Author Topic: UFC 168 - Payroll - So embarrassing it's pitiful.  (Read 23325 times)

Natural Man

• Getbig V
Re: UFC 168 payroll. So embarassing it's pitiful.
« Reply #150 on: January 03, 2014, 06:03:01 PM »
OK, so being a millionaire is not rich. Kobe makes 30 million a year but he's not rich. Jay Leno pulls in excess of 25 million a year but not rich. You have quite a high standard for what constitutes being financially wealthy. I'm going to guess then that you are not rich nor will you ever be.

Anybody that works for a living is a slave. The news anchor I'm watching right now on TV is a slave. A member of my church who has worked at Walmart for over 30 years starting as a bag boy but is now a district manager making $150,000 a year is not only not well off but a slave. My 24 year old neighbor who is a fireman and pulled in $75 grand is also a poor slave. The great Arnold who worked as an actor and then a politician is a non rich slave. Dana White and Anderson Silva all have to work to get a pay check and they are just poor slaves. I look at the all the people at the recent New Years neighborhood block party, all laughing and enjoying themselves with their children and families, all looking well fed and happy: a meat manager at a grocery store, a mailman, a school bus driver, a pharmacist, a cashier, truck driver, convenience store owner, a teacher, a web designer... all jobs that allow our society to function. And all slaves. All being, as you so eloquently put it, "Fucked hard up the arse." But not you. You have a leg up on the rest of us. Somehow you manage to provide a roof over your head, food on the table and clothes on your back... not to mention the computer now in front of you by being a free man. How one expects to get things but not work for them is something that Americans don't understand. We value work. We honor the working man.

But to you we are just too ignorant to realize how miserable we should be. Somehow, despite you ability to avoid a "hard arse fucking", you don't strike me as a particularly happy and content person. You sound very bitter, angry and resentful. Resentful of others who have done better in life than you have. And it's not because of any hard work, ambition, drive, intelligence, determination and courage to take risks. It's because they were born elites. Dana White was born into privilege and now can exploit others. He got all the breaks and you didn't. But your virginal arse is still intact. Well, good for you.

We slaves will slave on and you, well, you carry on as well living the dream with your unviolated arse. The rest of us will wallow in our ignorant state of bliss all the way to our grave. You're the true winner. You should be happy.
you honor the man who got rid of the competition... the dude who started as a bag boy and ended district manager stepped on many heads to get there, he was the smartest, strongest, fittest, that's all. All humans do admire the strongests, while wishing to see them fail at the same time. Most people stay alive just to see someone else, often a close relative, family member, to fail. That's "human" nature. We are animals.

thebrink

• Getbig V
Re: UFC 168 - Payroll - So embarrassing it's pitiful.
« Reply #151 on: January 03, 2014, 06:13:14 PM »

we all have that spot we have to clean to put food on the table.

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #152 on: January 03, 2014, 07:44:02 PM »
you honor the man who got rid of the competition... the dude who started as a bag boy and ended district manager stepped on many heads to get there, he was the smartest, strongest, fittest, that's all. All humans do admire the strongests, while wishing to see them fail at the same time. Most people stay alive just to see someone else, often a close relative, family member, to fail. That's "human" nature. We are animals.

I don't entirely agree with this. Of course when you succeed, get a particular position in life, be it a District Manager or a part in a movie or sitcom, that means that someone else didn't get it. But it doesn't necessarily mean that you stepped on heads. That implies, at least as I read it, that you did something malicious to your competition to get that position. It could be that the hiring party simply evaluated the candidates and chose whom he thought was the best. If three people are being interviewed for a job and one is chosen, it's not because he stepped on his competition's head or did anything to undermine their success. Chances are he doesn't even know or even met the other candidates. And though this may apply to you, I don't, nor do I think most other people, wish others to fail. I think most Americans want everybody to succeed and do well. Just because you don't get a certain job or a certain position you wanted doesn't mean you failed in life. At least in this country, opportunities abound if you are willing to hustle a little. That's why a lot of immigrants, with little education and not even knowing the language, can succeed and be successful. They know what it's really like to come from an oppressive and corrupt country where you have very little or no hope to improve your circumstances.

We may be animals but not all of us are just animals. Unlike animals we have a moral sense and I believe a soul and often will do things and sacrifice things, even our own survival, for a perceived higher moral good. My grandfather who was only 16 years old lied about his age so that he could join the Army and fight for his country.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
Re: UFC 168 - Payroll - So embarrassing it's pitiful.
« Reply #153 on: January 04, 2014, 12:10:47 AM »
Good judgement on luvvsunot's part. Yes, we are all slaves.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #154 on: January 04, 2014, 12:22:05 AM »
OK, so being a millionaire is not rich. Kobe makes 30 million a year but he's not rich. Jay Leno pulls in excess of 25 million a year but not rich. You have quite a high standard for what constitutes being financially wealthy. I'm going to guess then that you are not rich nor will you ever be.

Anybody that works for a living is a slave. The news anchor I'm watching right now on TV is a slave. A member of my church who has worked at Walmart for over 30 years starting as a bag boy but is now a district manager making $150,000 a year is not only not well off but a slave. My 24 year old neighbor who is a fireman and pulled in $75 grand is also a poor slave. The great Arnold who worked as an actor and then a politician is a non rich slave. Dana White and Anderson Silva all have to work to get a pay check and they are just poor slaves. I look at the all the people at the recent New Years neighborhood block party, all laughing and enjoying themselves with their children and families, all looking well fed and happy: a meat manager at a grocery store, a mailman, a school bus driver, a pharmacist, a cashier, truck driver, convenience store owner, a teacher, a web designer... all jobs that allow our society to function. And all slaves. All being, as you so eloquently put it, "Fucked hard up the arse." But not you. You have a leg up on the rest of us. Somehow you manage to provide a roof over your head, food on the table and clothes on your back... not to mention the computer now in front of you by being a free man. How one expects to get things but not work for them is something that Americans don't understand. We value work. We honor the working man.

But to you we are just too ignorant to realize how miserable we should be. Somehow, despite you ability to avoid a "hard arse fucking", you don't strike me as a particularly happy and content person. You sound very bitter, angry and resentful. Resentful of others who have done better in life than you have. And it's not because of any hard work, ambition, drive, intelligence, determination and courage to take risks. It's because they were born elites. Dana White was born into privilege and now can exploit others. He got all the breaks and you didn't. But your virginal arse is still intact. Well, good for you.

We slaves will slave on and you, well, you carry on as well living the dream with your unviolated arse. The rest of us will wallow in our ignorant state of bliss all the way to our grave. You're the true winner. You should be happy.
I have done very well in life.  I also value work, that work that benefits me and not enriches an already rich individual.  It is you who sound miserable and bitter.  I am happy because I worked hard to have access to the MOST VALUABLE resource in the world.  MY OWN TIME. All those people doing jobs they wouldn't be doing if they didn't have a choice and think that is somehow freedom are merely brainwashed. You really have no idea how indoctrinated you are do you.  You have just literally served up the exact same view of the Elites who enslave, yes most everyone.  Ever heard of Cultural Hegemony which describes the domination of a culturally diverse society by the ruling class, who manipulate the culture of the society — the beliefs, explanations, perceptions, values, and mores — so that their ruling-class worldview becomes the worldview that is imposed and accepted as the cultural norm; as the universally valid dominant ideology that justifies the social, political, and economic status quo as natural, inevitable, perpetual and beneficial for everyone, rather than as artificial social constructs that benefit only the ruling class.  That's the beauty and genius of the system, the enslaved have no idea that they are in fact enslaved. The problem is people are told what to think rather than how to think.  Those who have learned how to think will escape this indoctrination and be able to see outside of their limited worldview.

The irony is, it was the Slave Owners who first suggested that wage slavery was even more oppressive than Chattel Slavery.  They were right, they merely replaced the fear of force with propaganda. The only FREE man is those that have found a way to REALLY CHOOSE what they do with their time.  If their only choice is to work or starve, this isn't true freedom.  And you fail to see the scale of oppression and exploitation.  America could be considered the more well off slaves, living of the more exploited third world Countries.  The thing that strikes me is you have no idea how you betray your own class and promote the agenda of the ruling class.  It's as if you are completely oblivious to the brainwashing you have endured.  If you are a happy contented slave, carry on then.  If you are happy to sacrifice the one thing that is truly yours, your time, to further enrich already obscenely rich men then carry on comrade. I am sure they appreciate you sacrificing what could have been the best years of your life to do so.  Like I said, the genius of the ruling classes is how they have gotten those they exploit to promote their agenda.  

Well, I think that what used to be called, centuries ago, "wage slavery" is intolerable. And I don't think people ought to be forced to rent themselves in order to survive. I think that the economic institutions ought to be run democratically, by their participants, by the communities in which they exist, and so on; and I think basically through various kinds of free association.- Noam Chomsky
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #155 on: January 04, 2014, 12:53:12 AM »

This parable sums up the difference in our point of views:

An American tourist was at the pier of a small coastal Mexican village when a small boat with just one fisherman docked.

Inside the small boat were several large yellowfin tuna. The tourist complimented the Mexican on the quality of his fish and asked how long it took to catch them.

The Mexican replied, "Only a little while."

The tourist then asked, "Why didn't you stay out longer and catch more fish?"

The Mexican said, "With this I have more than enough to support my family's needs."

The tourist then asked, "But what do you do with the rest of your time?"

The Mexican fisherman said, "I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children, take siesta with my wife, Maria, stroll into the village each evening where I sip wine and play guitar with my amigos, I have a full and busy life."

The tourist scoffed, " I can help you. You should spend more time fishing; and with the proceeds, buy a bigger boat: With the proceeds from the bigger boat you could buy several boats. Eventually you would have a fleet of fishing boats. Instead of selling your catch to a middleman you would sell directly to the processor; eventually opening your own cannery. You would control the product, processing and distribution. You could leave this small coastal fishing village and move to Mexico City, then Los Angeles and eventually New York where you could run your ever-expanding enterprise."

The Mexican fisherman asked, "But, how long will this all take?"

The tourist replied, "15 to 20 years."

"But what then?" asked the Mexican.

The tourist laughed and said, "That's the best part. When the time is right you would sell your company stock to the public and become very rich, you would make millions."

"Millions?...Then what?"

The American said, "Then you would retire. Move to a small coastal fishing village where you would sleep late, fish a little, play with your kids, take siesta with your wife, stroll to the village in the evenings where you could sip wine and play your guitar with your amigos."
V

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #156 on: January 04, 2014, 01:36:13 AM »
I have done very well in life.  I also value work, that work that benefits me and not enriches an already rich individual.  It is you who sound miserable and bitter.  I am happy because I worked hard to have access to the MOST VALUABLE resource in the world.  MY OWN TIME. All those people doing jobs they wouldn't be doing if they didn't have a choice and think that is somehow freedom are merely brainwashed. You really have no idea how indoctrinated you are do you.  You have just literally served up the exact same view of the Elites who enslave, yes most everyone.  Ever heard of Cultural Hegemony which describes the domination of a culturally diverse society by the ruling class, who manipulate the culture of the society — the beliefs, explanations, perceptions, values, and mores — so that their ruling-class worldview becomes the worldview that is imposed and accepted as the cultural norm; as the universally valid dominant ideology that justifies the social, political, and economic status quo as natural, inevitable, perpetual and beneficial for everyone, rather than as artificial social constructs that benefit only the ruling class.  That's the beauty and genius of the system, the enslaved have no idea that they are in fact enslaved. The problem is people are told what to think rather than how to think.  Those who have learned how to think will escape this indoctrination and be able to see outside of their limited worldview.

The irony is, it was the Slave Owners who first suggested that wage slavery was even more oppressive than Chattel Slavery.  They were right, they merely replaced the fear of force with propaganda. The only FREE man is those that have found a way to REALLY CHOOSE what they do with their time.  If their only choice is to work or starve, this isn't true freedom.  And you fail to see the scale of oppression and exploitation.  America could be considered the more well off slaves, living of the more exploited third world Countries.  The thing that strikes me is you have no idea how you betray your own class and promote the agenda of the ruling class.  It's as if you are completely oblivious to the brainwashing you have endured.  If you are a happy contented slave, carry on then.  If you are happy to sacrifice the one thing that is truly yours, your time, to further enrich already obscenely rich men then carry on comrade. I am sure they appreciate you sacrificing what could have been the best years of your life to do so.  Like I said, the genius of the ruling classes is how they have gotten those they exploit to promote their agenda.  

Well, I think that what used to be called, centuries ago, "wage slavery" is intolerable. And I don't think people ought to be forced to rent themselves in order to survive. I think that the economic institutions ought to be run democratically, by their participants, by the communities in which they exist, and so on; and I think basically through various kinds of free association.- Noam Chomsky

So what do you do for a living?

And give me an example of me sounding miserable and bitter? I am grateful for my life and being born and living in the USA and gave examples of that. How I believe our lives are much, much better than previous generations.

You are the one constantly moaning about everybody who works for a living is enslaved and we're all controlled by the "elites". You believe our lives are much worse than our grandparents and beyond. You don't sound grateful at all for the relatively cushy life you live. Without gratitude happiness is impossible.