Author Topic: triceps  (Read 2564 times)

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
triceps
« on: January 17, 2014, 09:58:50 PM »
what are some tricks to make the triceps pop... Arms are nearly 20 inches hot and bf is dropping by the day..       should I being focusing on the outer shoulder??
a

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
Re: triceps
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 03:50:47 PM »
Close grip bench press is a killer. I supersetted it with skull crushers and the burn and pump was awesome.

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 07:44:30 PM »
Close grip bench press is a killer. I supersetted it with skull crushers and the burn and pump was awesome.
I will try this thanks.   I generally use cables and over head extensions     
a

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 08:17:10 AM »
 ;D any combination of these will do.
F

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 08:19:56 AM »
thank you sir.. gonna try some of these today
a

T-REX007

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 10:19:29 AM »
super set low rep weighted dips ( 3-5 reps) with high rep pushdowns ( 15-20 reps)  and close grips for med reps( 8-10 reps), do three or 4 rounds with about 90 sec breaks, always fries my tri's for a few days

:D

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 09:54:21 AM »
smith machine close grip........lying db extensions......one arm cable pushdowns.......3 sets a piece.......8-10 reps......pretty decent workout.

don't need to do too many sets.......they get plenty of stimulation with chest and delts......imho.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 10:40:02 AM »
joe meeko used to favor putting a 2 x 4  board across the nautilus chest press machine and do close grip bench presses that way. powertec puts out a multi-press machine and has a bar attachment to accomplish the same thing.the attachment fit in the hand grips outside the yolk.
F

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2014, 10:51:33 AM »
smith machine close grip........lying db extensions......one arm cable pushdowns.......3 sets a piece.......8-10 reps......pretty decent workout.

don't need to do too many sets.......they get plenty of stimulation with chest and delts......imho.
i agree People do too much. Dips,Benches, Military press....enough. Maybe incline ez bar extensions with the mentioned lifts. I think direct work on arms is also good but i am not a pro so i stick to Basics.

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2014, 02:55:37 PM »
i agree People do too much. Dips,Benches, Military press....enough. Maybe incline ez bar extensions with the mentioned lifts. I think direct work on arms is also good but i am not a pro so i stick to Basics.

Absolutely. You can stimulate your triceps plenty with heavy compound pressing movements. NOTHING ruins you elbows more than heavy tricep extensions/skullcrusher type movements, they place a huge stress on the tendons. Try heavy overhead presses to really stimulate your whole tricep (the long head muscle tends to lose out on bench press type movements)