Author Topic: Breaking Bad analysis  (Read 10787 times)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
Re: Breaking Bad analysis
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2014, 06:00:46 PM »
I've heard The Wire takes four or five episodes to really hook you.  I watched the first two last year and was bored to death.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2014, 06:58:22 PM »
they opened up one of those mexican chicken fast food locations in my area, the one that was on the show

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2014, 07:00:21 PM »
gotta admit Walt's black SRT totally made me appreciate that car, if only they offered it in AWD I'd consider it as my next winter ride.

NightTrain

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2014, 07:02:59 PM »
they opened up one of those mexican chicken fast food locations in my area, the one that was on the show

LOL seriously? that's pretty cool... I got a "Los Polos Hermanos" shirt... but the actual place... if a neat black dude with glasses is serving you (it's a trap) ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2014, 12:14:06 AM »
Hank let his emotions get the best of him.

Walt was retired with less than a year to live.
Hank was ASAC and moving up the ranks... dude would have been head of homeland security in ten more years.
And ninety million in untraceable money just sitting there.

There are times in life when you have to step back and think shit through.  In real life, Marie suggests "dude, just keep the cash, and let walt die..." and that's what happens.

Hank couldnt let it go.  it was his downfall.  He could have quietly let walt die and enjoy the 20 car washes they would have owned with skyler.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2014, 01:25:36 AM »
Try Southland

its fucking tragic that it was cancelled twice, by 2 separate networks.

Easily one of the best cops show ever made, and as good as The Wire, and certainly the most authentic

Will look up.

I like realism like True Detective and Breaking Bad maintains..

Looking at Walking Dead now but zombie movies aren't really my shake of protein..

mdn250

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2014, 07:07:08 AM »
So I'm watching breaking bad on AMC, I was a fan boy. So it's the episode he realizes Walt is Heisenberg. Can you imagine the shame he felt, embarrassment, foolishness, inferiority, and weakness he felt about his career as a DEA agent, and failure as a man to realize the Biggest meth dealer is his brother-in-law whom he's reasonably close with and you know jack shit about it. Not even a fucking hint. And you were played for a fool. You, and everyone by intellectually superior and devious human being.

My friends, I don't think this is something you ever recover from. I mean Hank had a panic attack and nearly took out his family on the highway when it happened to him and he touts himself to being a smart, tough guy. Boy did you see him realize his place in life really quick. Talk about humbled.  Anyway this is one of my favorite moments in the show when Hank realizes he's dealing what someone else right underneath his nose. Alright, I'll hop of Walt's kock now he did make alot of mistakes.

Old post but gotta say I love it. Hank was the cocky, tough guy, cop we all see in real life and tv/movies. In Hank's eyes, Walt was just so below him and such a common "guy".
Remember him saying to Marie about the second cell phone "come on baby, obviously hes having an affair, I mean look at his life hes a super smart guy who amounted to a teacher, etc"
That moment when he found out was just classic.  He judged the book by it's cover and wound up 6 feet deep in a hole with his sidekick for it.

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
  • You want it to be one way,but it's the other way.
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2014, 07:28:06 AM »
What i loved about the final season, and what i think was so brilliant about it was that EVERYONE had a hand in their own fate, and you cant feel bad for anyone.

Walt: His greed got him where he was, he couldve stopped earlier. He did stop at the end, but it was a bit too late. You cant feel bad for him because he started all of this

Jessie: He got the worst of all of it in the final season, he saw Andrea get executed , but you cant feel bad for him. Why ? because it was all his own fault. He had millions of dollars, why couldnt he man the fuck up and enjoy the money he worked so hard and literally killed for? he had to go out and toss money out and get caught, and as a result work with Hank.  Why did andrea get killed? how di dthe Aryans know about her? it was because Jessie was working with Hank, which made Walt put out a "hit" on Jessie, and Walt gave them teh address for Andrea. So if Jessie had just enjoyed his Money, none of that wouldve happened to him nor andrea

Hank: Sucks for Hank, but he did go off the books. he didnt play by the rules. If he had all teh evidence he needed, he shouldve set a task force and staked out the area where the money was buried. He couldve set undercover agents following walt to that location. You play in the dirt, your gonna get dirty... hank played dirty, it got him killed

Skyler: She was a bitch, didnt appreciate  the sacrifice walt made for his family, at the end she was left lonely, albeit rich

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2014, 07:34:49 AM »
Just realized my two current favorite shows True detective and BB have an all white cast basically. I also like Big Bang Theory, Two and a half men.. and used to like the X-files growing up.

Am I racist now?  :-\

mdn250

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2014, 08:19:33 AM »
What i loved about the final season, and what i think was so brilliant about it was that EVERYONE had a hand in their own fate, and you cant feel bad for anyone.

Walt: His greed got him where he was, he couldve stopped earlier. He did stop at the end, but it was a bit too late. You cant feel bad for him because he started all of this

Jessie: He got the worst of all of it in the final season, he saw Andrea get executed , but you cant feel bad for him. Why ? because it was all his own fault. He had millions of dollars, why couldnt he man the fuck up and enjoy the money he worked so hard and literally killed for? he had to go out and toss money out and get caught, and as a result work with Hank.  Why did andrea get killed? how di dthe Aryans know about her? it was because Jessie was working with Hank, which made Walt put out a "hit" on Jessie, and Walt gave them teh address for Andrea. So if Jessie had just enjoyed his Money, none of that wouldve happened to him nor andrea

Hank: Sucks for Hank, but he did go off the books. he didnt play by the rules. If he had all teh evidence he needed, he shouldve set a task force and staked out the area where the money was buried. He couldve set undercover agents following walt to that location. You play in the dirt, your gonna get dirty... hank played dirty, it got him killed

Skyler: She was a bitch, didnt appreciate  the sacrifice walt made for his family, at the end she was left lonely, albeit rich

Great post. Sums it up perfect. I keep thinking about Walt's "number" in the first season. Wasn't it like $740,000 or something? I think it is safe to say it was far from $80 million. Best tale of greed that I have ever seen.

Even Marlo gave up the crown :) 

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2014, 08:51:50 AM »
Will look up.

I like realism like True Detective and Breaking Bad maintains..

Looking at Walking Dead now but zombie movies aren't really my shake of protein..

You'll love it then, it's the only show that has real life beat cop scenarios woven in with the detective scenes.. They use real life Cholo gangsters to play most of the thugs

First season is just good but the next four are masterpieces

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2014, 09:11:33 AM »

I dont have HBO... but i would totally sign up for it... in order to see season 6 of the Wire.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2014, 09:13:41 AM »
Great post. Sums it up perfect. I keep thinking about Walt's "number" in the first season. Wasn't it like $740,000 or something? I think it is safe to say it was far from $80 million. Best tale of greed that I have ever seen.

it has nothing to do with greed.  It was the scarface analogy, you get the money then you get the power and it was the power that drove walt.  The money was secondary.  He admits at the end he loved it because for the first time in his life he did something he was good at.  The money just filled a hole for him from his loss at gray matter.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2014, 09:17:08 AM »
Probably a stick figure now

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2014, 09:18:09 AM »
I didn't like Hank from the moment he appeared, but felt sorry for him at the end when he was executed.  But his wife..... ugghhhh.... I wanted to curb stomp that annoying bitch every time she appeared on the screen.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2014, 09:23:28 AM »
the moment skyler said "What's one more?" about killing jesse, at the hotel after he poured gas in their house... that's when she truly broke bad.

unrelated, but hilarious added ending here:

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
  • You want it to be one way,but it's the other way.
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2014, 09:31:13 AM »
the moment skyler said "What's one more?" about killing jesse, at the hotel after he poured gas in their house... that's when she truly broke bad.

unrelated, but hilarious added ending here:

looks like you were running incognito mode? the link didnt work;

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2014, 11:24:45 AM »
Listen to the words Hank uses to Walt in the first minute of this 2 hour re-cap,especially about the weight of the gun,thats shows the contempt Hank had for Walt at the beginning.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml-a2HbtAWs

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2014, 11:27:53 AM »

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2014, 12:28:55 PM »
I've heard The Wire takes four or five episodes to really hook you.  I watched the first two last year and was bored to death.

Yeah it is worth sticking with The Wire through all five seasons. On a whole, its better than Breaking Bad and The Sopranos. Love all three shows but nothing compares to the reality of the wire and how it unfolds through all five seasons.

Breaking Bad had the most satisfying conclusion of any series in history however. I don't think anyone was disappointed with how it ended.