It sounds brutal (I love my grandma a ton) but you guys need to figure things out on your terms. The additional help is awesome, but it's still you and the wifey and the baby at the end of the day.

Invite family to bring some cooked meals over, help with errands and things like that. But generally speaking, at least from what I've experienced and seen with friends, home is your domain. People should ALWAYS ask before coming over, keep hand sanitizer and don't be afraid to ask them if they've washed their hands first (better safe than sorry) and don't be afraid to be selfish and guard your child. Sleeplessness can catch up with you and if can feel like you're completely drunk at times. I got hit hard at the 4 week mark and still feel like my head is spinning (especially because it's the holiday season).

This is only my advice though. There's no clear cut answer. If it feels like it's working for you guys, run with it. If it doesn't jive, don't force it and find something that feels better. All the best!!

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2013, 08:03:02 PM »
my oldest i thought i was a goner,she was cholic so bad wailed through her feedings for months non stop ,i had to walk holding her,use blow dryers for sound,car rides at night to calm her,u would sit down and she was what '2months old'and she would know u were sitting and cry soloud it was piercing,,we switched formulas and i said fuk it turned her on her belly to sleep,,today she'ssecond grader who reads on 6th grade level,great swimmer,,middle one was easier as baby now 4 pain in the ass drama queen,,the baby is kinda like 1st he's 4months old and screams for 2 hrs before bed but sleeps the night pretty much :-\...

Sounds like the first ten weeks of my little dudes life

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2013, 08:03:59 PM »
Just became a pops to a baby girl on christmas morning at 6am. 9 pound girl. I cried like a baby when she came out. Not sure why I got so emotional but I sure did.

Guys I am not going to lie I am very tired. When does it get better?
Congrats man.........nice Christmas present.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2013, 08:05:08 PM »
My wife is a nurse practitioner. So that doesn't help matters. She has been a total wreck over this. This subject has dominated our entire lives over the past 5 days. It's crazy.
my wife is a nurse r.n was labor and delivery ,now she does high risk ..took extended leave pay 5 months going back to work jan 5 ,and now has severe back issue,can't walk more than a minute and hunches over,i cooked,cleaned the works all weekend and like i said all this with a 4 month old she's shot and going to doc this wk to get verdict.she's screwed 3 /4 day schedule 12 hr nites,,she is in so much pain ,leg.sciatic nerve cried all weekend.

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2013, 08:05:15 PM »
I have two.

Friends will come and go in your life. And, some marriages don't last forever.

However, love for your kids is like no other. You'll never stop loving them. It's a feeling you truly understand once you have kids.

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2013, 08:05:19 PM »
Thanks man!
The pump is definitely our friend right now. It's going on day 5 and baby isn't getting it. We are committed to this though.

Tip I'm sure she mentioned already, sometimes the bottle is easier for newborns, if your wife can pump even just 1oz at a time, often plenty. Get those milk storing bags!
®

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2013, 08:05:43 PM »
Being a father is the greatest privilege to have in my life. To come home and have your children run up to hug and kiss you after a long day at work makes it all worth while. You really do relive your childhood through them.I do not see any part of it as hard work what's ever. You do lose your free to rome world-wide of your single life and the ability to have fragile collectibles around the house (INSERT MAN CAVE HERE) you no longer can just grab your keys and hit the road for a quick trip or to a buddies house. These things will all come back once they are grown and off on there own. I tell you what, my wife and I have 4 and we love it. If we need to "get away" we hop a quick plane to Las Vegas or drive up to Whistler.    Wiggs don't fear marriage respect it. Know what your getting into and know that both parties have to sacrifice to get along. After many years of marriage I can attest that my wife and I are still learning and working on it. If it's true love you will know it's worth the struggle.
h

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2013, 08:05:48 PM »
oh I know... in the health industry its horrible.... if you dont do exactly what tjey preach, then your baby is going to spontaenously die a horrible, slow death and its all your fault as a horrible parent.

our logic was that it wasnt practical - she couldnt (and wouldnt) stop and pop her tit out everywhere and any time to feed, she didnt want to be attached to the babies hip for a whole year (our friends wife couldnt pump, and the baby wouldnt feed unless it was her tit, so they never could go anywhere or do anything), and both of our families have been bottle fed with zero issues whatsoever (in fact, we both got sick less as children that our respective breastfed relatives).

it worked out great for us. Everyone should have the right to choose what they want to do with regards to raising their children, and the doctors and nurses were really pissing me the fuck off, they were almost harrassing us, making notes to have other docs talk to us, telling us horror stories,all this bullshit.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2013, 08:06:45 PM »
I have two.

Friends will come and go in your life. And, some marriages don't last forever.

However, love for your kids is like no other. You'll never stop loving them. It's a feeling you truly understand once you have kids.
i agree..

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2013, 08:07:28 PM »
Wiggs before thinking about having a  baby , you need to think about getting a job , health insurance, a house  and a good woman.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2013, 08:07:34 PM »
Congrats man.........nice Christmas present.

Thanks man. 36 hours of labor was tough! Great gift as we didn't know the sex so it made it really cool

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2013, 08:10:57 PM »
Thanks man. 36 hours of labor was tough! Great gift as we didn't know the sex so it made it really cool
Awesome.........the surprise of course,not the 36 hours of labor.  ;)

All the best to the 3 of you bud.  ;)

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2013, 08:13:09 PM »
Wiggs before thinking about having a  baby , you need to think about getting a job , health insurance, a house  and a good woman.

Lol does he not have those things? Wiggs what's up? You kind of need these to raise a child

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2013, 08:16:49 PM »
Lol does he not have those things?

He doesn't .

BTW  congrats on your new  baby.